Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

49ers @ Seahawks

+2
HurpDurpHurray
tubbs51
6 posters

Go down

49ers @ Seahawks Empty 49ers @ Seahawks

Post  tubbs51 December 23rd 2012, 11:46 pm

Well, this game is going swimingly. SEA leads SF by 29 near the end of the 3rd Quarter.

I think there's a chance Seahawks decide to assert their power in this game and hang a cool 50 on SF setting the record for most consecutive 50+ scoring games.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

49ers @ Seahawks Empty Re: 49ers @ Seahawks

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 24th 2012, 12:14 am

tubbs51 wrote:I think there's a chance Pete Carroll decides to run up the score in this game and hang a cool 50 on SF setting the record for most consecutive 50+ scoring games.

Fixed
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark December 24th 2012, 1:14 am

if San Francisco didn't like it they should've stopped it

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 December 24th 2012, 1:47 am

Well, the Steelers suck, the Pirate suck, the Pens aren't playing, and even the Hokies suck. But...at least I have my former HOOOOOOOKKKKIIIIEEEESSSS laying the wood!! KAM MAKIN THAT DUDE HIS BIOTCH LAY THE MOTHAFUCKIN WOOD KAM!!!!

49ers @ Seahawks 84124548
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 December 24th 2012, 2:16 am

I cant believe that hit got a flag. Penalizing good shots like that is what leads to defenders aiming at the legs and similar issues happening to Manningham.

Also can we now put Wilson as OROY. one TD away from tying Manning's Rookie TD record with 15 less interceptions.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 December 24th 2012, 6:19 am

Again I ask the question. We go to that damn building every year and struggle with the sound along with everyone else. Why didn't we model our stadium after that? The new stadium looks stupid with majority of the fans sitting on one side.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 December 24th 2012, 7:33 am

Because teams are still delusional thinking Seattle pipes in sound.

All in all I was not expecting that outcome. I hope RW beats PM's rookie TD record. Maybe that'll get the media to give RW the OROY

LMAO Richard Sherman wishes Jim Harbaugh a happy birthday Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tyDCGqt4I
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 24th 2012, 9:21 am

tubbs51 wrote:I cant believe that hit got a flag. Penalizing good shots like that is what leads to defenders aiming at the legs and similar issues happening to Manningham.

Also can we now put Wilson as OROY. one TD away from tying Manning's Rookie TD record with 15 less interceptions.

Only if RG3 didn't exist
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

49ers @ Seahawks Empty What

Post  Guest December 24th 2012, 1:36 pm

Man, get off RGIII

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 24th 2012, 2:56 pm

Lol Wilson for Roy? CMON MAN!

I've seen him play....live. He's just like Alex Smith.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 December 24th 2012, 3:36 pm

IDK, I mean, I'd vote for Wilson for ROY...I have to watch RG3 every week and while he's better than I expected him to be as a rookie, I still think he's one overrated sumbitch...I'd put either Luck or Wilson first and RG3 third.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 24th 2012, 8:16 pm

PhantomReturns93 wrote:IDK, I mean, I'd vote for Wilson for ROY...I have to watch RG3 every week and while he's better than I expected him to be as a rookie, I still think he's one overrated sumbitch...I'd put either Luck or Wilson first and RG3 third.

I'm quite sure OROY is for the rookie that has performed the best, not the one who surprised the most. I mean, if that was the case, Vontaze Burfict is running away with the DROY...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 December 24th 2012, 9:00 pm

My question to you Hurp, If RW breaks Peyton Manning's Rookie TD record would that put him in the discussion for OROY for you?

Considering this Seahawks offense was very mediocre last year now they're clicking on every possible cylinder imaginable.

Personally in my (albeit homeristic) opinion its coin toss between RG3 and RW. Luck isnt playing bad but his TD to INT ratio is atrocious compared to RW's and RG3's. I mean Wilson has thrown 16 TDs and 2 INTs in home games alone and he helped put up 50 bombs on Arizona and the Bills and damn near 50 on the Niners.

With DROY its just as interesting. i think it'll come down to Kuechly (sp?) and Bobby Wagner. Both stepped in and played phenominally as Rookie LBers. I'm not sure if Kuechly is an OLB or if he's playing ILB in the pros but Wagner was given the reigns of that Seahawk defense right out of training camp.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark December 24th 2012, 9:25 pm

Luck should not even be in the discussion, lol.

the amount of praise he receives really pisses me off, he's been an average player AT BEST this year, not to mention the fact his defense has bailed him out on nearly all of his interceptions.

I'd be ok if either Wilson or RG3 won the award; though I'm not sure how one could possibly think RG3 is overrated, this year...if anything, ESPN underrates him by putting Luck ahead of him.

I just don't see how you could argue against: a 20-5 td-int ratio, top 5 in completion percentage, 2nd in passer rating(higher than manning, brady, brees, etc), and most rushing yards by a QB.

what does Luck have? a lower completion % than Mark Sanchez and a lower passer rating than Blaine Gabbert. and don't give me the "he wins games shit", his defense has helped him tremendously when he makes mistakes, he only has the chance to 'lead' so many game winning drives because he puts the team in a hole to begin with.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 24th 2012, 9:43 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:Luck should not even be in the discussion, lol.

the amount of praise he receives really pisses me off, he's been an average player AT BEST this year, not to mention the fact his defense has bailed him out on nearly all of his interceptions.

I'd be ok if either Wilson or RG3 won the award; though I'm not sure how one could possibly think RG3 is overrated, this year...if anything, ESPN underrates him by putting Luck ahead of him.

I just don't see how you could argue against: a 20-5 td-int ratio, top 5 in completion percentage, 2nd in passer rating(higher than manning, brady, brees, etc), and most rushing yards by a QB.

what does Luck have? a lower completion % than Mark Sanchez and a lower passer rating than Blaine Gabbert. and don't give me the "he wins games shit", his defense has helped him tremendously when he makes mistakes, he only has the chance to 'lead' so many game winning drives because he puts the team in a hole to begin with.

This.

I never said Wilson wasn't in the discussion, I just thought it's stupid to put him ahead of RG3. He's leading the Redskins into the playoffs with the 28th ranked defense... Wilson has the 4th best defense. I don't care if Wilson has had more TD's and can beat Peyton's TD record, when your scoring TD's in the 4th quarter when you're ahead by 30, those TD's really don't matter.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 December 25th 2012, 1:29 am

My thought process:

RG3 is solely the product of his system. He has the fantasy stats that make everyone go gaga over him, but if you watch him play, while he's exciting for sure, he's nowhere near as good as his numbers indicate. His high completion percentage is a result of a gameplan based around high percentage screens and dumpoffs, he misses a lot of throws he should make, and his rushing numbers benefit tremendously from the emergence of Alfred Morris. He hasn't improved his team anywhere near as much as the other candidates have, he plays in the weakest division of the three and doesn't really have, IMO, any really impressive wins (I don't consider the Ravens and Giants in their downward spirals to be impressive). The fact that Cousins came in and did so well immediately, and that even Rex Grossman had successful games last year in this offense, doesn't help his case.

Luck's TD/INT numbers aren't the prettiest, but his story is definitely the best. Chuck Panago cancer story aside, he took basically the same team that was 2-14 a year ago to the playoffs. He's made the biggest difference to his team of any of the rookies and that's probably the biggest reason he's a candidate. If Peyton Manning had an argument for MVP last year because of how bad the Colts did without him, why is Luck not receiving the same argument for making them a force again? Luck also has zero running game to help him, while Wilson and RG3 have top 5 ground attacks leading the way.

Wilson is a combination of the best of the two. He has more efficient and better numbers than Luck, albeit not as good as the ones RG3 has posted. He took an offense that was a one man show of Marshawn Lynch the past several years and brought a whole new passing dynamic to it, making the likes of Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Doug Baldwin relevant again. He's the only rookie who wasn't handed the job on a silver platter, and in fact had work to unseat Flynn who the team had just made a major financial commitment to; this may be the most impressive feat of the three. He has been critical in statement wins over San Francisco, New England, Dallas, Chicago, and (to some extent) Green Bay, all playoff if not Super Bowl contenders. He's the only rookie who has absolutely DOMINATED his competition down the stretch when it's mattered most. I don't know what else to say.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark December 25th 2012, 2:10 am

PhantomReturns93 wrote:My thought process:

RG3 is solely the product of his system. He has the fantasy stats that make everyone go gaga over him, but if you watch him play, while he's exciting for sure, he's nowhere near as good as his numbers indicate. His high completion percentage is a result of a gameplan based around high percentage screens and dumpoffs, he misses a lot of throws he should make, and his rushing numbers benefit tremendously from the emergence of Alfred Morris. He hasn't improved his team anywhere near as much as the other candidates have, he plays in the weakest division of the three and doesn't really have, IMO, any really impressive wins (I don't consider the Ravens and Giants in their downward spirals to be impressive). The fact that Cousins came in and did so well immediately, and that even Rex Grossman had successful games last year in this offense, doesn't help his case.

I've watched every single Redskins down this season, and:

sure there are a bunch of screens, but there are also a ton of down field throws, he RARELY misses a throw. sure there have been a couple; but who doesn't have a few bad throws here and there? he is incredibly accurate.

and, are you sure that alfred morris hasn't been the one benefiting from rg3's presence? I won't deny that morris has been incredible this season, but you can't just say that RG3's rushing numbers are boosted by Morris without saying that RG3's tools haven't aided Morris tremendously as well. I firmly believe a ton of Morris' yardage this year is a result of what RG3 brings to the table. RG3 is a large part of Washington's "top five rushing attack"

I'll also concede the fact that the NFC East isn't nearly as strong as it usually is...but one could argue it's the strongest of the three in terms of competitiveness, Luck and Wilson belong to divisions containing two good teams; whereas RG3 belongs to a division in which three teams have an opportunity to make the playoffs in week 17

can't knock a player for his schedule, not sure how you believe it's logical to say Wilson may be better simply because he has defeated opponents that RG3 did not have an opportunity to play against. but it's also important to remember the Redskins were beating the Falcons until RG3 was concussed(late 3rd)

the offense is completely different this year, and they even changed the offensive system when Kirk Cousins started this year, so Cousins did not flourish in the same system..it was designed to cater to his skill set.

---------------

you failed to even mention Seattle's #1 scoring defense, and apparently Washington's win over Dallas is unimpressive whereas Seattle's win over Dallas is a win over a "super bowl contender"...RG3 contributed to 38 points whereas Wilson only contributed to 27

I find it humorous that you seem to believe RG3 isn't as good as statistics indicate and Luck isn't nearly as bad as his statistics indicate. I know, as a Redskins fan, there is undoubtedly some bias clouding my words, but simply by looking at the numbers, the defenses, and the throws each player makes, it is insane to conclude that Luck is the rookie of the year; when in reality he is the third best rookie qb of 2012.

I was watching ESPN last night and an analyst called one of Luck's eight yard throws to a wide open receiver a "filthy good pass," ESPN is obsessed with him, do not listen to it when deciding.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2012, 9:11 am

PhantomReturns93 wrote:RG3 is solely the product of his system. He has the fantasy stats that make everyone go gaga over him, but if you watch him play, while he's exciting for sure, he's nowhere near as good as his numbers indicate. His high completion percentage is a result of a gameplan based around high percentage screens and dumpoffs, he misses a lot of throws he should make, and his rushing numbers benefit tremendously from the emergence of Alfred Morris. He hasn't improved his team anywhere near as much as the other candidates have, he plays in the weakest division of the three and doesn't really have, IMO, any really impressive wins (I don't consider the Ravens and Giants in their downward spirals to be impressive). The fact that Cousins came in and did so well immediately, and that even Rex Grossman had successful games last year in this offense, doesn't help his case.

Luck's TD/INT numbers aren't the prettiest, but his story is definitely the best. Chuck Panago cancer story aside, he took basically the same team that was 2-14 a year ago to the playoffs. He's made the biggest difference to his team of any of the rookies and that's probably the biggest reason he's a candidate. If Peyton Manning had an argument for MVP last year because of how bad the Colts did without him, why is Luck not receiving the same argument for making them a force again? Luck also has zero running game to help him, while Wilson and RG3 have top 5 ground attacks leading the way.

Wilson is a combination of the best of the two. He has more efficient and better numbers than Luck, albeit not as good as the ones RG3 has posted. He took an offense that was a one man show of Marshawn Lynch the past several years and brought a whole new passing dynamic to it, making the likes of Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Doug Baldwin relevant again. He's the only rookie who wasn't handed the job on a silver platter, and in fact had work to unseat Flynn who the team had just made a major financial commitment to; this may be the most impressive feat of the three. He has been critical in statement wins over San Francisco, New England, Dallas, Chicago, and (to some extent) Green Bay, all playoff if not Super Bowl contenders. He's the only rookie who has absolutely DOMINATED his competition down the stretch when it's mattered most. I don't know what else to say.

So when it's RG3, he's benefiting from having a run game. When it's Wilson, he's turning a terrific run game into a terrific offense? Seems legit. Also, NFC East weaker than AFC South? LMAO Colts play the Titans and Jags twice a year.

Sure Kirk Cousins did well, but it was against the Browns. THE BROWNS! It wasn't against the Texans or another solid pass defense team.

And then you go all biased again and say that Wilson made Rice, Tate and Baldwin relevant again. Please. Rice is their top receiver with 50 catches. And I hardly think Baldwin was ever relevant. The guy has 27 catches this year in 13 games. But if that's relevant, then Andrew Hawkins must be a household name...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum