Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over?

+3
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over?

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_lcap0%Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_lcap88%Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_lcap12%Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Empty Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over?

Post  Pintsizedjark January 9th 2013, 2:18 am

Following the disaster in Washington on Sunday, I was extremely pessimistic and I assumed RG3's career was actually over. Though, after doing some thinking, I came to form the opinion that he can return to dominance in this league and continue to be dominant so long as his number of runs is cut down, and that those runs don't include inside runs.

My dad, on the other hand, is absolutely sure RG3 is done...like, to the point that he thinks they should just cut him now to save themselves the trouble and to not waste anyone's time. He thinks RG3 will be injury prone for the duration of his career and will be "mediocre at best."

I think RG3 is too accurate and too elusive in ordinary passing plays to fail, if he can return to even close to what he was prior to the Baltimore injury; then I think he can be successful in the NFL. For those of you who watched the Seattle game, do not judge him based on the many poor throws he made, they were a direct result of his injury (before the game I actually saw a statistic on ESPN that said he was 3rd in the NFL in terms of lowest percentage of passes incomplete due to missing the receiver outright, behind Drew Brees and Matt Ryan)

what do you guys think?

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Empty Re: Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 9th 2013, 5:00 am

With my experience of football, knee injuries are iffy. I tore both maniscuses in college and did not get surgery because they werent bad enough. When it is cold outside, my knees swell up and ache like a bitch.

He has tore and had repaired both ACLs, all he did was sprain his LCL and MCL. They are important ligaments but they aren't career ending. He is a skinny guy. You get hit, shit shifts around in your body, you get hurt.

His career will be fine. They will run him less and he is a good enough passer where he can still be very effective as a QB. He reminds me a lot of randal cunningham. He can run, break tackles, make amazing throws, but gets hurt. He isn't like Vick where he will never play 16 games, in a season where he was the 2nd leading rusher, he started 15 games and could have started 16 (excluding playoffs)

You have little to worry about
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Empty Re: Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over?

Post  Pintsizedjark January 9th 2013, 6:18 am

"all he did was sprain his LCL and MCL"

??

they are completely sure he tore his LCL and are pretty sure he ACL is fucked, they just won't know for sure until they get in there

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 9th 2013, 10:44 am

Not sure about LCL's but I wouldn't be worried about an ACL. I really started to feel like myself again about 10 months after surgery. But again, I wasn't getting the same rehab the pros do.

I fully expect to see RGIII out there opening day in 2013.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 9th 2013, 4:45 pm

Man redskins fans have hit rock bottom it seems lol It'll be alright man. Just go on with your daily activities.

Then again RG3 is sponsored by Adidas and we know what happens to people sponsored by Adidas...

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Rose

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Shumpert_knee-injury
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 9th 2013, 5:40 pm

I think when he recovers he'll be great again. It will take maybe a year after the surgeries but I think he'll come back. I just think he will become very prone to injury and will eventually be forced to retire. Another ACL and hes probably gone. 2 ACL surgeries in 3 years is tough and I dont think anyone has ever come back after 3 ACL tears
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 9th 2013, 5:55 pm

Thadden wrote:I think when he recovers he'll be great again. It will take maybe a year after the surgeries but I think he'll come back. I just think he will become very prone to injury and will eventually be forced to retire. Another ACL and hes probably gone. 2 ACL surgeries in 3 years is tough and I dont think anyone has ever come back after 3 ACL tears
MY BOY THOMAS DAVIS CAME BACK FROM HIS 3RD THIS YEAR AND POSTED 120+ TACKLES. *TEAR*
Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Davis_2
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 9th 2013, 6:13 pm

Stephen wrote:
Thadden wrote:I think when he recovers he'll be great again. It will take maybe a year after the surgeries but I think he'll come back. I just think he will become very prone to injury and will eventually be forced to retire. Another ACL and hes probably gone. 2 ACL surgeries in 3 years is tough and I dont think anyone has ever come back after 3 ACL tears
MY BOY THOMAS DAVIS CAME BACK FROM HIS 3RD THIS YEAR AND POSTED 120+ TACKLES. *TEAR*
Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? Davis_2
Oh I thought it was only two... But anyway, it rarely ever happens
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy January 9th 2013, 6:19 pm

hes so young Im sure he'll recover from it just fine.

Its not like we are talking about some elder vet who's best years are behind him and hes doing as a way to possibly scartch out a few more years. He'll be fine..
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 9th 2013, 7:20 pm

Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 9th 2013, 7:37 pm

It is being blown out of proportion. ESPN and everybody else is acting as though RG3 will never play another snap in the NFL, that he should basically retire....

....I am sensing they are doing this in order to make it seem more remarkable when he has a good year next year.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 9th 2013, 7:51 pm

Probably true but it looked really bad. When you consider that ACL tears can still end careers even despite medical advancements it still happens occasionally. Additionally, players historically dont come back as good after a tear and are normally fucked after two to the same knee.

This will be interesting though. Quarterbacks normally come back well but as a running quarterback it will be interesting to see how everything turns out
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 9th 2013, 8:15 pm

Oh man, going back to my adidas myth. John Wall signed with Adidas today. As if it wasn't already bad enough...smh.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 10th 2013, 10:28 am

Thadden wrote:Probably true but it looked really bad. When you consider that ACL tears can still end careers even despite medical advancements it still happens occasionally. Additionally, players historically dont come back as good after a tear and are normally fucked after two to the same knee.

This will be interesting though. Quarterbacks normally come back well but as a running quarterback it will be interesting to see how everything turns out

....doctors say most people are stronger in their knee/leg after having ACL surgery.

Some of you are thinking an ACL is something terrible, but really, it's like an initiation into the NFL. Almost like your not an NFL player until you've gone through an ACL tear.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 10th 2013, 6:19 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:Probably true but it looked really bad. When you consider that ACL tears can still end careers even despite medical advancements it still happens occasionally. Additionally, players historically dont come back as good after a tear and are normally fucked after two to the same knee.

....doctors say most people are stronger in their knee/leg after having ACL surgery.

Some of you are thinking an ACL is something terrible, but really, it's like an initiation into the NFL. Almost like your not an NFL player until you've gone through an ACL tear.

The QB Marve for purdue played the whole year with an ACL tear, and as to the shit about being stronger is about how they almost double wrap the shit like a tommy john surgery.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 10th 2013, 6:24 pm

EPICx69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

The QB Marve for purdue played the whole year with an ACL tear, and as to the shit about being stronger is about how they almost double wrap the shit like a tommy john surgery.

Aint that the truth, I had much respect for Purdues QB when I heard he was playing with a torn ACL. You keep the brace on from making sure you knee doesn't give out. People act like you can't do shit with a torn ACL. Which isn't true. You don't even need to get your ACL repaired if it gets torn, it's just recommended if you play sports.

I consider my ACL scar a badge. lol

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark January 10th 2013, 6:53 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

I'm sure there are a ton of all-pro and hall of fame players that never endured an ACL tear; and the manner in which RG3 suffered his is not some sort of initiation, it was a disaster following a series of terrible decisions.

and an ACL IS terrible when the threat a player provides is derived from his ability to be mobile (not everyone is like Adrian Peterson)

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 10th 2013, 6:58 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

I'm sure there are a ton of all-pro and hall of fame players that never endured an ACL tear; and the manner in which RG3 suffered his is not some sort of initiation, it was a disaster following a series of terrible decisions.

and an ACL IS terrible when the threat a player provides is derived from his ability to be mobile (not everyone is like Adrian Peterson)

Pint, I speak from experience. He'll be alright.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 10th 2013, 7:12 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Pint, I speak from experience. He'll be alright.
http://www.empowereddoctor.com/acl-injuries-with-nfl-players-orthopedics
Well, I think you're underrating the significance of the ACL tear.

"This new research in the American Journal of Sports Medicine looking specifically at ACL injuries in NFL players found those who suffer one of these injuries will likely never be the same player again."

"They're only playing at approximately 2/3rds of the level they were playing at before the injury."

"Perhaps the most concerning stat is that one fifth--21 percent--of the injured players never played another NFL game."

"This study gives us pause and says even in the best case scenarios these are players who are going to work their butts off doing rehab 8 hours a day to get back to playing and even then a fifth of them, 20 percent aren't getting back to playing"
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 11th 2013, 1:12 am

People are being way to melo dramatic. OH NO, INJURY, HE WILL NEVER PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN...

relax.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 11th 2013, 1:35 pm

Fuck it I'm done arguing about it. What does the guy who tore his ACL know about ACL surgery?

You know what, RGIII won't ever walk again.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark January 11th 2013, 2:31 pm

lol, my original question was not whether or not he could simply 'play' again, it was essentially whether or not he could put up a 102.4 passer rating whilst still being the fastest and most elusive qb in the league

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 11th 2013, 5:03 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote: most elusive qb in the league
Well he was never that so.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 11th 2013, 5:06 pm

inb4 RG3 is super fast therefore he is the most elusive.

Are RG3's "extraordinary" days over? CAM-NEWTON-DOIN-WORK
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark January 11th 2013, 7:25 pm

great play undoubtedly, against a horrid defense but a good run nonetheless.

you've obviously seen Newton play more than I have and I've seen RG3 play more than you have; we're not going to convince each other of anything.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next