Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Lions @ Ravens

5 posters

Go down

Lions @ Ravens  Empty Lions @ Ravens

Post  MaddMatter August 18th 2012, 12:53 am

Alright so here are my thoughts on the game.

Refs: I'll give them a B, B-. The Lions first drive was terrible, they didn't know if the Lions had a first down or if it was 3rd down, took like 2 minutes to figure out. Very Frustrating. Then there was a penalty on the Lions, a phantom facemask from the camera angles, but it took like 4 minutes to figure out where the ball should be spotted. Besides that it was just a sloppy game. But I thought after the first quarter they did a fairly decent job. A couple of missed calls but nothing to serious.

Lions:

1. Megatron is a God. I don't give a fuck who was covering him. lol
2. I liked what I saw from Kevin Smith early. I'm starting to think, even when we do get Leshoure back from his suspension, that Smith will still be the starter.
3. I think the Lions actually have 5 NFL caliber RB's. Keiland Williams is a decent back up. But Joique Bell has but together some good games, besides the fumble on the 1 yard line. I think he has outperformed Williams. I think Stephon Green has a chance to make an NFL roster just because of his quickness.
4. Jonte Green needs to learn to turn his head around in coverage. He gets beat to many times because he doesn't turn his head around to locate the ball.
5. Titus Young TD, get used to it
6. I'm really liking this Messina kid. Didn't know anything about him until last week, but he has made some plays. I doubt he makes the team and I doubt he makes the Lions practice squad, because I think he'll get picked up by Indy or someone high on the waiver list.
7. Is it Dainey? From Western Kentucky. He looked good for the Ravens. Real good. He made Ashlee Palmer look silly 2 or 3 times.
8. Doug Houge, our 2nd year LB from Syracuse looks like he has shown tons of improvement over last year, he seems like a sure tackler.
9. I never really liked John Wendling, I thought he was a career special teamer. But from what I've seen at practice and in the games, he looks like a solid back up.
10. More on the safeties: I think Amari Spievey is pretty much done as a starter, he takes terrible angles and doesn't make enough plays.
11. I think Erik Coleman has looked solid in coverage so far. The safety spot has quickly become a fun battle to watch for playing time.
12. Kellen Moore looked light years better from last week. If he doesn't make the 53 he'll be on the PS for sure.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Lions @ Ravens  Empty Re: Lions @ Ravens

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 18th 2012, 8:40 am

MaddMatter wrote:Alright so here are my thoughts on the game.

Refs: I'll give them a B, B-. The Lions first drive was terrible, they didn't know if the Lions had a first down or if it was 3rd down, took like 2 minutes to figure out. Very Frustrating. Then there was a penalty on the Lions, a phantom facemask from the camera angles, but it took like 4 minutes to figure out where the ball should be spotted. Besides that it was just a sloppy game. But I thought after the first quarter they did a fairly decent job. A couple of missed calls but nothing to serious.

Lions:

1. Megatron is a God. I don't give a fuck who was covering him. lol
2. I liked what I saw from Kevin Smith early. I'm starting to think, even when we do get Leshoure back from his suspension, that Smith will still be the starter.
3. I think the Lions actually have 5 NFL caliber RB's. Keiland Williams is a decent back up. But Joique Bell has but together some good games, besides the fumble on the 1 yard line. I think he has outperformed Williams. I think Stephon Green has a chance to make an NFL roster just because of his quickness.
4. Jonte Green needs to learn to turn his head around in coverage. He gets beat to many times because he doesn't turn his head around to locate the ball.
5. Titus Young TD, get used to it
6. I'm really liking this Messina kid. Didn't know anything about him until last week, but he has made some plays. I doubt he makes the team and I doubt he makes the Lions practice squad, because I think he'll get picked up by Indy or someone high on the waiver list.
7. Is it Dainey? From Western Kentucky. He looked good for the Ravens. Real good. He made Ashlee Palmer look silly 2 or 3 times.
8. Doug Houge, our 2nd year LB from Syracuse looks like he has shown tons of improvement over last year, he seems like a sure tackler.
9. I never really liked John Wendling, I thought he was a career special teamer. But from what I've seen at practice and in the games, he looks like a solid back up.
10. More on the safeties: I think Amari Spievey is pretty much done as a starter, he takes terrible angles and doesn't make enough plays.
11. I think Erik Coleman has looked solid in coverage so far. The safety spot has quickly become a fun battle to watch for playing time.
12. Kellen Moore looked light years better from last week. If he doesn't make the 53 he'll be on the PS for sure.

For the Ravens:

1. Flacco looks GOOD. I like how hes getting the ball out quicker, how we are using the "sugar" huddle and tiring out defenses. Our offense will be good this year. I thought we need to work on our red zone offense a little bit more. Laquan Williams needed to catch that ball a little better in the endzone or we would have a had a TD.
2. Rice looked like his same old self.
3. Boldin as well.
4. I though our Offensive line did a little better than last week, but will more quick passes that will help the oline.
5. Bobby Rainey is almost a spitting image of Rice, and Im talking about his play. Hes short and qucik and has alot of burst. I see him as out number 3 running back with Pierce as number 2
6. Bernard Peirce looked good, he has some strong legs and showed them on his runs.

Now, on to our D, lol.
7. I'll give it to Calvin Johnson, hes the best in the league. But man oh man, out pass D needs some work. Jimmy Smith should have turned around and located the ball better on the TD, that could have been deflected.
8. We need some pass rush, at times Stafford has time, when he shouldn't have. Now, before anyone says I told you so about suggs, I'll say this, one man doesnt make up your entire pass rush. Kruger, and others need to step it up. I thought Courtney Upshaw played well. He almost had a sack in I think the 2nd or third when Hill spun around to avoid it.
9. Carrie Williams needs to GO! Hes gotten worked now in the past two games, hes not our answer at starting corner. Put Webb and Smith on the outside.

All in all I thought out First team played well. Granted its only the second preseason game, so there are still some kinks to work out. But our corners need to work and get better, because I get the feeling we will get burned in the passing game this season....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 18th 2012, 9:37 am

All I saw was Matt Stafford holding an umbrella to keep the reporter from getting wet while interviewing him and I thought: "You fucking classy bitch"
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 18th 2012, 9:55 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:All I saw was Matt Stafford holding an umbrella to keep the reporter from getting wet while interviewing him and I thought: "You fucking classy bitch"

lol, Ray Rice did the same thing.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 18th 2012, 10:10 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:All I saw was Matt Stafford holding an umbrella to keep the reporter from getting wet while interviewing him and I thought: "You fucking classy bitch"

lol, Ray Rice did the same thing.

Classy motherfucking bitches
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 18th 2012, 10:16 am

i think of them as just 'bitches'
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 18th 2012, 3:07 pm

That sugar huddle shit looks kind of cool. I think it'd be fun to watch how that progresses all year.

At one point, I think during the 1st quarter. The Lions D-Line had 4 lineman, but only 1 was down. The other 3 were standing up like LB's at the LOS, I don't know if that was by design or because of the sugar huddle but it was kickass.

Oh and our special teams was terrible outside of Willie Young getting the blocked punt.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 18th 2012, 3:33 pm

MaddMatter wrote:That sugar huddle shit looks kind of cool
?
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 18th 2012, 3:52 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
?

It's what the Ravens are calling their offense.

It's not a full blown no huddle, but it's a no huddle. Pretty much they'll go no huddle, but huddle for like 2 seconds. I don't know why it's called "Sugar Huddle" Ask Brian Billick that lol

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 18th 2012, 4:16 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

It's not a full blown no huddle, but it's a no huddle. Pretty much they'll go no huddle, but huddle for like 2 seconds. I don't know why it's called "Sugar Huddle" Ask Brian Billick that lol

Brian Billick? What is this, 2002?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 18th 2012, 4:33 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

He works with FOX now, he was working the game last night. As he does for most Lion games.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 18th 2012, 8:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

He works with FOX now, he was working the game last night. As he does for most Lion games.

And so he coaches the Ravens still? No? SO WHY ASK BRIAN BILLICK? WHY NOT ASK THEIR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR?! YOU DUMB FUCK! GOTTA YA!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 18th 2012, 8:45 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

And so he coaches the Ravens still? No? SO WHY ASK BRIAN BILLICK? WHY NOT ASK THEIR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR?! YOU DUMB FUCK! GOTTA YA!
Maybe Brian Billick was calling the game and is the one who called it the sugar huddle which is why matt is saying to ask him why it's called that you fucking stupid canadian low life fuck.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 18th 2012, 8:48 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

Maybe Brian Billick was calling the game and is the one who called it the sugar huddle which is why matt is saying to ask him why it's called that you fucking stupid canadian low life fuck.

Silly Texan trying to speak English and such
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 18th 2012, 10:07 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
?

At least someone understands.

And Hurp, why would you ask the defensive coordinator about the offensive style? Silly Canadian.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down