Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Why do you like football?

+3
Nef77
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
Mutant
7 posters

Go down

Why do you like football? Empty Why do you like football?

Post  Mutant July 6th 2011, 11:28 am

Why'd you prefer it over baseball or golf or whatever?

I think for me, it's the sheer unpredicatbility of it.

You don't know what's gonna happen until it does.

The bal;l gets snapped and any number of things could happen.

The QB could fumble
The QB could throw an INT
The QB could throw a 40 yard bomb to the WR for a TD.
The QB could get sacked
The QB could throw a pick 6
The RB could fumble
Ray Lewis could bury the RB and give SnA a hard-on Twisted Evil
etc
etc
etc

It's one of the only team sports that I know where defense is actually good to watch. Especially when it's a team which has an explosive offense.

I remember when the Cardinals played the Vikings on SNF 2 years ago. This was when Favre was tearing it up and making Rice look like a stud. We shut down AP for 19 yards in 13 carries. We also picked off Brett Favre twice - his first INT's since like Week 2 or something. It was a great game defensively.

There's the defensive powerhouses like the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, and Giants of old who use their defense to win games every week rather than once a blue moon (like rthe Cards did vs. the Vikings; a week or so after that game we let CJ, Gore, and DeAngelo/Stewart rush for over 140 yards. And I still haven't forgotten that fuckin' game vs. the Saints in the play-offs where we were dominated.....by Reggie Bush!).

What other sport looks exciting defensively? Soccer is fucking boring when played defensively. The defending team has like 2 shots on goal all game and they play a special 10-0-0 formation. I can imagine defensive hockey is boring as well - which must have been what the Canucks were playing if they only scored about 6 goals in 7 games and had 3 1-0 wins...

Another thing I like is that money isn't everything. The Redskins and Cowboys are two of the richest sports teams in the world (not just in teh Yoo Ess Aai) and they haven't won shit in years. If that was soccer, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder would be buying all the top players and winnin the Super Bowl every year. No joke. The English Premier League (which is the most over-rated league in the world) has only been won by 4 teams in 20 years.

Which brings me to another point. The draft. I like how the weakest teams get the high picks so that they can either rebuild or watch their players bust (see: JaMarcus, Leaf). If you have the right coaching and scouts, a guy drafted in the 6th round could become a huge star (see: Tom Brady).

So yeah...

The NFL fucking rocks.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Why do you like football? Empty Re: Why do you like football?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ July 6th 2011, 11:54 am

i like Football because you throw it with your Hands
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 6th 2011, 12:04 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i like Football because you throw it with your Hands

Yeah! It annoys those soccer nerds!

"y du u call it footbal wen u dnt use ur feet?"
"AND WHY DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR OWN SPORT Homosexual ? SOCCER ISN'T AN AMERICAN WORD!"*

Fun Fact: Rugby's full name is Rugby Football and they don't use their feet much either.

*True fact. The word soccer was invented in the 1880s in England to sperate Rugby Football from Association Football. So technically, Americans use the correct word. So next time someone from England gives you shit over Xbox Live because you call it "soccer" tell them otherwise alien
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 July 6th 2011, 12:06 pm

I love the strategy behind it along with the full on team concept. Wayyy different responsibilities as compared to other team sports.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 6th 2011, 12:09 pm

Nef77 wrote:I love the strategy behind it along with the full on team concept. Wayyy different responsibilities as compared to other team sports.

Yeah. Like a physical game of chess.

A thinking mans sport.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ July 6th 2011, 12:16 pm

i like Football for its funny moments, like this... Smile

and this...

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 6th 2011, 12:20 pm

since we are particularly talking about NFL football and not all levels. I like the NFL because you see some guys that give hope that not everyone is an asshole. There are some players you see play, see how they handle them selves, and how they treat others.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 6th 2011, 12:25 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:since we are particularly talking about NFL football and not all levels. I like the NFL because you see some guys that give hope that not everyone is an asshole. There are some players you see play, see how they handle them selves, and how they treat others.

Not necessarily.

I meant football in general. I just stuck it in the NFL section for some reason.

I also don't watch a lot of college stuff so I can't really talk about that personally.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 6th 2011, 2:04 pm

Football:Football is an amazing sport. Most "non Americans" dislike the sport because of the stoppages and what not, but I disagree. As a Soccer player, most would assume I like watching Soccer over Football. That is where you are wrong. There's something about Football, watching it on TV, that is just so great. The 6 yard Runs. The small Slants. The Deep Balls. The Kick Returns, the Field goals, the everything!

I look at Sports like Rugby and say, hey, that sport looks a lot more exciting them Football! And sometimes I wish Soccer and Rugby were just as big here as they're in other places. But I still must say, I am glad the Americans can make a sport that only the Americans play. Football is the best sport on the Planet. cheers
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 6th 2011, 3:24 pm

That's because they don't understand the concept.

It's like a lot of people here think football is for girls and wimps because they wear helmets and pads.

But then, when was the last time you read about a soccer or rugby player having to retire at the young age of 31 because of serve concussions like Jamal Lewis or Terrelle Davis and his migraines?

When some dumb fuck disses football by calling it "rugby with pads" I always try and prove (often with the help of YouTube and bone crunching hit videos) how wrong they are.

Btw Soaring I sent you a PPM>
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 6th 2011, 7:49 pm

cheerleaders hands down.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 6th 2011, 9:55 pm

Mutant wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:since we are particularly talking about NFL football and not all levels. I like the NFL because you see some guys that give hope that not everyone is an asshole. There are some players you see play, see how they handle them selves, and how they treat others.

Not necessarily.

I meant football in general. I just stuck it in the NFL section for some reason.

I also don't watch a lot of college stuff so I can't really talk about that personally.

in that case.

i like football because of the brother hood. my family sucks and most of them hate me because im doing something with my life. so to basically have another family, guys you may not normally be friends with, and care about them and join together for a common goal of winning.

the memories, the bad ones too. the smell of the equipment when you put it on, the feeling after running your balls off, crying after a lose, cheering after a win, getting to play in front of 1000 people and shut them all up when you sack their pretty boy QB
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden July 6th 2011, 10:56 pm

Football is great because it is a physical sport which involves a lot of thinking. Anything could happen on any play and that is great. I also like the emotion of the game and that there isnt any clear strategy to winning. It is one of very few true "team" sports.

Finally, that brings me to my final point: When you are playing, your team is like family.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum