Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Cris Carter- A Real Dumbass

+6
TRU11
CaptRCG2
Thadden
Browns
ccdog23
MaddMatter
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cris Carter- A Real Dumbass  Empty Cris Carter- A Real Dumbass

Post  MaddMatter August 12th 2011, 2:02 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20110812/SPORTS01/110812023/1049/sports01?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepDetroitLions+%28freep.com+|+Detroit+Lions%29

So hold up. Calvin Johnson has about the same numbers as Andre Johnson in their first 4 years. But he's not top 5? And DEASEAN FUCKING JACKSON IS A TOP FIVE FUCKING WIDE RECEIVER?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????

Calvin doesn't get double teamed? Against who? Revis? NO SHIT!
Fitzgerald hasn't had a good QB in "a couple of years" Yeah I guess a borderline Hall of Fame QB sucks. (Only 1 year removed from Warner. )
Oh

Then he goes on to say "so I don’t want to hear the excuse that I’m not playing with a great quarterback" Ok lets look at your top 5 Cris. Andre Johnson has Matt Shaub. Not a Pro Bowler but top a borderline Pro Bowler. Roddy White- Matt Ryan. Larry Fitz- No one, but had Kurt Warner. Desean Jackson- Mike Vick (Yeah he sucked last year didn't he?) Reggie Wayne- PEYTON FUCKING MANNING!

Oh but Cris had "5 different QB's throw to him in his career" CALVIN FUCKING JOHNSON HAD FIVE GAH DAMN QBS IN ONE GAH DAMN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin Johnson isn't consistent enough? PLEASE tell me how Desean Jackson is "Consistent".

You know what Cris you're right, when I think of a top 5 WR. I think of a WR that catches 47 passes in a year.

CRIS CARTER IS A FUCKING DUMBASS You just go to show that no one respects anyone on ESPN.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Cris Carter- A Real Dumbass  Empty Re: Cris Carter- A Real Dumbass

Post  ccdog23 August 12th 2011, 2:07 pm

Cris carter has always came off as stupid to me. Oh and lol ESPN.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 12th 2011, 2:08 pm

*Homer rage meter explodes*
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 12th 2011, 2:10 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:*Homer rage meter explodes*

No, tell me with a straight face that Desean Jackson deserves to be a on a top 5 list before Calvin Johnson.

I won't even go into the other ones. Because I don't care about the others, but Desean fucking Jackson is better than Calvin Johnson? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 12th 2011, 2:13 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

No, tell me with a straight face that Desean Jackson deserves to be a on a top 5 list before Calvin Johnson.

I won't even go into the other ones. Because I don't care about the others, but Desean fucking Jackson is better than Calvin Johnson? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
i wasnt saying i disagreed but the rage displayed could only be from a lions fan lol
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 12th 2011, 2:17 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

i wasnt saying i disagreed but the rage displayed could only be from a lions fan lol

Desean Jackson is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM better than Calvin Johnson. That'd be like saying Jeff Backus is better than Joe Thomas.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 12th 2011, 2:24 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Desean Jackson is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM better than Calvin Johnson.
when did i say he was?
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 12th 2011, 2:28 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Not really,its just stupid to say that desean Jackson is better than Calvin Johnson. Compare the qbs that have thrown to desean to the qbs that have thrown to Calvin and think if megatron could have a good qb what numbers he would put up. Calvin has more talent and is a physical freak compared to desean. Megatron is an arguably top 3 wide receiver to desean Jackson who may be top 10. It's almost like comparing Matt schaub or Joe flacco to big Ben or Aaron rodgers.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden August 12th 2011, 2:33 pm

He must have a biased...
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 August 12th 2011, 2:38 pm

I like Cris Carter and his analysis, but in this case I think he is flat out wrong. Calvin Johnson would be my #1 pick if I could have any WR. He is the only reason I fear the Lions at all.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 12th 2011, 3:33 pm

desean jackson is faster Razz
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 12th 2011, 3:46 pm

My top 5:

1:Andre Johnson
2:Larry Fitzgerald
3:Calvin Johnson
4:Roddy White
5:Desean Jackson
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 12th 2011, 4:08 pm

Desean Jackson is the most overrated WR in the NFL. Here is his stats compared to Mike Wallace last year:

Mike Wallace - 60 catches, 1257 yards, 10 TD's, 26 catches of 20 yards or more (most in NFL), 10 catches of 40 yards or more (most in NFL)

Desean Jackson - 47 catches, 1056 yards, 6 TD's, 21 catches of 20 yards or more, 8 catches of 40 yards or more

Not to mention his hands. He had 47 catches and 12 drops!!! Maybe top 15, but definitely not top 5. I am not saying Mike Wallace should be up there too, because IMO he's around 10-12 range. If Stafford stays healthy for a full season, Calvin has the potential to be #1, but currently here is my top 6 list:

1. AJ
2. Fitzy
3. CJ
4. White
5. Wayne
6. Jennings

at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 12th 2011, 4:12 pm

I put D-Jax up there because he is a difference maker on many levels. He draws alot of attention in the slot, and his blazing speed rips defenses apart. Along with that, he's a killer KR/PR which adds a whole new nother dimension to his game that most other #1 WRs simply do not have.
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 12th 2011, 6:21 pm

at23steelers wrote:Desean Jackson is the most overrated WR in the NFL. Here is his stats compared to Mike Wallace last year:

Mike Wallace - 60 catches, 1257 yards, 10 TD's, 26 catches of 20 yards or more (most in NFL), 10 catches of 40 yards or more (most in NFL)

Desean Jackson - 47 catches, 1056 yards, 6 TD's, 21 catches of 20 yards or more, 8 catches of 40 yards or more

Not to mention his hands. He had 47 catches and 12 drops!!! Maybe top 15, but definitely not top 5. I am not saying Mike Wallace should be up there too, because IMO he's around 10-12 range. If Stafford stays healthy for a full season, Calvin has the potential to be #1, but currently here is my top 6 list:

1. AJ
2. Fitzy
3. CJ
4. White
5. Wayne
6. Jennings

Exactly desean is very overrated
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 12th 2011, 6:29 pm

MaddMatt wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20110812/SPORTS01/110812023/1049/sports01?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepDetroitLions+%28freep.com+|+Detroit+Lions%29

So hold up. Calvin Johnson has about the same numbers as Andre Johnson in their first 4 years. But he's not top 5? And DEASEAN FUCKING JACKSON IS A TOP FIVE FUCKING WIDE RECEIVER?!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????

Calvin doesn't get double teamed? Against who? Revis? NO SHIT!
Fitzgerald hasn't had a good QB in "a couple of years" Yeah I guess a borderline Hall of Fame QB sucks. (Only 1 year removed from Warner. )
Oh

Then he goes on to say "so I don’t want to hear the excuse that I’m not playing with a great quarterback" Ok lets look at your top 5 Cris. Andre Johnson has Matt Shaub. Not a Pro Bowler but top a borderline Pro Bowler. Roddy White- Matt Ryan. Larry Fitz- No one, but had Kurt Warner. Desean Jackson- Mike Vick (Yeah he sucked last year didn't he?) Reggie Wayne- PEYTON FUCKING MANNING!

Oh but Cris had "5 different QB's throw to him in his career" CALVIN FUCKING JOHNSON HAD FIVE GAH DAMN QBS IN ONE GAH DAMN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calvin Johnson isn't consistent enough? PLEASE tell me how Desean Jackson is "Consistent".

You know what Cris you're right, when I think of a top 5 WR. I think of a WR that catches 47 passes in a year.

CRIS CARTER IS A FUCKING DUMBASS You just go to show that no one respects anyone on ESPN.

What some people seem to forget when it comes to Warner and Fitz was that Warner didn't suddenly become this stud QB the second he came to Arizona.

He was back-up to McCown for his first season (2005) and then was rotated with Leinart in his second. He didn't become the amazing QB that took the Cardinals to the SB until Whisenhunt arrived in 2007, by which time Fitz had been in the league for a couple of seasons.

So Fitz has only had one good QB to throw him the ball since he entered the league, and that was only for 2 years.. The jury is still out on Kolb.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 12th 2011, 7:01 pm

Calvin Johnson is fucking amazing. Fitzgerald will catch what ever you toss up, Andre will get numbers, desean will out run you. Calvin will do everything. He will catch anything, get numbers, and fucking score
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 13th 2011, 2:52 am

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:I put D-Jax up there because he is a difference maker on many levels. He draws alot of attention in the slot, and his blazing speed rips defenses apart. Along with that, he's a killer KR/PR which adds a whole new nother dimension to his game that most other #1 WRs simply do not have.

You described a "playmaker" not a WR. Thus my argument.

@Mutant, I would agree. But looking at what Calvin has had, those 1 or 2 years with Warner is a shit ton better than what Calvin has had.

Jon Kitna
Dan Orlovsky
Drew fucking Henson
Drew Stanton (improving)
Daunte Culpepper (I mean seriously?)
An unhealthy Matthew Stafford
Shaun Hill

Stafford can be a G if he stays healthy
Hill is an above average back-up
Stanton is wildcard.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 13th 2011, 4:26 am

MaddMatt wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:I put D-Jax up there because he is a difference maker on many levels. He draws alot of attention in the slot, and his blazing speed rips defenses apart. Along with that, he's a killer KR/PR which adds a whole new nother dimension to his game that most other #1 WRs simply do not have.

@Mutant, I would agree. But looking at what Calvin has had, those 1 or 2 years with Warner is a shit ton better than what Calvin has had.

Jon Kitna
Dan Orlovsky
Drew fucking Henson
Drew Stanton (improving)
Shaun Hill

Stanton is wildcard.
if stafford stays healthy this year megatrons numbers will finally match his talent,which means he will put up some big fucking numbers.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 13th 2011, 5:59 am

MaddMatt wrote:

Jon Kitna
Dan Orlovsky
Drew fucking Henson
Drew Stanton (improving)
Shaun Hill

Stanton is wildcard.

You mis-understand.

I'm not saying that Calvin is better or worse than Fitz. I'm saying that all this talk of Fitz having the great Warner to throw to him is a little mis-leading when it took Warner a couple of years and a new coach to settle into the sort of form he made famous in St. Louis with The Greatest Show On Turf.

People thought he was a washed out bum when he arrived in Arizona.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 13th 2011, 6:36 am

maybe all those years playing for the Vikings really created a hatred towards the Lions for Cris Carter because i cant think of any reason he would have Desean Jackson ahead of Megatron...ever
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 13th 2011, 10:40 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:maybe all those years playing for the Vikings really created a hatred towards the Lions for Cris Carter because i cant think of any reason he would have Desean Jackson ahead of Megatron...ever

Top Punt Returners in the NFL?
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 13th 2011, 3:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:maybe all those years playing for the Vikings really created a hatred towards the Lions for Cris Carter because i cant think of any reason he would have Desean Jackson ahead of Megatron...ever

Well he did play for the Eagles and he went to Ohio State, so I guess he hates Detroit?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 13th 2011, 5:02 pm

at23steelers wrote:

Top Punt Returners in the NFL?
At devin hester is one of the greatest return men ever,maybe the best ever. So should that make him a top receiver too? And why is it that I say the same things as capt and epic yet I'm the only one who didn't get street cred Sad
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 13th 2011, 5:39 pm

Desean jackson isnt a top 5 reciever because he is a bitch.

Not because he does this showboat shit but he is only good vertically or pushing routes like slants, anything where he has a running start. He isnt a santonio holmes who can run full speed, stop, turn around, catch, and do crazy shit for a score

I have yet to see jackson make a highlight reel catch where he isnt running 90 yards down the field with no one around. No catches are tip toe drag or catch in traffic, every thing is him running a fly route and having the ball drop to him with no one around him
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next