Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

How many Steeler players will the Cards get?

+2
MaddMatter
Mutant
6 posters

Go down

How many Steeler players will the Cards get? Empty How many Steeler players will the Cards get?

Post  Mutant April 15th 2011, 1:58 pm

Since I'm the sole Cardinals fan here, and I know there'a bunch of Steeler fans here.

I was wondering how many current- or ex-Steeler players do you reckon the Cardinals will be linked to or sign once the CBA has been agreed?

I mean, we already have a bunch of your "cast offs" - Porter, Haggans, Faneca, to name a few. Fitzgerald went to Pitt as did Stephens-Howlings. Last season we were linked to Foote, Clark.

We've even got your ex-DB coach as our new DC (we wanted Butler your LB coach but you told us to "fuck off").

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we got Dennis Dixon as our new QB. Fuck whoever else is avaliable, let's just get the Steeler players. LOL!
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

How many Steeler players will the Cards get? Empty Re: How many Steeler players will the Cards get?

Post  MaddMatter April 15th 2011, 2:17 pm

Charlie Batch maybe?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

How many Steeler players will the Cards get? Empty Re: How many Steeler players will the Cards get?

Post  Guest April 15th 2011, 4:39 pm

Don't forget that Bryant McFadden went from being a Steeler to a Cardinal, then back to being a Steeler, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 15th 2011, 7:39 pm

[quote="MaddMatt"]Charlie Batch maybe? [/quote]
That would be really interesting to watch..That guy has never been give in a chance, and I think he could do some good as a starter.

Dennis Dixon would be extremely interesting. Its like putting a Raw talent, prospect, triple A pitcher in a MLB rotation. Hit or miss!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 16th 2011, 9:44 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Don't forget that Bryant McFadden went from being a Steeler to a Cardinal, then back to being a Steeler, lol.

Yeah, they can have him back. Smile

As for our #2 QB situation and Dennis Dixon in particular. I'm not saying this is what they will do, just what I would do. First, I would cut Batch and give him some sort of coaching gig with the organization. If he's released by the Steelers, I don't see him picking up his family and moving to Arizona or anywhere else for that matter at his age and at this stage in his career.

That leaves us with Leftwich and Dixon. I would have both of them battle it out for the #2 spot. Which ever one doesn't grab the #2 spot would be my #3.

Personally, I don't see Dixon leaving the Pittsburgh organization anytime in the near future. He's a RFA and the Steelers offered an existing round tender to Dixon a little over two weeks ago. Would another team be willing to give up a low(er) draft pick for an unproven QB who has been injured? I'm not seeing it happen, but I guess anything's possible.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 16th 2011, 9:57 am

This thread was sort of a light-hearted dig at my teams ability to snap up only people who worked for the Steelers.

A few of their coaches are from the Steelers as well it seems. Townsend, Grimm, etc.

I wouldn't mind Dixon to be honest. I liked what I saw of him the few times I've seen him play.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 16th 2011, 11:53 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:Charlie Batch maybe?
That would be really interesting to watch..That guy has never been give in a chance, and I think he could do some good as a starter.

Dennis Dixon would be extremely interesting. Its like putting a Raw talent, prospect, triple A pitcher in a MLB rotation. Hit or miss!

I believe Batch started for the Lions for a bit
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 16th 2011, 2:55 pm

He was "okay" when he played as the Lions QB.

I don't think anyone will be going to the Cards from the Steelers

Can't really count Howling and Fitz since they never were on our rosters to begin with.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 16th 2011, 3:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:He was "okay" when he played as the Lions QB.

I don't think anyone will be going to the Cards from the Steelers

Can't really count Howling and Fitz since they never were on our rosters to begin with.

Well we already have Ray Horton. Not a player as such but he was part of the Steelers organisation.

Maybe not direct from the Steelers, but someone who played for them once before joining another team for a bit - like Porter and Faneca did. Which is kind of what I meant when I said "ex-Steeler" players.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 16th 2011, 3:25 pm

We usually don't give up players that are in their prime or can still contribute to our team, other than Holmes but that was an entirely different situation

Porter was great for us but Ill take Harrison at this point in their careers.

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down