Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Tom Brady the new Brett Farve

+3
RSoxGuy
EPICxPENGUIN69
usmfan45
7 posters

Go down

Tom Brady the new Brett Farve Empty Tom Brady the new Brett Farve

Post  usmfan45 August 7th 2012, 1:22 pm

He wants to play until he is 42. That's right, you'll get to see Tom Brady doing commercials for AARP while watching a Patriots game in which he is the starting QB. How's that for a little fun? Just don't let him have too much fun. He's old you know.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady the new Brett Farve Empty Re: Tom Brady the new Brett Farve

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 7th 2012, 2:18 pm

I give him2 or 3 more years max
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 7th 2012, 2:35 pm

Lets not forget all the shit Farve put the fans, media and organizations through to feed his ego....

• Jan. 30, 2006: Weeks after his friend, Mike Sherman, was fired as Packers head coach, Favre tells ESPN he was undecided on whether he'll return for a 16th season. "If I had to pick right now and make a decision," he said, "I'd say I'm not coming back."

• April 25, 2006: Favre commits to the Packers for another season.

• Sept. 3, 2006: Favre tells HBO he could envision himself playing for a team other than the Packers. Said Favre, "If it comes to a point where they do start over and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead. But we've got to start over. It's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say 'No.' "

• Nov. 12, 2006: Packers coach Mike McCarthy says he wants Favre to return, but wants him to make a quick decision on his status in the offseason.

• Dec. 31, 2006: Favre is non-committal in a TV interview after the Packers' season-ending defeat of the Bears. "If today's my last game," he said, "I want to remember it. It's tough. It's tough. I'll miss these guys, I'll miss this game."

• Feb. 2, 2007: Favre commits to playing a 17th season with the Packers. "I am so excited about coming back," he said. "I'm excited about playing for a talented young football team."

• Jan. 5, 2008: After leading the Packers to an NFC North title and a 13-3 record, Favre receives the only NFL MVP vote not cast for New England Patriots QB Tom Brady.

• Jan. 20, 2008: The Packers lose to the New York Giants 23-20 in overtime of the NFC Championship Game.

• March 4, 2008: Saying he hasn't got "anything left to give," Favre announces his retirement from the Packers.

• April 25, 2008: Favre acknowledges having "second thoughts" and refuses to rule out a comeback. He tells David Letterman, "I mean it was never a clear-cut decision. I can't expect people to understand. I think people have all faced decisions at times where you never know."

• July 11, 2008: The Packers refuse a request by Favre to grant him his unconditional release.

• July 14, 2008: Favre tells Fox News that he wants to play for a team other than the Packers.

• Aug. 7, 2008: After Favre formally unretires and arrives in Green Bay, the Packers trade Favre to the New York Jets, who make him their starting quarterback.

• Sept. 28, 2008: Favre throws a career-high six touchdowns as the Jets beat the Arizona Cardinals 56-35.

• Nov. 23, 2008: Favre leads the Jets to their fifth straight win, a 34-13 defeat of the previously undefeated Tennessee Titans. But Favre's season would spiral downward, as he threw just two touchdowns and nine interceptions in the team's 1-4 finish.

• Jan. 2, 2009: Jets running back Thomas Jones says Favre's play down the stretch for the Jets warranted him being benched. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day," Jones says.

• Feb. 11, 2009: Favre retires again, calling it "the real deal" and saying he was unwilling to have surgery on his torn bicep tendon.

• Feb. 13, 2009: Favre tells ESPN "there's no way" he'll play in another NFL game.

• April 28, 2009: The Jets grant Favre his unconditional release. Favre reiterates he is retired and has "no intention of returning to football."

• June 10, 2009: Vikings head coach Brad Childress says he won't place a deadline on Favre for a decision if the quarterback wants to play in Minnesota.

• June 15, 2009: Favre acknowledges he's interested in playing again in an interview on HBO and says he had surgery to repair his torn biceps tendon in late May. "I know people are tired of it, really," Favre says. "My intention … isn't to create controversy."

• July 17, 2009: Favre works out with high school players in Mississippi and vows to give the Vikings an answer by the start of training camp on July 30.

• July 28, 2009: Favre tells the Vikings he won't end his second retirement. In what he calls the "hardest decision" he ever made, Favre says, "I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable."

• Aug. 18, 2009: Favre reverses his decision and joins the Vikings. He says he wants to bring a championship to Minnesota.

-- Compiled from USA TODAY research

I dont see Brady doing any of this.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 7th 2012, 2:49 pm

you cant see tom brady behaving like a jerk off?

tom brady lose in playoffs and says he is done
his hot wife says he should go back and play
he does
retires at end of season
wife says keep playing or no pussy
he does
tries to retire one more time
wife says "nope"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 7th 2012, 5:55 pm

LOL. Heres the thing, Brady has takn tons LESS abuse than farve has. think about rule changes and the nasty hits and things guy got away with in the 90s that Farve had to endure (not that I like the selfish SOB). QBs of the last 8 years didnt have to deal with that so it naturally extends their careers. Rodgers and Brady and Brees have many years ahead of them and seeing any of them play to 40 isnt unreasonable in my eyes. At the top of their game at 40? No. There is always some sort of decline but it wont be barely as drastic as we saw QBs who played late into their years prior to the 2000s.

As for Brady gettin ass? After dumping Moynahan to get with Gisele, I dont see him running out of prime pieces of ass for some time regardless of if hes playing or not. Though he does have a forehead like Frankenstein.

RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 7th 2012, 6:00 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:LOL. Heres the thing, Brady has takn tons LESS abuse than farve has. think about rule changes and the nasty hits and things guy got away with in the 90s that Farve had to endure (not that I like the selfish SOB). QBs of the last 8 years didnt have to deal with that so it naturally extends their careers. Rodgers and Brady and Brees have many years ahead of them and seeing any of them play to 40 isnt unreasonable in my eyes. At the top of their game at 40? No. There is always some sort of decline but it wont be barely as drastic as we saw QBs who played late into their years prior to the 2000s.

As for Brady gettin ass? After dumping Moynahan to get with Gisele, I dont see him running out of prime pieces of ass for some time regardless of if hes playing or not. Though he does have a forehead like Frankenstein.

manning didnt take much abuse and he ended up needing 3 neck surgeries because of 1 hit. Brady may need a career changing surgery because football is a violent sport even if they baby him
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 7th 2012, 7:08 pm

Brady has said this multiple times. I see him having at least 5 years left in him. When Brady retires, he'll probably become a QB coach at a high school or at Michigan/California school.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 7th 2012, 7:23 pm

I know Favre had been indecisive throughout the last few years of his career but it's also not his fault the media was obsessed with him and covered his decision-making process so much.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 7th 2012, 8:06 pm

Hmmm.... How long do you all think Tom Brady has left, of good football?
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 7th 2012, 8:33 pm

usmfan45 wrote:Hmmm.... How long do you all think Tom Brady has left, of good football?

5 or 6.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 7th 2012, 9:09 pm

in all honesty i have to say i respect TB, but i dont like the man....hes 35 now, so i will say at the MOST he plays for 3 years, if he wins a Superbowl this season he retires, i promise you..it was kinda the reason i was mad at the Giants for beating him in this Superbowl, i know for a 95% FACT that if Brady would have WON the SB he would have been gone already.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 7th 2012, 10:18 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:in all honesty i have to say i respect TB, but i dont like the man....hes 35 now, so i will say at the MOST he plays for 3 years, if he wins a Superbowl this season he retires, i promise you..it was kinda the reason i was mad at the Giants for beating him in this Superbowl, i know for a 95% FACT that if Brady would have WON the SB he would have been gone already.

Yeah, I doubt that. Some guys you just can't get rid of. As dumb as that sounds. They just won't go away. He'd think "Hey, I still got it!!" And he'd still have it until he realized he just played on a good team. Not taking anything awy from him. He's an exceptional qb.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 8th 2012, 2:02 am

usmfan45 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:in all honesty i have to say i respect TB, but i dont like the man....hes 35 now, so i will say at the MOST he plays for 3 years, if he wins a Superbowl this season he retires, i promise you..it was kinda the reason i was mad at the Giants for beating him in this Superbowl, i know for a 95% FACT that if Brady would have WON the SB he would have been gone already.

Yeah, I doubt that. Some guys you just can't get rid of. As dumb as that sounds. They just won't go away. He'd think "Hey, I still got it!!" And he'd still have it until he realized he just played on a good team. Not taking anything awy from him. He's an exceptional qb.
Brady makes that team.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 8th 2012, 2:05 am

BasedS-Unit wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:

Brady makes that team.

I think it's a give and take kinda thing. Like Brady wouldn't do well without the Pats and the Pats wouldn't do well without Brady. I think it's just the perfect chemistry for a team. I know that sounds dumb.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum