Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The Rex Ryan Offense

+4
TRU11
EPICxPENGUIN69
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Rex Ryan Offense Empty The Rex Ryan Offense

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 13th 2012, 7:47 pm

For the first time in his tenure with the Jets, I think Rex finally has the team that he wants. Brian was never his guy. He was forced on Rex. But Tony is Rex's guy. And Tony is building the monster that Rex wants. He's creating the beast the that Rex would least like to face.

Rex is a defensive guy to his bones. So sitting him in a room and talking offensive concepts is like trying to teach your dog calculus in chinese. You'd get a side tilt of the head and a WTF look on his face. So when you talk offense to a defense guy, you gotta talk about fears. What is Rex most affraid to face?

Nothing is more disheartening to a defense than when an offense just sizes you up mano y mano and runs the ball down your throat. Rex, first and foremost, wants an offense that can man you up and knock you around. Thats the thing that he's most affraid of as a defensive guy. And really... nothing is worse than having an opponent just run it right at you over and over and over, eating up 8 minutes on a 70 yard drive for a touchdown, and kicking your ass for every yard of it. We had a taste of that down in Florida back in yesteryear. It didn't taste good. I want one of those to shove down the throats of my enemies.

Another thing Rex fears is tempo. It sucks when an offense gets in a groove and doesn't let you breathe. You can't change personnel, you can't adjust, you can't communicate, regroup, rethink... When they find a weakness and poke it and poke it and don't stop poking until they hit bone, it sucks (Patriots). It creates pressure on the defense. They can't disguise things, they can't read things, they have to be lined up and ready from the word go. You can't attack when the offense plays up-tempo. As a defense, you're forced to be reactive. Defenses can't dictate terms to up-tempo offenses. Rex loooves offenses that run the play clock down. Against those offenses, he can play with his looks and set traps and move guys around. He can dictate. When the offense comes to scrimmage and snaps it, he can't fool around with his looks. When facing up-tempo, Rex no likey. Therefore, gimme an up-tempo offense to throw at my enemies.

Another thing Rex hates to face, an offense that's multiple. An offense that can go from spread to jumbo without changing personnel. One of the things that I loved about the Bengals game was that our first unit operated almost exclusively from 2 TE sets with Keller and Cumberland. Yeah we were vanilla, and did mostly power runs (awesome) and basic pass schemes. But if you think we're not going to be creative with those two once the season rolls around, you're nuts. Why? Because Rex knows what a pain in the ass that is to plan for. If you go big, they can spread you out and get those guys matched up in space. If you go small, those guys can muscle you up in the run game. If you're working these guys in the middle of the field, you're occupying the safeties and keeping them from being too aggressive against the run, and you can also use them to slow down the rush by chipping and releasing. And by occupying the safeties, you create one-on-ones for your guys on the outside to take shots and make chunk plays. One missed tackle and its off to the races. You didn't see the stuff we're gonna do in a pre-season game. Nor should you. Why divulge your bread and butter and give your enemies a glimpse of your plans?

And last but not least... the wildcat. Why? Because it sucks to prepare for. And it supersucks if there's a legit passing option out of it. And what happens when you're not fully prepared for it? Thats right. You get a big fat "T" shoved down your throat. If you're weak defending the run? Tebow down you're throat. D-line gets gassed? Tebow down you're throat. And if you get too cute and bring the house after Tebow? Hill down field fighting for a jump-ball against your corner. And if the corner loses the jump and misses the tackle? Praise Jesus.

Rex finally has his team. A team made in his image. A defense thats the sum of his genius. An offense thats the sum of his fears. Dr Frankenstein and his monster. Beware.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

The Rex Ryan Offense Empty Re: The Rex Ryan Offense

Post  S August 13th 2012, 8:52 pm

You wrote a fuckin book. God. I'll read this soon.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 13th 2012, 9:15 pm

Stephen wrote:You wrote a fuckin book. God. I'll read this soon.

lol sorry...its just a different view than alot of people have about Rex and its truly the reason i believe he hired Sparano, so Sparano could install an Offense that can make it hard for Defenses to prepare for, Rex knows whats hard and whats not hard to get ready for...we will see how it unfolds
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 13th 2012, 9:23 pm

I am looking forward to the jets offense this year because I like spurano as an offensive guy. I never really liked shotty because his offensive game plans never made much sense.

Spurano and Rex will NOT ever in a million years start tebow over sanchez. yes, tebow will play a bit, some at qb. Sanchez has gotten better every year and i expect that trend to continue this season. especially with spurano.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 13th 2012, 9:26 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:I am looking forward to the jets offense this year because I like spurano as an offensive guy. I never really liked shotty because his offensive game plans never made much sense.

Spurano and Rex will NOT ever in a million years start tebow over sanchez. yes, tebow will play a bit, some at qb. Sanchez has gotten better every year and i expect that trend to continue this season. especially with spurano.

i agree, Tebow will get some snaps though, and just the idea of our opponent having to plan for that is really tremendous, Rex knows how hard it is to defend , teams wont know where when or how many times Tebow touches the ball but they sure as hell better prepare for it and that means less game planning against Sanchez, which should help him out a ton
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 13th 2012, 9:43 pm

Good for you guys.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 13th 2012, 9:47 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:I am looking forward to the jets offense this year because I like spurano as an offensive guy. I never really liked shotty because his offensive game plans never made much sense.

i agree, Tebow will get some snaps though, and just the idea of our opponent having to plan for that is really tremendous, Rex knows how hard it is to defend , teams wont know where when or how many times Tebow touches the ball but they sure as hell better prepare for it and that means less game planning against Sanchez, which should help him out a ton

especially if we have tebow learn WR or something were they stay on the field together, run some no huddle. normal offense play one, tebow run out of the WC play two, normal offense play three
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 14th 2012, 3:11 am

anyone want to make a summary lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 14th 2012, 3:36 am

TRU11 wrote:anyone want to make a summary lol

shotty sucked
spurano is rex's guy
they are making an offense rex wouldnt want to face because rex is a defensive guy
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 14th 2012, 4:23 am

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:anyone want to make a summary lol

shotty sucked
spurano is rex's guy
they are making an offense rex wouldnt want to face because rex is a defensive guy

ah okay the typical stuff.

cool story then .
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2012, 7:08 pm

I'll just throw this out there. But let me start by saying I dont see Tebow starting either, but....

-No one expected a sixth round QB to have the career Brady has had (I think he was a 6th round pick)
-No one expected Tebow to have as many wins as he had last year, or beat the steelers in the playoffs
-Alot of teams passed on A Foster in the draft, and look at the season(s) he has had
-No one expected a 5'-11 some MLB out of Miami who many thought was too small to play MLB, become one of the best LBs to play the game
-As well as many other examples.

Im just saying, just because we all dont expect something, doesnt mean it might actually happen.

Again, I dont see it happening either, I think Sanchez will actually have a good year this year, but sometimes we have to keep in mind the unexpected....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 14th 2012, 7:36 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I'll just throw this out there. But let me start by saying I dont see Tebow starting either, but....

-No one expected a sixth round QB to have the career Brady has had (I think he was a 6th round pick)
-No one expected Tebow to have as many wins as he had last year, or beat the steelers in the playoffs
-Alot of teams passed on A Foster in the draft, and look at the season(s) he has had
-No one expected a 5'-11 some MLB out of Miami who many thought was too small to play MLB, become one of the best LBs to play the game

Im just saying, just because we all dont expect something, doesnt mean it might actually happen.

Again, I dont see it happening either, I think Sanchez will actually have a good year this year, but sometimes we have to keep in mind the unexpected....

Didn't the Steelers cut Johnny Unitas to?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 14th 2012, 9:15 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I'll just throw this out there. But let me start by saying I dont see Tebow starting either, but....

Didn't the Steelers cut Johnny Unitas to?

Yep, he was drafted in the 9th round by the steelers, but the steelers released him becasue they didnt think he was smart enough for the QB position.

I dont know, I'm just the type where I keep my mind open to anything. From what I've seen in the past years since I started watching football, I've come to the conclusion that anything can happen in the NFL, no matter how strange, absurd, or out there it is....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 16th 2012, 1:37 am

Jets locker room will be in flames by week 5.
The Rex Ryan Offense MMMMMoon-MarkMyWords222
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2012, 1:40 am

RSoxGuy wrote:Jets locker room will be in flames by week 5.
The Rex Ryan Offense MMMMMoon-MarkMyWords222

from what? rex saying mark is the starter? tebow not practicing or playing well enough to start? the offense/defense having marks back? deflecting any QB controversy the media tries to bring up?

OH GOD NOT THAT!!!

the jets have no issues big enough to take up 13 hours of ESPN daily time but for some reason tebow is this big story they try and deep throat us with. Tebow isnt starting this season as a QB you absolute pussy moron.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 August 16th 2012, 2:29 am

I had some thing like this written up for the Seahawks.... then Firefox took a shit on it and froze.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 16th 2012, 5:13 pm

EPICxMUSICIAN69 wrote:

from what? rex saying mark is the starter? tebow not practicing or playing well enough to start? the offense/defense having marks back? deflecting any QB controversy the media tries to bring up?

OH GOD NOT THAT!!!

the jets have no issues big enough to take up 13 hours of ESPN daily time but for some reason tebow is this big story they try and deep throat us with. Tebow isnt starting this season as a QB you absolute pussy moron.[/quote]Being called an"absolute pussy moron" might be a little excessive.

So you are tellin me that after the JEST lose to SF at home after all the fans are screaming TEBOW TEBOW, ESPN is gonna hop all over it, Bart Scott is gonna be %100 behind Sanchize and his mediocre numbers, Revis is gonna be ok with being 2-2 (while the Pats have an honest shot at 4-0 at that point), Rex wont say something stupid to poop on Mark's confidence (or lack of confidence after NY chasing Peyton and the bringing in Teblow) and the rest of the super egos in that locker room arent going to be bitchin and "leaking" info and hate on twitter/ESPN? LOL.

If rex was so secure with Sanchize being "the man", why they pursue Manning? Then after losing him, they get Tebow??? Thats not confidence. Thats knowing your QB just isnt what you expected and bringing in another QB of "starter" quality (and I think hes just not an NFL qb, great athlete but not an NFL QB) is blatantly obvious to the rest of the NFL. Cmon now, we all know Sanchez just isnt as good as the JEST fans/organization hoped he would be and the organization is making moves (gettin Tebow for one) to make sure they have other options.

Strange that you dont see New Orleans or GB or the Pats going after Tebow and his "non-starter" status. After all, wouldnt every team benefit from the wildcat? Or is this all just bullshit because, like the rest of the NFL already knows, Sanchize just isnt good enough and the fanboys just cant take it.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 16th 2012, 9:03 pm

from what i read, the owner woody johnson wanted to get manning at the GM tannebuam and Rex didnt want to go after him.

REAL jets fan have marks back because we see how he plays game in and game out. It isnt like his OC and HC really built a situation for him to throw for 4000 yards and 30 tds. Not like he has has the best receivers either.

not making excuses but its an explanation. People see mark with 3400 yards and they think he sucks. the reason why his yards are low is because shotty calls so many short routes and bad 3rd plays. with spurano, yards and tds will go up.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 17th 2012, 7:21 pm

EPICxMUSICIAN69 wrote:from what i read, the owner woody johnson wanted to get manning at the GM tannebuam and Rex didnt want to go after him.

REAL jets fan have marks back because we see how he plays game in and game out. It isnt like his OC and HC really built a situation for him to throw for 4000 yards and 30 tds. Not like he has has the best receivers either.

not making excuses but its an explanation. People see mark with 3400 yards and they think he sucks. the reason why his yards are low is because shotty calls so many short routes and bad 3rd plays. with spurano, yards and tds will go up.

agreed..Sanchez to the Pro bowl this year !!! bounce
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 19th 2012, 3:08 pm

This offense is destroying the pre season.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 19th 2012, 5:18 pm

Stephen wrote:This offense is destroying the pre season.

wayne hunter has given up all 5 sacks on sanchez and 2 on tebow. so shut your god damn mouth you dirty tampon
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 19th 2012, 5:23 pm

EPICxMUSICIAN69 wrote:
wayne hunter has given up all 5 sacks on sanchez and 2 on tebow. so shut your god damn mouth you dirty tampon
Da heck.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 19th 2012, 5:30 pm

I'd be scared to face em!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 19th 2012, 5:45 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Shit we play em next week and i'm terrified.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 19th 2012, 7:12 pm

Stephen wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Shit we play em next week and i'm terrified.
You should be Tebows getting pissed! You don't want to see Tebow pissed! He might actually complete a pass!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/19/tim-tebow-admits-frustration-giants-say-they-could-see-it/

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next