Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant)

5 posters

Go down

I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant) Empty I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant)

Post  Mutant August 12th 2011, 4:12 pm

This off-season has generally been good for the Cardinals.

We got a couple of key pieces like a QB and a CB to replace the one we traded. Not to mention some depth at DE and a couple of OLine guys to plug the huge holes which let in 50 sacks (joint second only to the Bears).

What I can't understand is why we've failed to get a legit #2 WR to take some of the coverage off Fitzgerald after we lost Breaston to the Chiefs.

There was a shit load of F/A and cheap trade options out there that we could have got, but didin't.

Malcolm Floyd stayed in San Diego
Steve Smith went to Philly
Ochocinco went to New England (I wanted him, even though there was probably no chance of him coming to the desert)
Braylon Edwards went to San Fran
Cotchery went to Pittsburgh
And now Lee Evans went to Baltimore for a goddamn 4th round pick.

All that leaves is Randy Moss (if he unretires) and Terrell Owens.

We have a few decent recievers (outside Fitz who's awesome). The problem is that I don't know if Doucet can stay healthy. He's a very physical WR, very much like Boldin except he's more injury prone. He tore it up in the play-offs vs. the Packers when Boldin was hurt but I think he got hurt in that game or the following week vs. the Saints. Last season was no different. He was expected to tear it up but only played 10 games, starting 5 because of injuries.

Then we have Andre Roberts who we got in the 3rd round last year (CCdog will remember him with hatred, him being the guy who scored that 74 yard TD on the Xmas Day game last year). I dunno what to think of Roberts. I think of him as more of a slot guy rather than a #2. Maybe because he's small (he's only 5' 10").

Outside Roberts and Doucet, it's a bit thin. I don't know much about Chansi Stuckey (maybe Browns can tell me more bout him) and Stephen Williams, whilst good isn't ready to be a #2 WR yet. Komar might get cut and the other Williams (Isaiah), I know next to nothing about. And we got a couple of UDFAs too.

I really wish we'd gone hard after one of those guys listed, any of them. They'd have made our passing offense nasty. Much like the passing offense under Warner - which I lovingly call The Greatest Show On Sand.

Maybe we can trade for Heyward-Bey Very Happy! Or not...!
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant) Empty Re: I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant)

Post  TRU11 August 12th 2011, 4:25 pm

yall mofos need to grow a pair of balls.

all this whining FFS.

there is a good chance the Cards will make the playoffs by winning the division with a 6-10 record.
only team in your division that could be better are the rams cause they actually got a QB.

to bad that QB got nobody to throw to which gives everyone else in the division a chance to win the division.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant) Empty Re: I despair sometimes (sort of Cardinals rant)

Post  PhantomReturns93 August 12th 2011, 4:29 pm

Mutant, expect an Antwaan Randle El signing in the coming days. Its almost guarunteed.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers August 12th 2011, 4:30 pm

DrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Mutant, expect an Antwaan Randle El signing in the coming days. Its almost guarunteed.

What happened to Early? Btw, add Arnaz or Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to that list if either is cut!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 12th 2011, 4:32 pm

TRU11 wrote:yall mofos need to grow a pair of balls.

all this whining FFS.

there is a good chance the Cards will make the playoffs by winning the division with a 6-10 record.
only team in your division that could be better are the rams cause they actually got a QB.

to bad that QB got nobody to throw to which gives everyone else in the division a chance to win the division.

So your ex-homie Todd Heap is garbage? Razz Razz Razz Razz

BURN!

Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 12th 2011, 4:36 pm

at23steelers wrote:
DrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Mutant, expect an Antwaan Randle El signing in the coming days. Its almost guarunteed.

What happened to Early? Btw, add Arnaz or Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to that list if either is cut!

Oh yeah.

I forgot Whiz luvs him some ex-Stiller players.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 12th 2011, 4:44 pm

Mutant wrote:
TRU11 wrote:yall mofos need to grow a pair of balls.

all this whining FFS.

So your ex-homie Todd Heap is garbage? Razz Razz Razz Razz

BURN!

thats below the bealt man Sad

TBH it will be a solid pick up for you guys.
very good blocker and a good catcher but i hope his body will keep it togheter.

having played for years with suckish qbs have greatly shortend his career and it will probaly not be to long before he retires.

he better retire a raven though Mad
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 August 12th 2011, 8:51 pm

I'm a big Ravens fan, so if my boy Lee had to leave the Bills, I'm glad it was to another team I like.

As for the Cards, take a shot on T.O. He leads his team in yards everywhere he goes. Him and Fitz would be one hell of a team.
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down