Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State

+7
Mutant
at23steelers
MaddMatter
poshmidget
EPICxPENGUIN69
Thadden
PhantomReturns93
11 posters

Go down

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State Empty Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 7th 2011, 7:17 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"The" Ohio State's football program just keeps on falling and falling with each passing day...and I'm loving it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636768

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State 50312_2204826178_523_n

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State THE-fail

Last edited by TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch on June 7th 2011, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State Empty Re: Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 7th 2011, 7:26 pm

So what happens now? A year off? Transfer to Auburn? Supplemental draft?

If he enters the supplemental draft, the team that takes him will likely have to sacrifice a first or second round draft pick in the 2012 draft, which makes things a whole lot more interesting...

PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State Empty Re: Terrelle Pryor will Not Return to Ohio State

Post  Thadden June 7th 2011, 8:41 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:So what happens now? A year off? Transfer to Auburn? Supplemental draft?

If he enters the supplemental draft, the team that takes him will likely have to sacrifice a first or second round draft pick in the 2012 draft, which makes things a whole lot more interesting...

What makes you think that? Terrelle Pryor Wouldnt have been a first-round pick even if he had joined the draft. He was an overhyped machine coming in to college and never even lived up to those expectations. Many people dont think Cam Newton will be successful (I agree) and Pryor doesnt even have Newton's abilities. I cant see a team giving up more than a sixth rounder for him. I dont think there will be a very high demand for a developmental quarterback.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 7th 2011, 8:46 pm

Thadden wrote:
TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:So what happens now? A year off? Transfer to Auburn? Supplemental draft?

What makes you think that? Terrelle Pryor Wouldnt have been a first-round pick even if he had joined the draft. He was an overhyped machine coming in to college and never even lived up to those expectations. Many people dont think Cam Newton will be successful (I agree) and Pryor doesnt even have Newton's abilities. I cant see a team giving up more than a sixth rounder for him. I dont think there will be a very high demand for a developmental quarterback.

no he is talking about the whole thing with the supplemental draft picks transition to next year. If someone takes a supplemental pick, it affects the pick next year
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden June 7th 2011, 8:49 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:

no he is talking about the whole thing with the supplemental draft picks transition to next year. If someone takes a supplemental pick, it affects the pick next year
I understand that but teams bid on players by bidding picks in next years draft. I dont think there is a high demand for a developmental quarterback so I think the highest bid will be a sixth round pick in next years draft
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 7th 2011, 8:51 pm

Thadden wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:

I understand that but teams bid on players by bidding picks in next years draft. I dont think there is a high demand for a developmental quarterback so I think the highest bid will be a sixth round pick in next years draft

who cares, kid is cock smoker anyway. Let him go play canadian football. fuck um"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 7th 2011, 9:29 pm

Some team with a dumb management staff will freak out and be paranoid that if they don't submit a first or second round bid, they won't get him. It's different then a normal draft, you can't sit back and say "if he slides this far we'll trade up or we'll pick him," it's a bid system and if you don't get him, you don't get him. Not to mention he's gonna be the only player worth taking in it anyway.

I agree he'll be horrible in the NFL and I think he was overrated in college too, but he did lead his team to wins, he does have tremendous athletic ability, and in this age of the quarterback he will be wanted, even if only as a project.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget June 7th 2011, 9:33 pm

why would they have to give up that much? hes really only worth a 5th or 6th round pick

also hes a raider we all know it.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 7th 2011, 10:12 pm

LMFAO...but really was anyone surprised? The kid is garbage (see my TP thread). I'm loving this as a Michigan fan. Although I should be scared because Tressel guaranteed a win against Michigan this year. I'm soooo scared. I was thinking Michigan would be between 7-8 Wins. Now I bump them up to 8-9 because they SHOULD beat OSU. Hell Michigan beat OSU the past 8 years or whatever it is now because it was a dirty program. GO BLUE!

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Not to mention he's gonna be the only player worth taking in it anyway.

Lee Corso: NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND

Brandon Harris from Miami, I think he got dismissed for the team. He might be in the supplemental draft.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 7th 2011, 11:13 pm

poshmidget wrote:

why would they have to give up that much? hes really only worth a 5th or 6th round pick

Again, the supplemental draft isn't like the normal draft. There aren't "rounds," it's kind of like an eBay auction...whoever bids with the highest pick wins, and if multiple people offer the same highest pick they go by record. So if 4 teams offer up a 6th round pick and one offers a 4th, the team that offers the 4th gets him. But due to his name, sheer athleticism, and the need for quarterbacks, his pool will be competitive, and the highest bid will be much higher than it should be (see: Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Christian Ponder).

Also, you're basically bidding with your 2012 picks, because you have to give up the equivalent of what you submit for the supplemental draft (IE you bid with a 3rd round pick and win, you lose your 2012 third rounder).

MaddMatt wrote:LMFAO...but really was anyone surprised? The kid is garbage (see my TP thread). I'm loving this as a Michigan fan. Although I should be scared because Tressel guaranteed a win against Michigan this year. I'm soooo scared. I was thinking Michigan would be between 7-8 Wins. Now I bump them up to 8-9 because they SHOULD beat OSU. Hell Michigan beat OSU the past 8 years or whatever it is now because it was a dirty program. GO BLUE!

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Not to mention he's gonna be the only player worth taking in it anyway.

Lee Corso: NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND

Brandon Harris from Miami, I think he got dismissed for the team. He might be in the supplemental draft.

Brandon Harris was drafted by the Texans in the second round of the real draft...I know, because he ALMOST fell to the Steelers which made me sadface.

Unless you're talking about him being dismissed from the Texans, which I havent heard of.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 7th 2011, 11:32 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:

Brandon Harris was drafted by the Texans in the second round of the real draft...I know, because he ALMOST fell to the Steelers which made me sadface.

Unless you're talking about him being dismissed from the Texans, which I havent heard of.

WHOA... Either that was a MAJOR Brain Fart. Or I'm thinking of someone else.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers June 8th 2011, 12:42 am

MaddMatt wrote:

WHOA... Either that was a MAJOR Brain Fart. Or I'm thinking of someone else.

Janoris Jenkins you twat!!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 8th 2011, 12:53 am

at23steelers wrote:

THERE WE GO the kid from Florida..

Miami....Florida.... They're practically the same school Laughing Laughing Laughing

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget June 8th 2011, 2:59 am

poshmidget wrote:

Again, the supplemental draft isn't like the normal draft. There aren't "rounds," it's kind of like an eBay auction...whoever bids with the highest pick wins, and if multiple people offer the same highest pick they go by record. So if 4 teams offer up a 6th round pick and one offers a 4th, the team that offers the 4th gets him. But due to his name, sheer athleticism, and the need for quarterbacks, his pool will be competitive, and the highest bid will be much higher than it should be (see: Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Christian Ponder).

Also, you're basically bidding with your 2012 picks, because you have to give up the equivalent of what you submit for the supplemental draft (IE you bid with a 3rd round pick and win, you lose your 2012 third rounder).

ya i know that. i doubt any team would bid more the n a 5th rounder for him. honestly i think thats a stretch. the only positive he has is pure athleticism but thats it. hes not a good leader, hard worker, good passer, and he has character issues. really not someone i think teams will have much of a bidding war for.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant June 8th 2011, 10:18 am

Guess I'm not an OSU fan anymore lol.

He is the only college player I know outside draft time after all.

Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray June 8th 2011, 10:27 am

James said entering the next NFL supplemental draft is Pryor's "desire." But James acknowledged labor uncertainty could lead to consideration of the Canadian Football League or working with a personal quarterback coach first.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers June 8th 2011, 10:28 am

Mutant wrote:Guess I'm not an OSU fan anymore lol.

*Sniff* *Sniff* I smell a bandwagoner!!!!!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant June 8th 2011, 10:34 am

at23steelers wrote:
Mutant wrote:Guess I'm not an OSU fan anymore lol.

*Sniff* *Sniff* I smell a bandwagoner!!!!!

Smells like farts.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns June 8th 2011, 12:07 pm

Thadden wrote:
I dont think there will be a very high demand for a developmental quarterback.

I beg to differ. I think if Pryor would have entered the draft, theres certainly the possibility that Pryor would have been a first rounder. I mean in a weak QB draft like this one, I would imagine some team (Raiders?) would have fallen in love with his athletic ability and taken a chance on him. I mean for gods sake, Ponder and Locker went early first round. Who's to say Pryor wouldn't have had the same fate as well. I'm sure he's kicking himself for not declaring for the draft.

But as an Ohio State fan, I honestly can't say I was ever impressed with Terrelle Pryor. I remember him signing intent to OSU, and everyone went nuts about how this kid was going to do great things. Sure he had his great moments, but he never really lived up to what I expected. We were all kinda waiting for his heisman year and it never came. Needless to say, I'm not by any means disappointed to see Pryor leave.
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat June 8th 2011, 8:24 pm

like Browns said, I never really saw that much in him. He was a great athlete but bad leader, had bad work ethic, didn't care about school, and was obviously just there for the benefits. Not only was he not an All American, he never made first team All Big 10 . I don't see what the media saw in him besides maybe potential.
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 June 9th 2011, 12:31 am

Again, I hate him too, but if you look outisde the box, he's 6'6 and runs a 4.4 40...you can't tell me teams don't drool at that, character concerns or not. He could be a beast of a TE or WR, actually he could probably be better at either position than he is at QB if he gave them a shot.

Yeah, he's not WORTH more than a 5th round pick, but you know that some team is gonna panic and take a chance on him and give up more. Maybe not a first but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody get him with a 2nd or 3rd.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 9th 2011, 12:54 am

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Again, I hate him too, but if you look outisde the box, he's 6'6 and runs a 4.4 40...you can't tell me teams don't drool at that, character concerns or not. He could be a beast of a TE or WR, actually he could probably be better at either position than he is at QB if he gave them a shot.

Yeah, he's not WORTH more than a 5th round pick, but you know that some team is gonna panic and take a chance on him and give up more. Maybe not a first but I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody get him with a 2nd or 3rd.

he isnt a tight end. he is a pussy. he isnt blocking or catching anything over the middle
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 June 9th 2011, 1:27 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

THERE WE GO the kid from Florida..

Miami....Florida.... They're practically the same school Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saying that could get you hurt. lol.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down