Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Browns@ Lions

3 posters

Go down

Browns@ Lions Empty Browns@ Lions

Post  MaddMatter August 6th 2012, 10:08 pm

To excited for the game, so I'm making this thread now.

Browns, what are you looking for during this game?

I want to see a couple things.

The 2nd LB unit. Doug Houge, Travis Lewis and Tajir Whitehead. Houge and Whitehead especially because I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Kellen Moore, I finally get to care about our 3rd unit! Plus I want to see how well he does against real competition, not just the Lions. He has looked good in camp, it seemed like he would take the snap and get rid of it within 2 seconds, for a short gain, while also taking his deep shots.

Willie Young- There is a great chance he takes over for Cliff Avril next season, he has looked just as good as Avril in his absence. But it will be fun to see him start, because I don't think Cliff is playing the first game.

I think Browns is excited to see Weeden and Richardson. Hopefully, neither of them get hurt. That would suck.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Browns@ Lions Empty Re: Browns@ Lions

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2012, 12:49 am

Some quick notes on the game.

Brandon Weeden, besides that one deep pass, didn't impress me at all. Colt McCoy looked much more comfortable. Weeden took chances and should have had 2 picks if Bill Bentley didn't drop the one that hit him in the numbers. Colt may not have had the numbers, but he didn't put the ball in a dangerous spot. There were at least 2 plays that could have been big plays/touchdowns if his receivers were a little better. The main one being when #80 was wide open and Colt just lofted it up to him and #80 couldn't find the ball.

Bill Bentley- Looked pretty good for a rookie CB in his first game. It may be up against the Browns WR's (no offense Browns) but he looked good. Outside of the deep pass he gave up he had an INT and jumped another route for a what would have been pick-6. Not good, not bad. Definitely excited to see him throughout the season.

Lions D-line: Looked nasty. Tons of pressure and Willie Young made 3 really good plays. The fumble on Weeden was a smart play, instead of going for the sack, he went for the ball.

Kellen Moore: Meh. Nothing good, nothing bad. He had two passes to Terrence Toliver, one Toliver dropped the other was a deep ball for Toliver to make a play on and couldn't. The rollout play to his left to convert a 3rd down was impressive. Outside of that, I need to see more Moore.

Joique Bell- Ran well. I think the Browns' LB's over pursued to much, because it seemed like every time the Lions ran the ball, they cut it back and it didn't look like it was by design.

Officiating- I thought was decent. Nothing really bad until the 2 minute warning in the 1st half. Then flags started to fly. I thought there were a couple of questionable calls. But nothing major from what I saw. Maybe Browns can give more input on the officiating if he saw it.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 11th 2012, 12:52 am

Wish I coulda seen it. Just heard that Weeden stunk it up.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2012, 12:54 am

Stephen wrote:Wish I coulda seen it. Just heard that Weeden stunk it up.

Two turnovers, a fumble and an INT. I mean it's pre-season so don't look into it to much, but I think if Colt McCoy had a true #1 WR he would do alright.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 11th 2012, 12:58 am

MaddMatter wrote:

Two turnovers, a fumble and an INT. I mean it's pre-season so don't look into it to much, but I think if Colt McCoy had a true #1 WR he would do alright.
They did Colt wrong. Dude has 0 weapons. His RB used to be Peyton Hillis like really.Surround him with some people that can actually do things.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 11th 2012, 2:10 am

Stephen wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

They did Colt wrong. Dude has 0 weapons. His RB used to be Peyton Hillis like really.Surround him with some people that can actually do things.

Agreed, they never really gave him a fair chance in my opinion.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns August 11th 2012, 1:43 pm

Weeden played better than his numbers, not great, but better than his numbers.
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down