Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

My first coaching job

+3
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
7 posters

Go down

My first coaching job Empty My first coaching job

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 19th 2012, 11:25 pm

So since I stopped playing college ball I wanted to stay involved with football so I have an interview tomorrow afternoon to talk with the HC of Pleasantville High (mostly black school). In NJ you have to have 60 college credits to coach (because you are able to substitute teach in HS) so I'll have 60+ by the end of the semester so I'll be able to coach next season.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

My first coaching job Empty Re: My first coaching job

Post  MaddMatter October 19th 2012, 11:57 pm

Until they find out you suck dick and everyone hates you. Then you'll get fired and have a "former coaching job"

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 20th 2012, 12:14 am

MaddMatter wrote:Until they find out you suck dick and everyone hates you. Then you'll get fired and have a "former coaching job"

No, the team is currently 0-5, and as soon as I said I played FB for holy spirit (power house) and play some college they immediately raised their eye brows. my former coaches are helping those guys out because pville is so run down.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 12:08 am

I know i told matt and unit but i am in the process of getting hired at the DC for next season. I have to talk to the AD and the principle about the background check thing and because ill be hired as a Substitute teacher
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 21st 2012, 12:18 am

congrats , but NO Sandusky shit...K? cheers
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S October 21st 2012, 12:39 am

ha
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 21st 2012, 2:27 pm

How the fuck do you go from no coaching experience to DC of an all black high school team. They're gonna shank you
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 4:29 pm

Thadden wrote:How the fuck do you go from no coaching experience to DC of an all black high school team. They're gonna shank you

Ill take you through what happened.

Friday: Went to the game they played against Bridgeton. During the game I went around the stands and talked to parents and students about the team and basically heard the same thing from all of them. Offense wasnt the issue, it was defense/special teams (basically all I played).

After the game, went up to the coaches and asked for an interview and chit chatted a bit told him my story, who I played for, what position I played. Said talk to him the next day after they were done watching film and lifting.

Saturday: Went to the high school about 12:30 and the basketball team was practicing and I was talking with their coaches about the school, talked a bit with the principle, saw some of the football players and got to know them a bit. Afterwards I talked with Coach Dudley.

Dudley was a former QB so he is an offensive guy, his assistant coaches dont have much defensive experience.

I basically dumped all my knowledge from HS under a former D-1 coach Roman and my college knowledge under a former NFL and CFL coach in Creech. Dudley was impressed and gave me the definite job of being the ST coordinator (they needed that help immediately) and I'll call the defense next year.

basically I just showed him I knew everything about stopping the run, coverages, blitzes, and formations and how to defend them.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 21st 2012, 5:02 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
Thadden wrote:How the fuck do you go from no coaching experience to DC of an all black high school team. They're gonna shank you

Ill take you through what happened.

Friday: Went to the game they played against Bridgeton. During the game I went around the stands and talked to parents and students about the team and basically heard the same thing from all of them. Offense wasnt the issue, it was defense/special teams (basically all I played).

After the game, went up to the coaches and asked for an interview and chit chatted a bit told him my story, who I played for, what position I played. Said talk to him the next day after they were done watching film and lifting.

Saturday: Went to the high school about 12:30 and the basketball team was practicing and I was talking with their coaches about the school, talked a bit with the principle, saw some of the football players and got to know them a bit. Afterwards I talked with Coach Dudley.

Dudley was a former QB so he is an offensive guy, his assistant coaches dont have much defensive experience.

I basically dumped all my knowledge from HS under a former D-1 coach Roman and my college knowledge under a former NFL and CFL coach in Creech. Dudley was impressed and gave me the definite job of being the ST coordinator (they needed that help immediately) and I'll call the defense next year.

basically I just showed him I knew everything about stopping the run, coverages, blitzes, and formations and how to defend them.
not bad. not bad.

Just dont get shanked
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 5:16 pm

talking to the principle, what the issues are kids have poor discipline and lack desire to do the school work. I suggested doing mandatory extra curricular activities for kids who are trouble makers. make the kids come play football to help them build some character while also adding to numbers on the team.

What I plan on doing is one the year is over, I want to sit down and talk with every returning player and ask a few questions.

"why do you play football?"
"do you plan on going to college?"
"what goals do you have for yourself?"
"what goals/expectations do you have of your teachers/coaches?"

get a feel for what they want to do and what they want authority figures around them to do.

Year round mandatory study hall for an hour before practice along with I will be going to all the teachers and seeing how well or how poor the players are doing and get on them academics. You are disciplined off the field helps with on field discipline, it doesnt work the other way around.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 21st 2012, 5:54 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:talking to the principle, what the issues are kids have poor discipline and lack desire to do the school work. I suggested doing mandatory extra curricular activities for kids who are trouble makers. make the kids come play football to help them build some character while also adding to numbers on the team.

What I plan on doing is one the year is over, I want to sit down and talk with every returning player and ask a few questions.

get a feel for what they want to do and what they want authority figures around them to do.

Year round mandatory study hall for an hour before practice along with I will be going to all the teachers and seeing how well or how poor the players are doing and get on them academics. You are disciplined off the field helps with on field discipline, it doesnt work the other way around.

make sure you have a metal detecter before the interviews...

wear a Rex Ryan disguise....

have a boom box in the room playing Biggie Smalls in the background...
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 6:15 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:talking to the principle, what the issues are kids have poor discipline and lack desire to do the school work. I suggested doing mandatory extra curricular activities for kids who are trouble makers. make the kids come play football to help them build some character while also adding to numbers on the team.

make sure you have a metal detecter before the interviews...

wear a Rex Ryan disguise....

have a boom box in the room playing Biggie Smalls in the background...

I am going to do my thing. Ill be tough on them but I wont be a dick. You have to be accountable when you fuck up and rewarded when you do well. They are having trouble with kids failing and kids not showing up to practice. its easy, you get on the kids to have academics 1st so you can have a bigger amount of kids and the kids who dont practice, dont start. They'll play....but not start, give them a bone every now and then by them subbing in a play or two but not starting until they make every practice unless specified for academic reasons
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 21st 2012, 7:23 pm

Epic I just cant see you sitting down with troubled youth and having a serious conversation. I have a feeling they'd be a complete dick to you and you'd just fucking go off on them. Im just saying, seems like might be easier said then done
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 7:52 pm

Thadden wrote:Epic I just cant see you sitting down with troubled youth and having a serious conversation. I have a feeling they'd be a complete dick to you and you'd just fucking go off on them. Im just saying, seems like might be easier said then done

no, im actually an insanely mellow person along with being very personable. I was talking to some of the kids and you learn little things by asking satellite questions.

Also, i grew up poor and pissed off. I got a lot of help when I went to catholic high school and they sort of straightened me out behavior wise.

I'll tell the kids straight up "listen, this high school is a punchline to people. you want to change that? I and others on the staff will help you out but you need to do your fair share of the work load. I'll do what it takes to help you graduate and get to college but you have to do the same too"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 21st 2012, 7:57 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
Thadden wrote:Epic I just cant see you sitting down with troubled youth and having a serious conversation. I have a feeling they'd be a complete dick to you and you'd just fucking go off on them. Im just saying, seems like might be easier said then done

no, im actually an insanely mellow person along with being very personable. I was talking to some of the kids and you learn little things by asking satellite questions.

Also, i grew up poor and pissed off. I got a lot of help when I went to catholic high school and they sort of straightened me out behavior wise.

I'll tell the kids straight up "listen, this high school is a punchline to people. you want to change that? I and others on the staff will help you out but you need to do your fair share of the work load. I'll do what it takes to help you graduate and get to college but you have to do the same too"
Well good luck. You seem very fit to do the job
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 21st 2012, 8:34 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:

Oh I've seen this played out before lmfao.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 21st 2012, 9:06 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:

the kids who didnt play said that if the team were better they would play. so basically. my job is to do my best with what i got and if we are competitive and sneek a few wins from big school programs, more kids come out.

its a 75 to 85% black school with the remaining % being hispanic. there is 1 white kid on the football team and he is fucking good. tommy beeker, they have him play a few positions and he gets work done man
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 21st 2012, 10:03 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:

the kids who didnt play said that if the team were better they would play. so basically. my job is to do my best with what i got and if we are competitive and sneek a few wins from big school programs, more kids come out.

its a 75 to 85% black school with the remaining % being hispanic. there is 1 white kid on the football team and he is fucking good. tommy beeker, they have him play a few positions and he gets work done man

WHITE KIDS CANNOT PLAY FOOTBALL! Now I know your full of shit.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 21st 2012, 10:46 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Wayne Chrebet,Wes Welker and Brian Urlacher beg to differ ...also not to mention Danny Amendola
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 21st 2012, 10:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Wayne Chrebet,Wes Welker and Brian Urlacher beg to differ ...also not to mention Danny Amendola
Yep. Those are the only 4 white football players in the NFL.... minus Wayne Chrebet (retired)
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray October 21st 2012, 11:16 pm

Thadden wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Yep. Those are the only 4 white football players in the NFL.... minus Wayne Chrebet (retired)

Every good QB
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 21st 2012, 11:32 pm

Thadden wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

i think we may have forgotten jordy Nelson too Shocked ...oh and how about JJ WATTS? bounce bounce bounce
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 October 22nd 2012, 6:03 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Every good QB

yeah we know the majority white people in football have skirts on or are massive o-liners.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum