Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Flacco 6 years-$120 Million

+6
EPICxPENGUIN69
HurpDurpHurray
BaltRavensFan20
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flacco 6 years-$120 Million Empty Flacco 6 years-$120 Million

Post  MaddMatter March 1st 2013, 9:43 pm

LMFAO

Sorry Balt. but that is WAY to much for Flacco. I could see 12 a year, I could, but 20?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Flacco 6 years-$120 Million Empty Re: Flacco 6 years-$120 Million

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 1st 2013, 9:49 pm

Geeez, thats a ton of ca$h !!! but, in all reality judging by statistics alone, he has earned it...now on the flip side, I have watched Flacco and never have I ever said to myself "dam, I wish he was the QB for my team" ...i have said those words about a few other QBs tho, but never Flacco...wierd What a Face
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 1st 2013, 10:41 pm

lmfao this is the funniest shit ever
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 1st 2013, 11:39 pm

How do I feel about this? Yes and No. In one case, thats what he was asking for, 20 mil per year. So we either lose our best QB since Johnny U to FA, or we lock him up. I saw getting him for hardly any less. If we would have lost him, we would have been back to square one. And our D isn't as good as it has been.

In the other case, the man won in the playoffs and tied Montanas record of 11TDs and 0 Ints in the playoffs. THE PLAYOFFS. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me. Sure, he doesn't have the stats during the regular season, but the man wins. He holds the most wins of any QB since entering his career, he has alot of playoff wins, and a SB ring, in his first 5 yrs. He played great in the SB. While 20 mil is a bit much, 12 mil would have been lowballing him in my opinion. I think he should have gotten around 16-18 mil per year. I think that would have been fair.

I'm just glad hes locked up and the browns or any other team didn't try to nab him.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 1st 2013, 11:41 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Geeez, thats a ton of ca$h !!! but, in all reality judging by statistics alone, he has earned it...now on the flip side, I have watched Flacco and never have I ever said to myself "dam, I wish he was the QB for my team" ...i have said those words about a few other QBs tho, but never Flacco...wierd What a Face

You mean you would rather have the great and powerful Sanchez over Flacco??? Shocked Never have I watched Sanchez and said, "dam, I wish he was the QB for my team", either.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 2nd 2013, 12:41 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Geeez, thats a ton of ca$h !!! but, in all reality judging by statistics alone, he has earned it...now on the flip side, I have watched Flacco and never have I ever said to myself "dam, I wish he was the QB for my team" ...i have said those words about a few other QBs tho, but never Flacco...wierd What a Face

You mean you would rather have the great and powerful Sanchez over Flacco??? Shocked Never have I watched Sanchez and said, "dam, I wish he was the QB for my team", either.

No, I dislike The Stinkcheese more than i dislike Flacco...what I was saying is that Flacco doesnt do anything that really impresses me, hes slow in the pocket, hes too eager to dump the ball off to Ray Rice before making more than 1 read, over the course of his career he has had the luxury of one of the "better" defenses in the league against both Rush and Pass, hes been in a "soft" division featuring 4 "gimme" games per season against the Browns and Bengals and lets not forget that when you play in Baltimore you have to fight the refs too ( not as bad as the Patriots but similar ) ...Bottomline for me is this, Flacco reminds me of an "average" QB, kinda like Phil Simms was an average QB when he was with the Giants, that team Won games but it was a rare occasion that it was due to him. thats all

maybe a better comparison would be Neil O Donnell, the guy was "great" in Pittsburgh, led them to the Superbowl, made the Pro Bowl yada yada yada, he leaves the Steelers and what happened? google him if you dont know what im talking about..he kinda looks similar to ODonnel too
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 2nd 2013, 1:00 am

Let's be honest. 90% of us would not have wanted Flacco on our teams. Then we saw him the last 4 games of the season and we were like "Where has THIS Flacco been all year?" If Flacco can play 75% of what he did in the playoffs. Almost every team would want Flacco as their QB.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 2nd 2013, 1:33 am

MaddMatter wrote:Let's be honest. 90% of us would not have wanted Flacco on our teams. Then we saw him the last 4 games of the season and we were like "Where has THIS Flacco been all year?" If Flacco can play 75% of what he did in the playoffs. Almost every team would want Flacco as their QB.

same could be said about Phil Simms when the Giants won the 1987 Superbowl against the Broncos, he was 22-25 268 yards 3 TDs,, won the MVP award...but his "total body of work" thruout the season was nothing close to that...thats basically Flacco
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 2nd 2013, 9:11 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

No, I dislike The Stinkcheese more than i dislike Flacco...what I was saying is that Flacco doesnt do anything that really impresses me, hes slow in the pocket, hes too eager to dump the ball off to Ray Rice before making more than 1 read, over the course of his career he has had the luxury of one of the "better" defenses in the league against both Rush and Pass, hes been in a "soft" division featuring 4 "gimme" games per season against the Browns and Bengals and lets not forget that when you play in Baltimore you have to fight the refs too ( not as bad as the Patriots but similar ) ...Bottomline for me is this, Flacco reminds me of an "average" QB, kinda like Phil Simms was an average QB when he was with the Giants, that team Won games but it was a rare occasion that it was due to him. thats all

maybe a better comparison would be Neil O Donnell, the guy was "great" in Pittsburgh, led them to the Superbowl, made the Pro Bowl yada yada yada, he leaves the Steelers and what happened? google him if you dont know what im talking about..he kinda looks similar to ODonnel too

Hes hardly used Ray rice this season. Hes learned to get away with it. And when he was pressured as much as he was in the regualr season, would you rather him throw it away and not get anything, or dump it off and atleast get some yardage?

I'm not even going to comment too much on the refs, because Baltimore plays teams where they have to fight the refs themeslves. So it goes hand in hand. Baltimore is no favorite in this league. Trust me, there have been many a game we have lost that I felt the refs blew it for the ravens with horrbile calls.

Look, Flacco may not be as pretty as Manning, Brady, or Brees, but he wins. And to me thats the most important attribute of a player. I dont care abour stats, I care about wins, and as long as Flacco keeps winning games Im fine with him at QB. Yes I know its a team win, but he has a part in that team win, and the ravens have had games where they have put the game on flaccos shoulder and he has won it. See both pittsburg games a year ago, the playoffs this year, the SB, etc. To me its no wonder that fallco turned it around after Cam Cameron for fired. The man is a QB killer.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 2nd 2013, 9:42 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Hes hardly used Ray rice this season. Hes learned to get away with it. And when he was pressured as much as he was in the regualr season, would you rather him throw it away and not get anything, or dump it off and atleast get some yardage?

I'm not even going to comment too much on the refs, because Baltimore plays teams where they have to fight the refs themeslves. So it goes hand in hand. Baltimore is no favorite in this league. Trust me, there have been many a game we have lost that I felt the refs blew it for the ravens with horrbile calls.

Look, Flacco may not be as pretty as Manning, Brady, or Brees, but he wins. And to me thats the most important attribute of a player. I dont care abour stats, I care about wins, and as long as Flacco keeps winning games Im fine with him at QB. Yes I know its a team win, but he has a part in that team win, and the ravens have had games where they have put the game on flaccos shoulder and he has won it. See both pittsburg games a year ago, the playoffs this year, the SB, etc. To me its no wonder that fallco turned it around after Cam Cameron for fired. The man is a QB killer.

Come on now, you're complaining about the refs when you guys won the Super Bowl? Come on now...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 2nd 2013, 5:33 pm

Sort of a lot of money. I would have seen the best price around 15 to 18, 20 is a bit much. plus you have to resign your teammates
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 3rd 2013, 5:31 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Come on now, you're complaining about the refs when you guys won the Super Bowl? Come on now...

Oh dont start with that, the play has been reviewed and it was the right call. SFs cb initiated contact, end of story.

I'm just saying, the refs dont always give the ravens love, like I said, there have been many a game where the ravens have gotten screwed too.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 3rd 2013, 11:49 pm

^^^^lol still mad about the refs.

Baltimore is lucky that this isn't the NBA because you aren't forced to play out the whole contract with that pay rate. I don't really agree with that since guys like Bowman and Sherman don't get an immediate pay raise for great play but so many players quickly have to negotiate for sub-par play. Hey NFL, if you sign the contract then you should pay the contract. Any team could offer big contracts to get prized players to sign and then turn around and say take a paycut or look like a douche.

DeMaurice Smith failed you NFLPA.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 4th 2013, 9:21 am

Nef77 wrote:^^^^lol still mad about the refs.

Baltimore is lucky that this isn't the NBA because you aren't forced to play out the whole contract with that pay rate. I don't really agree with that since guys like Bowman and Sherman don't get an immediate pay raise for great play but so many players quickly have to negotiate for sub-par play. Hey NFL, if you sign the contract then you should pay the contract. Any team could offer big contracts to get prized players to sign and then turn around and say take a paycut or look like a douche.

DeMaurice Smith failed you NFLPA.

I'm not mad at the refs, just trying to make a point that Baltimore doesnt get the ref love people think they do.

I agree though with the contracts. This is getting ridiculous. Its every year a larger contract comes out. How high will these contracts get? It will get to the point where teams won't be able to afford players, because the cap won't be able to keep up with high profile contracts. I can see the NFL stepping in sooner or later. I'm glad Joe got paid, but these couple hundred million dollar contracts are ridiculous. That would last me for life plus.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 4th 2013, 10:05 am

from what i read its a pretty great structured contract.

his cap hit for this season is less then 7 mil lol.

40 mill of the 52 mil guaranteed money he is due in this 1st season lol.
also it seems the first 2 or 3 season of the deal are team friendly as well and when he does get expensive the cap will most likely go way up as well which would lessen the burden.

its looks like a great contract to me cause now we can resign a bunch of guys cheers
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 4th 2013, 11:26 am

TRU11 wrote:from what i read its a pretty great structured contract.

his cap hit for this season is less then 7 mil lol.

40 mill of the 52 mil guaranteed money he is due in this 1st season lol.
also it seems the first 2 or 3 season of the deal are team friendly as well and when he does get expensive the cap will most likely go way up as well which would lessen the burden.

its looks like a great contract to me cause now we can resign a bunch of guys cheers

True, but I don't see us getting Kruger still. Crying or Very sad
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 4th 2013, 5:41 pm

Nothing like signing your team into a corner for the next 10 years. Enjoy! I dunno Flacco personally but he doesnt seem like the kinda guy to restructure his contract to benefit the team (like Brady did, twice).

As for the overall numbers for a guy who won one SB, has no MVPs, no spectacular stats, 102-58 TD-INT ratio, no pro bowls, 86.3 rating.... Ya that was a incredibly stupid signing.

Yes the fact there isnt any FA QBs out there this yr nor are there any sure things in the draft but, jeez. Baltimore is gonna be crying about this for a long long time. Live it up while you can fuckers. You're screwed. Balti extremely over paid for a guy who has had 1 good year. Grats LOL.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 5th 2013, 4:13 am

RSoxGuy wrote:Nothing like signing your team into a corner for the next 10 years. Enjoy! I dunno Flacco personally but he doesnt seem like the kinda guy to restructure his contract to benefit the team (like Brady did, twice).

As for the overall numbers for a guy who won one SB, has no MVPs, no spectacular stats, 102-58 TD-INT ratio, no pro bowls, 86.3 rating.... Ya that was a incredibly stupid signing.

Yes the fact there isnt any FA QBs out there this yr nor are there any sure things in the draft but, jeez. Baltimore is gonna be crying about this for a long long time. Live it up while you can fuckers. You're screwed. Balti extremely over paid for a guy who has had 1 good year. Grats LOL.

his post season stats are better then pretty much any QB people lable elite lol.
in his 5 years he already has the record for most wins in away games in the post season.

ill take a play off QB over a regular season QB any day of the week.

Also he has a SB MVP Wink
pretty sure any player would trade there regular season MVP for a SB MVP lol

Also his contract is pretty well structured lol.
i guess most just look at the total sum and then base there opinion on that Rolling Eyes
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 5th 2013, 7:13 am

IMO the guy isn't worth the biggest contract in NFL history. You had great talent around him and he put them to good use. Ray Rice is a dual threat. Quan was a beast before he got there. Everyone else is open

It's not like he was great without them. What happens if you can't afford to keep the surrounding talent? I think he deserves good money, just not the biggest contract of all time. Not over Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 5th 2013, 8:44 am

RSoxGuy wrote:Nothing like signing your team into a corner for the next 10 years. Enjoy! I dunno Flacco personally but he doesnt seem like the kinda guy to restructure his contract to benefit the team (like Brady did, twice).

So I guess everyone should just start basing things off of stats now huh? Is that where this league is going now? How about the fact Flacco has the most wins in his first five years than any QB in the history of the NFL? Or the fact he was 11-0 in TD/INTs in the playoffs, and has one of the best winning numbers in the playoffs, and has been to the playoffs every year since he came into this league? Or that he has a SB MVP, a SB in which he played great? I agree that he needs to be more consistant in the regular season, but let me ask you something. Would you rather have a QB that wins and plays big in big games? Or a QB that has pretty stats?

I'll say it again, Flacco doesn't play as pretty as Brady or Manning, but he wins, and to me, winning is all that matters in the league; stats come second.

Nef, you made the point that he has a good group of players around him? Well, so does Brady, so does Manning, what is your point? In actuallity, Flacco really had nobody around him when he started playing. Our O-line was crappy, Our WRs apart from D-mase were crappy (where is Mark Clayton and Demetrius William now lol?). Heap was out of his prime, Rice had just been drafted with Joe. It wasn't till these past two years when we started getting most of the playmakers. So Joe had a crappy group of guys when he started out and he still got to the playoffs (you could argue the D got him there, but in a QB driven league, your QB has to be able to play regardless).

Rsox, Flacco was willing to lower the cap hit for this offseason on his new contract, because he didn't want to hurt the team, and knew they were in a tough situation. To me, that sounds like someone who is willing to take one for the team so the good players around him will be able to stay.

Do I agree it was a little much? Yes I do, personally I think he should have gotten Eli Manning type money. I just wanted to comment on a few things you guys said.

I will mention too that the Ravens front office is one of the best in the league, so of there was any team to figure all this out, it would be them.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 5th 2013, 11:59 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

So I guess everyone should just start basing things off of stats now huh?
What are we supposed to base it off of? Team wins? So does that mean hes worth more than Brady, Brees, Manning or Rodgers? Stats tell us a story about a player, is he a game manager? Is he a MVP caliber QB year in and yr out? Can he/does he put the team on his back year in and yr out to get Ws? Or does he ride the coattails of his fellow team mates? Stats tell us these things.
Is that where this league is going now? How about the fact Flacco has the most wins in his first five years than any QB in the history of the NFL?
Brady 01-05 won 68 games including playoffs (3 SB wins and 2 SB MVPs).
Flacco 08-12 won 63 games (1 SB win, 1 SB MVP).

Or the fact he was 11-0 in TD/INTs in the playoffs, and has one of the best winning numbers in the playoffs, and has been to the playoffs every year since he came into this league?
Again, is this a team worthy stat or did Flacco do this all on his own? Didnt Brady just pass Montana for all time playoff wins? How many records does Brady hold in the post season/regular season? So Flacco has one great post season and all of a sudden hes Christ?

Or that he has a SB MVP, a SB in which he played great?
Bardy has 2 SB MVPs not that they mean shit considering that Deion Branch has 1, Santonio Holmes, Kurt Warner, Dexter Jackson and Desmond Howard all have SB MVPs yet where never considered to be ELITE or deserving of highest paid.

I agree that he needs to be more consistant in the regular season, but let me ask you something. Would you rather have a QB that wins and plays big in big games? Or a QB that has pretty stats?
Id rather have 5 or 6 other QBs than one who did good for one year and won the SB. Id rather have a guy who won 3, does great stat wise every year and can win games with shit on offense and defense (player depth wise).

I'll say it again, Flacco doesn't play as pretty as Brady or Manning, but he wins, and to me, winning is all that matters in the league; stats come second.
Problem is, hes not the one winning all these games, nasty D, great running game while other play with much less talent around them but are so good that they elevate even the mediocre players...

Nef, you made the point that he has a good group of players around him? Well, so does Brady, so does Manning, what is your point?
Brady hasnt had shit other than Welker (a slot WR) and Gronk for a yr and a half. No great D, no great RBs for several years yet still puts up great numbers, owns many records post season and regular. Puts up wins to get his team into the playoffs. Same with Manning. When had Indy had a great D? He had Harrison and Wayne, maybe you could consider Addai to be good at one point (and that was a short time) but he was half of ray rice never mind the combo of Rice, McGahee and McClain.

Rsox, Flacco was willing to lower the cap hit for this offseason on his new contract, because he didn't want to hurt the team, and knew they were in a tough situation. To me, that sounds like someone who is willing to take one for the team so the good players around him will be able to stay.
Fuck me now or fuck me later, you're still getting fucked either way. BTW, being the highest paid player is in no way shape or form "taking one for the team".

I will mention too that the Ravens front office is one of the best in the league, so of there was any team to figure all this out, it would be them.
Thats debatable. Point being, Baltimore over paid a top 10 QB with top 5 money and with the cap, it will fuck them at some point.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 5th 2013, 12:22 pm

Again, not saying Flacco is junk, I think hes damn good. Just not top 5. Nor does he demand top 5 cash. When you think "highest paid", you think best at their position. Flacco is not the best at his position which in turn means he shouldn't be able to demand top dollar.

If he can keep up getting to the SB and dominate like he did this past post season sure. Ill put him up there but not after one year. Kurt Warner had a one great year. Jake Delhome had a great yr. Chad Pennington had a great yr. Lots of bums have had one or two great yrs only to fade into oblivion not earning or performing worth a shit.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 5th 2013, 3:38 pm

LOL Flacco has Ray Rice but Manning had Addai? hahahahaha lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker, Demerius Thomas, Gronk, Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Eric Decker, Deion Branch (998)

All these nobody guys had 1000 yard seasons ONLY with an elite QB. Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, and Brady made these guys. Flacco is carried more by his talent than these guys are. Tell me which one of the 4 that I mentioned has a backfield like Leach and Rice? The only 1000 WR Flacco ever had was Mason and he was doing that before Flacco got there. Flacco isn't making new threats, he's using the talent around him.

Don't try to sell your offense short to make a stupid contract look reasonable. NO PLAYER is worth 1/6th of a teams salary. Not Peyton eventhough he's the OC/QB. Not Brees, Rodgers, or Brady eventhough they can do more with less and DEFINITELY not Flacco even though he's the Super Bowl MVP.

Deion Branch was a Super Bowl MVP and left his talented squad for Seattle.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 5th 2013, 3:42 pm

BTW that whole,

oh Flacco didn't have anyone around him

mess is the same thing Alex Smith fans say. Elite QB's make their offense, not excuses.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 5th 2013, 4:02 pm

I like how Flacco said that even if they didn't win the Super Bowl, he still would have felt that he was worth that kind of money. The fact that he won a Super Bowl makes it only a tiny bit reasonable to give him that kind of money. But seriously, how the fuck would he be worth that money if they didn't win? You're worth more than Brady and Manning even though you have no Super Bowl victories nor the stats? GTFO
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next