Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden 12 Updates

+17
EPICxPENGUIN69
MyDirtyDangles
poshmidget
TRU11
KWicK78
Jetsown08
PhantomReturns93
tubbs51
at23steelers
barneyb
Thadden
MaddMatter
George_the_Kat
SteelersJMB
Soarindude02
HurpDurpHurray
BaltRavensFan20
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madden 12 Updates Empty Madden 12 Updates

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 13th 2011, 4:45 pm

So I saw two articles on IGN about boht Superstar mode and Franchise mode. These are just a few details of more to come on IGN

Franchise Mode -

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168180p1.html

Superstar Mode -

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1167748p1.html
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Madden 12 Updates Empty Re: Madden 12 Updates

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 13th 2011, 5:45 pm

So franchise mode will have roles like they've had before (go figure) and Superstar mode will now run off of skill points....

God I hope there's a lot more IGN isn't telling us
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 13th 2011, 6:12 pm

NCAA 2k12 looks 10x better and we dont even know what the new Franchise mode features are. Rolling Eyes
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 13th 2011, 6:59 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:So franchise mode will have roles like they've had before (go figure) and Superstar mode will now run off of skill points....

Yeah they said more will be revealed monday.

And by roles what do you mean? Theyve never had roles unless your talking about those medalian things that used to be under the player, saying if they were a accurate QB, steamrolling RB, etc?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 7:33 pm

Any news is good news.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 13th 2011, 8:12 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:So franchise mode will have roles like they've had before (go figure) and Superstar mode will now run off of skill points....

And by roles what do you mean? Theyve never had roles unless your talking about those medalian things that used to be under the player, saying if they were a accurate QB, steamrolling RB, etc?

Ya that seems like the same idea as the player role thing
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 13th 2011, 9:02 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Ya that seems like the same idea as the player role thing

Yeah...... I can see it
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 13th 2011, 9:04 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Any news is good news.

Yeah, I dont expect them to completely change or overhaul franchise and superstar modes ( although thats what Id wish they'd do), but its good to see that they are seeing people want franchise and superstar mode tweaked, and are willing to change a few things.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat May 13th 2011, 10:06 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:NCAA 2k12 looks 10x better and we dont even know what the new Franchise mode features are. Rolling Eyes
RTG is supposed to get a major overhaul too
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 10:32 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:NCAA 2k12 looks 10x better and we dont even know what the new Franchise mode features are. Rolling Eyes

Yup, I completely agree. NCAA12 looks FAR better than Madden 12 does.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 13th 2011, 10:48 pm

Just curious...

If you got a phone call from your girl and the conversation went like this.

Girl: Hey babe, I got some news.
JMB: GREAT! Any news is good news! ( Laughing )
Girl: Welll ummmm.
JMB: What is it? You can tell me anything. (Bunch of love mushy BS gets thrown in there to)
Girl: I'm pregnant
JMB: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ....................PEACE OUT Madden 12 Updates 3421780814

Would that still be considered good news?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Just joking man.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 13th 2011, 10:53 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

Just curious...

JMB: What is it? You can tell me anything. (Bunch of love mushy BS gets thrown in there to)
JMB: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ....................PEACE OUT Madden 12 Updates 3421780814

Yeah any news is good news...
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 10:53 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

Just curious...

Or what about:

EA: Hey guys, we've got some news for you!
JMB: HELL YEAH! Any news is good news!
EA: Because of time constraints, we've had to cut our focus on Franchise / Superstar and Gameplay improvements and just focus on graphic and presentation related improvements. We're sorry, but we spent too much time marveling over the new 3D grass and Green-sticker on the back of the helmets that we forgot about those things!
JMB: Oh well, I guess there's always next year!

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 11:43 pm

Or we could just be left in the dark and not know anything about the game until people have already purchased the game and seen it for themselves....douches

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I probably should've worded it differently but just glad to hear some improvements are coming to the game, to see if they will be THAT big of an impact for us gamers, has yet to be seen.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 14th 2011, 12:16 am

At least NCAA football you have a way of moving up. Start off head coaching a 1 star school and move your way up. I find it comical when NCAA fans complain about not having a "coaching Charasol" which allows you to be an OC or DC with a lower team. Well hey, that would be nice, but Franchise mode in madden is utterly awful. You use one team, the whole time, and thats it. Nothing. You build that one team, for 30 years. Fun.

Other then playing the games in Madden, you can pretty much edit your lineup similar to that of a Fantasy Football game you play on the computer. Or even one of those "miniclip games". After the season, you can A. Sign players B. Hire and Fire people that does absolutely nothing. and of course C. Draft players that are highly inaccurate.

In NCAA, you have to recruit after each week, which can be challenging and exciting at the same time. Building your roster and allowing for new guys to start playing for next year. At the end of the season, you have several options. To change conferences, get hired/fired onto a new team, Recruit, sign players, get Transfers, etc. Of course the NCAA game could be a lot better, but Madden is BY FAR worse on the "Franchise" scale. What also stings is that NCAA looks like it has better visuals this year, and of course the Unbelievable Teambuilder feature. What else? Well everything Madden is getting as well.

Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 14th 2011, 1:06 am

Soarindude02 wrote:At least NCAA football you have a way of moving up. Start off head coaching a 1 star school and move your way up. I find it comical when NCAA fans complain about not having a "coaching Charasol" which allows you to be an OC or DC with a lower team. Well hey, that would be nice, but Franchise mode in madden is utterly awful. You use one team, the whole time, and thats it. Nothing. You build that one team, for 30 years. Fun.

Other then playing the games in Madden, you can pretty much edit your lineup similar to that of a Fantasy Football game you play on the computer. Or even one of those "miniclip games". After the season, you can A. Sign players B. Hire and Fire people that does absolutely nothing. and of course C. Draft players that are highly inaccurate.

In NCAA, you have to recruit after each week, which can be challenging and exciting at the same time. Building your roster and allowing for new guys to start playing for next year. At the end of the season, you have several options. To change conferences, get hired/fired onto a new team, Recruit, sign players, get Transfers, etc. Of course the NCAA game could be a lot better, but Madden is BY FAR worse on the "Franchise" scale. What also stings is that NCAA looks like it has better visuals this year, and of course the Unbelievable Teambuilder feature. What else? Well everything Madden is getting as well.

I think it's safe to say that NCAA is better in EVERY aspect of the game. Madden seems like they are trying to keep up with NCAA and it's just failing more and more every year.

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb May 14th 2011, 9:42 am

MaddMatt wrote:

Just curious...

Yeah, it would be

because then i would know to go over and give her the good ol' falcon punch

no worries about child support down the road

(too far?)
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 14th 2011, 10:06 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:At least NCAA football you have a way of moving up. Start off head coaching a 1 star school and move your way up. I find it comical when NCAA fans complain about not having a "coaching Charasol" which allows you to be an OC or DC with a lower team. Well hey, that would be nice, but Franchise mode in madden is utterly awful. You use one team, the whole time, and thats it. Nothing. You build that one team, for 30 years. Fun.

I think it's safe to say that NCAA is better in EVERY aspect of the game. Madden seems like they are trying to keep up with NCAA and it's just failing more and more every year.
\

This is not true at all. NCAA 11 > Madden 11 but that was the first year in awhile that it was better IMO. Im sorry but if you think NCAA 10 is better than Madden 10, you're nuts lol. I couldn't play 2 quarters of NCAA's demo that year because the graphics were an eyesore.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 14th 2011, 12:28 pm

at23steelers wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

\

This is not true at all. NCAA 11 > Madden 11 but that was the first year in awhile that it was better IMO. Im sorry but if you think NCAA 10 is better than Madden 10, you're nuts lol. I couldn't play 2 quarters of NCAA's demo that year because the graphics were an eyesore.

I played NCAA 08, NCAA 09, NCAA 11 and I am going to buy NCAA 12. The reason I did not buy 10 was because of a PS2 transfer to Xbox 360 period and I never ended up buying it. I can tell you that Madden may have had better graphics, but that seems to be the only thing going for them. Every aspect of the game is better, besides the whole roster thing. But of course I never buy NCAA until a well known team makes a roster.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat May 14th 2011, 12:51 pm

Well said
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 14th 2011, 10:14 pm

George_the_Kat wrote:

Well said

I concur.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 14th 2011, 10:41 pm

at23steelers wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

\

I never played NCAA 10, but yeah I was specifically talking about NCAA 11 and now NCAA 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 14th 2011, 10:46 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

\

I never played NCAA 10, but yeah I was specifically talking about NCAA 11 and now NCAA 12.

To tough to judge for NCAA12 compared to Madden12 but I agree with you on NCAA11. Try the demo for NCAA10 bro just for 1 game and you will know what I mean lol.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 15th 2011, 4:42 pm

From IGN:

"What is Madden NFL 12's Release Date?
Madden NFL 12 arrives in stores later than usual -- August 30. Let's hope it's lead-in to the start of the NFL season.

What's new this year?
There's quite a lot, actually. Five Madden NFL 12 additions you'll notice right off the bat: Authentic presentation (both in pre-game and during the game), the addition of custom playbooks, improvements to Gameflow (AI-controlled play-calling), collision technology for better tackling, and improved defensive AI.

What's the biggest gameplay change?
That's something EA has not revealed yet. We're hoping that's the focus of Madden NFL 12 at E3 2011.

What's new in Superstar mode?
The two biggest changes -- you now earn skill points which you can spend however you like to upgrade your player and practices have actual value in improving your superstar.

What's new in Franchise mode?
A whole lot. No, really -- Tiburon claims 90% of all Madden players try out Franchise mode. The team finally invested some time into greatly improving things. Here's a cheat sheet:
•Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.

•Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.

•The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.

•Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).

•Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.

•Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.

•Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.

•Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.

•Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.

•Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.

•Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.
How has Madden online changed?
EA hasn't revealed this yet, but we're told a big addition is in the works.

Is this for real?
The additions listed are for real. What we don't know is how well they'll play. Until we invest 10 hours into Franchise mode, there's no telling if all the new features work well together. But it sounds very, very promising.

Madden has done some good things with gameplay in the past couple of years, but has done a very poor job with adding and improving its features. Looks that that's changing with Madden NFL 12."

I like this it looks very promising

Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 15th 2011, 5:25 pm

Thadden wrote:From IGN:

"What is Madden NFL 12's Release Date?
Madden NFL 12 arrives in stores later than usual -- August 30. Let's hope it's lead-in to the start of the NFL season.

What's new this year?
There's quite a lot, actually. Five Madden NFL 12 additions you'll notice right off the bat: Authentic presentation (both in pre-game and during the game), the addition of custom playbooks, improvements to Gameflow (AI-controlled play-calling), collision technology for better tackling, and improved defensive AI.

What's the biggest gameplay change?
That's something EA has not revealed yet. We're hoping that's the focus of Madden NFL 12 at E3 2011.

What's new in Superstar mode?
The two biggest changes -- you now earn skill points which you can spend however you like to upgrade your player and practices have actual value in improving your superstar.

What's new in Franchise mode?
A whole lot. No, really -- Tiburon claims 90% of all Madden players try out Franchise mode. The team finally invested some time into greatly improving things. Here's a cheat sheet:
•Dynamic Player Performance: Player ratings fluctuate based on consistency and confidence.

•Player Roles: More than 20 roles (Playoff Performer, Trench Warrior) affect player and team stats throughout the season.

•The Pre-Season Matters: Start with 75-player roster and need to make cuts each week. Playing pre-season games reveals player ratings.

•Scouting Reworked: Tiered scouting system reveals ratings tied to different events (college season, combine, pro day, individual workout).

•Draft Class Improvements: Robust set of draftees built for 30 seasons of franchise. Teams draft based on their real tendencies.

•Free Agent Bidding Wars: eBay style bidding against other GMs creates intense, rapid-fire free agent period that takes only a few minutes to complete.

•Smarter General Managers: Better re-sign and cut logic. GMs make trades and sign free agents who fit their needs, with player roles factored in.

•Coaches Matter: Coaches have small positive and negative impact on how players perform on the field based on their style.

•Edit Any Player: Alter the ratings of any player -- rookie, created player, or established veteran.

•Change Teams: In any offseason, change control of which teams you run in Franchise mode.

•Numerous Tweaks: Many other small tuning and additions are coming, including retirement logic, a more accurate salary system, fixes to the injured reserve system, better simulation stats, and more.
How has Madden online changed?
EA hasn't revealed this yet, but we're told a big addition is in the works.

Is this for real?
The additions listed are for real. What we don't know is how well they'll play. Until we invest 10 hours into Franchise mode, there's no telling if all the new features work well together. But it sounds very, very promising.

Madden has done some good things with gameplay in the past couple of years, but has done a very poor job with adding and improving its features. Looks that that's changing with Madden NFL 12."

I like this it looks very promising

Indeed! Very Happy
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next