Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Cheerleader pay

4 posters

Go down

NFL Cheerleader pay Empty NFL Cheerleader pay

Post  Willbacker June 24th 2014, 1:02 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-06-23/nfl-cheerleaders-lawsuit-oakland-raiders-raiderettes-buffalo-bills-jills-hbo-real-sports

Listening to NFL Radio this morning and this thing with the cheerleaders came up and took over the airwaves. Didn't realize they made so little and put so much time in.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

NFL Cheerleader pay Empty Re: NFL Cheerleader pay

Post  RSoxGuy June 26th 2014, 8:22 pm

i dnt feel bad. They dance. That is the job. There are what, 330 million ppl in this country? Lets say 1 million of them can dance. Thats 1 million potential employees. In theory, the market is flooded which drives down value. If Chevy only made 500 Vettes, then they could get $100k for them due to rarity. Cute dancers are a dime a dozen. No one is mad when Betty is cut from the squad and because of that wont watch games anymore or buy team gear. They just arent worth much. Do they have a tuff job? I suppose but there are much more jobs out there without perks like sunset photo shoots on the beach in Jamacia or flying all over the country to be drooled over by fans.

Tell your local roofer making $12 an hr in 97 degree heat on a 35 foot tall house on a windy day that cheerleaders are under paid.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 26th 2014, 9:00 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:i dnt feel bad. They dance. That is the job. There are what, 330 million ppl in this country? Lets say 1 million of them can dance. Thats 1 million potential employees. In theory, the market is flooded which drives down value. If Chevy only made 500 Vettes, then they could get $100k for them due to rarity. Cute dancers are a dime a dozen. No one is mad when Betty is cut from the squad and because of that wont watch games anymore or buy team gear. They just arent worth much. Do they have a tuff job? I suppose but there are much more jobs out there without perks like sunset photo shoots on the beach in Jamacia or flying all over the country to be drooled over by fans.

Tell your local roofer making $12 an hr in 97 degree heat on a 35 foot tall house on a windy day that cheerleaders are under paid.

Fuck that. Roofing is hard as shit in the heat. Hell on a one story house the fucking temperature on the roof is like 20-30 more on that bitch, besides the fact that you have to tear the shingles up and carry them to the edge of the roof and throw them in the dumpster. Fuck that.

On topic.

On one hand I understand them being pissed, but on the other hand, they don't have to do it. If enough people said "fuck this" then the Cheerleader organization would have to change their ways, but the fact is they get tons of women trying out every year.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm a Lions fan. (No cheerleaders.)

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker June 26th 2014, 10:02 pm

Roofing and laying blacktop. Ughh. No thanks.

If the Vikes don't have cheerleaders Then I don't think any NFC North team does. I know the Packers use volunteers from UWGB.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 26th 2014, 10:06 pm

Willbacker wrote:Roofing and laying blacktop. Ughh. No thanks.

If the Vikes don't have cheerleaders Then I don't think any NFC North team does. I know the Packers use volunteers from UWGB.

I think there's 5 or 6 teams without cheerleaders

Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland

Maybe one more team

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ June 26th 2014, 11:45 pm

off topic: i have been a roofer in Florida for 24 years..I am a Foreman but it took about 7 years to get there..yes it is HOT as a mutherfucker ...

on topic..do you guys think that being a cheerleader is thier only source of income? hell no it isnt, these chicks probably have modeling careers or are strippers...most of them do the cheerleading in hopes of hooking up with a well paid athlete and then they can spend his money.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker June 27th 2014, 4:32 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:off topic: i have been a roofer in Florida for 24 years..I am a Foreman but it took about 7 years to get there..yes it is HOT as a mutherfucker ...

You old fart. Smile
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ June 27th 2014, 4:44 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:off topic: i have been a roofer in Florida for 24 years..I am a Foreman but it took about 7 years to get there..yes it is HOT as a mutherfucker ...

You old fart. Smile

lol yep..but i still feel like a teenager at 41 Smile
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker June 27th 2014, 5:02 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

You old fart. Smile

Lol I just turned 48 but a young 48. Work 50-55 hrs a week and still going strong. Lovin life.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ June 27th 2014, 5:32 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

You old fart. Smile

Lol I just turned 48 but a young 48. Work 50-55 hrs a week and still going strong. Lovin life.

i hear that man, life dont start til 40
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum