Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition

+4
Willbacker
BaltRavensFan20
S
MaddMatter
8 posters

Go down

Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition  Empty Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition

Post  MaddMatter December 16th 2013, 10:24 am

Can someone explain to me why the media makes us love/hate certain players. The media fucking bamboozles the fuck out of people to alter reality.

Here are some examples.

Tim Tebow- For some reason some people thought he was a God at quarterback. No the motherfucker sucked.

Ndamukong Suh: Known as a dirty player on and off the field, because of the media's attack on him. No one likes to mention all the good things he does, or how he helps QBs/ RBs up after a play. (actually interesting article on this http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10033294/a-13-step-guide-trashing-ndamukong-suh-nfl-most-eloquent-incendiary-bad-guy)

But I am stumped on this one the most. I didn't watch the GB-Dallas game, I woke up and saw Dallas was up 26-3 or something like that, fell back asleep and woke up to see the final 2 minutes.

Why is this Romo's fault?

I had to go on PFF and look up some numbers

Tony Romo 4th quarter since 2008:
512-799 64.1% 6564 Yards 52TD 16INT

Drew Brees in that same span:
589-926 63.6% 7076Yards 51TD 26INT

Romo 4th quarter since 2008 while down between 1-7 points

178-291 61.2% 2116 Yards 13TD 6INT

Drew Brees?:
295-445 66.3% 3633Yards 35TD 15INT

Brees has thrown a lot more TD's but also has almost 3x the amount of INT's

So Tony Romo isn't as good as Drew Brees, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

But Romo's numbers look pretty similar to another QB that the media LOVES.

I'll let you guys figure it out:

XXXXXXX Player, 2008-2013 4th quarter trailing by 7 or less.

229-374 61.2% 2663 Yards 18TD 7INT

I'm just saying, I think instead of blaming this loss on Romo, how about we blame it on people who deserve it, you know like the defense giving up 20 points in the 4th quarter. and 14 in the last 5 minutes.

I think Romo this year is unbelievable. 29 Tds to 9INT

The Cowboys are what, 7-7? With the 2nd worse defense OF ALL TIME! The fact that they are even .500 is crazy. And outside of Dez Bryant, who are their main weapons?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition  Empty Re: Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition

Post  S December 16th 2013, 12:07 pm

Romo has been great. I think he's really underrated. BUT this dude definitely did sit up there and throw 2 ints in the 4th yesterday. Say what you want about the defense giving up those points. But you just can't throw them back on the field like that after giving the Pack all that momentum.
I don't know what to believe.

Anywho yeah the media paints these false pics of the guys around the league. Its like some personal vendetta they have when the player starts succeeding and they thought other things would happen. Like with Cam they swear Cam had some sophomore slump last year when in reality his numbers were around the same if not better than they were his rookie year. Yeah his post game conferences could have been a little better. But shit when we're losing games the way we were losing them I don't blame him for being pissed off. It took the announcers less than 2 mins to talk about Cam "maturing" in yesterdays game.

Now when you look at Tom Brady...We all know how Brady acts but everyone just kind of ignores because he's the NFL's golden boy (understandably). But a couple weeks back when we played them on monday night and the refs picked up the flag and he chased the ref off the field like he did. If that was Cam oh boy. Skip Bayless is always talking about how Cam celebrates after running first downs, Brady does the same shit how come he doesn't say anything about him.

Eh idk double standards I guess
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 December 16th 2013, 1:48 pm

S wrote:Romo has been great. I think he's really underrated. BUT this dude definitely did sit up there and throw 2 ints in the 4th yesterday. Say what you want about the defense giving up those points. But you just can't throw them back on the field like that after giving the Pack all that momentum.
I don't know what to believe.

Anywho yeah the media paints these false pics of the guys around the league. Its like some personal vendetta they have when the player starts succeeding and they thought other things would happen. Like with Cam they swear Cam had some sophomore slump last year when in reality his numbers were around the same if not better than they were his rookie year. Yeah his post game conferences could have been a little better. But shit when we're losing games the way we were losing them I don't blame him for being pissed off. It took the announcers less than 2 mins to talk about Cam "maturing" in yesterdays game.

Now when you look at Tom Brady...We all know how Brady acts but everyone just kind of ignores because he's the NFL's golden boy (understandably). But a couple weeks back when we played them on monday night and the refs picked up the flag and he chased the ref off the field like he did. If that was Cam oh boy. Skip Bayless is always talking about how Cam celebrates after running first downs, Brady does the same shit how come he doesn't say anything about him.

Eh idk double standards I guess

I've never liked Brady because of this. Its one thing to argue a flag to a ref, its another to act like a child doing it. Its like every time something doesn't go Bradys way, he throws a temper tantrum. It annoys the heck out of me, guess that's what happens when you let the "goldenboy" status go to your head....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 16th 2013, 5:33 pm

Romo's stats are surprizing but the thing is did he throw most of his TDs in the beginning of the qtr and throw his picks when the game is on the line. Did he throw his TDs against inferior opponents when the game coulda already been in the bag. To me Romo is just not clutch. As for media bias there definitly is. One thing I've learned bout the media is I like the movies critics don't. Opinions are like assholes. Eveyone's got one except some people have a bigger podium.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 December 17th 2013, 1:47 am

One thing i found interesting is that the Cowboys were passing in the 4th quarter against one of the worst defenses against the runs.

Now i didnt watch the game but i'd hazard to guess that that Offensive Coordinator is going to be in the Unemployment line in about two weeks.

But i completely understand media biasness. The Seahawks are on the negative side of that quite often. Not so much this year but they do typically only cover Sherman's on field antics but dont really cover what he does off the field. That and they do overly praise Wilson's off field stuff to. By now everyone already knows that Wilson visits a children's hospital every thursday. At this point its starting to get like Chinese water drop torture.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 17th 2013, 8:08 am

Drew Brees?:
295-445 66.3% 3633Yards 35TD 15INT

them numbers says it all lol
with the game on the line 1 guy seems the crumble under the pressure while another guy keeps doing what he is doing.

people are to caught up in the numbers without actually looking at where the numbers come from.

Romo might not throw many picks and his stats look amazing but when he turns the ball over its usually kills his team hope of winning.

TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy December 17th 2013, 9:49 am

Media Hate/ Biasness Romo Edition  Tonyromo9

Seriously, the defense wouldnt have given up 20+ in the 4th if Romo didnt give GB the ball back two extra times either.

He just doesnt have the "big game" or "big spot" talent/skill or what ever. he just cant get it done when the pressure is on. Hes just not that guy. Hence the reason they havent won shit since hes been there. Champions find ways to win when the pressure is on. Romo just isnt that guy and the sooner Dallas fans figure that out, the better for them.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 17th 2013, 1:12 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Tom Brady Player, 2008-2013 4th quarter trailing by 7 or less.

There you guys go

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 17th 2013, 1:34 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Tom Brady Player, 2008-2013 4th quarter trailing by 7 or less.

There you guys go

so let me first ask this.
how many games are these stats based on?

romo seems to be in the position alot more then brady lol.

he also seems to end up with the W alot more then romo.

again going by just the numbers you might have a point but unless you are proffessorError you should know better then only lookin at stats.
i have yet to see brady throw a game away that was lookin like a certified win at some point lol.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 17th 2013, 6:52 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:. Romo just isnt that guy and the sooner Dallas fans figure that out, the better for them.
Lol I don't know many people down here that would disagree with you, but I'd rather have Romo and battle for a playoff spot every year than not and battle for the number one pick in the draft every year. Honestly, anyone who follows the Cowboys and watches the games knows Romo's the least of our problems, if anything he's the only thing separating us from being the perennial laughing stock of the league every year. Until the Cowboys get better management and coaching, and get away from the America's team stupid drama shit and just be a fucking football team, no quarterbacks going to do shit for this organization. Say what you will about Romo, but for everything he's done for this pathetic team, I have nothing but good to say about him.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 18th 2013, 3:04 am

ccdog23 wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:. Romo just isnt that guy and the sooner Dallas fans figure that out, the better for them.
Lol I don't know many people down here that would disagree with you, but I'd rather have Romo and battle for a playoff spot every year than not and battle for the number one pick in the draft every year. Honestly, anyone who follows the Cowboys and watches the games knows Romo's the least of our problems, if anything he's the only thing separating us from being the perennial laughing stock of the league every year. Until the Cowboys get better management and coaching, and get away from the America's team stupid drama shit and just be a fucking football team, no quarterbacks going to do shit for this organization. Say what you will about Romo, but for everything he's done for this pathetic team, I have nothing but good to say about him.

so how many times have you guys actually earned that play off spot you seemed to be battling for?
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 18th 2013, 3:09 am

TRU11 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

so how many times have you guys actually earned that play off spot you seemed to be battling for?
Way to completely miss the point of that entire post.Like this is what pisses me off being a non- biased Cowboys fan, I make a post that basically shits on my entire team that I've rooted for since I was a little kid. I don't blow Romo up, I don't give him any praise besides the truth, and somehow someone wants to make it out that I'm acting like the Cowboys are something they aren't. They've seemingly battled for? Here, let me do something stupid and completely unnecessary and do something meaningless and post how we battled for playoff spots since Romo was our QB.
2006- made playoffs
2007- made playoffs
2008- famous eagles game, still were in position for playoffs
2009- made playoffs
2010- we fucking sucked, Romo played in 6 games this year
2011- once again lost in last game of the year that determined playoff spot
2012- Yet again lose last game of the year that determined playoff spot
2013- looks like it'll be last game of the year that determines playoff spot
So, yeah, obviously we've only made it 3 times, but don't try and act like the Cowboys haven't been competitive with Romo as QB. The one year we didn't contend, or as you would put it seemingly contend, was when we didn't have the guy. Like I said, it's pretty dumb having to post near playoff makes but people seem to love and take low blows towards the Cowboys, and it pisses me off.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 18th 2013, 8:26 am

ccdog23 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

Way to completely miss the point of that entire post.Like this is what pisses me off being a non- biased Cowboys fan, I make a post that basically shits on my entire team that I've rooted for since I was a little kid. I don't blow Romo up, I don't give him any praise besides the truth, and somehow someone wants to make it out that I'm acting like the Cowboys are something they aren't. They've seemingly battled for? Here, let me do something stupid and completely unnecessary and do something meaningless and post how we battled for playoff spots since Romo was our QB.
2006- made playoffs
2007- made playoffs
2008- famous eagles game, still were in position for playoffs
2009- made playoffs
2010- we fucking sucked, Romo played in 6 games this year
2011- once again lost in last game of the year that determined playoff spot
2012- Yet again lose last game of the year that determined playoff spot
2013- looks like it'll be last game of the year that determines playoff spot
So, yeah, obviously we've only made it 3 times, but don't try and act like the Cowboys haven't been competitive with Romo as QB. The one year we didn't contend, or as you would put it seemingly contend, was when we didn't have the guy. Like I said, it's pretty dumb having to post near playoff makes but people seem to love and take low blows towards the Cowboys, and it pisses me off.

so how many of those last games of the seasons did romo choke away?
how many times in the play offs did he choke away?

again when the pressure is on he crumbles...

he might not be the problem but he doesent look like the solution either.
unless you are someone who loves to be let down after being so close each time lol.

maybe you getting kicks of being let down lol.
hey everyone has their own certain fetish.
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 18th 2013, 12:15 pm

Let me try to make this clearer for you, because either there's a language barrier or you just lack reading skills. No one is saying Romo has a track record for being a clutch QB, no one is saying he doesn't fuck up at the worst times, what I've been clearly saying is that I'd rather be at least put in those situations where I have a reason to watch my favorite team play than if we had one of those true losing QBs we had before Romo and just watch to see how high of a draft pick we'll have every year. And to your little fetish comment, I'm pretty sure any real fan of a team would rather have their team at least contend for a playoff spot every year and lose in the end than not contend at all.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 18th 2013, 2:13 pm

ccdog23 wrote:Let me try to make this clearer for you, because either there's a language barrier or you just lack reading skills. No one is saying Romo has a track record for being a clutch QB, no one is saying he doesn't fuck up at the worst times, what I've been clearly saying is that I'd rather be at least put in those situations where I have a reason to watch my favorite team play than if we had one of those true losing QBs we had before Romo and just watch to see how high of a draft pick we'll have every year. And to your little fetish comment, I'm pretty sure any real fan of a team would rather have their team at least contend for a playoff spot every year and lose in the end than not contend at all.

I don't know. It hurts more when you lose and lose because you suck. But I get pissed to the point I don't want to talk when you have a good team and lose.

Kind of a double edged sword, do I want to be depressed, or be so pissed off that I get depressed for thinking we even had a shot

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 18th 2013, 3:07 pm

When Jerry Jones hires a real GM and not a puppet the Cowboys could remerge and be a force. The successful Aikman years should be mostly contributed to Jimmy Johnson but Jones started sticking his nose in more and more therefore forcing Johnson to leave. Notice he wouldn't even leave Parcells alone and he's the one that discovered Romo. Then they draft a bunch of 3-4 man to man players on D and Jones brilliantly goes out and hires Kiffin a cover 2 DC. There is no under DT like Sapp or a hard hitting Safety like Lynch on the Cowboys team right now. This team was doomed from the beginning at least for this year.

Romo is a great statboy kinda like Rivers,Ryan and Stafford but stats won't win you any championships. Romo's not going anywhere tho cuz GM the Great resigned him to a megamillion multiyear contract at the beginning of the year. Least next year the Boys won't be under the cap penalty they're under this year and hopefully they can draft well and sign a couple key free agents to fit Kiffins style of D. Most of the problems this year is the D but Romo has also blown several clutch situation ballgames.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 18th 2013, 5:49 pm

Willbacker wrote:When Jerry Jones hires a real GM and not a puppet the Cowboys could remerge and be a force. The successful Aikman years should be mostly contributed to Jimmy Johnson but Jones started sticking his nose in more and more therefore forcing Johnson to leave. Notice he wouldn't even leave Parcells alone and he's the one that discovered Romo. Then they draft a bunch of 3-4 man to man players on D and Jones brilliantly goes out and hires Kiffin a cover 2 DC. There is no under DT like Sapp or a hard hitting Safety like Lynch on the Cowboys team right now. This team was doomed from the beginning at least for this year.

Romo is a great statboy kinda like Rivers,Ryan and Stafford but stats won't win you any championships. Romo's not going anywhere tho cuz GM the Great resigned him to a megamillion multiyear contract at the beginning of the year. Least next year the Boys won't be under the cap penalty they're under this year and hopefully they can draft well and sign a couple key free agents to fit Kiffins style of D. Most of the problems this year is the D but Romo has also blown several clutch situation ballgames.
I agree completely, the problem is Jerry more than anything. I really don't think the Cowboys will do anything while he's in charge, just too many stupid decisions.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 19th 2013, 8:38 am

ccdog23 wrote:Let me try to make this clearer for you, because either there's a language barrier or you just lack reading skills. No one is saying Romo has a track record for being a clutch QB, no one is saying he doesn't fuck up at the worst times, what I've been clearly saying is that I'd rather be at least put in those situations where I have a reason to watch my favorite team play than if we had one of those true losing QBs we had before Romo and just watch to see how high of a draft pick we'll have every year. And to your little fetish comment, I'm pretty sure any real fan of a team would rather have their team at least contend for a playoff spot every year and lose in the end than not contend at all.

ccdog23 wrote:
Lol I don't know many people down here that would disagree with you, but I'd rather have Romo and battle for a playoff spot every year than not and battle for the number one pick in the draft every year. Honestly, anyone who follows the Cowboys and watches the games knows Romo's the least of our problems, if anything he's the only thing separating us from being the perennial laughing stock of the league every year. Until the Cowboys get better management and coaching, and get away from the America's team stupid drama shit and just be a fucking football team, no quarterbacks going to do shit for this organization. Say what you will about Romo, but for everything he's done for this pathetic team, I have nothing but good to say about him..

yeah your reply to RS had nothing to do with blaiming everyone except Romo for the cowboys sucking it up so much Rolling Eyes 

Im questioning what Romo has actually done for the cowboys except of padding his stats and then throwing away when it counts.

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 December 20th 2013, 12:59 am

Like I don't get what point you're trying to make. In no part of that did I say it's everyone's fault but Romo's, I was merely pointing out for all the blame he gets it's not fair, especially when you consider all the other weaknesses on this team. I'm trying to point out, once again, that for all the people who blame Romo for the Cowboys' problems, they need to realize that without him this team is probably one of the worst in the league. I'll tell you right now I don't think Romo will win a championship,but this team has a lot of other needs that are much bigger than the QB spot. Just because I said he's the least of our problems, doesn't mean I don't think he is a problem, but there's a lot more pressing issues on this team, hence why I said he's the least of our problems.You can keep trying to twist what I say, but I'm done with this conversation with you.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum