Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Skyrim

+4
ccdog23
tubbs51
AliForeman74
BaltRavensFan20
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Skyrim - Page 3 Empty Re: Skyrim

Post  tubbs51 October 1st 2011, 11:41 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I heard this game will be similar to the Fallout series, any word on if V.A.T.S. will be used? a guy at Gamespot told me that the "world" as far as the map goes is BIGGER than Falout3,New Vegas and Oblivion combined Shocked , he also said that the game testers have logged 264 hours of gameplay to complete ( and thats game testers!!! ) HOLY SHIT this game will take me a full year to finish Very Happy ...im still playing alot of New Vegas with the latest DLC Lonesome Road and the Gun Runners Arsenal packages, pretty cool shit if yoy guys havent played it yet...I found my favorite armor in lonesome Road, its called Elite Riot Gear, it looks similar to the NCR Rangers stuff but beefed up, oh and the weapons are CRAZY!! Very Happy

ok 1. No VATS, that a Fallout universe thing that will more than likely never cross over (or at least not the name seeing as VATS stands for Vault Tec Assisted Targeting System). 2. That Gamespot dude is dumb. Skyrim's map is roughly the size of Oblivion's but with bigger cities and minus the load screens when entering said cities. 3. Bethesda has said that gameplay is roughly 400 hours but they stopped counting around the 350 mark.

The only thing that Skyrim has carried over from the Fallout universe is the perks. Each skill has i believe six perks. and you unlock one perk point every level. and i believe there's 10 skills so in other words theres around 60 perks. IDK if theres a level cap or not. I'd have to do some intense research cause its likely to be buried deep with in the Bethesda forums back during E3 Razz

But yeah the game is going to be crazy huge. Leaps and bounds better than Oblivion. They didnt take away the fast travel though but they at least made it to where it costs money to fast travel.

Also the guilds will not be as friendly with each other in Skyrim like they were in Oblivion. You cannot be in rival guilds at the same time. to the characters its a conflict of interest sort of thing.

Wait, so your telling me I cant open my map, and click on a location and travel there freely now? I have to PAY to travel there? Ok, that sucks, lol.

Well think about it... You travel from one part of skyrim to the exact opposite side. Realistically of course you're going to acquire some expenses. It makes the world feel more real. Traveling isnt free. Not even by foot.

Plus it gets the cheap ass jewy players to explore the beautiful realm rather than just simply letting them skip to the next scene. it's not punishing you for using fast travel its just making it a bit more realistic and makes the world a bit more in depth. I'm not saying that a short trip will bankrupt your character.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 2nd 2011, 12:28 am

tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I heard this game will be similar to the Fallout series, any word on if V.A.T.S. will be used? a guy at Gamespot told me that the "world" as far as the map goes is BIGGER than Falout3,New Vegas and Oblivion combined Shocked , he also said that the game testers have logged 264 hours of gameplay to complete ( and thats game testers!!! ) HOLY SHIT this game will take me a full year to finish Very Happy ...im still playing alot of New Vegas with the latest DLC Lonesome Road and the Gun Runners Arsenal packages, pretty cool shit if yoy guys havent played it yet...I found my favorite armor in lonesome Road, its called Elite Riot Gear, it looks similar to the NCR Rangers stuff but beefed up, oh and the weapons are CRAZY!! Very Happy

ok 1. No VATS, that a Fallout universe thing that will more than likely never cross over (or at least not the name seeing as VATS stands for Vault Tec Assisted Targeting System). 2. That Gamespot dude is dumb. Skyrim's map is roughly the size of Oblivion's but with bigger cities and minus the load screens when entering said cities. 3. Bethesda has said that gameplay is roughly 400 hours but they stopped counting around the 350 mark.

The only thing that Skyrim has carried over from the Fallout universe is the perks. Each skill has i believe six perks. and you unlock one perk point every level. and i believe there's 10 skills so in other words theres around 60 perks. IDK if theres a level cap or not. I'd have to do some intense research cause its likely to be buried deep with in the Bethesda forums back during E3 Razz

But yeah the game is going to be crazy huge. Leaps and bounds better than Oblivion. They didnt take away the fast travel though but they at least made it to where it costs money to fast travel.

Also the guilds will not be as friendly with each other in Skyrim like they were in Oblivion. You cannot be in rival guilds at the same time. to the characters its a conflict of interest sort of thing.

Wait, so your telling me I cant open my map, and click on a location and travel there freely now? I have to PAY to travel there? Ok, that sucks, lol.

Well think about it... You travel from one part of skyrim to the exact opposite side. Realistically of course you're going to acquire some expenses. It makes the world feel more real. Traveling isnt free. Not even by foot.

Plus it gets the cheap ass jewy players to explore the beautiful realm rather than just simply letting them skip to the next scene. it's not punishing you for using fast travel its just making it a bit more realistic and makes the world a bit more in depth. I'm not saying that a short trip will bankrupt your character.

cool, the only thing i dont get is how can it be the same size as Oblivion but have 400 hours of gameplay? thats a helluva lot of hours for the game testers to complete it, considering they get to do it with advanced weaponry that kills enemies with one strike...as far as the VATS goes, i will have to get used to just wielding weapons again, i really enjoy VATS Sad ....now to the fast travel option, i guess i wont mind paying to do it, but if its similar to Fallout that means you must have already discovered that area in order to fast travel there and im assuming by discovering it the first time you actually did explore the buety of the landscape prior to that
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 2nd 2011, 1:58 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

cool, the only thing i dont get is how can it be the same size as Oblivion but have 400 hours of gameplay? thats a helluva lot of hours for the game testers to complete it, considering they get to do it with advanced weaponry that kills enemies with one strike...as far as the VATS goes, i will have to get used to just wielding weapons again, i really enjoy VATS Sad ....now to the fast travel option, i guess i wont mind paying to do it, but if its similar to Fallout that means you must have already discovered that area in order to fast travel there and im assuming by discovering it the first time you actually did explore the buety of the landscape prior to that

1. A few different ways. The cities. The largest one is twice the size of the Imperial City in Oblivion. The nearly dozen others are roughly the size of the other Oblivion cities if not bigger. TESIV takes place 500 years after Oblivion mind you. The dungeons and caves are all custom built. In oblivion the Bethesda team only had one guy making dungeons and caves. in Skyrim they have a group of 16 guys working on just the dungeons and caves. Skyrim is packed full of content which is why its surprising that Bethesda barely was able to fit the game on to one disk for the Xbox...

2. actually the team tests everything out including not using modded weaponry.

3. VATS is cool but in Skyrim the final blow animations are out of this world. being in first person view while you slit the throat of an enemy with your Steel Daggar is fucking awesome.

4. It is similar to Fallout in that aspect. Yes. Like i said as well having to pay to fast travel adds to the realism because it costs to travel.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 2nd 2011, 8:34 am

tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

What if your a player though, that likes to explore, but also likes to fast travel when he has already explored an area (and looted the entire area, ie. see many areas in fallout) and doesnt feel like walking through it over and over again? Sure, I like exploring as much as I can, but I also dont feel I should have to pay to travel to an area I already looted to kingdom come, cause there would be nothing left worth paying to travel to.

Fallout I liked because there was always something to see one buildng after another in a short time, oblivion was kind of dull because you coud walk through a whole forest and not see anything for awhile. I just hope skyrim isnt like that. If I have to walk, I want alot of stuff to see.

I will add to that sometimes Im usually the player that goes through the main quest first, then explores everything after I complete the main quest, or Ill explore half the stuff during the main quest, and finish exploring the rest after the main quest.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 2nd 2011, 5:46 pm

The more i think about it, i dont really mind having to pay for fast travel, i just cant wait to get this game in my hands and installed in my PC, until then i will be nit picking everything :arrow:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 5th 2011, 5:04 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

What if your a player though, that likes to explore, but also likes to fast travel when he has already explored an area (and looted the entire area, ie. see many areas in fallout) and doesnt feel like walking through it over and over again? Sure, I like exploring as much as I can, but I also dont feel I should have to pay to travel to an area I already looted to kingdom come, cause there would be nothing left worth paying to travel to.

Fallout I liked because there was always something to see one buildng after another in a short time, oblivion was kind of dull because you coud walk through a whole forest and not see anything for awhile. I just hope skyrim isnt like that. If I have to walk, I want alot of stuff to see.

I will add to that sometimes Im usually the player that goes through the main quest first, then explores everything after I complete the main quest, or Ill explore half the stuff during the main quest, and finish exploring the rest after the main quest.
thats the thing with TES games. just cause you cleared out an area of goods, that doesnt mean it's cleared forever. Eventually more enemies will inhabit the location and there will be more goodies to salvage. Just cause you explored it once that doesnt mean it isnt worth exploring a second time.

For example if you kill a bunch of thieves in a cave and loot their standard iron weapons, when you come back after a while there may be thieves with higher level weapons and more expensive loot. I imagine fast travel wont be expensive. It'll probably be cheap enough for fast traveling shortly after the game starts up.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 5th 2011, 5:47 pm

tubbs51 wrote:[q

For example if you kill a bunch of thieves in a cave and loot their standard iron weapons, when you come back after a while there may be thieves with higher level weapons and more expensive loot. I imagine fast travel wont be expensive. It'll probably be cheap enough for fast traveling shortly after the game starts up.

Probably depends on here you want to fast travel to.

To use Oblivion as a guide, imagine going from the 'Vile Lair' which is at the furthest corner of the map, way south east of Bravil to say...Chorral or maybe Bruma may cost a lot (maybe 250 gold) compared to travelling from the Imperial City to Cherry Dale (which isn't a long trip, also can't spell the name of that city where the Dark Brotherhood is based lol).

I know Skyrim is about a million times bigger than Oblivion, that was just an example.

Anyway Balt and Puppetz, you'll be pleased to know I've just rented Fallout: New Vegas. Let's see how it goes....
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 5th 2011, 6:09 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

thats the thing with TES games. just cause you cleared out an area of goods, that doesnt mean it's cleared forever. Eventually more enemies will inhabit the location and there will be more goodies to salvage. Just cause you explored it once that doesnt mean it isnt worth exploring a second time.

Ive never encountered this to be honest, how long does it take for them to repopulate? Im just a bit irritaed with this whole paying thing too, becasue I found it hard to make money in oblivion, If I got up to 3000 gold I was lucky, and that was with selling weapons and such. So Id rather save up all my money (the money I do make) than spend it on something like fast travel. To me, fast travel just isnt worth paying gold for, no matter how realistic it is.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 5th 2011, 6:11 pm

Mutant wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:[q

Probably depends on here you want to fast travel to.

To use Oblivion as a guide, imagine going from the 'Vile Lair' which is at the furthest corner of the map, way south east of Bravil to say...Chorral or maybe Bruma may cost a lot (maybe 250 gold) compared to travelling from the Imperial City to Cherry Dale (which isn't a long trip, also can't spell the name of that city where the Dark Brotherhood is based lol).

I know Skyrim is about a million times bigger than Oblivion, that was just an example.

Anyway Balt and Puppetz, you'll be pleased to know I've just rented Fallout: New Vegas. Let's see how it goes....

I havent played NV yet, so you'll have to fill me in on what you think. I was probably going to wait till they come out with a GoTY edition, so I can get all the dlc with the game....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 5th 2011, 7:40 pm

You guys that havent playe NV yet will really like it, especially if you get the DLC, i just finished all the DLCs and am Level 50, i still have a couple missions left before i go to Hoover Dam for the final fight but im really enjoying these new weapons from the Gun Runners Arsenal
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 5th 2011, 7:49 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:You guys that havent playe NV yet will really like it, especially if you get the DLC, i just finished all the DLCs and am Level 50, i still have a couple missions left before i go to Hoover Dam for the final fight but im really enjoying these new weapons from the Gun Runners Arsenal

Do you know roughly how long it takes before they come out with a GoTY ed. for a game? Do you think they will have one by the holidays?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ October 5th 2011, 8:13 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:You guys that havent playe NV yet will really like it, especially if you get the DLC, i just finished all the DLCs and am Level 50, i still have a couple missions left before i go to Hoover Dam for the final fight but im really enjoying these new weapons from the Gun Runners Arsenal

Do you know roughly how long it takes before they come out with a GoTY ed. for a game? Do you think they will have one by the holidays?

i would assume sometime before Christmas, they just released the last DLC for New Vegas so if its like Fallout 3 it will take about 2 months before you start seeing New Vegas GOTY editions, just in time for christmas gifts i suppose
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 October 5th 2011, 8:55 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

i would assume sometime before Christmas, they just released the last DLC for New Vegas so if its like Fallout 3 it will take about 2 months before you start seeing New Vegas GOTY editions, just in time for christmas gifts i suppose

Thats good, Not only can I get all the dlc, but i will be able to get a good deal on it on top of that from holiday sales on amazon and best buy Very Happy
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 26th 2011, 4:21 am

Skyrim Live Action Trailer is in my sig Smile

Pretty fucking awesome. With the right director/studio/crew/actors/actresses it would make for an awesome fucking movie series....

tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 October 26th 2011, 4:35 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Skyrim Live Action Trailer is in my sig Smile

Pretty fucking awesome. With the right director/studio/crew/actors/actresses it would make for an awesome fucking movie series....

my only problem is that because the game allows you to be basically wtf ever you want. they would try and please everyone by make a group of 4 of basically all you can be, a mage, a knight, a cat, and lizard
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 31st 2011, 8:47 pm

tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  AliForeman74 November 13th 2011, 4:25 pm

I got Skyrim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AliForeman74
AliForeman74

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 June 28th 2014, 11:56 pm

So i've gotten back into Skyrim. IDK if you guys still play it but the Mods on the PC version are out of this fucking world.

If you guys have it on PC i suggest the Frostfall Mod. Makes the game more immersive in the fact that you have to worry about the weather and your exposure and staying warm or you'll fucking bite the dust.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum