Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Coaches Top 25

+7
Browns
PhantomReturns93
at23steelers
CaptRCG2
HurpDurpHurray
EPICxPENGUIN69
MaddMatter
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Coaches Top 25 - Page 2 Empty Re: Coaches Top 25

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 8th 2011, 2:25 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:lol the only teams that finished undefeated last year are ranked 15th and 19th(TCU and Auburn respectively)

Well the human mind is weird. I used to think that the rankings were done by some formula. returning starters + difficulty of schedule + amount of coaching changes + what ever = ranking. But the preseason is just coaches taking a stab at who the best teams are.

But opinions are biased no matter how you put them. If you had a formula who knows how much different the rankings would be, not the bcs, thats during the season
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 8th 2011, 3:31 am

The rankings are like a roller coaster. If you lose one game you can drop out of the rankings but if you win you could shoot up the rankings. It's all a bunch of random BS.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 8th 2011, 5:37 am

MaddMatt wrote:The rankings are like a roller coaster. If you lose one game you can drop out of the rankings but if you win you could shoot up the rankings. It's all a bunch of random BS.

I was just looking at the final AP rankings from 2010 and this jumped out at me:

6. Oklahoma : 12-2
7. Wisconsin : 11-2
8. LSU : 11-2
9. Boise State : 12-1

ok blah blah those teams are in better conferences than Boise State...but compare who each team lost to:

Oklahoma lost to #18th Missouri and an 19th Texas A&M
Wisconsin lost to #14 Michigan State and #2 TCU
LSU lost to #1 Auburn and #12 Arkansas
Boise State lost to #11 Nevada

not only did Boise State have just one loss while the other teams had two, but all of those teams had a loss/losses to teams ranked lower than Nevada..yet for some reason they all finished ranking higher than Boise

kk

edit: and lets not forget that Boise's loss was a fluke, whether you like them or not, you know it was a fluke.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 8th 2011, 3:52 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:The rankings are like a roller coaster. If you lose one game you can drop out of the rankings but if you win you could shoot up the rankings. It's all a bunch of random BS.

I was just looking at the final AP rankings from 2010 and this jumped out at me:

6. Oklahoma : 12-2
7. Wisconsin : 11-2
8. LSU : 11-2
9. Boise State : 12-1

ok blah blah those teams are in better conferences than Boise State...but compare who each team lost to:

Oklahoma lost to #18th Missouri and an 19th Texas A&M
Wisconsin lost to #14 Michigan State and #2 TCU
LSU lost to #1 Auburn and #12 Arkansas
Boise State lost to #11 Nevada

not only did Boise State have just one loss while the other teams had two, but all of those teams had a loss/losses to teams ranked lower than Nevada..yet for some reason they all finished ranking higher than Boise

kk

edit: and lets not forget that Boise's loss was a fluke, whether you like them or not, you know it was a fluke.

GAH DAMN KICKER MISSED A CHIP SHOT TO WIN THE GAME!!!!

I remember Moore dropping back and pulling a Grossman " FUCK IT, I'M GOING DEEP, I GOTTA PUT DA TEAM ON MY BACK DOE, FO MADDEN" *Throws a 50 yard bomb* "TITUS YOUNG LAYING OUT AND PUTTIN DA TEAM ON HIS BACK DOE"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 9th 2011, 12:30 am

hey, shit happens.

Who you lose to or how you lost shouldnt matter. Wins and loses matter not this that and the other thing
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 9th 2011, 2:51 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:hey, shit happens.

Who you lose to or how you lost shouldnt matter. Wins and loses matter not this that and the other thing

In the BCS era it does.

You're going to tell me a #1 Ranked Alabama hosts a team like Eastern Michigan and loses and hell lets say they lose by 30 or so. You're going to tell me they won't drop to the 20's?

But on the other hand. if a #1 Ranked Alabama hosts a team like a #4 ranked LSU and loses by a last second FG. They'd probably stay in the top 5.

But the whole BCS is flawed because people don't vote the same way. You're always going to get the people who hate the Non-BCS teams and will never vote for them, even though they should. I would take Boise 100% of the time on a neutral field. (At least with Doug Martin, Shoemaker and Moore.)

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 9th 2011, 6:49 am

MaddMatt wrote:

In the BCS era it does.

You're going to tell me a #1 Ranked Alabama hosts a team like Eastern Michigan and loses and hell lets say they lose by 30 or so. You're going to tell me they won't drop to the 20's?

But on the other hand. if a #1 Ranked Alabama hosts a team like a #4 ranked LSU and loses by a last second FG. They'd probably stay in the top 5.

But the whole BCS is flawed because people don't vote the same way. You're always going to get the people who hate the Non-BCS teams and will never vote for them, even though they should. I would take Boise 100% of the time on a neutral field. (At least with Doug Martin, Shoemaker and Moore.)

all I am saying. 16 best record teams enter a playoff. Division 2 and 3 along with FCS if they make it to the champ game play 15 games reg season and playoffs.

Every other team goes to bowls like normal
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 August 9th 2011, 10:36 am

VT Won an automatic bid for the acc (an actual conference with actual programs) too, its not like they just flat out chose them for the bcs bowl over boise...
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 9th 2011, 12:20 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

In the BCS era it does.

all I am saying. 16 best record teams enter a playoff. Division 2 and 3 along with FCS if they make it to the champ game play 15 games reg season and playoffs.

Every other team goes to bowls like normal

I wouldn't be opposed to that. You have what 3 or 4 bowl weeks as it is? You can have a "round" each week of the bowl season and still finish at the same time.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 9th 2011, 12:22 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:VT Won an automatic bid for the acc (an actual conference with actual programs) too, its not like they just flat out chose them for the bcs bowl over boise...

Ever hear of an "at large" bid? Your telling me a 2 loss Arkansas team deserved that game over Boise?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 August 9th 2011, 1:41 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:VT Won an automatic bid for the acc (an actual conference with actual programs) too, its not like they just flat out chose them for the bcs bowl over boise...

Ever hear of an "at large" bid? Your telling me a 2 loss Arkansas team deserved that game over Boise?

Oh ya that's bs, im just referring to a page ago when we were arguing about how boise won head to head and had one less loss but vt still got in...
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark August 9th 2011, 3:20 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Oh ya that's bs, im just referring to a page ago when we were arguing about how boise won head to head and had one less loss but vt still got in...

I don't think we were "arguing" about how VT got in, because we all know the ACC is a BCS conference whereas the WAC is not. I guess I was complaining about the BCS system, because even the morons that advocate for the BCS system and think Boise is awful can't argue the fact that Boise deserved a BCS game more then VT did.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 9th 2011, 3:23 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

I think it was more, why VT was ranked higher at then end of the season than Boise.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2