Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger"

4 posters

Go down

Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger" Empty Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger"

Post  tubbs51 February 15th 2014, 6:46 am

tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger" Empty Re: Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger"

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 15th 2014, 3:02 pm

Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger"

done. change the title please
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger" Empty Re: Ellen Page:"Gimmie some of dat fur-burger"

Post  MaddMatter February 15th 2014, 3:05 pm

Second domino to fall from the Michael Sam thing.

There will be more to come.

Then soon, no one will care and we won't have to hear about someone being gay again.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 15th 2014, 4:28 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Second domino to fall from the Michael Sam thing.

Then soon, no one will care and we won't have to hear about someone being gay again.

no. Being gay will always carry with it some stigma. 1877 when Jim Crows went up and 1964 the civil rights act brought those down, we still have racists don't we? It is 2014 and we are just getting to our 1964 act but with gays added to protection.

We will remain having extremely conservative people and extremely religious folks do their best to prevent Gays from getting legal protection from their actions and beliefs. Most people don't care much the way most people didn't care in 1964 about blacks. It is an extremely vocal minority that keep bringing it up when we encounter one small thing that ends up going to court.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 15th 2014, 4:30 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Second domino to fall from the Michael Sam thing.

No, unfortunately we still will... We still hear about racism today don't we? and we thought everything was cool with that, yet it isn't...

The thing with our country is, since we are all so diverse with all different opinions, there will always be controversy, which will keep discussions on topics going for seemingly forever.

Oh, and the media is another issue...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 15th 2014, 5:36 pm

I was talking for the fact that there will be a huge announcement every time someone came out.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 15th 2014, 6:38 pm

MaddMatter wrote:I was talking for the fact that there will be a huge announcement every time someone came out.

Ohh, I'd say it would depend though, on how popular the person is and if that person feels it should be a big announcement. Who knows though.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 16th 2014, 3:40 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:I was talking for the fact that there will be a huge announcement every time someone came out.

Ohh, I'd say it would depend though, on how popular the person is and if that person feels it should be a big announcement. Who knows though.

You are never going to see like George Clooney type A+ list celebs and shit. You'll see some C's and couple B's. A list folks have too much too lose most likely. Which is weird because you see Mike Sam get endorsement deal offers before he is even drafted because he is gay.

I hope gay kids get that being gay isn't something you should kill your self over. Celebs and Athletes being out will probably help ease the suicide rate on gay teens and adults. Ellen Page probably just saved a few folks lives because they say "hey, shes gay and she can say she isn't afraid to, maybe i can too"

^sounds sappy and shit but its most likely true
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 16th 2014, 4:50 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

You are never going to see like George Clooney type A+ list celebs and shit. You'll see some C's and couple B's. A list folks have too much too lose most likely. Which is weird because you see Mike Sam get endorsement deal offers before he is even drafted because he is gay.

I hope gay kids get that being gay isn't something you should kill your self over. Celebs and Athletes being out will probably help ease the suicide rate on gay teens and adults. Ellen Page probably just saved a few folks lives because they say "hey, shes gay and she can say she isn't afraid to, maybe i can too"

^sounds sappy and shit but its most likely true

It is true.

We had to work with the LBGT last semester for my sport ethic class. They said that the suicide rate for gay teens is extremely high. So hopefully with these big name people (actor/athlete) coming out, these teens wont be afraid to do the same. Hopefully we see the suicide rate drop.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 16th 2014, 3:50 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Is it bad that i pictured a huge athlete having a LBJ "The Decision" type announcement?

But yeah LGBT will still carry a stigma because the south is still very much ignorantly religious along with a few northern states (Idaho, Colorado, Montana, etc etc).
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 16th 2014, 3:53 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Is it bad that i pictured a huge athlete having a LBJ "The Decision" type announcement?

But yeah LGBT will still carry a stigma because the south is still very much ignorantly religious along with a few northern states (Idaho, Colorado, Montana, etc etc).

Uhh. wow. Tough decision but....I am going to take my genitals to man-ass
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum