Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi

+5
scrimmage
CaptRCG2
Soarindude02
Thadden
MaddMatter
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi Empty Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi

Post  MaddMatter May 12th 2011, 6:44 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/10/mail/index.html

THE MARKET FOR NNAMDI. "As always, great column. That said, what are your thoughts on Nnamdi Asomugha? It appears the Eagles are planning on making a big run at him, only drafting one cornerback, in what seem to be the team's most glaring need. I'd appreciate your thoughts, realizing that this bogus lockout is limiting your ability to gather information on player movements.''
--Adam, Philadelphia

That last statement is absolutely right. Teams are very, very careful to not tip their hands on free agents, for fear of being wrist-slapped (or worse) by the league. I could see five teams with big wallets going after him: Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Detroit and the Jets -- but the Jets ONLY if there's not going to be a salary cap in 2011. See, that's the difficult thing to forecast. If there's a cap, I can't see the Jets in the running, because paying two cornerbacks a combined $35 million a year (or some such lunatic number) would squeeze too many contributing players off their team. Detroit's probably a dark horse, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ford family, which has to be as excited about its team as it's been since the prime Barry Sanders days, would authorize a big check for Asomugha.

Lions...Nnamdi?

I personally don't see it happening. I think Philly has the best chance

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi Empty Re: Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi

Post  Thadden May 12th 2011, 8:12 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/10/mail/index.html

THE MARKET FOR NNAMDI. "As always, great column. That said, what are your thoughts on Nnamdi Asomugha? It appears the Eagles are planning on making a big run at him, only drafting one cornerback, in what seem to be the team's most glaring need. I'd appreciate your thoughts, realizing that this bogus lockout is limiting your ability to gather information on player movements.''
--Adam, Philadelphia

That last statement is absolutely right. Teams are very, very careful to not tip their hands on free agents, for fear of being wrist-slapped (or worse) by the league. I could see five teams with big wallets going after him: Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Detroit and the Jets -- but the Jets ONLY if there's not going to be a salary cap in 2011. See, that's the difficult thing to forecast. If there's a cap, I can't see the Jets in the running, because paying two cornerbacks a combined $35 million a year (or some such lunatic number) would squeeze too many contributing players off their team. Detroit's probably a dark horse, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ford family, which has to be as excited about its team as it's been since the prime Barry Sanders days, would authorize a big check for Asomugha.

Lions...Nnamdi?

I personally don't see it happening. I think Philly has the best chance

Thanks for being confident in Philly, I hope we get him... not sure if it will happen. If it doesn't... we're screwed
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi Empty Re: Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi

Post  Soarindude02 May 12th 2011, 8:21 pm

Bucs might make a run for him. At least, I hope they do.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 12th 2011, 8:31 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:Bucs might make a run for him. At least, I hope they do.
Good possibility with Aquib Talib most likely gone. Good young football team that could really use veteran leadership
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 May 12th 2011, 8:48 pm

If the Bucs put up the cash they'd need to land Aso, I'll be shittin' kittens. cat
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  scrimmage May 12th 2011, 9:12 pm

Pretty sure he's going to one of the other three NFC East teams in the run for him, sadly ...
scrimmage
scrimmage

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 12th 2011, 9:26 pm

I don't see the Jets making a play for Nnamdi, to be honest. Before putting the Jets on that list, I would put Green Bay and Baltimore.

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 12th 2011, 10:42 pm

If the Lions get Nnamdi they are instantly playoff wild card contenders, even if Stafford gets hurt again.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 12th 2011, 10:44 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:If the Lions get Nnamdi they are instantly playoff wild card contenders, even if Stafford gets hurt again.

What if they got Nnamdi, and then signed Bulger or some other good FA QB like McNabb to be their backup / 75% of the regular season Starter? OMFG mindexplosion!

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 12th 2011, 11:10 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I don't see the Jets making a play for Nnamdi, to be honest. Before putting the Jets on that list, I would put Green Bay and Baltimore.

i really hope the Jets DONT make a play for Nnamdi, not only will he be very expensive, i just think hes very overated
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 12:08 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I don't see the Jets making a play for Nnamdi, to be honest. Before putting the Jets on that list, I would put Green Bay and Baltimore.

i really hope the Jets DONT make a play for Nnamdi, not only will he be very expensive, i just think hes very overated

Haha, I'm willing to bet that if they sign him you'll claim he's the greatest corner ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 13th 2011, 12:40 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Haha, I'm willing to bet that if they sign him you'll claim he's the greatest corner ever.

lol, naw im not like that at all, if i dont like a player it wont change my mind because my team signs him...i dont HATE Nnamdi, and i know hes a "decent" CB but all the hype that comes with him is blown out of proportion...like i said hes 'decent" not great and if the Jets signed him i wouldnt change my stance on that.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 12:55 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

lol, naw im not like that at all, if i dont like a player it wont change my mind because my team signs him...i dont HATE Nnamdi, and i know hes a "decent" CB but all the hype that comes with him is blown out of proportion...like i said hes 'decent" not great and if the Jets signed him i wouldnt change my stance on that.

Wow, if he's decent....then idk what a good, or pretty or even a great corner is.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 13th 2011, 1:00 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Wow, if he's decent....then idk what a good, or pretty or even a great corner is.

this is what a GREAT CB is....

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi Reviss
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 1:02 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

this is what a GREAT CB is....

Peter Kings 5 Teams in play for Nnamdi Reviss

Of course

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 1:47 am

C'mon Sna I don't see why your soo surprised Laughing
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 2:11 am

SteelersJMB wrote:C'mon Sna I don't see why your soo surprised Laughing

What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be surprised that a Jets homer thinks Darrelle Revis is the best CB ever to grace the NFL? lol

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 13th 2011, 2:29 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

What if they got Nnamdi, and then signed Bulger or some other good FA QB like McNabb to be their backup / 75% of the regular season Starter? OMFG mindexplosion!

Why the hell would they do that? Shaun Hill is better than both of them? Shaun Hill did a great job running Linehans offense and got better as the season progressed.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 13th 2011, 10:40 am

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Why the hell would they do that? Shaun Hill is better than both of them? Shaun Hill did a great job running Linehans offense and got better as the season progressed.

Well I think you are missing the point Matt. Marc Bulger just spent a year with the Ravens getting mentored by Ray Lewis.. so if he can take that amazing year of experience over to Detroit, that automatically gives them a 4-5 win improvement over last year. Get it now?
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 13th 2011, 10:41 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be surprised that a Jets homer thinks Darrelle Revis is the best CB ever to grace the NFL? lol

He didn't say that. He said Revis is a great corner and better than Asomugha. Two pretty clearly true statements. He didn't go and make up a ton of fake stats and bullshit like you would do.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 12:20 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He didn't say that. He said Revis is a great corner and better than Asomugha. Two pretty clearly true statements. He didn't go and make up a ton of fake stats and bullshit like you would do.

Noo all he did was come with no stats and say Revis is a better CB.
Just like when you say Sanchez is better than Flacco or Flacco is better than Sanchez.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 13th 2011, 12:27 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Just like when you say Sanchez is better than Flacco or Flacco is better than Sanchez.

Actually, when I make claims about Sanchez or Flacco I fully support them with stats and REAL things. Like how Joe Flacco is a choke artist and sucks in any and all big games. You must have missed those 500 posts I made on the subject I guess?

Same goes for Revis and Asomugha.. Revis consistently covers other team's #1 receivers, shuts them down, has a lower completion % against, etc.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 12:35 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Actually, when I make claims about Sanchez or Flacco I fully support them with stats and REAL things. Like how Joe Flacco is a choke artist and sucks in any and all big games. You must have missed those 500 posts I made on the subject I guess?

Same goes for Revis and Asomugha.. Revis consistently covers other team's #1 receivers, shuts them down, has a lower completion % against, etc.

Here we go again..
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 12:41 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Here we go again..

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 13th 2011, 12:44 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Here we go again..

Well why are you starting it? That's a very sna-ish thing of you to do. Make a completely inaccurate troll comment such as saying I provide no stats or facts when I say Flacco sucks, when all I do is provide stats and things on the topic. Also, nobody was even talking about Sanchez and Flacco, so why did you bring them up?

All I said was that what puppetz said is generally regarded as truth by the majority of NFL analysts, coaches, players, observers, and fans. 1.) Revis is a great corner 2.) Revis is better than Asomugha. Obviously is an opinion, but one that is shared by the great majority.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum