Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

French Open 2011

5 posters

Go down

French Open 2011 Empty French Open 2011

Post  Pintsizedjark May 24th 2011, 8:19 pm

Does anyone care about it? I usually watch all four grand slams each year but this year ESPN has been unkind by not playing anything live..its all recorded when we can finally see it and I just can't watch any sport when its recorded

but anyway the favorites are obviously Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer respectively...today Nadal was pushed to five sets by John Isner and Tomas Berdych(6th in the world, defeated Federer early in Wimbledon last year) was eliminated in the first round.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

French Open 2011 Empty Re: French Open 2011

Post  at23steelers May 24th 2011, 9:17 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:Does anyone care about it? I usually watch all four grand slams each year but this year ESPN has been unkind by not playing anything live..its all recorded when we can finally see it and I just can't watch any sport when its recorded

but anyway the favorites are obviously Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer respectively...today Nadal was pushed to five sets by John Isner and Tomas Berdych(6th in the world, defeated Federer early in Wimbledon last year) was eliminated in the first round.

Tennis is my sport bro!! You can watch live coverage on tennis channel. So far it's been pretty interesting. I am hoping Murray or Nadal wins.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 24th 2011, 9:58 pm

at23steelers wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:Does anyone care about it? I usually watch all four grand slams each year but this year ESPN has been unkind by not playing anything live..its all recorded when we can finally see it and I just can't watch any sport when its recorded

Tennis is my sport bro!! You can watch live coverage on tennis channel. So far it's been pretty interesting. I am hoping Murray or Nadal wins.

I don't get the Tennis channel(even though I have every other major sports network)...and its not worth paying for if I'm only going to spend around eight weeks a year on it.

and Murray will never win a grand slam, maybe if he was around in a different era things would be different but he'll always be a level below Federer, Nadal, and now Djokovic.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 25th 2011, 12:52 am

mmmmmm wozniacki

delish
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 25th 2011, 8:32 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:mmmmmm wozniacki

delish

I thought Kuznetsova or Schiavone would be more your type.

French Open 2011 Ten_g_kuznetsova1_580

French Open 2011 Fs
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb May 25th 2011, 10:02 am

I really don't like Murray, just an angry Scottish wanker really
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 25th 2011, 11:03 am

Murray is my homie.

I want him to win a Grand Slam. I do believe he'll win one eventually. He's only like 23 or something. So he has plenty of time.

He's actually won more minor tournaments than Tim Henman ever did and Tim Henman was out #1 tennis player for 10 years. Hell, Murray has actually been to a Grand Slam final, unlike Henman.

I don't care who wins the Men's event as long as it's not Federer or Djordick.

As for the Womens event...I only watch it cos it has some hot looking girls in short skirts lol (I don't mean the Williams sisters).
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 25th 2011, 4:14 pm

MUTANT! wrote:I want him to win a Grand Slam. I do believe he'll win one eventually. He's only like 23 or something. So he has plenty of time.

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are both 24 so as soon as Federer retires they will be the ones winning all of the grand slams..Murray will be like Andy Roddick, decent.. but plagued with playing in the same era as some all-time greats.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 25th 2011, 4:25 pm

MUTANT! wrote:Murray is my homie.

I want him to win a Grand Slam. I do believe he'll win one eventually. He's only like 23 or something. So he has plenty of time.

He's actually won more minor tournaments than Tim Henman ever did and Tim Henman was out #1 tennis player for 10 years. Hell, Murray has actually been to a Grand Slam final, unlike Henman.

I don't care who wins the Men's event as long as it's not Federer or Djordick.

As for the Womens event...I only watch it cos it has some hot looking girls in short skirts lol (I don't mean the Williams sisters).

I like how we both used to hate Murray, but now we both like him lol. He's the player I try to imitate when playing tennis. I just like the way he plays the game. Almost all the top players now are counter-punchers. Nadal, Joker, Murray, Wozniacki to name a few.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 25th 2011, 4:43 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
MUTANT! wrote:I want him to win a Grand Slam. I do believe he'll win one eventually. He's only like 23 or something. So he has plenty of time.

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are both 24 so as soon as Federer retires they will be the ones winning all of the grand slams..Murray will be like Andy Roddick, decent.. but plagued with playing in the same era as some all-time greats.

If that happened, it'd be bloody terrible.

We've already had 10 years of Federer winning everything. Do we have to have another 10 years of Nadal and Djorkovic winning everything too?

Sampras won 14 Slams in 15 years. Federer has won 16 already and he's only 29. I reckon he'll win a couple more before he retires. Plus, Sampras never won the French Open.

@Steelers - Yeah. It's even funnier cos I used to hate Nadal as well but I don't mind him as much anymore. I think he might have stopped faffing about with his socks or something. But yeah, he's OK now.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 25th 2011, 4:57 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:

If that happened, it'd be bloody terrible.

We've already had 10 years of Federer winning everything. Do we have to have another 10 years of Nadal and Djorkovic winning everything too?

Sampras won 14 Slams in 15 years. Federer has won 16 already and he's only 29. I reckon he'll win a couple more before he retires. Plus, Sampras never won the French Open.

@Steelers - Yeah. It's even funnier cos I used to hate Nadal as well but I don't mind him as much anymore. I think he might have stopped faffing about with his socks or something. But yeah, he's OK now.

People always dislike my favorite tennis players. It's cool. I like Nadal, Murray, Monfils, Blake, Gasquet the best in that order. For women I like Stosur, Wozniacki, Clijsters, Sharapova, Ana Ivonovic the best in that order.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 26th 2011, 8:10 am

Got to chuckle at British Eurosport.

They've got the main coverage for the French Open and I was watching some a while ago.

Ticker bar pops up at the bottom of the screen with something like "the #1 place for French Open".

If that's true, why are they showing the same match on both their channels? They got Clijisters vs Rus on one channel and on the other....it's Clijsters vs Rus. LOL.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 26th 2011, 9:56 am

i hate nadal. anyone who picks his ass and wear capris as much as he does, pisses me off
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 26th 2011, 4:10 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:i hate nadal. anyone who picks his ass and wear capris as much as he does, pisses me off

Everyone pisses you off!! Laughing He might be one of the most hated tennis players, even though he is humble, calm, and friendly to the media. He makes amazing shots with all the spin he puts on the ball.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 26th 2011, 5:15 pm

at23steelers wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:i hate nadal. anyone who picks his ass and wear capris as much as he does, pisses me off

Everyone pisses you off!! Laughing He might be one of the most hated tennis players, even though he is humble, calm, and friendly to the media. He makes amazing shots with all the spin he puts on the ball.

i hate everyone equally

i hate him because he is so annoying to watch. like he may seem humble but the way he carries him self on the court is so enraging. he picks his ass all the time, he wears capris and shit, he always has a fucked look on his face. i hate him. i like john isner though
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 27th 2011, 11:56 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Everyone pisses you off!! :FUCK YOU!: He might be one of the most hated tennis players, even though he is humble, calm, and friendly to the media. He makes amazing shots with all the spin he puts on the ball.

i hate everyone equally

i hate him because he is so annoying to watch. like he may seem humble but the way he carries him self on the court is so enraging. he picks his ass all the time, he wears capris and shit, he always has a fucked look on his face. i hate him. i like john isner though
of
He used to annoy he piss out of me as well.

At every serve he made, he'd call for his towl and wipe his face. Then he'd fiddle with his socks then he'd spend a week boucning the ball . Finally after about a decade he'd serve. But then the process would start all over again at the next serve.

And he wears three-quarter length shorts which annoyed me as well. Either wear shorts or trousers, not something in between (I hate 3-qtr lenth shorts in general, not just Nadal wearing them).
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark June 1st 2011, 4:16 pm

well the semi's are all set up

Nadal
v
Murray

Djokovic
v
Federer

i'm hoping for Federer-Nadal because its always to fun to watch..and Federer has been sharp as of late and could contend for the title...on the women's side Sharapova seems to have it locked up, she's dominating and nobody great is left

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers June 1st 2011, 4:21 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:well the semi's are all set up

Nadal
v
Murray

Djokovic
v
Federer

i'm hoping for Federer-Nadal because its always to fun to watch..and Federer has been sharp as of late and could contend for the title...on the women's side Sharapova seems to have it locked up, she's dominating and nobody great is left

Are you kidding me? Li Na is a GREAT player. In fact, I win a prize if she wins the whole thing defeating Bartoli. Sharapova is inconsistent with her serve and on clay her footwork is often described as a "cow on ice." Not to mention the defending champion Schiavone is still in it. Not sure why you would deem Sharapova champ just yet, especially since it's impossible to predict anything dealing with the WTA. Conversely for the men, it is the top 4 seeds and see a Joker - Nadal final, but would not be shocked if Federer defeats the undefeated Joker.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark June 1st 2011, 5:15 pm

at23steelers wrote:

Nadal
v
Murray

Djokovic
v
Federer

Are you kidding me? Li Na is a GREAT player. In fact, I win a prize if she wins the whole thing defeating Bartoli. Sharapova is inconsistent with her serve and on clay her footwork is often described as a "cow on ice." Not to mention the defending champion Schiavone is still in it. Not sure why you would deem Sharapova champ just yet, especially since it's impossible to predict anything dealing with the WTA. Conversely for the men, it is the top 4 seeds and see a Joker - Nadal final, but would not be shocked if Federer defeats the undefeated Joker.

alright Li Na is decent, but I just don't think Schiavone is that good...I've watched several of Sharapova's matches this tournament...she seems unstoppable, but that's just my opinion.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark June 2nd 2011, 9:53 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Nadal
v
Murray

Djokovic
v
Federer

alright Li Na is decent, but I just don't think Schiavone is that good...I've watched several of Sharapova's matches this tournament...she seems unstoppable, but that's just my opinion.

Na defeated Sharapova in straight sets..how stupid do I look

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down