Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Lebron Dunks On Camper

+5
poshmidget
Pintsizedjark
Browns
Mutant
Thadden
9 posters

Go down

Lebron Dunks On Camper Empty Lebron Dunks On Camper

Post  Thadden July 2nd 2011, 4:26 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong...

Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Lebron Dunks On Camper Empty Re: Lebron Dunks On Camper

Post  Mutant July 2nd 2011, 4:46 pm

What's wrong with that?

So LeBron get's a bit show-offy, dunks a kid and knocks him down accidently?

Nothing wrong with that.

Hell, if that were me, I'd be like "wow, I got dunked by LeBron James! And knocked over! Fuck, I'm never washing this hand again!"
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 2nd 2011, 4:59 pm

Mutant wrote:What's wrong with that?

So LeBron get's a bit show-offy, dunks a kid and knocks him down accidently?

Nothing wrong with that.

Hell, if that were me, I'd be like "wow, I got dunked by LeBron James! And knocked over! Fuck, I'm never washing this hand again!"
Yeah but you're playing knockout with a bunch of kids. Not ones who you know, just campers. Its knockout and the kids cant dunk they can only rely on precise shooting and layups. I just think in general its a bit unfair to dunk when the kids cant.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns July 2nd 2011, 5:00 pm

My thoughts were "Oh wow Lebron youre badass dunking on a 12 year old"
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 2nd 2011, 5:41 pm

maybe he was into the game and wanted to make the shot? I'm willing to bet he wasn't aiming for the kid and don't try to turn this into him "dunking on the camper"..its not like the kid was guarding the basket and LeBron owned him for show..the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 2nd 2011, 5:50 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:maybe he was into the game and wanted to make the shot? I'm willing to bet he wasn't aiming for the kid and don't try to turn this into him "dunking on the camper"..its not like the kid was guarding the basket and LeBron owned him for show..the kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I agree, I just think its kind of lame that hes even dunking in a game of knockout. The kids cant dunk. They have to shoot and make layups. He just has to attempt a shot, retrieve the ball and dunk. Of course, I would feel differently if these werent campers. If these were kids who were familiar with Lebron and Lebron was familiar with the kids.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget July 2nd 2011, 6:34 pm

i bet every kid there loved seeing lebron dunking on them. its a great story for the kid. i loved the video thought it was funny. i heard on espn the kid he dunked on loved it and that lebron gave him some free shoes. no harm done and it was funny.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 3rd 2011, 6:37 am

poshmidget wrote:i bet every kid there loved seeing lebron dunking on them. its a great story for the kid. i loved the video thought it was funny. i heard on espn the kid he dunked on loved it and that lebron gave him some free shoes. no harm done and it was funny.

Yeah, exactly.

In their hatred of all things LeBron, people seem to forget that the kids were having fun. They can tell their kids in 20 years time they played Knockout with the great LeBron James at summer camp.

I seriously doubt it would have got this level of attention if it had been Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan who had done it. But because it's LeBron James people are acting as if he's molested the kid rather than just play a fun game of Knockout with some kids at camp.

To quote Helen Lovejoy: "Won't somebody think of the children?"
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 3rd 2011, 12:32 pm

what his management isent after this video like the one where he was dunked on by some kid lmao.

TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 3rd 2011, 1:14 pm

Mutant wrote:
poshmidget wrote:i bet every kid there loved seeing lebron dunking on them. its a great story for the kid. i loved the video thought it was funny. i heard on espn the kid he dunked on loved it and that lebron gave him some free shoes. no harm done and it was funny.

Yeah, exactly.

In their hatred of all things LeBron, people seem to forget that the kids were having fun. They can tell their kids in 20 years time they played Knockout with the great LeBron James at summer camp.

I seriously doubt it would have got this level of attention if it had been Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan who had done it. But because it's LeBron James people are acting as if he's molested the kid rather than just play a fun game of Knockout with some kids at camp.

Yet again, I dont care that he dunked on the kid, it was probably an accident. I want to know why he is even dunking in a game of knockout. Every time I have ever played knockout, dunking hasn't been allowed.

Obviously it is wikipedia, not the best source, but it doesnt say anything about dunking in knockout.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout_(game)
"If a player's initial shot does not go in, he or she may rebound the basketball and attempt to make a basket from any location (most often, a layup would be attempted because it is an easier shot to make than a standard jump shot)"
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 3rd 2011, 1:23 pm

Thadden wrote:
Mutant wrote:

Yeah, exactly.

Yet again, I dont care that he dunked on the kid, it was probably an accident. I want to know why he is even dunking in a game of knockout. Every time I have ever played knockout, dunking hasn't been allowed.

Obviously it is wikipedia, not the best source, but it doesnt say anything about dunking in knockout.
"If a player's initial shot does not go in, he or she may rebound the basketball and attempt to make a basket from any location (most often, a layup would be attempted because it is an easier shot to make than a standard jump shot)"

No reason. He was just messing around. It's not like they were doing some sort of NBA boot Camp. Just something for the kids to do. He was just showing off.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 3rd 2011, 2:13 pm

Thadden wrote:Obviously it is wikipedia, not the best source, but it doesnt say anything about dunking in knockout.

You have to be well over 6 foot tall and a great jumper to dunk.

Maybe that's why it's not in the "rule book"? It's a playground game. It doesn't have set rules. I played this as a kid too and there was no way in hell I could have dunked. The basket was jut too far above my head.

Maybe LeBron plays a different version of Knockout since he's a pro basketball player with the height and vert needed to dunk?

Or maybe he was just showing the kids some cool moves?
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray July 3rd 2011, 5:42 pm

Lol I hope he was missing those shots just to make it fair.

BTW, thanks for telling me that there would be a hyena in this video as well. God damn, I should have muted my sound...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 3rd 2011, 6:08 pm

black on black violence
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 3rd 2011, 8:53 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:black on black violence
Those words will always remind me of Donovan McNabb... That comparison he made was so foolish
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down