Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Alright Epic...tell me about Teo

5 posters

Go down

Alright Epic...tell me about Teo Empty Alright Epic...tell me about Teo

Post  MaddMatter December 16th 2012, 1:52 am

It's no surprise the Lions will probably have a top 10 to a top 8 pick in the draft. This could have Teo drop to the Lions.

I hate Notre Dame with a fucking passion and I refuse to watch any of their games unless it's against Michigan.

The Lions already have a long term plan at MLB with Stephen Tulloch signing a 5 year deal last off season.

So tell me Epic. Can Teo play outside or is he strictly an inside backer? I know he's a great player, great teammate, great leader, yada yada yada, his speed probably isn't the best against faster TE's but if he played in Detroits system his D-line could help out with that. I just want to know if he can play outside.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Alright Epic...tell me about Teo Empty Re: Alright Epic...tell me about Teo

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 16th 2012, 2:18 am

Most people compare him to Ray Lewis.
I compare him to Brian Urlacher.

He is fast, he lost weight for this season and it shows. He is still big but a lot faster. I can imagine with improved training and stuff he can get a tad faster. More of a down hill guy like Urlacher. When he fills on run plays or blitzes he is at his best. He is strong too. Guy lays the lumber when he makes tackles and sacks.

In pass coverage he is ok. obviously, 7 interceptions this year. I'd prefer him in hook zone situations instead of man on man. If he can sit back in a zone and read underneath routes, thats what he is good with.

As for position. He is a MLB. He needs to be "the guy" a 4 down player because of his heart and smarts. Tulluch could be a Sam in a 4-3 because it is mostly run fills like the Mike. You guys draft Teo, all you will need is a speedy Will backer for coverage.

I love him. top 10 worthy? eh, I dont know. there are players better suited to be picked in the top 10 but he is a for sure 1st rounder. He will most likely go between 6 to 10 because of his intangibles.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 16th 2012, 3:40 am

if the Lions draft Teo, i would be asking if Tullooch can play OLB...Teo is a BEAST in the the Middle..Tulloch would be either backup or moved outside
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 16th 2012, 4:15 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:if the Lions draft Teo, i would be asking if Tullooch can play OLB...Teo is a BEAST in the the Middle..Tulloch would be either backup or moved outside

most 4-3 teams basically have two inside guys because the strong side backer is a run fit type of guy like the MLB.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 16th 2012, 4:18 pm

Justin Rogers, the guy who covers the Lions for Mlive. Says they would move Teo outside.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 16th 2012, 4:21 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Justin Rogers, the guy who covers the Lions for Mlive. Says they would move Teo outside.

It wouldnt be a smart move. Teo is a flow and go type guy not a complimentary guy.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 16th 2012, 8:14 pm

EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:if the Lions draft Teo, i would be asking if Tullooch can play OLB...Teo is a BEAST in the the Middle..Tulloch would be either backup or moved outside

most 4-3 teams basically have two inside guys because the strong side backer is a run fit type of guy like the MLB.
No. Thats not how it works at all lol. The Panthers tried this several times and the positions are not the same at all. We tried Beason on the outside a few years back and he was no where near as good as he was in the middle, and this year we played Luke on the outside, he was aight, then he moved to the middle after Beason went down and became a absolute stud.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 16th 2012, 8:24 pm

Stephen wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:

No. Thats not how it works at all lol. The Panthers tried this several times and the positions are not the same at all. We tried Beason on the outside a few years back and he was no where near as good as he was in the middle, and this year we played Luke on the outside, he was aight, then he moved to the middle after Beason went down and became a absolute stud.

notice how i said most you dumb beaver. the Panthers arent a strong side weak side line backer set.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Alright Epic...tell me about Teo Empty Alabama

Post  Guest December 24th 2012, 1:26 pm

Man, I want Alabama to win.... period...

im new here

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 24th 2012, 2:57 pm

SportsFan wrote:Man, I want Alabama to win.... period...

im new here

What up man, nice to see an new guy around here.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 December 24th 2012, 3:42 pm

Now that the Steelers are probably drafting in the first half (I'm rooting for the Browns this week because fuck it I want a better draft pick), I want us to go all in on Te'o. I'd pull a Ditka and trade our entire draft to get him if I had to. TE'O OR BUST MOTHERFUCKERS
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down