Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers

+9
Pintsizedjark
MaddMatter
BaltRavensFan20
tubbs51
Nef77
KWicK78
S
Thadden
HurpDurpHurray
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers - Page 4 Empty Re: Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers

Post  Nef77 February 5th 2013, 7:04 am

TRU11 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:Dumbass, I get the scheme. I know the rule. Read the post before you ignorantly reply again.

If 10 guys can purposely hold and not one of them get called for it, what does that tell you about all the other shit you got away with on your "goal line stand"?

hahahah maybe if you had a QB who can throw a ball into the redzone you might had a chance lol.
or maybe you should have ran the ball.

right now you are just a sore loser blaiming everything else except your own team.

you guys got some calls go your way and had a big non call go your way.

if they actually made the call on that defender hitting flacco out of bound on 3rd and goal , this would not have been an issue.

consider yourself lucky they even gave you a chance to win the game.

loved how deion sanders said that if it was peyton or brady being hit like that , it would have been called and they guy would have been ejected Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing.

You know how you got down the field? Culliver PI doing the same thing Smith did. Instead of a 3 and out and 9ers ball with good position, your drive gets extended. Video proof please. Still waiting.

Don't ignore what's already been shown. Crabtree, held. The whole 49ers punt cover unit, held.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 February 5th 2013, 8:02 am

Nef77 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:Dumbass, I get the scheme. I know the rule. Read the post before you ignorantly reply again.

If 10 guys can purposely hold and not one of them get called for it, what does that tell you about all the other shit you got away with on your "goal line stand"?

hahahah maybe if you had a QB who can throw a ball into the redzone you might had a chance lol.
or maybe you should have ran the ball.

right now you are just a sore loser blaiming everything else except your own team.

you guys got some calls go your way and had a big non call go your way.

if they actually made the call on that defender hitting flacco out of bound on 3rd and goal , this would not have been an issue.

consider yourself lucky they even gave you a chance to win the game.

loved how deion sanders said that if it was peyton or brady being hit like that , it would have been called and they guy would have been ejected Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing.

You know how you got down the field? Culliver PI doing the same thing Smith did. Instead of a 3 and out and 9ers ball with good position, your drive gets extended. Video proof please. Still waiting.

Don't ignore what's already been shown. Crabtree, held. The whole 49ers punt cover unit, held.

im not going to post vids lol.
we won and game speak for itself.

culliver was past 5 yards lol.
wasent even close.

also that ball was catchable unlike that shitty pass keap threw lol.

only a niners fan can compare both.

you guys just sucked balls and needed a blackout to even make this a game.
not to mention a flop and non call.

done arguing with you.

Ravens Won.
Niners lost.

good luck next time Laughing Laughing Laughing
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 5th 2013, 10:01 am

Nef77 wrote:@ the Balt homer

Wait so the video where Smith grabs Crabs is nothing but you accuse the 49ers of rigging a stadium that is across the country from SF without no fuckin evidence. Plain stupidity.

In case you didn't know, the 9ers stood on the same dark field as the Ravens yesterday. It's not like the score was 0-0 when the game restarted. Get a fuckin clue, you lost your lead and got saved by bullshit.

What happened first, Smith grabbing on to Crabtree or Crabs fending him off? You expect Crabs to flop with the Super Bowl on the line? That was defensive holding and the video shows it. You can actually watch the video unlike your bullshit "9ers rigged the lights" claim. Crabtree steps outward and it's Smith who comes and grabs him.

Oh wait, that call shouldn't decide the Super Bowl? What about all the other calls that did? The drive with your last FG. Your 1st 3rd down conversion was the same shit. It should've been 3 and out again with the Niners getting good field position down only 2 if we played by the same "don't let a flag decide the Super Bowl" rules.

I understand you trying to defend your team, but don't do it with factless bullshit like "Boomer was nowhere to be seen during the blackout, and hes a known Ravens hater". Proof brah.

Ok, so before you start putting words in my mouth, why don't I clarify what I had said, NOWHERE IN MY POST did I say that the 49ers caused or rigged the blackout. So don't even start that crap and trying to prove you point with it, because its false. I actually commended your team on a good game, and yet you start with that? What would the 49ers have to gain by doing that? If it would have been discovered they would be destroyed by everyone and would have lost all respect, so what would they have to gain? If its one thing I hate, its people twisting words that are false to prove their point.

Second of all, don't you think its a wee bit coincidental, that the blackout happened after Jone's TD return? THINK ABOUT IT. All the momentum was on the Ravens side at that point, momentum from the first half, and momentum from the TD return. If the game would have kept going, I feel the Ravens would have most likely run away with the game. Goodell doesn't want blowouts, he wants to keep fans with interesting close SBs. What better way than to cause a blackout and get rid of any momentum the Ravens had. I'm not saying Goodell did it either, for all we know it could have been Vegas. It just seems too fishy to me, and too timely placed at the right time. I've seen staged crap before, a guy I work with whos a steelers fan even believes some parts of the NFL have been staged. Personally I do feel that the NFL has been staged. I even knew there would end up being something controversial in this game that would put a bad spot on the Ravens win, which I was hoping wouldn't happen.

I just watched the video. What I saw was both players battling for about 5 yrds (which is allowed), and smith grabbing Crabtree, and Crabtree pushing on Smiths helmet. Both of which seemed to happen at almost of the same time (I will give Crabtree the edge with time, in that smith grabbed first). I dont have Ravens blinders on, people have their own views on it, there are anaylists that have the same views I do. Sometimes its hard for anyone to judge how much time either of them was grabbing and pushing. I still feel its the right call after watching it. Both of them would have had a fair chance either way of defending a, In my opinion, overthrown catch. Kap was pressured, he didn't have a chance to step into his throw.

On the safety, I read what Tru had written also. Hes right. While yes they were holding, what sense would it have been to throw a flag? It would have been a safety if they didn't throw it, and would have been one since it was holding in the endzone, the only thing it would have saved you was a little more time maybe. So its really no point in arguing about it. The turnout would have been the same.

There are still calls you haven't responded to. You still haven't acknowledged the hit on Flacco out of bounds. I'll even throw in the Roughing the Passer call on Ngata. How the heck is a guy Ngatas size supposed to just stop on a dime? I know they have to call it, but if theres one stupid rule I wish they would change, is calling roughing the passer on a 300+ some lineman who can't just stop when hes already going full speed on a guy, its just stupid.

You act like the 49ers were the only ones not causing penalties and such, when BOTH teams were going at it, and BOTH teams had bad calls and penaties go their way. Again, I'm not saying that the call wasn't allowed to determine the SB, but where were the 49ers in the first half? The Ravens were outplaying them regardless of some penalty that the Ravens got away with on 3rd down (which I honestly dont know which one your talking about). Maybe if your guy Culliver would have actually been playing at the game instead of concentrating on making statements about gays, the game would have been close. It was mostly passes on Culliver that were getting the Ravens downfield, I wasn't impressed by him at all.

Oh and where did I say the blackout was "fact"? Or that Boomer missing was the cause? I simply stated it just seemed funny he wasn't there at the time, I never said he did it. Again, just you putting words in my mouth trying to help your argument.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, you also are defending your argument with factless statements that I never said... Wink
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 5th 2013, 10:25 am

Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers - Page 4 AVZgT
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 5th 2013, 10:53 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers - Page 4 AVZgT

Just having some good ole debating Laughing
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 5th 2013, 12:49 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:Super Bowl: Ravens vs. 49ers - Page 4 AVZgT

Just having some good ole debating Laughing

You know if this was EA forums, this thread would be locked and deleted. But since its not, rage on friends!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 5th 2013, 5:27 pm

Getting a little hot in here ey?
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2013, 4:03 am

Stephen wrote:Getting a little hot in here ey?

no
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 6th 2013, 10:44 am

Talking about the Super Bowl in the Super Bowl thread?

Off Topic

Locked!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 6th 2013, 3:14 pm

lmao good memories.... not.

It sucks the way the game ended for the Niners. the refs were calling a decently strict game all game until that final few minutes.

@Nef: there's always next year man. With how the Niners are i'm sure they'll be competing in another SB soon. I just hope my seahawks get a lombardi trophy before the niners get another. Razz
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2013, 4:20 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 6th 2013, 5:18 pm

Wow. RIP
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 6th 2013, 5:21 pm

Watched half the game again last night, included Total Access and Playbook before it was shown. Brian Baldinger even said it was a good call, and from what he saw he said Crabtree was the one that initiated the contact first, and that while Jim was motioning for holding, its not holding once the balls in the air, so it would have been a PI call.

Also, when watching it again, the 49ers got away with another penalty. On the ravens second drive (the first downfield pass to Torrey Smith), culliver got away with contact or PI, when it should have been called. I also think that the hit on Flacco out of bounds was in the third or fouth quarter, either way I can't find a vid of it. So it wasn't just the 49ers who got robbed on a few bad calls...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 6th 2013, 5:22 pm

Just saw this, as if losing a heartbreaking SB wasn't enough, now part of his family was killed after the game, RIP.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 February 7th 2013, 2:40 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Watched half the game again last night, included Total Access and Playbook before it was shown. Brian Baldinger even said it was a good call, and from what he saw he said Crabtree was the one that initiated the contact first, and that while Jim was motioning for holding, its not holding once the balls in the air, so it would have been a PI call.

Also, when watching it again, the 49ers got away with another penalty. On the ravens second drive (the first downfield pass to Torrey Smith), culliver got away with contact or PI, when it should have been called. I also think that the hit on Flacco out of bounds was in the third or fouth quarter, either way I can't find a vid of it. So it wasn't just the 49ers who got robbed on a few bad calls...

We can go back and forth bringing in the opinions of others but the end result will be the same. Ravens are the champs. My bad on taking out my frustration out on you. My opinion about the calls at the end still remain the same but I regret the way I brought it out. Enjoy the rings.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 February 7th 2013, 3:50 am

hit on flacco was in 4th quarter with about 4 min left to play on 3rd and goal lol.

if they threw a flag the ravens would had 3 more snaps to pick up a yard and would made the niners burn all their TO and/or burn more time.
Also ravens had 3 more plays to score a TD which would had push the lead to 9 points.

so niners basicially got lucky they even got a change to win the game Laughing

but tunnelvision will blind niners fans hahaha.

then again ravens fans would be raging about that non call if niners had won the game Razz
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 7th 2013, 6:13 am

Penalties aside it was a fantastic game.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2013, 10:48 am

Arguing about penalties is stupid.

The fact was the Niners came out flat for the first 32 or so minutes. Out side of Davis there was really no one on offense stepping up.

The defense didn't play like it normally does either.

You can look at 3 key plays in the first half that really fucked the Niners.

The first being the missed TD opportunity where Kaepernick rolled to his right and missed Crabtree by a couple of inches. That's 4 pointsright there, then hypothetically, the Ravens don't take a safety and punt and give the Niners great field position only needing a FG.

The second (or first? forgot when it happened) was the penalty on the Niners that extended the TD drive. When Brooks jumped offside and instead of kicking a FG they went Empty Set with Boldin in the slot and beat em for a TD. There's another 4 points.

The 3rd being the terrible coverage on the Jones TD right before half.

Those 3 plays doomed the Niners, but I fully expect the way that team is built for them to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, if not 2.

The Ravens I think are done for a couple of years. Just because of the cap situation and losing Ray Lewis and possibly Reed.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 7th 2013, 4:45 pm

Nef77 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Watched half the game again last night, included Total Access and Playbook before it was shown. Brian Baldinger even said it was a good call, and from what he saw he said Crabtree was the one that initiated the contact first, and that while Jim was motioning for holding, its not holding once the balls in the air, so it would have been a PI call.

We can go back and forth bringing in the opinions of others but the end result will be the same. Ravens are the champs. My bad on taking out my frustration out on you. My opinion about the calls at the end still remain the same but I regret the way I brought it out. Enjoy the rings.

Its ok, I understand. I've been angry myself when the ravens get cheated out of games. If I had to pick a SB favorite for next year though I'd take you guys. I've heard most of the teams that lost SBs have made it back next season and win it, so theres hope...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 7th 2013, 4:47 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Arguing about penalties is stupid.

The fact was the Niners came out flat for the first 32 or so minutes. Out side of Davis there was really no one on offense stepping up.

The first being the missed TD opportunity where Kaepernick rolled to his right and missed Crabtree by a couple of inches. That's 4 pointsright there, then hypothetically, the Ravens don't take a safety and punt and give the Niners great field position only needing a FG.

The second (or first? forgot when it happened) was the penalty on the Niners that extended the TD drive. When Brooks jumped offside and instead of kicking a FG they went Empty Set with Boldin in the slot and beat em for a TD. There's another 4 points.

Those 3 plays doomed the Niners, but I fully expect the way that team is built for them to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, if not 2.

The Ravens I think are done for a couple of years. Just because of the cap situation and losing Ray Lewis and possibly Reed.

Well there are a couple variables. Your forgetting that our offense is starting to take over instead of our defense now. Ray has been out before and we've managed without him. Reed could stay, hopefully. Flacco might not take the 20 mil contract and do whats best for the team, allowing us to sign boldin or jones (it would be great to get both). Just because the media says something, doesn't mean its true... I'd rather reed retire anyway then see him go to an organization like the patriots...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2013, 5:40 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Well there are a couple variables. Your forgetting that our offense is starting to take over instead of our defense now. Ray has been out before and we've managed without him. Reed could stay, hopefully. Flacco might not take the 20 mil contract and do whats best for the team, allowing us to sign boldin or jones (it would be great to get both). Just because the media says something, doesn't mean its true... I'd rather reed retire anyway then see him go to an organization like the patriots...

I didn't forget, I almost mentioned in the previous post. lol It's just hard seeing the Ravens as an Offensive team over a Defensive team.

Either way I think Joe gets 17 or 18 a year. I think you guys keep Jacoby Jones. Look I'm not saying you guys will miss the playoffs or anything. I just think it will be a lot more difficult to keep going to AFC Championship games.

And Media? I the only media I try to read is Mlive. for Lions news. I don't have to much time to watch NFL N and I never watch ESPN.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 7th 2013, 6:13 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I didn't forget, I almost mentioned in the previous post. lol It's just hard seeing the Ravens as an Offensive team over a Defensive team.

Either way I think Joe gets 17 or 18 a year. I think you guys keep Jacoby Jones. Look I'm not saying you guys will miss the playoffs or anything. I just think it will be a lot more difficult to keep going to AFC Championship games.

And Media? I the only media I try to read is Mlive. for Lions news. I don't have to much time to watch NFL N and I never watch ESPN.

I see the same amount for the contract. The thing is, both Jones and Boldin would be good additions. It hard to pick between them. Jones has the big play ability, while Boldin is reliable (basically like D mase was for us when he played). So it will be tough Crying or Very sad
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2013, 6:59 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I see the same amount for the contract. The thing is, both Jones and Boldin would be good additions. It hard to pick between them. Jones has the big play ability, while Boldin is reliable (basically like D mase was for us when he played). So it will be tough Crying or Very sad

I'd go Jones just because he's younger and got a longer career still ahead of him.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 February 7th 2013, 11:58 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Its ok, I understand. I've been angry myself when the ravens get cheated out of games. If I had to pick a SB favorite for next year though I'd take you guys. I've heard most of the teams that lost SBs have made it back next season and win it, so theres hope...

Shoots. My bad again bro. No hard feelings

jerk
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 8th 2013, 9:05 am

It was a good game after halftime, I really thought the miners where gonna pull off the comeback...flaccoo says he would've tackled Ginny if Ginny broke loose on that free kick,lol...anyways, were there bad calls? Yep,,but all in all I think the game was called fairly...favorite commercial? LLeon sandcastle, even tho. I hate sanders,that was pretty funny
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next