Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft 2014

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
TRU11
S
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
Willbacker
MaddMatter
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft 2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2014

Post  S February 4th 2014, 6:54 pm

WR, CB, and OL are right. Right now our only WRs under contract are Smitty and some dude named Marvin McNutt. Smitty isn't the same and McNutt is irrelevant so we basically have no receivers. I'll be mad if we don't go WR in either the first or second this year.

S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 4th 2014, 7:03 pm

S wrote:

WR, CB, and OL are right. Right now our only WRs under contract are Smitty and some dude named Marvin McNutt. Smitty isn't the same and McNutt is irrelevant so we basically have no receivers. I'll be mad if we don't go WR in either the first or second this year.

Marvin McNutt was a beast at Iowa. I'm actually really surprised he hasn't panned out.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 4th 2014, 7:29 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
S wrote:

Marvin McNutt was a beast at Iowa. I'm actually really surprised he hasn't panned out.
Yeah I knew he was a baller at Iowa and he showed like one flash this year when he mossed some dude in the endzone but was out of bounds but he aint done shit yet so..irrelevant until proven otherwise
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 5th 2014, 12:03 am

They say the browns need a rb but from what i saw of them, they have a community of rbs that arent game breakers but dont need to go get a 1st/2nd round guy. you see a tone of late round guys develop into pretty consistent runners.

they need O-line help with joe thomas and they need some mother fuckers at LB for depth. Maybe another corner. A wr to help gordon. They don't have a ton of holes but the need some help and solid coaching to go 8-8
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 6th 2014, 10:41 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:They say the browns need a rb but from what i saw of them, they have a community of rbs that arent game breakers but dont need to go get a 1st/2nd round guy. you see a tone of late round guys develop into pretty consistent runners.

they need O-line help with joe thomas and they need some mother fuckers at LB for depth. Maybe another corner. A wr to help gordon. They don't have a ton of holes but the need some help and solid coaching to go 8-8

Nope. Regular guys just will not do. Razz 
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2014, 12:11 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:They say the browns need a rb but from what i saw of them, they have a community of rbs that arent game breakers but dont need to go get a 1st/2nd round guy. you see a tone of late round guys develop into pretty consistent runners.

the browns weren't bad on defense this year. they have a couple dudes up front and guys in the secondary with some experience. LB though is tough because they are getting old and slow. They look out of place more often then not.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 6th 2014, 3:04 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

the browns weren't bad on defense this year. they have a couple dudes up front and guys in the secondary with some experience. LB though is tough because they are getting old and slow. They look out of place more often then not.

The new regime fires their coach after one year. They were the last ones to hire an HC claiming they wanted to interview everyone then hire a coach whose team didn't even enter the playoffs. Funny quote from Dan Quinn the DC of the Seahawks. " If they had offered me the job I would've taken it". One bad move the new regime did was overpaying for Paul Kruger. That's why the Browns need help at LB.

The 1st thing the Browns better do is get a QB.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2014, 4:09 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

The new regime fires their coach after one year. They were the last ones to hire an HC claiming they wanted to interview everyone then hire a coach whose team didn't even enter the playoffs. Funny quote from Dan Quinn the DC of the Seahawks. " If they had offered me the job I would've taken it". One bad move the new regime did was overpaying for Paul Kruger. That's why the Browns need help at LB.

thats a given. i took issue with the fact the NFL article said the browns need a fucking RB...they dont really need one. they have 3-4 guys who are good enough
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 6th 2014, 5:38 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

thats a given. i took issue with the fact the NFL article said the browns need a fucking RB...they dont really need one. they have 3-4 guys who are good enough

OK I just read the article. I took a quick look at what the Browns have on their roster now. They have McGahee and 2 2nd year guys named Fozzy Whitaker and Edwin Baker. Never heard of the last 2 guys and McGahee is getting pretty creaky so they probally do need a back they just don't have to do it at the top of the draft. Gonna have to get my draft hat on and checking out whats out there. Right now I can't tell you what RBs are in the draft and whether or not they're worth taking with 2nd 1st or their 2nd pick.

I do agree with what they said bout the Ravens tho except we need more. They could add TE and FS to the list. Lol
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2014, 6:13 pm

RB is probably from a scheme stand point the easiest position to play in the NFL because all you do is set up blocks and just run like a mother fucker. Its a weird position, you have to be athletic but its more just not screwing up. If you can get a great RB, get him, with what the browns are and the trent richardson situation, i say wait it out.

QB - weeden is a mess fundamentally and showed almost no promise or skill
LB - need athletes
WR - You have gordon and a couple slot guys
TE - cameron needs help
OG,C,RT - the oline is shit with the exception of thomas
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 6th 2014, 7:25 pm

Edwin Baker went to Michigan State a couple of years ago, I believe he was the starter before Bell.

I'm starting to think
WR in round 1
Safety round 2
Corner round 3
Center round 4
OLB 5
DE 6
Kicker 7

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2014, 7:42 pm

you should really draft by best player available/need. you guys are like middle-ish 1st round so all the top WRs might be gone by then. You can probably get a WR 2nd round or move up in the 1st. still a ton of time till the draft so you never know.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 6th 2014, 10:38 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:you should really draft by best player available/need. you guys are like middle-ish 1st round so all the top WRs might be gone by then. You can probably get a WR 2nd round or move up in the 1st. still a ton of time till the draft so you never know.
yeah this is how it should be for all teams otherwise you end up reaching for players that can be had later
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2014, 3:15 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:you should really draft by best player available/need. you guys are like middle-ish 1st round so all the top WRs might be gone by then. You can probably get a WR 2nd round or move up in the 1st. still a ton of time till the draft so you never know.

We draft 10th..........

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 7th 2014, 10:18 am

MaddMatter wrote:

We draft 10th..........

ah, 7-9 i was expecting 13-15
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 7th 2014, 9:44 pm

word on the street is the jets will be looking to get a few FA wrs. like big names and shit. They are cutting Holmes (yay!) and that alone clears up almost 9 million. We also have cap penalties ending + sanchez getting cut its like 40 million of cap room.

I'd be happy with 2-3 FA wrs, 1 drafted WR, and work on the Oline as well. defense is good enough. You have a rex ryan defense with an offense that can get 24-27 points. It becomes a very very very very good team
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 8th 2014, 9:19 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:word on the street is the jets will be looking to get a few FA wrs. like big names and shit. They are cutting Holmes (yay!) and that alone clears up almost 9 million. We also have cap penalties ending + sanchez getting cut its like 40 million of cap room.

I'd be happy with 2-3 FA wrs, 1 drafted WR, and work on the Oline as well. defense is good enough. You have a rex ryan defense with an offense that can get 24-27 points. It becomes a very very very very good team

Jets cut Holmes,Sanchez,Cromartie...Jets add Maclin,Sanders and Talib..SuperBowl here we COME!!!! oh and maybe add Mcfadden
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 8th 2014, 10:03 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:word on the street is the jets will be looking to get a few FA wrs. like big names and shit. They are cutting Holmes (yay!) and that alone clears up almost 9 million. We also have cap penalties ending + sanchez getting cut its like 40 million of cap room.

Jets cut Holmes,Sanchez,Cromartie...Jets add Maclin,Sanders and Talib..SuperBowl here we COME!!!!  oh and maybe add Mcfadden
Then you turn off the playstation
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 8th 2014, 3:17 pm

S wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Jets cut Holmes,Sanchez,Cromartie...Jets add Maclin,Sanders and Talib..SuperBowl here we COME!!!!  oh and maybe add Mcfadden

I heard Ray Lewis un-retires in 2016 and comes back for the Bills!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 8th 2014, 4:51 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
S wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I heard Ray Lewis un-retires in 2016 and comes back for the Bills!

He does unretired, didn't see what team signed him, he came back while I was playing the player connected career.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 30th 2014, 10:40 am

Lions got 2 extra 4th round picks due to Cliff Avril and Gosder Cherilus.

Justice.....

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 30th 2014, 12:27 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Lions got 2 extra 4th round picks due to Cliff Avril and Gosder Cherilus.

Justice.....

Always nice. Ravens snagged 4 comp picks. A 3rd,two 4ths and a 5th. Probally be around the same next year with the losses of A Jones,Ihedigbo,Oher andCorey Graham. All signed pretty nice deals.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 12th 2014, 9:51 am

I think the Lions are smokescreening the shit out of everyone with Watkins.

I think we could argue that 3, maybe 4 QB's could go in the top 9 picks.

Maybe the Lions are trying to get someone to trade with St. Louis to take Watkins so that Mack/Barr can fall to them.

I think the Lions are looking at Khalil Mack if they trade up.

Also, I heard one of the ESPN mock drafts had Barr go like 39th. I was like "lol whut?"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 12th 2014, 1:20 pm

I dont see them taking a WR in the first. They got Tate and Johnson as it is, why pick Watkins who would prob get little playing time with those two?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 12th 2014, 3:52 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I dont see them taking a WR in the first. They got Tate and Johnson as it is, why pick Watkins who would prob get little playing time with those two?

Little playing time?

His HC, coached Peyton Manning and his OC coached Drew Brees

Plus it's the new NFL, 3 WR sets are the norm.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next