Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Packers @ SeaCocks

+5
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
RSoxGuy
HurpDurpHurray
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Packers @ SeaCocks Empty Packers @ SeaCocks

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 24th 2012, 10:06 pm

DAM!!! its LOUD AS FUCK up there in Seattle, the NFL might want to check that audio system they got for filtered crowd noise Surprised
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Packers @ SeaCocks Empty Re: Packers @ SeaCocks

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 25th 2012, 12:49 am

Well refs finally blew a game. How is that not an interception? How was there not offensive pass interference? This is awful. Wow, horrible way to end the game
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy September 25th 2012, 12:54 am

gb just got jobbed
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 25th 2012, 6:36 am

same type of play happened last year when Cromartie intercepted a Patriots pass, they awarded the ball to the WR since all ties go to the Offense
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 25th 2012, 7:12 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:same type of play happened last year when Cromartie intercepted a Patriots pass, they awarded the ball to the WR since all ties go to the Offense

the tie happens when both plays have equal control of the ball at the same time. What happened here was GB had an interception basically and golden tate reached in.

Never would have happened if...

YOU SMACK THE BALL AWAY INSTEAD OF GO FOR THE INT
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 25th 2012, 9:19 am

Greatest tweet: http://twitter.yfrog.com/oevljedtj

"BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. http://yfrog.com/oevljedtj ” Lolol "
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 25th 2012, 9:59 am

What the fuck happened? I turned it off after Goldan Tate dropped the TD with like 1:50 left.

Then I turn on the TV today and see this shit. Replacement Refs are fucked.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 25th 2012, 11:55 am

MaddMatter wrote:What the fuck happened? I turned it off after Goldan Tate dropped the TD with like 1:50 left.

there were a few calls that were fucked during the game, the last play was a hail mary TD that was Intercepted initially then golden tait reached in and they called it TD because the tie goes to the offense but only if both guys get control of the ball at the same time. the packer DB williams had control WAY before tait did
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 25th 2012, 3:30 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:What the fuck happened? I turned it off after Goldan Tate dropped the TD with like 1:50 left.

there were a few calls that were fucked during the game, the last play was a hail mary TD that was Intercepted initially then golden tait reached in and they called it TD because the tie goes to the offense but only if both guys get control of the ball at the same time. the packer DB williams had control WAY before tait did

I love how Tate wise he had control throughout the catch. Bullshit son, we saw your hand come off the ball
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy September 25th 2012, 5:13 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:

YOU SMACK THE BALL AWAY INSTEAD OF GO FOR THE INT

I learned when i was 12 yrs old playin pop warner. KNOCK THE BALL TO THE GROUND! Going for the pick cost him and his team the game.

Not to mention the Refs blew the call.

Wat does the league have to say?

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066164/article/nfl-supports-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown?module=HP11_headline_stack

SO first they say it should have been Offensive PI (which would then negate the play all together regardless of result unless it was ruled a INT).

This bullshit about "simultaneous catch" is bullshit (After all, bullshit is bullshit) as its perfectly clear that Jennings has both hands and his body against the ball (3 points of contact) and maintains control throughout while Tate had one hand on the ball at times. At no time did Tate have possession or was possession even a question with all the angles we saw. How is this shit happening and why hasn't the NFL stepped in and fixed it? Which brings us too the debate of....

Should the NFL step in and award the W to GB? I really don't like the idea because its screams conspiracy theory. But in a case so blatant and obvious as this? Yes. Change it. What would the repercussions be? Think about Vegas (GB would have covered the +3 spread if that bullshit was called correctly) , all those people who bet on SEA last night won big, cashed out and ran. How would that work with the league changing the score? I wouldn't want to be a bookie or debtor after a game's score is changed against my pick after I got my winnings and ran.

This has to be the worst travesty Ive ever seen on and NFL field. Sure we've all seen bullshit and ticky tack penalties (even some ghost penalties that never happened but were called) but this is just so far beyond a mistake. Its reviewed for a reason. So shit like this doesn't happen.

Or, the refs didnt want to die in Seattle so they called it for the home team to avoid a Lynching (Ohh beast mode reference!) in the parking lot.

Either way, its bullshit and needs to be addressed.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden September 25th 2012, 5:15 pm

The three plays before it were fucked up by the refs too.. watching that last night was crazy
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 25th 2012, 5:45 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:

Thank you for explaining the only play ESPN, NFL Network and every other sports station has shown all day. I would have never seen/heard about it if you didn't tell me.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 25th 2012, 5:47 pm

Thadden wrote:The three plays before it were fucked up by the refs too.. watching that last night was crazy

I guess it all works out in the end though. People keep talking about that play, but what about the "defensive pass interference" on the Packers TD drive? That's the call that started all this bullshit. Without that call the Packers kick the FG, without having to go for it on 4th down, the Seahawks kick a lead extending FG with 2:00 minutes left. Bam then the Packers have the ball and have to score a TD.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 25th 2012, 5:52 pm

Every player now is blasting the refs, lol. This is only the beginning... Twisted Evil
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 25th 2012, 6:49 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:

This has to be the worst travesty Ive ever seen on and NFL field. .

HOLD YOUR HORSES THERE PAL!!

DONT LEAVE YET!!! WE ARE NOT DONE!!!

Packers @ SeaCocks Spygate

HAVE A NICE DAY Smile
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 25th 2012, 8:33 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:The three plays before it were fucked up by the refs too.. watching that last night was crazy

I guess it all works out in the end though. People keep talking about that play, but what about the "defensive pass interference" on the Packers TD drive? That's the call that started all this bullshit. Without that call the Packers kick the FG, without having to go for it on 4th down, the Seahawks kick a lead extending FG with 2:00 minutes left. Bam then the Packers have the ball and have to score a TD.

Basically Shields was covering Rice and he was looking at the ball and got called for nothing. He was looking at the ball and was right up in Rice's chest. In fact, Shields got interfered by Rice because Rice ripped his facemask, turning his head.

Oh and there was also a bogus roughing the passer play where Wilson was out of the pocket and right after releasing the ball, the Packer guy tackled him around the thigh area
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 25th 2012, 10:36 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Basically Shields was covering Rice and he was looking at the ball and got called for nothing. He was looking at the ball and was right up in Rice's chest. In fact, Shields got interfered by Rice because Rice ripped his facemask, turning his head.

Oh and there was also a bogus roughing the passer play where Wilson was out of the pocket and right after releasing the ball, the Packer guy tackled him around the thigh area

After week 1 were the replacement refs did decent, they have been absolutely horrible.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 26th 2012, 12:48 am

I also love how some of these replacements were fired from the lingerie football league for incompetence LOL
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy September 26th 2012, 1:50 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
HAVE A NICE DAY Smile

I was one of the only people I know around here who said that was a bullshit call.

But maybe it was karma...

The Hot List: Biggest villains in Patriots history

4. Ben Dreith: Like one other name on our list you’ll see later, you’re going to have to go back a bit to recall this one. Dreith was the referee who called roughing the passer in a 1976 playoff game against the Raiders -- by all accounts, one of the most boneheaded calls in league history -- that allowed Oakland to keep a late drive alive. The Raiders capitalized, eventually scoring the go-ahead touchdown and knocking a very talented New England team from the postseason. (The Patriots of the 1970s never got so close to the Super Bowl again.) In 2001, many viewed the Tuck Rule as karmic payback for what happened to New England in that game, and in a 2002 interview with Dennis & Callahan, Dreith fondly reminisced about his time with Oakland owner Al Davis.
link
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 26th 2012, 6:14 am

I guess the bad call was karmic payback from SB XL and the botched calls then too.

anyways like some one said it really boils down to that retarded Defensive PI call on Kam Chancellor that helped extend that Pack drive.

And the Packers should have been called for holding as well. I HIGHLY doubt an offensive line can go from giving up 8 sacks to what was a shit pass rush outside of Clemons last year to giving up no sacks or QB hits and no holding calls. I'm sorry but no offensive line is that fucking good. Not even the Packers.

I found it funny TJ Lang was ripping on the Seahawks organization on twitter just to get a response on twitter from Richard Sherman saying "y'all should worry more about the 8 sacks you gave up rather than the refs."
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 26th 2012, 7:26 am

tubbs51 wrote:I guess the bad call was karmic payback from SB XL and the botched calls then too.

Packers @ SeaCocks Untitle
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Champ Bailey September 26th 2012, 1:43 pm

Lockout is over. All it took was the blown call, so lets take a moment and thank the replacement refs from that game.
Champ Bailey
Champ Bailey

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 26th 2012, 5:35 pm

Champ Bailey wrote:Lockout is over. All it took was the blown call, so lets take a moment and thank the replacement refs from that game.

Where did you hear this? I cant find anything on NFL.com....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 26th 2012, 6:14 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Champ Bailey wrote:Lockout is over. All it took was the blown call, so lets take a moment and thank the replacement refs from that game.

Where did you hear this? I cant find anything on NFL.com....

They were saying they reached a deal but then it came out that there just close to reaching an agreement
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Champ Bailey September 26th 2012, 11:36 pm

PFT lied to me.
Champ Bailey
Champ Bailey

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down