Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Boldin to San Fran

+4
Nef77
MaddMatter
BaltRavensFan20
S
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boldin to San Fran Empty Boldin to San Fran

Post  S March 11th 2013, 5:16 pm

For a 6th round pick.

Your move Carrol.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Boldin to San Fran Empty Re: Boldin to San Fran

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 11th 2013, 5:56 pm

Well........... atleast we got something out of it, thats all I have to say. Better to create cap space AND get a draft pick, then just to release him to create cap space....

I wish he would have stayed, but I think the ravens will move on fine...

6th round though, thats all? 4th probably would have been better with his production and all
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 11th 2013, 6:00 pm

I think you guys at least should have gotten a 3rd. Vernon Davis and Boldin gonna be abusing Dbs omg.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 11th 2013, 6:43 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well........... atleast we got something out of it, thats all I have to say. Better to create cap space AND get a draft pick, then just to release him to create cap space....

6th round though, thats all? 4th probably would have been better with his production and all

True, but what are the odds a 6th round pick is going to stick on a Super Bowl winning team? I'm with S, I think ya'll could have gotten a 3rd.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 11th 2013, 7:41 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well........... atleast we got something out of it, thats all I have to say. Better to create cap space AND get a draft pick, then just to release him to create cap space....

True, but what are the odds a 6th round pick is going to stick on a Super Bowl winning team? I'm with S, I think ya'll could have gotten a 3rd.

I don't know, I think a 3rd would have been too much. Sure he still has good production, but hes like 32. If he was younger then I'd say yeah a 3rd, but with his age I would say at-most a 4th.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 12th 2013, 1:09 am

LOL a 6th rounder for the most productive WR in last years playoffs. Better run blocker than Moss should make him a great number 2. Hope Kaep is working on that fade.

Now lets hope we get Ryan Swope to fill in the slot back spot and I think we're good to go.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 12th 2013, 3:47 am

nobody going to trade a 3rd round pick for a almost 33 year old WR on a contract with 1 year left who wasent know as a fast WR anyways lol.

not to mention 1 that carries a 6 mil cap hit lol.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 12th 2013, 6:00 am

TRU11 wrote:nobody going to trade a 3rd round pick for a almost 33 year old WR on a contract with 1 year left who wasent know as a fast WR anyways lol.

Smartness he's always been a possession WR who makes the catches in traffic while being a beast to bring down. Been that way since his days in Arizona. He was never a burner. Speed sucks if speed can't get open or catch the ball. Not to mention that he's a great run blocker against the corners. Bring on Ryan Swope to complete the deal please.

Ravens homers pulling the double standard here.

Flacco is a great playoff QB....but we'll ignore the most productive WR in the last playoffs. Good one.

lol 6th rounder while you could've kept him, paid him for one year before the 30mil cap space comes into play. Thanks bud.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 12th 2013, 6:44 am

At this point can we just have an NFC West Sub section... Seeing as it'll be interesting as hell this year. Just sayin'
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 12th 2013, 8:45 am

Nef77 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:nobody going to trade a 3rd round pick for a almost 33 year old WR on a contract with 1 year left who wasent know as a fast WR anyways lol.

Smartness he's always been a possession WR who makes the catches in traffic while being a beast to bring down. Been that way since his days in Arizona. He was never a burner. Speed sucks if speed can't get open or catch the ball. Not to mention that he's a great run blocker against the corners. Bring on Ryan Swope to complete the deal please.

Ravens homers pulling the double standard here.

Flacco is a great playoff QB....but we'll ignore the most productive WR in the last playoffs. Good one.

lol 6th rounder while you could've kept him, paid him for one year before the 30mil cap space comes into play. Thanks bud.

you still butthurt your team lost the SB dont ya with ya homers remark lol.

if you know anything about the ravens ( which you clearly dont) then you would have known they would not keep him if he did not restructure.
He did decline to do that.

In other words he was going to be released lol.

to come back to that 6th round pick:
1 he was going to get cut which hurts his value in a potential trade
2 he is 33 years old and rely on his physical play which hurts his value
3 teams know ravens need cap which hurts his value
4 his cap number is high which hurts his value
5 he is on the last year of his deal which hurts his value.

So getting a 6th rounder back should not be suprising since so many things hurt his value.

to come back to your remark about him being a possesion receiver
a few facts about boldin:
* he will be 33 soon
* he is in the final year of his deal
* he counts more then 7 mil against the cap
* he relies on tough physcial catches
* he really has a hard time to get open.

He is one heck of a WR but nobody knows how long he will be able to play the way he does.
1 year , 2 years , 0 years ????

If you are not a homer then you would see that at this point in his career ,his style of play and his cap number are all not favorable when compaired to the state of the ravens, their cap situation and other pending FA.
According to the ravens he is not worth that price thus not worth that gamble and i see where they comming from if i have to look at the things i listed.

Sure Boldin played great but a little insight to who played great as well:

*Cary williams played great but is a FA.
*Kruger had some key sacks but is a FA.
*Mckinnie played amazing but is a FA.
*Ellerbe stepped up big time but is a FA.
*Pitta got tenderd with a 2nd rounder.
*Dickson got tender with a 3rd rounder.
*Ed Reed is also in FA may i add.
*Jacoby Jones played great in the play offs as well but is cheaper then boldin and thus kept for now.
*Leach might be cut as well.

If you are not a homer and you look at the whole picture then its sad to see Boldin go but its understandeble he was let go and should you be happy you got at least a pick in return instead of nothing because you cut him.

You should also be happy for boldin because he gets to keep his salary (nobody would offer him this much from FA) and he plays for a contender ( no shitty team that aint going nowhere)

Next time try to not get emotional and base decision on that.
You will fail to see the bigger picture and it makes you look like a butt hurt homer who doesent understand how things work in the grown ups world.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 12th 2013, 8:56 am

Revis to the JETS!!! oh wait ... Suspect
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 12th 2013, 9:26 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Revis to the JETS!!! oh wait ... Suspect

i wonder if he gets traded what you guys will get lol.

a 1st and a 2nd would be minimal imo.
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 12th 2013, 2:46 pm

Nope, I'm over the Super Bowl. Just stuck on why one guy and his contract is more important than the rest of the team. See that list of players you are losing. Yeah that's when the Flacco cap space is "team friendly". Watch when one guy accounts for 30 MIL!!!! lol.

If Boldin never gets open and is getting to old, why was he targeted the most out of him and the 2 speedy Smith and Jones? HE'S A POSSESSION WR WHOSE TALENT IS MAKING THE CATCH IN TRAFFIC WITH CONTACT. HE'S BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE GENIUS. How do I know, because he's been picking on our DB's since regardless of his QB. Leinart, Warner, McCown, Flacco, it didn't matter.

Does watching the game happen in your little grown ups world?

Never had burner speed bruh. Most productive WR in the postseason bruh. Flacco's most targeted WR bruh. Facts are facts. Yeah he'll be 33 for most of next season, but 32 is considered old too and that's when he was Flacco's favorite target.

It just cost us a 6th rounder too lol.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2013, 5:42 pm

tubbs51 wrote:At this point can we just have an NFC West Sub section... Seeing as it'll be interesting as hell this year. Just sayin'
Half the division still blows major dick lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 12th 2013, 5:57 pm

Stephen wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:At this point can we just have an NFC West Sub section... Seeing as it'll be interesting as hell this year. Just sayin'
Half the division still blows major dick lol

He was joking, he didn't really want an NFC West section, he wanted a Seattle Seahawks section.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 12th 2013, 7:31 pm

Nef77 wrote:Nope, I'm over the Super Bowl. Just stuck on why one guy and his contract is more important than the rest of the team. See that list of players you are losing. Yeah that's when the Flacco cap space is "team friendly". Watch when one guy accounts for 30 MIL!!!! lol.

If Boldin never gets open and is getting to old, why was he targeted the most out of him and the 2 speedy Smith and Jones? HE'S A POSSESSION WR WHOSE TALENT IS MAKING THE CATCH IN TRAFFIC WITH CONTACT. HE'S BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE GENIUS. How do I know, because he's been picking on our DB's since regardless of his QB. Leinart, Warner, McCown, Flacco, it didn't matter.

Never had burner speed bruh. Most productive WR in the postseason bruh. Flacco's most targeted WR bruh. Facts are facts. Yeah he'll be 33 for most of next season, but 32 is considered old too and that's when he was Flacco's favorite target.

Back on the Flacco thing again huh? Did you ever think that maybe Ozzie just didn't want to overpay for the guys we have lost? Do you think its smart to pay 40 mil for a 2 down linebacker like the browns did? Or 35 mil for a LB who is injury prone and basically has had one good season, like the dolphins did? (I know you would bring Flacco into this, so Im asking you to answer the question I have before you ny not bringing up Flacco). Ozzie offered them a set amount, we had the cap space to sign one of those guys, if they didn't like the amount ozzie offered then so be it. This has nothing to do with Flacco. I've said it before, we were in the hole with CAP even before signing Flacco. Personally I'm sick of hearing about Flacco. The man got paid end of story. Now from here on out all people are going to be blaming is Flacco left and right for everything, nevermind that Flacco wasn't the one who gave the money to himself. If any of you blaming Flacco should be blaming anyone, maybe you should be blaming the ravens for giving him the money.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2013, 7:54 pm

man the ravens v 49ers fan battle is getting real on here man lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 13th 2013, 12:45 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Back on the Flacco thing again huh? Did you ever think that maybe Ozzie just didn't want to overpay for the guys we have lost? Do you think its smart to pay 40 mil for a 2 down linebacker like the browns did? Or 35 mil for a LB who is injury prone and basically has had one good season, like the dolphins did? (I know you would bring Flacco into this, so Im asking you to answer the question I have before you ny not bringing up Flacco). Ozzie offered them a set amount, we had the cap space to sign one of those guys, if they didn't like the amount ozzie offered then so be it. This has nothing to do with Flacco. I've said it before, we were in the hole with CAP even before signing Flacco. Personally I'm sick of hearing about Flacco. The man got paid end of story. Now from here on out all people are going to be blaming is Flacco left and right for everything, nevermind that Flacco wasn't the one who gave the money to himself. If any of you blaming Flacco should be blaming anyone, maybe you should be blaming the ravens for giving him the money.

As long as you're giving us key guys for just 6th rounders, I like Flacco's contract. Oh sorry, I mean the RAVENS contract that was forced upon Flacco. lol The comment was directed at Tru.

My gripe is, in the other thread you guys were trying to justify it praising the shit out of the guy. Give credit where credit is due. I said it before and I'll say it again, Joe was great at using the weapons around him on offense. Boldin was the main target since he got there but then too discredit the guy with crap like.

He's always been that way. If he were fast, he'd be a short version of Calvin Johnson.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 13th 2013, 5:51 am

Stephen wrote:man the ravens v 49ers fan battle is getting real on here man lol

Reminds me of the Steelers v Seahawks fan battles after SB XL.

Obviously i was joking but dont count out the rams they're getting better under Fisher.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 13th 2013, 6:09 pm

Nef77 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

As long as you're giving us key guys for just 6th rounders, I like Flacco's contract. Oh sorry, I mean the RAVENS contract that was forced upon Flacco. lol The comment was directed at Tru.

My gripe is, in the other thread you guys were trying to justify it praising the shit out of the guy. Give credit where credit is due. I said it before and I'll say it again, Joe was great at using the weapons around him on offense. Boldin was the main target since he got there but then too discredit the guy with crap like.

He's always been that way. If he were fast, he'd be a short version of Calvin Johnson.

I didn't say it was forced upon him, I'm just saying the ravens were the ones that signed him, Flacco didnt sign himself.

From the way it looks now though, Ozzie is really cleaning house. Pollard was just released (loved the way he played), and it sounds like the ravens may not want Reed back. I'm hearing that both Reed and Pollard were both ones not afraid to challenge harbaugh with things, and had open mouths in the locker room. I'm real interested in seeing how ozzies going to go about this. Idedibo (sp?) was just resigned and is about a not as good player as pollard. He hits hard but his coverage isn't great like pollards. With have Christian Thompson, but don't know if he can take reeds spot. I hope reed comes back though....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 13th 2013, 6:12 pm

I dunno. I always thought Boldin was always in Fitz's shadow and he had a chance to shine in Balti but never really became one of those ELITE WRs every1 wants. Its he better than %75 of the WRs out there? Would I want him on the pats? Yup and yup.

Bad move for Balti, SF just got that much better. For a 6th rnd pick for fucks sake.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 14th 2013, 1:04 am

RSoxGuy wrote:I dunno. I always thought Boldin was always in Fitz's shadow and he had a chance to shine in Balti but never really became one of those ELITE WRs every1 wants. Its he better than %75 of the WRs out there? Would I want him on the pats? Yup and yup.

Bad move for Balti, SF just got that much better. For a 6th rnd pick for fucks sake.

There ya go...and congrats on Amendola. Welker was a nobody until Brady was his QB. Amendola tore us up when he was healthy.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 14th 2013, 1:09 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
From the way it looks now though, Ozzie is really cleaning house. Pollard was just released (loved the way he played), and it sounds like the ravens may not want Reed back. I'm hearing that both Reed and Pollard were both ones not afraid to challenge harbaugh with things, and had open mouths in the locker room. I'm real interested in seeing how ozzies going to go about this. Idedibo (sp?) was just resigned and is about a not as good player as pollard. He hits hard but his coverage isn't great like pollards. With have Christian Thompson, but don't know if he can take reeds spot. I hope reed comes back though....

I want Pollard. Hope the Niners look his way although if John H. is his reference, idk about that. Dude honestly, I don't want Ed Reed unless he's willing to play the mentor role. The guy is always hurt. Don't get me wrong, he's great and all but he's just so injury prone.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 14th 2013, 1:33 am

Nef77 wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:I dunno. I always thought Boldin was always in Fitz's shadow and he had a chance to shine in Balti but never really became one of those ELITE WRs every1 wants. Its he better than %75 of the WRs out there? Would I want him on the pats? Yup and yup.

There ya go...and congrats on Amendola. Welker was a nobody until Brady was his QB. Amendola tore us up when he was healthy.
I dont want him. I want Welker back god dammit
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 March 14th 2013, 3:32 am

Nef77 wrote:Nope, I'm over the Super Bowl. Just stuck on why one guy and his contract is more important than the rest of the team. See that list of players you are losing. Yeah that's when the Flacco cap space is "team friendly". Watch when one guy accounts for 30 MIL!!!! lol.

what part of he was going to get cut dont you understand???
what part of him being old and on 1 year dont you understand???
a 6th rounder is more then nothing, what part of that dont you understand???

Also Flacco favours Pitta a lil bit more then Boldin lol.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum