Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Which coach would make a great President?

+9
Jetsown08
Soarindude02
SteelersJMB
tubbs51
PhantomReturns93
poshmidget
CaptRCG2
MaddMatter
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
13 posters

Go down

Which coach would make a great President? Empty Which coach would make a great President?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 22nd 2011, 7:12 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Which coach would make a great President? Empty Re: Which coach would make a great President?

Post  MaddMatter April 22nd 2011, 7:37 pm

I guess, in no order,

Rex Ryan
Jim Schwartz
Bill Belichick
Sean Payton

Just off the top of my head those guys seem the most "real" out of everyone/ most fan interaction.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Which coach would make a great President? Empty Re: Which coach would make a great President?

Post  CaptRCG2 April 22nd 2011, 7:47 pm

I think of the list they had, I'd take Belichick. He seems like a no nonsense, get the job done, and leave me alone kind of guy. PERFECT for the President of a limited federal govt.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget April 22nd 2011, 8:40 pm

parcells
bellicheck (VP) got my vote

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 22nd 2011, 9:17 pm

Mike Tomlin

He's Black and he's swagnificent

Just like Obama

But he also gets shit done

Unlike Obama
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 22nd 2011, 9:47 pm

The funny thing about politics is that you dont know how some one would act until they're in that spot.

There's no way to predict who'll be a good president or not...

It'd be better if the two party system was scrapped and restrictions placed on election fund raising. Making it fair for all parties including the minuscule ones.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 10:00 pm

Belichick- President
Tomlin- Deparment of Justice Cool
LeBeau- Secretary of Defense afro
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 22nd 2011, 11:01 pm

PETE CARROLL.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 23rd 2011, 12:08 am

Soarindude02 wrote:PETE CARROLL.

Why?

"Pete Carroll: The man who quits when the going gets tough"

Sincerely, The University of Southern Cal.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 12:46 am

Rex Ryan would be the best because he guarantees things that he can never accomplish, just like every single politician to ever take the Oval Office.

If we wanted someone who can get shit done, then Belichick is your man, no way around that. But why stop at president? Our army needs a general, and look no further than Mike Singletary!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 23rd 2011, 1:04 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Rex Ryan would be the best because he guarantees things that he can never accomplish, just like every single politician to ever take the Oval Office.

If we wanted someone who can get shit done, then Belichick is your man, no way around that. But why stop at president? Our army needs a general, and look no further than Mike Singletary!

I was about to say Mike Singletary!! Suspect I would put maybe Parcells at President though.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 1:08 am

Jetsown08 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Rex Ryan would be the best because he guarantees things that he can never accomplish, just like every single politician to ever take the Oval Office.

I was about to say Mike Singletary!! Suspect I would put maybe Parcells at President though.

Sing as president scares me. He would hold press conferences just to scream and yell at people for no reasons. But it would sure be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 23rd 2011, 1:21 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Sing as president scares me. He would hold press conferences just to scream and yell at people for no reasons. But it would sure be interesting.

He would also drop his pants in the middle of a meeting Laughing Laughing
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 23rd 2011, 9:16 am

[quote="PhantomJB93"]Mike Tomlin

He's Black and he's swagnificent

Just like Obama

But he also gets shit done

Unlike Obama[/quote]

Even his timeouts have swagger to them!!! Laughing Laughing
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 23rd 2011, 4:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Belichick- President
Tomlin- Deparment of Justice Cool
LeBeau- Secretary of Defense afro

rexy needs a spot as well lol
along with mike.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 23rd 2011, 4:27 pm

Matt Millen would make a great President.

Face it, could he be any worse than the last three guys who got the job (Clinton, Bush, Obama)?
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 4:32 pm

MUTANT! wrote:Matt Millen would make a great President.

Face it, could he be any worse than the last three guys who got the job (Clinton, Bush, Obama)?

You think all 3 of them sucked?

Matt Millen couldn't run a fucking NFL team, I don't even want him anywhere near a political position
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 23rd 2011, 4:57 pm

[quote="SteelersJMB"][quote="MUTANT!"]Matt Millen would make a great President.

Face it, could he be any worse than the last three guys who got the job (Clinton, Bush, Obama)?[/quote]

Matt Millen couldn't run a fucking NFL team, I don't even want him anywhere near a political position[/quote]

Add in their Jimmy Carter too!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 5:00 pm

[quote="at23steelers"][quote="SteelersJMB"][quote="MUTANT!"]Matt Millen would make a great President.

Face it, could he be any worse than the last three guys who got the job (Clinton, Bush, Obama)?[/quote]

Matt Millen couldn't run a fucking NFL team, I don't even want him anywhere near a political position[/quote]

Add in there Jimmy Carter too![/quote]

Fixed tongue
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 23rd 2011, 5:07 pm

You mean like when he guaranteed he'd have the #1 defense, or the #1 offense? Or that he'd beat the Patriots in the playoffs? Those things that he never accomplished? What a surprise.. sna is wrong about something!!
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 10:53 pm

JermikesHere wrote:

You mean like when he guaranteed he'd have the #1 defense, or the #1 offense? Or that he'd beat the Patriots in the playoffs? Those things that he never accomplished? What a surprise.. sna is wrong about something!!

No I'm talking about the Superbowl's he's guaranteed and has not delivered on, and most likely won't deliver on. Good try, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 10:53 pm

MUTANT! wrote:Matt Millen would make a great President.

You honestly think Matt Millen would be a better president than Clinton?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 10:30 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1.) You don't have a fucking clue what Bush did at his ranch in Texas so don't act like you do.

3.) I understand what you're saying, but in the 8 years he was president I never once heard ANYWHERE in the media that Bush was making an attempt to "save" the housing market. I mean considering that you're saying that the housing market put us in this economic depression, I would think that it would have been a pretty large topic back then, right? Idk, maybe politics are FAR more corrupt then I think. Maybe he did try to save it, and the democrats are all just evil people who wanted to see this country collapse! I'm also guessing that you're republican...

1- Bush met with 18 world leaders at his ranch in Texas. What do you think they were doing during those "vacation days"?

3- Really? You didn't hear anything about the attempts to tighten up on Fannie and Freddie? Really? You don't even know who Barney Frank is, do you? He was also dating one of the heads of Fannie Mae at one point (another man).. but he wasn't playing favorites or anything.

And if you think politics aren't corrupt, you make yourself look SOMEHOW even dumber. Politics are incredible corrupt. And it's not that I'm Republican.. I just like dealing with facts and like to know what I'm talking about, unlike you.

In response:

1 - Sources for that? Or was it just one time that he met with World Leaders, which pardons the other 100+ visits to his ranch.

3- No, I never heard anything about that.

I do realize politics are corrupt. But you being Republican does explain why you put so much blame on Obama and Clinton and hardly any on Bush. I don't even have to be knowledgeable to see the bias.

Like I said I'm not Republican. I lay somewhere in the middle. I'm not a person who likes to sit around waiting for handouts like you and then blame Bush and the big bad Republicans when things don't go my way.

In this case, it was a CLEAR Democratic policy put into place that everyone should have an easier time purchasing homes that led to the ultimate downfall of the housing market.

Ah, makes more sense now. The democrats are 100% at fault for the recession. The republicans had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it.

You're an idiot. You don't even read what is said. You think everything has to be 100% this way or 100% that way and that's just not the way it is. Go on with your extremely ignorant and pathetic Bush-bashing without knowing ANYTHING, which is very evident. If you come at us with FACTS and actually know what you are talking about, I would be able to respect your opinions. But you don't. You don't know what you are talking about at all and it's extremely clear.

Go ahead and ignore everything I posted and just go on with thinking everything in the world is George Bush's fault. It's his fault the gas prices are so high today too I'm sure. He's just trying to finish what his dad started! Laughing Pathetic.

So where in this thread have you NOT demostrated the "100% this or way or 100% that way". You've said NOTHING about what the Republicans did wrong, you've put all the blame on the democrats and have neglected to even bring up anything that Capt. RGC brought up a few posts back.

And if he didn't invade Iraq to finish what his dad started why did he? He said "there are WMD's", which we didn't find *shocker*. And if there was actually a threat to our country, why did he wait until we were attacked to declare war on them?

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 24th 2011, 10:34 pm

[quote="SnA ExclusiVe"]
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1.) You don't have a fucking clue what Bush did at his ranch in Texas so don't act like you do.

3.) I understand what you're saying, but in the 8 years he was president I never once heard ANYWHERE in the media that Bush was making an attempt to "save" the housing market. I mean considering that you're saying that the housing market put us in this economic depression, I would think that it would have been a pretty large topic back then, right? Idk, maybe politics are FAR more corrupt then I think. Maybe he did try to save it, and the democrats are all just evil people who wanted to see this country collapse! I'm also guessing that you're republican...

1- Bush met with 18 world leaders at his ranch in Texas. What do you think they were doing during those "vacation days"?

3- Really? You didn't hear anything about the attempts to tighten up on Fannie and Freddie? Really? You don't even know who Barney Frank is, do you? He was also dating one of the heads of Fannie Mae at one point (another man).. but he wasn't playing favorites or anything.

And if you think politics aren't corrupt, you make yourself look SOMEHOW even dumber. Politics are incredible corrupt. And it's not that I'm Republican.. I just like dealing with facts and like to know what I'm talking about, unlike you.

In response:

1 - Sources for that? Or was it just one time that he met with World Leaders, which pardons the other 100+ visits to his ranch.

3- No, I never heard anything about that.

I do realize politics are corrupt. But you being Republican does explain why you put so much blame on Obama and Clinton and hardly any on Bush. I don't even have to be knowledgeable to see the bias.

Like I said I'm not Republican. I lay somewhere in the middle. I'm not a person who likes to sit around waiting for handouts like you and then blame Bush and the big bad Republicans when things don't go my way.

In this case, it was a CLEAR Democratic policy put into place that everyone should have an easier time purchasing homes that led to the ultimate downfall of the housing market.

Ah, makes more sense now. The democrats are 100% at fault for the recession. The republicans had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it.

You're an idiot. You don't even read what is said. You think everything has to be 100% this way or 100% that way and that's just not the way it is. Go on with your extremely ignorant and pathetic Bush-bashing without knowing ANYTHING, which is very evident. If you come at us with FACTS and actually know what you are talking about, I would be able to respect your opinions. But you don't. You don't know what you are talking about at all and it's extremely clear.

Go ahead and ignore everything I posted and just go on with thinking everything in the world is George Bush's fault. It's his fault the gas prices are so high today too I'm sure. He's just trying to finish what his dad started! Laughing Pathetic.

So where in this thread have you NOT demostrated the "100% this or way or 100% that way". You've said NOTHING about what the Republicans did wrong, you've put all the blame on the democrats and have neglected to even bring up anything that Capt. RGC brought up a few posts back.

And if he didn't invade Iraq to finish what his dad started why did he? He said "there are WMD's", which we didn't find *shocker*. And if there was actually a threat to our country, why did he wait until we were attacked to declare war on them?[/quote]

If you believe Bush lied to do that, then you must also believe that the Clinton's lied, and every other intelligence agency in the world also lied. Is that possible? I don't know. But to think that Bush has the power to do that all by himself is insane.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 10:34 pm

SNA the topic got moved, I'll give you some time to copy and repost it in the correct place. But from here on out any posts about the political debate will get deleted.....because I cant remember how to move posts right now.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down