Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers

+2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
tubbs51
6 posters

Go down

Who will win?

Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Vote_lcap50%Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Vote_lcap50%Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Empty Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers

Post  tubbs51 September 11th 2011, 12:29 pm

A classic NFCW rivalry...

obvious the Niners are favorites to win this game however it is the NFC West so anything can fucking happen like last year....
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers Empty Re: Seattle Seahawks @ San Fran 49ers

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 11th 2011, 12:31 pm

when i dont know too much about teams I tend to go by what they look like on paper...

the 49ers ( on paper) should win this game because they seem to have more talent than the Seahawks, therefore i will say 49ers 24 Seahawks 14
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 11th 2011, 12:44 pm

tubbs51 wrote:A classic NFCW rivalry...

obvious the Niners are favorites to win this game however it is the NFC West so anything can fucking happen like last year....

I voted the Seahawks.

Nef and KWick excluded, most Niner fans I've met all seem to be idiots who predict them to got 13-3 and make the NFC Championship game.

When you challenge them about how many times they've won the division in the last 10 years (or since the Cardinals and Seahawks joined the NFC West in 2002) they have two comebacks:

How many rings they've won
or
When the last time the Cards beat them was

Yeah...because rings won 17-25 years ago and sweeping the Cards 2-0 every year totally makes you win the division Rolling Eyes

So yeah, my little rant aside I hope the Bears beat the Chiefs. I mean er....
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 11th 2011, 1:07 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:when i dont know too much about teams I tend to go by what they look like on paper...

the 49ers ( on paper) should win this game because they seem to have more talent than the Seahawks, therefore i will say 49ers 24 Seahawks 14

thats the thing though with the NFC West. you cant go by what the paper says. look at last year. The hawks and rams were supposed to be dead last in the division with San Fran and Arizona on top... shit went the exact other direction...

tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 11th 2011, 1:14 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:when i dont know too much about teams I tend to go by what they look like on paper...

thats the thing though with the NFC West. you cant go by what the paper says. look at last year. The hawks and rams were supposed to be dead last in the division with San Fran and Arizona on top... shit went the exact other direction...

very true...I guess i also went with the 9ers because Braylon Edwards is over there now, him coupled with Crabtree and TE Vernon Davis should create a mismatch somewhere for the Hawks...the HUGE question is if Alex Smith can actually find that mismatch and exploit it
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 11th 2011, 8:08 pm

I am the only guy that picks the Seahawks, and I was the only guy that picked them high...so... they need to win, now. If I win, I move up like 10 spaces, if I lose, I go down to last... pretty much. This is my 100$ Pick-um leagues.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 11th 2011, 9:09 pm

Defense B - Pass coverage looked a little sloppy in the 2nd half and that was with Jackson as QB. Imagine us against the Eagles. Still though, great run D and QB pressure put on by the front 7.

Offense B- - Conservative like crazy. I know the WCO is a throw short, run long kind of offense but we didn't have any run long type of plays. Harbaugh could be hiding his hand for later in the season but we'll see.

Special Teams A+ - Not just because of the 2 returns, the whole first half was ours because of field position and kickoff coverage. Akers and Lee put their fingerprints all over those points.

Overall B+ - This could be a confidence builder for Alex Smith, but I've said that many times in the past. Dashon Goldson should make a big difference in the secondary next week. We need the run game to be there. It's not like Ginn is going to the house 2 times a game everytime.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 11th 2011, 10:14 pm

Offense F: We couldnt get anything done... It didnt help that Rice and Gallery and Carlson were out (Carlson is on IR btw). ANd it sure as shit didnt help when our FB went down and was carted off the sideline to the locker room.

Defense B-: we did pretty good with Hawthorne out but we made some mistakes. then again we are a VERY VERY young team.

Special Teams F: What. The. Fuck. Whole group was complete shit.

Overall D: WIth Pitt next week.... god damn. But then again with how Balt raped the Steelers... you never know... Maybe payback for XL. lol what the fuck am i smoking.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 11th 2011, 11:30 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Offense F: We couldnt get anything done... It didnt help that Rice and Gallery and Carlson were out (Carlson is on IR btw). ANd it sure as shit didnt help when our FB went down and was carted off the sideline to the locker room.

Defense B-: we did pretty good with Hawthorne out but we made some mistakes. then again we are a VERY VERY young team.

Special Teams F: What. The. Fuck. Whole group was complete shit.

Overall D: WIth Pitt next week.... god damn. But then again with how Balt raped the Steelers... you never know... Maybe payback for XL. lol what the fuck am i smoking.

Even though it's fun shouting T...VAR. Every time I hear something about the Sea-Hawks.. I must say that they could use David Garrard..just saying.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 September 12th 2011, 2:06 am

Not bad. Special teams obviously did work as an entire unit as Neff said. I wish the run game would have been more effective.

I didn't get to see the game-- Neff or Tubbs, how did everything "feel" so to speak? Why was our run game inneffective?
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 12th 2011, 6:02 am

KWicK78 wrote:Not bad. Special teams obviously did work as an entire unit as Neff said. I wish the run game would have been more effective.

I didn't get to see the game-- Neff or Tubbs, how did everything "feel" so to speak? Why was our run game inneffective?
Run game was down because
1) Earl Thomas - with the Seattle front 7 stuffing the line, ET did a great job getting to Gore. I still wished that we grabbed him instead of Anthony Davis when we traded up. I really thought that was what we were going to do.

2) Conservative Offense - Nearly every pass was a short gimmie. How do you take the saftey out of the run game? Throw deep and back his ass up. Either Harbaugh didn't have confidence in Alex or he's just hiding his hand for the rest of the season.

As for the Defense, they did exactly what I wanted them to do. Blitz from different positions. That's the reason Manusky's defense never had pressure, the OL was hardly ever confused. New starters did great. Sopoaga, Withner, McDonald, and Bowman. I hope Aldon Smith gets more playing time but Parys did well.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 12th 2011, 6:03 am

Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 September 12th 2011, 3:05 pm

Nef77 wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Not bad. Special teams obviously did work as an entire unit as Neff said. I wish the run game would have been more effective.

1) Earl Thomas - with the Seattle front 7 stuffing the line, ET did a great job getting to Gore. I still wished that we grabbed him instead of Anthony Davis when we traded up. I really thought that was what we were going to do.

2) Conservative Offense - Nearly every pass was a short gimmie. How do you take the saftey out of the run game? Throw deep and back his ass up. Either Harbaugh didn't have confidence in Alex or he's just hiding his hand for the rest of the season.

As for the Defense, they did exactly what I wanted them to do. Blitz from different positions. That's the reason Manusky's defense never had pressure, the OL was hardly ever confused. New starters did great. Sopoaga, Withner, McDonald, and Bowman. I hope Aldon Smith gets more playing time but Parys did well.

Well hopefully we get more aggressive. Edwards, VD, and Morgan can all go up for a jump ball. We gotta use that. Did Crabs play?

Yeah, I was impressed when I saw Bowman and Parys on the stat sheet. I think Bowman is the real deal though. He and Willis can make a down right nasty duo on the inside. I'm glad to hear that we are getting pressure though.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 12th 2011, 3:53 pm

I only have 1 question...who the hell gave the 49ers another vote for a Win a full day after the game was played? Laughing i know for a fact it that last night the Poll showed Seahwaks leading 3-2, now it shows tied up at 3-3 Shocked after the outcome was known
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 12th 2011, 4:32 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Well hopefully we get more aggressive. Edwards, VD, and Morgan can all go up for a jump ball. We gotta use that. Did Crabs play?

Yeah, I was impressed when I saw Bowman and Parys on the stat sheet. I think Bowman is the real deal though. He and Willis can make a down right nasty duo on the inside. I'm glad to hear that we are getting pressure though.

Crabtree played but he tweaked his foot again. He did good IMO. Caught whatever was thrown his way and made some nice blocks.

@Puppetz - Not me.
@Mutant - Just remind those people who our QB is. I believe in Jim Harbaugh, but taking Alex Smith to a 13-3 record?
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 September 12th 2011, 5:08 pm

Well hopefully Crabs continues to buy in and be a team player. I have watched a bit of the game and like what I see out of the D. But those two TD passes by Tjax were some pretty big holes in the coverage. We came close to knocking both down at the line, but either way, those WRs were quite open.

@Puppetz-- *raise hand*. I didn't get on until the game was over. But I think it's pretty well known that I would've voted for San Fran anyway lol
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 12th 2011, 7:35 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Well hopefully Crabs continues to buy in and be a team player. I have watched a bit of the game and like what I see out of the D. But those two TD passes by Tjax were some pretty big holes in the coverage. We came close to knocking both down at the line, but either way, those WRs were quite open.

@Puppetz-- *raise hand*. I didn't get on until the game was over. But I think it's pretty well known that I would've voted for San Fran anyway lol

lol i hear ya man, if it was a poll involving the Jets i would have voted for the Jets no matter if it was 2 weeks old,lol
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 13th 2011, 12:56 pm

One of the reasons why San Fran's run game was ineffective is that Seattle has a great run defense. Hell we literally have the biggest Defensive line in the NFL... that and Red Bryant practically takes up half the field with his lard ass Razz

I'm liking Doug Baldwin alot... cracking a 7 yard reception into a 55 yard TD.

oh and the ref that botched SB XL... he's reffing the Hawks Steelers game next sunday. Suspect
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 13th 2011, 1:42 pm

tubbs51 wrote:

oh and the ref that botched SB XL... he's reffing the Hawks Steelers game next sunday. Suspect

well, after seeing what happened to the Steelers last week, he figures they are gonna need all the help they can get....i also heard the same ref has put in a formal request to the NFL for him to be a Ref in ALL the Steelers games the rest of this season Shocked Mad
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 13th 2011, 3:21 pm

heres an article i found on the Ref...

It will be déjà vu all over again for the Seahawks and Steelers on Sunday.

Referee Bill Leavy, who made several controversial calls during the teams' Super Bowl XL matchup, has been assigned to their Week 2 game at Pittsburgh, The Seattle Times reported Tuesday.

It's only the second Seattle game that Leavy has been assigned to since that Super Bowl. The Steelers won the first rematch, 21-0, at Pittsburgh on Oct. 7, 2007.

Speaking to Seattle-area reporters during last year's training camp, the ref admitted some mistakes were made during the Super Bowl.

"I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter, and I impacted the game," Leavy said in August 2010. "And as an official, you never want to do that."

Those two calls were a penalty against tackle Sean Locklear for holding, which nullified a pass to tight end Jerramy Stevens that would have put Seattle at the 1-yard line. The second flag came after an interception, and quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was penalized for an illegal low block on a play in which he made the tackle.

...i watched that game and i thought he only made 1 bad call Shocked ...this dude must have had his mortgage bet on the Steelers to win it and did everything he possibly could to make sure they did....its one thing to make a mistake, but several of them? like the last one where it says he penalized Hasselbeck for a low block but Hass was actually making a tackle,lol..what fucking scam artist.....i always hate playing the steelers, not because they are a solid good football team, but because when things arent going there way the Refs always seem to be there to bail them out and extend drives, like against the Jets in the AFCC game, first drive the Steelers shouldve went 3 and out, but the Ref gave the Steelers an extra 2 yards on the ball spot,lol, and a few more plays like that extended Steelers drives that resulted in points when they were dead ducks in the water and shouldve punted the ball back to the Jets...i just snh Mad
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down