Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2011 Stats predicted for 32 QBs

+7
BaltRavensFan20
JermikesHere
Mutant
PhantomReturns93
MaddMatter
RSoxGuy
SteelersJMB
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2011 Stats predicted for 32 QBs Empty 2011 Stats predicted for 32 QBs

Post  SteelersJMB May 26th 2011, 12:13 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710551-2011-statistical-predictions-for-all-32-teams-starting-quarterback#/articles/710551-2011-statistical-predictions-for-all-32-teams-starting-quarterback/page/9

I stopped reading after I got to Big Ben and he said he's won one SB and losing two others, wonder how he got his stats in the first place
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

2011 Stats predicted for 32 QBs Empty Re: 2011 Stats predicted for 32 QBs

Post  RSoxGuy May 26th 2011, 12:31 pm

As much as I hate "prediction" threads, I love Brady's numbers.

Projected 2011 stats: 4,100 yards, 39 TD, seven INT, 68 percent completion

RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 26th 2011, 1:37 pm

So pretty much 75% of the NFL QB's will throw 30 TD's? lol

Ponders numbers are funny. He's going to have a positive TD/INT ratio in that division? Matthews, Briggs, Urlacher, Suh, Woodson, KVB, Tramon Williams, Fairley?

I think they will all have something to say about that.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 26th 2011, 2:38 pm

I personally think Ben will have his best statistical year ever next season, maybe that's just me being a homer, but the past 2 seasons he's been fantastic and this coming year he'll have the best, deepest receiving corps he's ever had in Pittsburgh (we didn't really start utilizing Sanders and Brown in the passing game until the last couple games of the season last year and the playoffs).

I think he'll throw somewhere in the ballpark of 4300 yards, 33 TDs, 10 ints, 65% completion, which pretty much keeps in line with his TD-INT and CMP% of the last few years, but again maybe that's just me being a homer...
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 26th 2011, 2:44 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:I personally think Ben will have his best statistical year ever next season, maybe that's just me being a homer, but the past 2 seasons he's been fantastic and this coming year he'll have the best, deepest receiving corps he's ever had in Pittsburgh (we didn't really start utilizing Sanders and Brown in the passing game until the last couple games of the season last year and the playoffs).

I think he'll throw somewhere in the ballpark of 4300 yards, 33 TDs, 10 ints, 65% completion, which pretty much keeps in line with his TD-INT and CMP% of the last few years, but again maybe that's just me being a homer...

Homer!

Lol, I'm just kidding Smile.

Always thought the Steelers were a running team though. For him to get 33 TDs and 10 INTs he'd have to be in a pass-heavy offense. What did he get last year?
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 26th 2011, 3:35 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/710551-2011-statistical-predictions-for-all-32-teams-starting-quarterback#/articles/710551-2011-statistical-predictions-for-all-32-teams-starting-quarterback/page/9

I stopped reading after I got to Big Ben and he said he's won one SB and losing two others, wonder how he got his stats in the first place

lol sounds like sna probably wrote that if all the stats and information are wrong..
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 26th 2011, 4:15 pm

I was unaware the Ravens made any changes as OC. Isnt Cam still the OC? Laughing
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 26th 2011, 4:40 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:I personally think Ben will have his best statistical year ever next season, maybe that's just me being a homer, but the past 2 seasons he's been fantastic and this coming year he'll have the best, deepest receiving corps he's ever had in Pittsburgh (we didn't really start utilizing Sanders and Brown in the passing game until the last couple games of the season last year and the playoffs).

Homer!

Lol, I'm just kidding Smile.

Always thought the Steelers were a running team though. For him to get 33 TDs and 10 INTs he'd have to be in a pass-heavy offense. What did he get last year?

Last year he missed 4 games but through his 12 he was on pace for 4266 yards, 23 TDs, and 7 ints had he played the other 4. But I expect us to pass a bit more next year now that we have 4 good receivers (not including Heath Miller) and have still retained Bruce Arians. We ran Rashard a lot last year in Ben's absence but we didn't run anywhere near as much once Ben came back, we went from giving our backs 40 carries a game to about 25-30.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 26th 2011, 5:02 pm

What i was surprised is that they said Whitehurst would get 3100 yard and a positive TD/INT ratio...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 26th 2011, 5:05 pm

tubbs51 wrote:What i was surprised is that they said Whitehurst would get 3100 yard and a positive TD/INT ratio...

2,750 for Skelton with 20 TDs.

They must have him throwing 5 yard screens to Wells if they have him ith less than 3000 yards and with Fitz on the team lol.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 26th 2011, 5:07 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:What i was surprised is that they said Whitehurst would get 3100 yard and a positive TD/INT ratio...

2,750 for Skelton with 20 TDs.

They must have him throwing 5 yard screens to Wells if they have him ith less than 3000 yards and with Fitz on the team lol.
Even with Fitz, Skelton wasnt a good QB...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 26th 2011, 5:13 pm

i can make a prediction

my top 3 qb shocks sanchez, shaub, and campbell. i think all three will have really good years and all will make the playoffs and play balls out

bottom 3 qbs the entire NFC east, garrard, and cassel.

Manning, vick, romo, and who ever the hell the redskins sacrifice all suck. Manning will end up with 20 ints, vick isnt built for that offense (i know he seemed to blow up last year, but i watched all the games, for the most part he was held in check with the exception of 1-4 plays a game) romo is coming off a broken collarbone and a short year, i think he will need some time to get back into things

garrard has played well but i think his time has come. he is a bit long in the tooth and he isnt the same thrower, her arm has slowed down a bit and he is not as accurate but he will end up starting all 16 games

cassel had a break out year last year, what really helped him was the extra time with the head coach hailey which the two build the game plan around his abilities. the time off will hurt because it gives other coaches to figure their trick stuff out.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 26th 2011, 8:42 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 26th 2011, 8:51 pm

i stopped reading after seeing Chad Henne with 27 TD and 14 INTS ,FUCK YOU! Evil or Very Mad
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 26th 2011, 9:10 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:i can make a prediction

my top 3 qb shocks sanchez, shaub, and campbell. i think all three will have really good years and all will make the playoffs and play balls out

Manning, vick, romo, and who ever the hell the redskins sacrifice all suck. Manning will end up with 20 ints, vick isnt built for that offense (i know he seemed to blow up last year, but i watched all the games, for the most part he was held in check with the exception of 1-4 plays a game) romo is coming off a broken collarbone and a short year, i think he will need some time to get back into things

garrard has played well but i think his time has come. he is a bit long in the tooth and he isnt the same thrower, her arm has slowed down a bit and he is not as accurate but he will end up starting all 16 games

cassel had a break out year last year, what really helped him was the extra time with the head coach hailey which the two build the game plan around his abilities. the time off will hurt because it gives other coaches to figure their trick stuff out.

What really defines a "really" good year for sanchez and campbell? They have pretty average years when they start so its hard to say they'll have a REALLY good year when their "good" year will be someone else's average year. Shaub isn't bad, he'll have around the same numbers, nothing this off-season has shown that his numbers will rise or drop that much.

How are the bottom 3 QBs in the league gonna be the NFC East Qbs(4 right there), Garrard and Cassel. That's six guys.
Romo is gonna be pretty darn good next season, he'll be healthy and so will dez bryant.
Manning's interceptions aren't going to be nearly as bad as this past season
Vick isn't built for that offense? Spread the field and throw it to McCoy on screens and dump offs and take off and run if theres nothing open sounds right up his alley, until they get a true Rb then that's how it'll be, they wont change that especially with a playmaker such as Desean Jackson.
Skins Qb probably won't be good, I'll give you that.

I think Garrard won't start all 16 games, now is it from an injury or simply not playing great? Probably one of the two is how I predict his season will be.

Cassel had trick stuff? I saw him throw the ball pretty good when he had to, he has a pretty good WR(Bowe) and a decent TE with the help of McCluster that offense may not be "scary" good but they aren't gonna get worse, and top that off with one hell of a running game they've got a good thing going right now, that doesn't mean they get content, go after some o-line or another slot wr, unless they did one or the other in the draft, didn't really pay attention to theirs.

As for the whole 'time' off thing and figuring out Cassel's trick offense. EVERYONE is in a lockout which means no coach is talking with his defense and staff about stopping certain offenses, and even if they were I think they'd probably talk about some stronger offenses(Packers, Steelers, Jets, Pats for example.)
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 26th 2011, 9:23 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:i can make a prediction

What really defines a "really" good year for sanchez and campbell? They have pretty average years when they start so its hard to say they'll have a REALLY good year when their "good" year will be someone else's average year. Shaub isn't bad, he'll have around the same numbers, nothing this off-season has shown that his numbers will rise or drop that much.

How are the bottom 3 QBs in the league gonna be the NFC East Qbs(4 right there), Garrard and Cassel. That's six guys.
Romo is gonna be pretty darn good next season, he'll be healthy and so will dez bryant.
Manning's interceptions aren't going to be nearly as bad as this past season
Vick isn't built for that offense? Spread the field and throw it to McCoy on screens and dump offs and take off and run if theres nothing open sounds right up his alley, until they get a true Rb then that's how it'll be, they wont change that especially with a playmaker such as Desean Jackson.
Skins Qb probably won't be good, I'll give you that.

I think Garrard won't start all 16 games, now is it from an injury or simply not playing great? Probably one of the two is how I predict his season will be.

Cassel had trick stuff? I saw him throw the ball pretty good when he had to, he has a pretty good WR(Bowe) and a decent TE with the help of McCluster that offense may not be "scary" good but they aren't gonna get worse, and top that off with one hell of a running game they've got a good thing going right now, that doesn't mean they get content, go after some o-line or another slot wr, unless they did one or the other in the draft, didn't really pay attention to theirs.

As for the whole 'time' off thing and figuring out Cassel's trick offense. EVERYONE is in a lockout which means no coach is talking with his defense and staff about stopping certain offenses, and even if they were I think they'd probably talk about some stronger offenses(Packers, Steelers, Jets, Pats for example.)
What the hell is that supposed to mean? He ran for 1,080 yards on only 207 carries, 7 rushing touchdowns, averaged 5.2 yards per carry, he had 78 catches, 592 yards recieving, and 2 recieving touchdowns. I want to know how McCoy is not a "true" RB, He has shown a ton running the ball despite Andy Reid and Marty Morninwhig's pass-heavy offense.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/players/leseanmccoy/profile?id=MCC620232
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 26th 2011, 9:43 pm

Look I'm not hating on him but lets look at it like this:

3 100 yard games(against teams that all were allowing more than 100 yards on the ground anyway, not taking away anything from him but if you wanta look at his year then I'll break it down)

Yeah he had 7 Tds but 3 of those were against the Lions who didn't have a good Run D last year(#24 in ypg last year)
His other 4 Tds were pretty much separated through the season, what I mean by that is he really wasn't scoring on a consistent basis anyhow.

He had some pretty medicore games as well:

Week 1 GB 7 Att 35 Yards(probably just wasn't given the ball enough since Kolb was hurt that game and Vick was thrown in there)
Week 4 Was. He had a pretty average game against them but he did have a huge recieving game so I'll give him that
Week 6 & 7: 21 Att 64 Yards & 16 Att 48 Yards
Again in Week 10 11 Att 43 Yards
Week 13 Hou 12 Att 44 Yards
And Week 16 Min 13 Att 44 Yards

Yeah he only had 207 carries but seriously he SHOULD get atleast somewhat near 1000 yards if given that many carries if he's a "true" RB, so I don't really see why people say he ONLY had 207 carries...okay well RBs such as Peterson, Jackson, Mendenhall, Johnson, Gore, Forte all get over 1000 yards and get a lot more carries than 207, if they did get 207 I'm pretty darn sure they'd all get over 1000 yards.

Like I said I wasn't hating on him, I really don't know why you felt offended when I wasn't the one who said Vick isn't built for that offense and such. I was defending them up until I got to McCoy and I didn't say he was a Reggie Bush like player but also not someone I'd compare to the Rbs mentioned above. He's in between imo.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 26th 2011, 9:45 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Look I'm not hating on him but lets look at it like this:

3 100 yard games(against teams that all were allowing more than 100 yards on the ground anyway, not taking away anything from him but if you wanta look at his year then I'll break it down)

Yeah he had 7 Tds but 3 of those were against the Lions who didn't have a good Run D last year(#24 in ypg last year)
His other 4 Tds were pretty much separated through the season, what I mean by that is he really wasn't scoring on a consistent basis anyhow.

Week 1 GB 7 Att 35 Yards(probably just wasn't given the ball enough since Kolb was hurt that game and Vick was thrown in there)
Week 4 Was. He had a pretty average game against them but he did have a huge recieving game so I'll give him that

Yeah he only had 207 carries but seriously he SHOULD get atleast somewhat near 1000 yards if given that many carries if he's a "true" RB, so I don't really see why people say he ONLY had 207 carries...okay well RBs such as Peterson, Jackson, Mendenhall, Johnson, Gore, Forte all get over 1000 yards and get a lot more carries than 207, if they did get 207 I'm pretty darn sure they'd all get over 1000 yards.

Like I said I wasn't hating on him, I really don't know why you felt offended when I wasn't the one who said Vick isn't built for that offense and such. I was defending them up until I got to McCoy and I didn't say he was a Reggie Bush like player but also not someone I'd compare to the Rbs mentioned above. He's in between imo.

He's a great complimentary back and he's good for Philadelphia's offense because teams generally don't put safeties in the box against Philly and they also have to be in nickel packages alot, which allows the offensive line to bully people around and open giant holes for him to dance through.

A true RB, no. A complimentary and 3rd down back playing in a system that benefits him, definitely.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 26th 2011, 10:05 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He's a great complimentary back and he's good for Philadelphia's offense because teams generally don't put safeties in the box against Philly and they also have to be in nickel packages alot, which allows the offensive line to bully people around and open giant holes for him to dance through.

A true RB, no. A complimentary and 3rd down back playing in a system that benefits him, definitely.

OH BOY Rolling Eyes ...here goes SNA spouting off his dicksucker again without actually checking on anything beforehand Shocked ...lets see exactly how Lesean Mcoy ISNT a "true' HB ..but im sure Ray Rice IS a "true" HB Rolling Eyes

Lesean Mcoy 15 games 207 att 1080 yds 7 TD 5.2 yd avg / 78 rec 592 yds 2 TD

Ray Rice 16 games 307 att 1220 yds 5 TD 4.0 avg/ 63 rec 556 1 TD

....looks to me like Rice had 100 MORE attempts than Mcoy but only managed 140 MORE yards Shocked

also he didnt catch as many passes as Mcoy nor did he score more TD than Mcoy, oh and he averaged a full yard and a half LESS than mcoy...but Mcoy ISNT a TRUE HB :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 26th 2011, 10:08 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

OH BOY Rolling Eyes ...here goes SNA spouting off his dicksucker again without actually checking on anything beforehand Shocked ...lets see exactly how Lesean Mcoy ISNT a "true' HB ..but im sure Ray Rice IS a "true" HB Rolling Eyes

....looks to me like Rice had 100 MORE attempts than Mcoy but only managed 140 MORE yards Shocked

also he didnt catch as many passes as Mcoy nor did he score more TD than Mcoy, oh and he averaged a full yard and a half LESS than mcoy...but Mcoy ISNT a TRUE HB :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!:

Only an idiot would try to bring Ray Rice into this argument...

Ray Rice is considered a top-10 RB, and Top-5 depending on the source you use. McCoy is not.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 26th 2011, 10:13 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Ray Rice is considered a top-10 RB, and Top-5 depending on the source you use. McCoy is not.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! why would Mcoy NOT be in the same consideration as Rice? i just provided FACTS from last season and Mcoy TOTALLY blows Rice away as far as a COMPLETE HB is concerned...im guessing the only "source' you ever reference is BaltimoreRaven.com :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 26th 2011, 10:17 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! why would Mcoy NOT be in the same consideration as Rice? i just provided FACTS from last season and Mcoy TOTALLY blows Rice away as far as a COMPLETE HB is concerned...im guessing the only "source' you ever reference is BaltimoreRaven.com :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!: :FUCK YOU!:

Haha yeah, you got me. Lesean McCoy is a better all-around back than Ray Rice. That's fucking hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 26th 2011, 10:25 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Look I'm not hating on him but lets look at it like this:

I didnt feel offended by what you said but rather alarmed by your nonsensical statement, if I were to disect every single performance from a player I'm sure I could make very similar statements about other players as well.

@SNA: Just wondering about the part about our o-line opening up wide open holes, I have explained this many times and dont feel like tiring myself explaining this again. THE EAGLES OFFENSIVE LINE IS NOT VERY GOOD, THE LEFT SIDE HAS 2 PRO BOWLERS BUT WE HAD A INEXPERIENCED CENTER: Mike McGlynn, POSSIBLY THE WORST STARTING COMBO AT RG: Max Jean-Gilles and Nick Cole, THEN AT RT WE HAD: Winston Justice (benched twice this season, including the playoff game against the packers)
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 26th 2011, 10:35 pm

its a thread on qb's? not running backs. either way. getting back on point

vick isnt built for the reid style of offense. his stats may look good but play by play he isnt comfortable.

reid doesnt really use the shotgun, vick likes the shotgun.

the west coast offense was built for right handers, vick being left handed screws up stuff when injuries at qb occur because you practice the route combos to only go a certain way so when you have a different qb with a different velocity, spin, and accuracy on the ball, screws shit up

vick also runs...a lot, not really a staple of the west coast offense. movement is valued but with in the framework of the offense IE montana

vick isnt all that accurate or have rhythm, both the most important things in the offense. he looks weird in the pocket and he does sail balls, he does look good on the run and while throwing deep. rarely do i see a qb throw more accurately the deeper down the field.

the reid west coast offense and mike vick arent really a match, he can have good stats and stuff based purely on his talent, talent around him, and the coaches ability to hide it with bubble gum and tape. i think if anyone were to throw him into an offense, make it with norm chow or shanahan type offense. a lot of TE throws and out of the pocket movements on and off play action.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 26th 2011, 10:36 pm

without looking up the stats, how many games do you think Ray Rice had over 100 yards? ......wrong!!! only 2 !!!

Lesean Mcoy had 3 !! Razz
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next