Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Free Agency 2012

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
tubbs51
Thadden
Browns
MaddMatter
BaltRavensFan20
ccdog23
S
12 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Free Agency 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency 2012

Post  Thadden March 15th 2012, 7:34 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

And Desean Jackson no longer has the franchise tag. He is gonna be with the Eagles for 5 more years..lol
Ya and that jackass guaranteed a SB win. WTF man. Have we not learned our lesson with making promises that we have no real control over the out come? Are Pro players not concerned that they look like total and complete frauds when they say shit like this?

think about it this way, why hasnt he made that promise the other 4 years (could be less) he was there? Why now? This kind of shit boggles my mind.

Sign the deal, smile, shut the fuck up and play ball. Yes, in that order.
I havent heard this but I really dont see what the big deal is? Dont all players do this? Its the coahces that are supposed to be level-headed

Edit: I see it now, how is that bad at all? If nothing else I think that is the weakest super bowl guarantee I have ever seen. He basically said they'd win a super bowl sometime in the next 5 years. For someone who is so cocky, I expect A LOT MORE
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 15th 2012, 8:51 pm

Thadden wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

And Desean Jackson no longer has the franchise tag. He is gonna be with the Eagles for 5 more years..lol
Ya and that jackass guaranteed a SB win. WTF man. Have we not learned our lesson with making promises that we have no real control over the out come? Are Pro players not concerned that they look like total and complete frauds when they say shit like this?

think about it this way, why hasnt he made that promise the other 4 years (could be less) he was there? Why now? This kind of shit boggles my mind.

I havent heard this but I really dont see what the big deal is? Dont all players do this? Its the coahces that are supposed to be level-headed

Edit: I see it now, how is that bad at all? If nothing else I think that is the weakest super bowl guarantee I have ever seen. He basically said they'd win a super bowl sometime in the next 5 years. For someone who is so cocky, I expect A LOT MORE

I just see this, the vick contract, and the coaching staff blowing up in the eagles face. they are talented but i cant see how they get better
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden March 15th 2012, 8:56 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

I just see this, the vick contract, and the coaching staff blowing up in the eagles face. they are talented but i cant see how they get better
The Vick contract was really only a three year contract though so in two years they can cut him and owe nothing.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 15th 2012, 8:57 pm

Still waiting on the Bengals to do something... 50 million in cap space...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 15th 2012, 9:28 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Still waiting on the Bengals to do something... 50 million in cap space...
Think I saw that they had Tracy Porter in on a visit.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 15th 2012, 9:28 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Still waiting on the Bengals to do something... 50 million in cap space...

tommorow they are bringing in Jawalrus Russell to take a look, he was always one of Hue Jacksons favorites Shocked
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 15th 2012, 11:50 pm

Hey. The good teams sit back and watch the madness while the bad teams overpay players.

Think of it like that.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 16th 2012, 12:00 pm

We signed that Asian safety from the Ravens. Hopefully since he's been backing up Ed Reed this whole time he might do some good.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 1:20 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

Hey. The good teams sit back and watch the madness while the bad teams overpay players.

Think of it like that.

50 million dollars. you could have thrown down 20 on mario williams
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 16th 2012, 2:40 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Think of it like that.

We don't need another DE. That's why Jonathan Fanene and Frostee Rucker were let go. But really, it's been three days! You got all this cap and you couldn't sign a guy like Vincent Jackson? You brought in Michael Bush two days ago, why haven't we heard more about this? Why aren't we negotiating a contract with him right now? We got the money, NOW GOD DAMN SPEND IT
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 2:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Think of it like that.

We don't need another DE. That's why Jonathan Fanene and Frostee Rucker were let go. But really, it's been three days! You got all this cap and you couldn't sign a guy like Vincent Jackson? You brought in Michael Bush two days ago, why haven't we heard more about this? Why aren't we negotiating a contract with him right now? We got the money, NOW GOD DAMN SPEND IT

hey hey hey, i feel the same way with my team the jets. I was expecting more. but some times they feel you can get better value in the draft and maybe pay the guys you already got. I mean you can sign a big name (maybe) and lock up anyone who is a bit antzy about their current deals.

You have like what, 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds? you got 2 1sts, you have ammo to get what ever you want
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 5:05 pm

jets picked up drew stanton

personally i like the guy, watched him in college, thought he would be a better NFL guy, but nice back up to mark
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 16th 2012, 5:45 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Think of it like that.

hey hey hey, i feel the same way with my team the jets. I was expecting more. but some times they feel you can get better value in the draft and maybe pay the guys you already got. I mean you can sign a big name (maybe) and lock up anyone who is a bit antzy about their current deals.

You have like what, 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds? you got 2 1sts, you have ammo to get what ever you want

I get that, but it's only two first round picks and we need help at WR, RB, O-Line, CB, and safety if we can't resign Reggie Nelson. If we a guy like Michael Bush, problem solved at RB. O-Line could have been fixed by getting someone like Ben Grubbs, Jared Gaither or Carl Nicks. We could have gotten a guy like Carlos Rogers, nope didn't happen. I HOPE we can get Michael Bush, I like him and he'd be a great compliment for Bernard Scott. But I would have liked to see them take a stud O-Lineman to help open holes for our run game.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 16th 2012, 5:49 pm

Your waiting on the bengals, while Im waiting for the ravens to do something. So far I've watched almost every one of out FAs go to another team, while we dont do squat except sign a 35-36 year old center in Matt Birk. We lost our Back Up safeties, one of our best guards, a LB, all pivitol to our D, and we just decide to sit back. Evil or Very Mad I know its the same every year for the ravens, and we usually sign someone unexpected and they play greatand fill in, but its fustrating though. We def need some experienced offensive lineman now, cause I dont want our oline to end up like the steelers oline......

It doesnt help that Flacco wants his extension, what, he cant wait till his contracts up next year?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 5:50 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Your waiting on the bengals, while Im waiting for the ravens to do something. So far I've watched almost every one of out FAs go to another team, while we dont do squat except sign a 35-36 year old center in Matt Birk. We lost our Back Up safeties, one of our best guards, a LB, all pivitol to our D, and we just decide to sit back. Evil or Very Mad I know its the same every year for the ravens, and we usually sign someone unexpected and they play greatand fill in, but its fustrating though. We def need some experienced offensive lineman now, cause I dont want our oline to end up like the steelers oline......

yea, your defense pretty much got gutted
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 16th 2012, 6:02 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

yea, your defense pretty much got gutted

Well, I wouldnt say it got gutted. We have som good young talent. Kruger (lb/de), McPhee (de), Kindle (Im interested to see how he plays this season after his head injury and being out a another year). We just dont have much depth now. We still have almost all our starters, just not depth. Now if we lose Jameel McClain, I will def start worrying.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 6:12 pm

Jets got WR chaz scheilings

good, decent player. some what versatile. possible #3 guy who will see a lot of special teams playing time. ok pick up but I'd like to see a pure #1 or #2 wr.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy March 16th 2012, 7:24 pm

My local radio is reporting that Manning said no to Miami (my original pick) and its down to Tenn, SF (who he secretly worked out for Mon and Tues) and Den.

I really dunno what i would like to see.

As much as Id love to see tebow get bounced out of teh starting position for a person who can play QB, I dunno.

I really like teh idea of SF gettin him and becoming an instant contender for the SB.

Tenn? Ick.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 7:50 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:My local radio is reporting that Manning said no to Miami (my original pick) and its down to Tenn, SF (who he secretly worked out for Mon and Tues) and Den.

I really dunno what i would like to see.

As much as Id love to see tebow get bounced out of teh starting position for a person who can play QB, I dunno.

I really like teh idea of SF gettin him and becoming an instant contender for the SB.

Tenn? Ick.

Nah, Denver isnt going to get him. Tenn and SF are offering more money and better surrounding pieces. Denver has a bad receiving corp, half an Oline, and an average defense. Tenn has a good oline and ok recievers and god knows how much money they want to throw at manning, and SF has all the right pieces in place but probably give him an average salary.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 16th 2012, 10:30 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:Jets got WR chaz scheilings

good, decent player. some what versatile. possible #3 guy who will see a lot of special teams playing time. ok pick up but I'd like to see a pure #1 or #2 wr.

im happy with him, hes 6'4 225lbs and runs a 4.33 ? Shocked , he will definetly fit somewhere
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 16th 2012, 10:45 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

im happy with him, hes 6'4 225lbs and runs a 4.33 ? Shocked , he will definetly fit somewhere

hey, not saying it was a bad pick up. he is a good solid athletic player. now, that being said, there was other WRs out there that were more accomplished or what ever you want to say. He will make an impact on the team, but I'd like to see a bigger name pick up that can go along side holmes as #1 and #2
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 17th 2012, 9:12 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

hey, not saying it was a bad pick up. he is a good solid athletic player. now, that being said, there was other WRs out there that were more accomplished or what ever you want to say. He will make an impact on the team, but I'd like to see a bigger name pick up that can go along side holmes as #1 and #2

personally Im hoping we sign Braylon Edwards again, he had pretty good chemistry with Sanchez and he always played hard for us, unlike Plexico "alligator arms" Burress
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 17th 2012, 2:26 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

personally Im hoping we sign Braylon Edwards again, he had pretty good chemistry with Sanchez and he always played hard for us, unlike Plexico "alligator arms" Burress

He made some pretty clutch catches for us down the field. Anything less than 25 yards, no, 25+ Cool
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 17th 2012, 5:36 pm

Travelle Wharton is now a Bengal. Yay?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 17th 2012, 6:00 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Travelle Wharton is now a Bengal. Yay?

former panther, cut because he was old
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next