Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Megan Fox Has Spoken!

+6
EPICxPENGUIN69
RSoxGuy
BaltRavensFan20
barneyb
Mutant
HurpDurpHurray
10 posters

Go down

Megan Fox Has Spoken! Empty Megan Fox Has Spoken!

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 31st 2011, 2:06 pm

HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Megan Fox Has Spoken! Empty Re: Megan Fox Has Spoken!

Post  Mutant May 31st 2011, 3:48 pm

Lol.

Look at the kids whos balls haven't dropped trying to justify camping as a tactic or a "skill" in the comments part.

In some cases it's a tactic, like camping the HQ in Call of Duty but in Megan's example it isn't.

Camping a fucking gravity lift with an energy sword and killing anyone who uses it is not skill and it's not a fucking tactic either because you're not using it to defend an objective.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb May 31st 2011, 3:55 pm

Yeah I have no idea what game she is talking about

But it is because of campers obsessed about their own stats rather than the playability of the game and the objectives that i have lost all interest in Call of duty
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 31st 2011, 4:01 pm

She's talking about Halo: Reach.

The energy sword is a melee weapon that's an insta-kill when used with the lunge attack. A gravity lift is just that, a lift that get's you to the upper parts of the map. You jump on the lift, it shoots you up, and some kid with the sword cuts you down before you can turn around or even react.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 31st 2011, 4:28 pm

Mutant wrote:She's talking about Halo: Reach.

The energy sword is a melee weapon that's an insta-kill when used with the lunge attack. A gravity lift is just that, a lift that get's you to the upper parts of the map. You jump on the lift, it shoots you up, and some kid with the sword cuts you down before you can turn around or even react.

Thats why sometimes I'll go backwards up it so I can see the corners when I come out. I take it she was talkng about sword base.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy May 31st 2011, 4:55 pm

bp_brien wrote:Yeah I have no idea what game she is talking about

But it is because of campers obsessed about their own stats rather than the playability of the game and the objectives that i have lost all interest in Call of duty
Ohh boy you and I would be best friends in objective games....

I have another buddy that when we are together can own Demo games. Every1 else just fuking spawn camps for kill steaks and K/D boners while my buddy and I end the game by actually playing. You know, for the win.

Its not TDM pussies, kills dont count toward the win jackasses.

My fav is in HQ when they kill all of us after capping the HQ. None of them are smart enough to come out of thier camp ground and breakdown the HQ so we can spawn. Nooooo they woudl rather hold thier corner of the map until the game kills teh HQ for them and they wonder why the game only lasta 6 minutes and they went 7-0 with 400 points while I went 6-6 with 2500 points, ohh, and the win.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 31st 2011, 4:57 pm

My thinking is that the more people I kill, the less people that are alive to take objectives, and thus allows my team to advance further into the map and take objectives or whatever.

Being a recon/sniper or whatever you wanna call it, I don't usually run into the firefight and start shooting, I stay back and eliminate targets. I just find ways to eliminate LOTS of targets.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 31st 2011, 5:25 pm

I got more enjoyment out of stuff people posted in response. Like she actually reads that shit?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 31st 2011, 5:34 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:I got more enjoyment out of stuff people posted in response. Like she actually reads that shit?

Some probably. But not all 10,000+ comments. She's got 25 million followers. She probably gets a shit load of replies seconds after posting a status.

They're all either enraged nerds who are trying to defend their cheap tactics/lack of skill or they're from people inviting her to sit on their faces.

Last edited by Mutant on May 31st 2011, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 31st 2011, 5:36 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:My thinking is that the more people I kill, the less people that are alive to take objectives, and thus allows my team to advance further into the map and take objectives or whatever.

Being a recon/sniper or whatever you wanna call it, I don't usually run into the firefight and start shooting, I stay back and eliminate targets. I just find ways to eliminate LOTS of targets.

That's good if it's just one guy. But when the entire team does that, ya it's annoying. I personally jump on every flag I can. I don't care how many times I died.

I think I've told this story before but I was playing Demolition and I died 66 times in the game. It was bad yes but I was planting the bomb. We ended up winning the game and afterwards, one guy was acting all cocky and called me out because I died 66 times. I planted the bombs and had 35 kills to go along with it. We won the game too, that's all that matters.

I wish it was like BFBC2 where you can't see the kills just the scores of everyone at the end of the game. That way, it wouldn't matter how many times you died, just how many points you scored
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb May 31st 2011, 5:43 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:

I have another buddy that when we are together can own Demo games. Every1 else just fuking spawn camps for kill steaks and K/D boners while my buddy and I end the game by actually playing. You know, for the win.

My fav is in HQ when they kill all of us after capping the HQ. None of them are smart enough to come out of thier camp ground and breakdown the HQ so we can spawn. Nooooo they woudl rather hold thier corner of the map until the game kills teh HQ for them and they wonder why the game only lasta 6 minutes and they went 7-0 with 400 points while I went 6-6 with 2500 points, ohh, and the win.

Kill streaks are leading to the death of decent tactical play on shooters. People are no longer going for whatever objective is required or playing for the team because they are one kill of an apache drone, satellite powered "laser beam" or whatever latest ridiculous idea the developers at Call of Duty have decided to implement.

Also to blame is the way XP is often almost the same for a kill and capturing an objective, meaning there is no incentive for the solo minded gamers who are obsessed with levelling up or comparing their KD ratios when it would be so much easier to sit in a corner and wait. I dont see how people get enjoyment out of that kind of thing.

Anyway rant, with the mandatory Austin Powers reference, over.
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 31st 2011, 5:46 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Being a recon/sniper or whatever you wanna call it, I don't usually run into the firefight and start shooting, I stay back and eliminate targets. I just find ways to eliminate LOTS of targets.

Please tell me you have the brains to switch classes when you realise there's too many snipers in a game? lol

There is nothing worse than playing Rush on BFBC2 as the ATTACKERS and finding you've got 8 snipers in a team of 12 who all want to stay at the base with a 12x scope and M95 and try and pick of enemies, whilst you and the other 4 guys with normal classes try and plant the bombs.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 31st 2011, 6:22 pm

my crew on Black Ops plays HC HQ quite alot. We typically have one or two "killers" whom rack up kill streaks to help in the capturing of HQs. An SR71 does fucking wonders when playing HC HQ. The other four are "Cappers/Defenders" whom cap, destroy, and defend HQs. we win 100% of the time unless we're missing a member or if lag is fucking horrible.

And why the fuck would they include Nuketown in a HC HQ playlist... the first team to cap wins pretty much... that map is a cluster fuck on TDM but on HC HQs is a fucking brain shattering, horrible spawn using, clusterfuck beyond anyones imagination.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 31st 2011, 6:36 pm

Mutant wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Being a recon/sniper or whatever you wanna call it, I don't usually run into the firefight and start shooting, I stay back and eliminate targets. I just find ways to eliminate LOTS of targets.

Please tell me you have the brains to switch classes when you realise there's too many snipers in a game? lol

There is nothing worse than playing Rush on BFBC2 as the ATTACKERS and finding you've got 8 snipers in a team of 12 who all want to stay at the base with a 12x scope and M95 and try and pick of enemies, whilst you and the other 4 guys with normal classes try and plant the bombs.

If I absolutely HAVE to switch classes, I will. But for the most part I am 100% recon because it's what I do best at and the only reason I play any shooters. However, I don't play BFBC2 like other Recons. I don't just set up and try to pick players off, most of my positions that I've found in this game are good for doing that AND covering the crates as well, so when you guys plant, I just call in a mortar strike and kill anyone trying to defuse. And not only that, but I also keep in mind that my squad might die so I try to position myself somewhere in between my spawn and the crates so they don't have to spawn that far away.

You'd really just have to play with me to see what I do. It works, like a motha fuckin charm.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 31st 2011, 9:38 pm

tubbs51 wrote:my crew on Black Ops plays HC HQ quite alot. We typically have one or two "killers" whom rack up kill streaks to help in the capturing of HQs. An SR71 does fucking wonders when playing HC HQ. The other four are "Cappers/Defenders" whom cap, destroy, and defend HQs. we win 100% of the time unless we're missing a member or if lag is fucking horrible.

And why the fuck would they include Nuketown in a HC HQ playlist... the first team to cap wins pretty much... that map is a cluster fuck on TDM but on HC HQs is a fucking brain shattering, horrible spawn using, clusterfuck beyond anyones imagination.

I killed a guy, then died.

He spawned right in front me me. The kill cam was "Spawn...oh look a gigantic face in the middle of my screen, shank"

I was pissed.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 31st 2011, 11:31 pm

bp_brien wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:

Kill streaks are leading to the death of decent tactical play on shooters. People are no longer going for whatever objective is required or playing for the team because they are one kill of an apache drone, satellite powered "laser beam" or whatever latest ridiculous idea the developers at Call of Duty have decided to implement. Also to blame is the way XP is often almost the same for a kill and capturing an objective, meaning there is no incentive for the solo minded gamers who are obsessed with levelling up or comparing their KD ratios when it would be so much easier to sit in a corner and wait. I dont see how people get enjoyment out of that kind of thing.

Anyway rant, with the mandatory Austin Powers reference, over.

And this is one reason why I havent played CoD in months. Its like every second someone gets a air born chopper and just starts gunning people down, without a chance of even getting a kill in and such. One of the many reasons too why i am seriously considering getting BF3 instead of MW3 this year. Multiplayer for CoD is just bland anymore, theres no variety. I feel Halo Reach has alot more variety and alot more teamwork involved than CoD.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 1st 2011, 2:03 am

Attention Megan Fox: throw grenades up the grav lift and watch them squirm. Problem solved.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark June 1st 2011, 2:29 am

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Attention Megan Fox: throw grenades up the grav lift and watch them squirm. Problem solved.

that sounds hot

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum