Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Newton doing business

+5
KWicK78
HurpDurpHurray
EPICxPENGUIN69
MaddMatter
Soarindude02
9 posters

Go down

Newton doing business Empty Newton doing business

Post  Soarindude02 September 11th 2011, 8:32 pm

Cam Newton proving all the #HATERS wrong.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Newton doing business Empty Re: Newton doing business

Post  MaddMatter September 11th 2011, 8:43 pm

Who are the Cardinals corners again?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 11th 2011, 8:47 pm

i saw the highlights, his fundamentals did look a little better. he isnt looking so sloppy. he still made some bonehead plays but i think clausen gives them a better chance to win
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 11th 2011, 9:20 pm

He broke Peyton Manning's record of most yards passing in your first career game. Probably the only record of Manning's he'll break... Good game nevertheless
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 11th 2011, 9:44 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:He broke Peyton Manning's record of most yards passing in your first career game. Probably the only record of Manning's he'll break... Good game nevertheless

it was otto grahms record
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 11th 2011, 10:23 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:He broke Peyton Manning's record of most yards passing in your first career game. Probably the only record of Manning's he'll break... Good game nevertheless

it was otto grahms record

Which is even more impressive, cause that guy played back in the glory days. When all it was was Detroit and Cleveland and everyone else was pissed. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 September 12th 2011, 2:02 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:i saw the highlights, his fundamentals did look a little better. he isnt looking so sloppy. he still made some bonehead plays but i think clausen gives them a better chance to win

How can you even remotely say the Clausen gives them a better chance? In one game, Newton did more than Clausen did all last year...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 12th 2011, 4:53 am

Soarindude02 wrote:Cam Newton proving all the #HATERS wrong.

No he's not.

He was made to look better than he was because our staring CBs were all rookies.

We'll see how he performs against a real secondary of veterans, not green rookies.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 September 12th 2011, 5:52 am

Indeed he did. I never thought he would have a performance like that. It doesn't hurt to have a healthy Steve Smith too. Great game today but let's hope he doesn't pull a VY and go MIA in 3 years. The best thing about Cam Newton, having the media show one who actually performs well in the game instead of a cheerleader on the sidelines.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 September 12th 2011, 6:13 am

lets wait till he plays a real defense lol Rolling Eyes
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 13th 2011, 5:14 am

Nef77 wrote:
Indeed he did. I never thought he would have a performance like that. It doesn't hurt to have a healthy Steve Smith too. Great game today but let's hope he doesn't pull a VY and go MIA in 3 years. The best thing about Cam Newton, having the media show one who actually performs well in the game instead of a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Jesus Christ,

Did anyone actually read my comment?

A.J. Jefferson and Patrick Peterson were ROOKIES! Steve Smith is a veteran wide-out who knows how to make rookie CBs look stupid. Therefore, Newton was able to find an open Smith to throw to.

You want to see how he really plays? Wait until he plays someone like Green Bay or New Orleans where the CBs are experienced enough to shut down Steve Smith so he can't make big plays.

You're all jumping the gun on Cam. The Cardinals secondary is not only banged up, it's also inexperienced.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 14th 2011, 3:17 pm

Mutant wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Jesus Christ,

A.J. Jefferson and Patrick Peterson were ROOKIES! Steve Smith is a veteran wide-out who knows how to make rookie CBs look stupid. Therefore, Newton was able to find an open Smith to throw to.

You want to see how he really plays? Wait until he plays someone like Green Bay or New Orleans where the CBs are experienced enough to shut down Steve Smith so he can't make big plays.

You're all jumping the gun on Cam. The Cardinals secondary is not only banged up, it's also inexperienced.

Irrelevant
Cam Newton is the next Randell Cunningham.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 14th 2011, 4:06 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Jesus Christ,

Irrelevant

How is it irrelevant? It's the reason why he threw for so much.

You honestly think he'd have thrown for 422 yards with Darrelle Revis covering Steve Smith or with the Green Bay pass-rush?

Too early to be branding him as the new anything.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 September 14th 2011, 4:20 pm

Its week fucking 1... and the panthers played the Cardinals with a weak DB corps...

Its like saying that you beat a guy with Cerebral Palsy in arm wrestling lol
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 14th 2011, 4:59 pm

Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Jesus Christ,

Irrelevant

You honestly think he'd have thrown for 422 yards with Darrelle Revis covering Steve Smith or with the Green Bay pass-rush?

Irrelevant, Cam Newton is the next Brett Favre/Mike Vick Hypid.

Regardless of who he played against, he did a fine job. I know I know, poor Cornerbacks but hey, you CAM't help who you play against... He got the job done that game, and unfortunately, did not have any help anywhere else, other then by S. Smith.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 14th 2011, 5:22 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Jesus Christ,

Irrelevant

Regardless of who he played against, he did a fine job. I know I know, poor Cornerbacks but hey, you CAM't help who you play against... He got the job done that game, and unfortunately, did not have any help anywhere else, other then by S. Smith.

Ok then, you win.

But you better not act all pissed at someone when Cam throws for 3 INTs and 158 yards vs the Packers and that person posts a thread laughing at him.

It won't be me though, I want to see him succeed too but I'm a realist. I'm not going to base his entire career off one Week 1 game like some are.

I want to see how he does against other teams as well before I pass real judgement.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 September 15th 2011, 6:19 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Jesus Christ,

Irrelevant

gt off that nigga nuts man.

dude aint no vick and he aint no way near vick.

let him beat some elite defenses first before compairing him to a HOF worthy player like Cunningham.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down