Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Top 10 RB's current

+10
MyDirtyDangles
EPICxPENGUIN69
PhantomReturns93
scrimmage
MaddMatter
at23steelers
Mutant
TRU11
SteelersJMB
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Top 10 RB's current Empty Top 10 RB's current

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 3:10 am

in NO particular order, these are the Top 10 RBs in the NFL as of 2010...

Arian Foster
AP
D-mac
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson
Michael Turner
Leasean Mcoy
Steven Jackson
Legarrette Blount
MJD

....any of these guys do you think DONT deserve to be on this List? and if you disagree, please show FACTS ( stats) as to why ....please refrain from just throwing a name out there because he is "your" favorite HB

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Top 10 RB's current Empty Re: Top 10 RB's current

Post  Guest May 29th 2011, 3:49 am

First off, Darren McFadden....really?

1. Steven Jackson...8th in rushing yards but he has the most value to his team. Sam Bradford really benefited from having him lined up behind him.

2. Ray Rice...with the really average year the Ravens WR's had, Rice saves Flacco from having to carry the game. Which in my opinion he isn't quite ready to do yet.

3. Michael Turner...Matt Ryan is lucky he's had this guy from the start of his career. Really helped him grow into the NFL.

4. Chris Johnson...he IS the Titans offense. Maybe I put him lower than he should be.

5. MJD...even though I disagree with his stance on the labor issue, running with no cartalidge in his knees and still being as productive as he is...amazing.

6. Adrian Peterson...nuff said. I hate having to play him twice a year. (Lions fan)

7. Jaamal Charles...Matt Cassel is lucky to have this guy. Same situation as Flacco.

8. Reshard Mendenhall...even though he is a complete moron with his tweets he is an impressive running back.

9. LeGarret Blount...was there any other rookie RB more impressive...Jahvid Best before the toe injury....maybe.

10. DeAngelo Williams...awesome back...terrible team. Wait until he gets to leave the Panthers...

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 4:15 am

Spookyweezel wrote:First off, Darren McFadden....really?

2. Ray Rice...with the really average year the Ravens WR's had, Rice saves Flacco from having to carry the game. Which in my opinion he isn't quite ready to do yet.

Yes D-Mac, he had a great "Break Out" year in 2010 and i expect more to come...you really replaced D-Mac with Ray Rice? D-Mac had 63 yards less than Rice in Rushing yards ( 1220 to 1157 ) but he also had 84 LESS carries Shocked , he averaged a solid 5.2 ypc to Rices 4.0..also D-Mac had 47 rec for 507 yds while Rice had 63 rec 556 yds..also D-Mac did that in 13 games and Rice accumulated his stats in 16 games Neutral bottomline is this, D-Mac did ALOT more in LESS time on the field than Rice did with MORE time on the field....i also see that you neglected Arian Foster and Lesean Mcoy, i dont know why though, Mendy avg under 4.0 ypc for the Steelers and they have Big Ben,Hines Ward, Wallace etc etc to actually catch the ball for them ( unlike Steven Jackson in St.Louis) and i might tend to agree with you on Deangelo Williams being Top 10, but his injury last season really hurt.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 29th 2011, 5:45 am

Spookyweezel wrote:First off, Darren McFadden....really?

1. Steven Jackson...8th in rushing yards but he has the most value to his team. Sam Bradford really benefited from having him lined up behind him.

3. Michael Turner...Matt Ryan is lucky he's had this guy from the start of his career. Really helped him grow into the NFL.

4. Chris Johnson...he IS the Titans offense. Maybe I put him lower than he should be.

5. MJD...even though I disagree with his stance on the labor issue, running with no cartalidge in his knees and still being as productive as he is...amazing.

6. Adrian Peterson...nuff said. I hate having to play him twice a year. (Lions fan)

7. Jaamal Charles...Matt Cassel is lucky to have this guy. Same situation as Flacco.

8. Reshard Mendenhall...even though he is a complete moron with his tweets he is an impressive running back.

9. LeGarret Blount...was there any other rookie RB more impressive...Jahvid Best before the toe injury....maybe.

10. DeAngelo Williams...awesome back...terrible team. Wait until he gets to leave the Panthers...

Your list is more taking away stats and kinda just puttig a general opinion on them huh?

Williams, Blount and Mendenhall imo don't deserve to be on the list. You can replace D-mac with any of them
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 29th 2011, 5:46 am

Are we looking them as a whole? Or just their running ability? Want to clarify before we actually dive into this because I feel like this could really be a pretty good discussion.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 6:19 am

SteelersJMB wrote:Are we looking them as a whole? Or just their running ability? Want to clarify before we actually dive into this because I feel like this could really be a pretty good discussion.

looking at thier Run Production AND Pass Production as a whole.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 29th 2011, 6:29 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Are we looking them as a whole? Or just their running ability? Want to clarify before we actually dive into this because I feel like this could really be a pretty good discussion.

well what about strength of schedule, scheme they run and is it based on just this 1 year or do we take into consideration what they did the past few years.

myself got a hard time putting players who just have 1 year of production ahead of guys who already prooved them selfs more then 1 time.

a guy like frank gore is a beast of a RB and in terms of the better rb he has the skills to be top 10 but in terms of just production he wont make the cut.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 7:24 am

TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

well what about strength of schedule, scheme they run and is it based on just this 1 year or do we take into consideration what they did the past few years.

myself got a hard time putting players who just have 1 year of production ahead of guys who already prooved them selfs more then 1 time.

a guy like frank gore is a beast of a RB and in terms of the better rb he has the skills to be top 10 but in terms of just production he wont make the cut.

well HBs have a career on average of 8 years, i was just looking at what HBs did in 2010 and trying to rank them "currently" as Top 10 material in terms of yardage,ypc,attempts and receptions...now just because a HB had more receptions or carries than another HB doesnt neccesarily mean they are the "better" HB ( like D-Mac and Mcoy have proven)
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 29th 2011, 7:31 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

well HBs have a career on average of 8 years, i was just looking at what HBs did in 2010 and trying to rank them "currently" as Top 10 material in terms of yardage,ypc,attempts and receptions...now just because a HB had more receptions or carries than another HB doesnt neccesarily mean they are the "better" HB ( like D-Mac and Mcoy have proven)

yeah but do you also take in consideration who they played ??
cause playing jets , ravens and steelers is i think alot thougher then playing some teams lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 29th 2011, 8:21 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Exactly!

Tim Hightower had a 4.8 YPC last season. Does that mean he's a better back than AP or CJ who have two or three times more carries than THT had?

Not a chance.

If you look at THT's game stats you'll find that he had only 2 or 3 games where he had a YPC higher than 3.8.

The only reason his YPC is so high is because he had some monster PLAYS (not games, plays) where the D was geared towards a pass so THT was able to rush for 80 yards and a TD on a single play. Take out those big rushes and his YPC would be closer to 3.5.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 29th 2011, 9:39 am

The only thing better with Blount than Mendenhall is his average. He still had more fumbles than Mendenhall on 123 fewer carries. Mendnehall also had many more TD's (13 to 6) and has been successful for more than 1 year.

here is my list:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Stephen Jackson
3. Maurice Jones Drew
4. Chris Johnson
5. Arian Foster
6. Jamaal Charles
7. Michael Turner
8. Ray Rice
9. Frank Gore
10a. Darren McFadden
10b. Rashard Mendenhall

Last edited by at23steelers on May 29th 2011, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 29th 2011, 11:38 am

1. Adrian Peterson- No need for explanation.
2. MJD- The full package in a small guy. Rushes, catches and blocks well. Plus he'll play hurt.
3. Steven Jackson- Come on, if this guy were on any other team besides the Rams he would be more recognized.
4. Chris Johnson
5. Michael Turner
6. Arian Foster
7. Jamaal Charles
8. Darren McFadden
9. Peyton Hillis
10. Ray Rice?
Honorable Mention: Frank Gore- If he didn't have that hip problem he would be on my list.

I may be bias with my picks between 6-9 because they were all on my fantasy team last year.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 29th 2011, 1:39 pm

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Ray Rice
4. Steven Jackson
5. Maurice Jones-Drew
6. Michael Turner
7. Jamaal Charles
8. Rashard Mendenhall
9. Arian Foster
10. Darren McFadden

Honorable mentions: Matt Forte, Peyton Hillis, LeSean McCoy.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  scrimmage May 29th 2011, 1:49 pm

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Michael Turner
6. Arian Foster
7. Ray Rice
8. Steven Jackson
9. Frank Gore
10. Darren McFadden
scrimmage
scrimmage

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 29th 2011, 3:34 pm

Blount? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 4:19 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Blount? lol.

yes Blount...he avg 5 ypc and have over 1000 yards on the season as a ROOKIE, i cant wait to see how he follows up next season, should be in the 14-1600 yards range considering he only had 200 carries, another 100 carries and hes in the "elite'
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 29th 2011, 5:27 pm

scrimmage wrote:1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Michael Turner
6. Arian Foster
7. Ray Rice
8. Steven Jackson
9. Frank Gore
10. Darren McFadden

I would agree with this list the most, except switching Arian Foster and Steven Jackson.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 29th 2011, 6:45 pm

scrimmage wrote:1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Michael Turner
6. Arian Foster
7. Ray Rice
8. Steven Jackson
9. Frank Gore
10. Darren McFadden

I'd probably put Jackson at number 6, Foster at number 7, and since Gore was injured kinda doesn't make sense for him to be above Rice so my last 3 would be McFadde, Rice, then Gore.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 29th 2011, 7:59 pm

Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles
MJD
Chris Johnson
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Jonathan Stewart

Foster, Dmac, Mccoy, Blount are all one year wonders (at the moment) and dont deserve to be anywhere near a top 10.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 7:59 pm

not sure if you guys mis-read the Thread Title, it says "current" ...now Frank Gore is a decent HB but not Top 10 recently, he had 1 great season and that was back in 2006...
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 29th 2011, 8:06 pm

Steve Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Chris Johnson
Peyton Hillis
Daran McFadden (made good improvement, I believe he has turned a corner)
"Fatty" Blount
LT/Greene
Ronnie Brown
Arian Foster
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 8:07 pm

TheDrunkGuyOnTheCouch wrote:Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles
MJD
Chris Johnson
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Jonathan Stewart

Foster, Dmac, Mccoy, Blount are all one year wonders (at the moment) and dont deserve to be anywhere near a top 10.

gotta love the Pittsburg Homerism by putting thier "average" HB Mendy in the Top 10 Rolling Eyes ...anyways, why do you think Mendy deserves his spot? it couldnt possibly be because of his YPC avg, cause that went down from 2009 to 3.9 Shocked also it couldnt be his "hands" in the passing game cause he only gets about 20 rec per year...he did have 324 carries last season and he barely got more yardage than Leasean Mcoy even though Mendy carried it 117 more times Shocked ....Gore and Mendy are the HBs that DONT deserve to be anywhere near a Top 10 List, until they produce like a top 10 HB
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 29th 2011, 8:50 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
gotta love the Pittsburg Homerism by putting thier "average" HB Mendy in the Top 10 Rolling Eyes ...anyways, why do you think Mendy deserves his spot? it couldnt possibly be because of his YPC avg, cause that went down from 2009 to 3.9 Shocked also it couldnt be his "hands" in the passing game cause he only gets about 20 rec per year...he did have 324 carries last season and he barely got more yardage than Leasean Mcoy even though Mendy carried it 117 more times Shocked ....Gore and Mendy are the HBs that DONT deserve to be anywhere near a Top 10 List, until they produce like a top 10 HB

Why are you giving him shit for having an opinion?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 29th 2011, 8:51 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Jamaal Charles
MJD
Chris Johnson
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Jonathan Stewart

So one year wonders like Foster, McFadden, ad Blount do?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 29th 2011, 8:58 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Jamaal Charles
MJD
Chris Johnson
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Rashard Mendenhall
Jonathan Stewart

So one year wonders like Foster, McFadden, ad Blount do?

YES, in terms of they did it with over 100 carries LESS!!! imagine if they had 325 carries like Mendy did? Mcoy would have had 1700 yards!!! and Blount wouldve had close to 1500...Mendy was given the chance to shine and shoulder the load and he turned out 'mediocre"...
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next