Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Nnamdi vs Revis

+3
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
JermikesHere
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nnamdi vs Revis Empty Re: Nnamdi vs Revis

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 10:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I think the Bengals would go after him.

I mean they love having criminals on their roster, so Aqib would fit right in Smile

Unless we lose Jonathan or Leon, I don't think he'll be coming here.

But then again, did he hit someone with his car while drunk driving? Because then maybe the Ravens would be interested in him Smile

Perhaps. But I would rather us get Nnamdi Smile

i am not trying to go Off Topic here but i have to ask this question...why would a team want a CB that gives up almost 80% of passes that come his way? granted he may only get thrown at 30 times a year, but if hes giving up 25 of those it should make you wonder why opponents dont try more Shocked ...also the 16-18 million dollar price tag that Nnamdi comes with isnt very appealing, at least not for a CB that gives up that percent of passes he is paid to defend...case in point would be someone like Revis who gave up 39 passes out of 141 attempts...now thats a good percentage Very Happy

Where do you get your stats from?

2010 Season Nnamdi Asomugha:

Targeted: 33.
Catches Allowed: 11.
Comp Rate: 33%.
TD's Allowed: 0.
Redzone Catches Allowed: 0.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 24th 2011, 11:02 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

I mean they love having criminals on their roster, so Aqib would fit right in Smile

But then again, did he hit someone with his car while drunk driving? Because then maybe the Ravens would be interested in him Smile

i am not trying to go Off Topic here but i have to ask this question...why would a team want a CB that gives up almost 80% of passes that come his way? granted he may only get thrown at 30 times a year, but if hes giving up 25 of those it should make you wonder why opponents dont try more Shocked ...also the 16-18 million dollar price tag that Nnamdi comes with isnt very appealing, at least not for a CB that gives up that percent of passes he is paid to defend...case in point would be someone like Revis who gave up 39 passes out of 141 attempts...now thats a good percentage Very Happy

lol oh my god I love it... are you SERIOUSLY saying "where do you get your stats from" to someone else? Have you ever EVER EVER been right about anything you've posted? lol. That is just fantastic. The irony is so thick..

And in 09 he gave up 75% of the passes thrown his way, which IS in fact nearly 80%. So puppetz was not "sna". (I think "sna" is a good term to use to replace the word "wrong", right??)
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 11:03 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

lol oh my god I love it... are you SERIOUSLY saying "where do you get your stats from" to someone else? Have you ever EVER EVER been right about anything you've posted? lol. That is just fantastic. The irony is so thick..

And in 09 he gave up 75% of the passes thrown his way, which IS in fact nearly 80%. So puppetz was not "sna". (I think "sna" is a good term to use to replace the word "wrong", right??)

Sure, in 2009 he gave up 75% of the passes. But in 2010 he gave up 33%.

And in 2009 he gave up 0 TD's, and I'll take giving up catches when that guy doesn't give up 7 points.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 11:04 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Where'd you get yours from?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 11:06 pm

Nnamdi gave up 22 out of 28 passes in 09, in 2010 he improved his Catch Allowed percentage by simply and flagrantly causing Pass Interference resulting in the other team getting the ball at the spot of the foul...i watched him yank the Chargers WR Floyd down at least 4 times in one game, he was flagged 3 of them, those were all TDs too Shocked
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Nnamdi vs Revis Empty Nnamdi vs Revis

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 11:12 pm

I feel like I should start this thread, I feel a debate coming on. Laughing

Let's be honest it goes

Nnamdi-1
Revis-A

TIED for #1 in the league. If I had to choose ONE? I'd go Nnamdi, just because he's done it a couple years more and he has a sweet name. But would I complain if we got Revis over Nnamdi? Not one fucking bit.

Too bad they're both in the AFC..for now. I enjoyed watching Revis last year...although Calvin DID beat him a couple times, we just didn't throw to him Sad.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 11:12 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/5586598.page Asomugha posted it, so I took his word for it.

There is another site that (raidersfans.net) that has different stats. I can't find any websites that have his Completion Percentages posted without having to get a subscription. Here's the link to the above website:

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/170597-nnamdi-asomugha-stanford-routt-stats-whole-season-5.html

Nnamdi:

Total
Targets 84
Catches 25
Yards 450
Touchdowns
Interceptions
Pass Defense 15
Penalties 9

Back to top Go down

Nnamdi vs Revis Empty Nnamdi vs Revis (fixing)

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 11:12 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Nnamdi gave up 22 out of 28 passes in 09, in 2010 he improved his Catch Allowed percentage by simply and flagrantly causing Pass Interference resulting in the other team getting the ball at the spot of the foul...i watched him yank the Chargers WR Floyd down at least 4 times in one game, he was flagged 3 of them, those were all TDs too Shocked

So in other words he made the smart play by not giving up 7 points? Oh, and by the way, who won that game? The Raiders did. Thus not giving up a touchdown > getting flagged.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 11:14 pm

I agree.

They are both the best at what they do.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 11:16 pm

the only argument here is that people have this BIG misconception that Nnamdi CANNOT bet thrown on, that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard...he gave up 22 out of 28 passes in 09..how did he improve his percentage in 2010? PENALTYS!!! Pass Interference penaltys that give the other team the ball where he made ILLEGAL CONTACT so the WR wouldnt burn him for TDs, and therefore making himself look good on a statsheeet...whether you like it or not, its the TRUTH.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 24th 2011, 11:42 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Out of his ass, like where he gets all his other "stats" and "facts".

Or I see he posted he got it from a forum that everyone here left because it sucks ass, from a noted Raiders homer. Very reliable sources indeed. I'd check out footballoutsiders.com and their cornerback rankings, which unsurprisingly have Revis rated #1.

I don't have a subscription to to profootballfocus, but i'd be interested to see what they have listed for the targets and completions.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 24th 2011, 11:43 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Sure, in 2009 he gave up 75% of the passes. But in 2010 he gave up 33%.

And in 2009 he gave up 0 TD's, and I'll take giving up catches when that guy doesn't give up 7 points.

Touchdowns are worth 6 points, not 7.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 1:34 am

Okay seriously? First stfu^ You know exactly what he meant when he said giving up 7 points instead of saying 6.

Why do we keep having this discussion, whether it's on this forum or back on EA?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 1:58 am

JermikesHere wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Or I see he posted he got it from a forum that everyone here left because it sucks ass, from a noted Raiders homer. Very reliable sources indeed. I'd check out footballoutsiders.com and their cornerback rankings, which unsurprisingly have Revis rated #1.

I don't have a subscription to to profootballfocus, but i'd be interested to see what they have listed for the targets and completions.

Okay, well what does footballoutsiders have to say about his completion percentage then?

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:02 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Okay, well what does footballoutsiders have to say about his completion percentage then?

they said that his completion % went down but he was flagged an incredible 16 times for PASS INTERFERENCE!!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:06 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

they said that his completion % went down but he was flagged an incredible 16 times for PASS INTERFERENCE!!!

Oh really? Proof?

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 25th 2011, 2:08 am

well that went wonderful...

tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 2:09 am

SteelersJMB wrote:Okay seriously? First stfu^ You know exactly what he meant when he said giving up 7 points instead of saying 6.

Why do we keep having this discussion, whether it's on this forum or back on EA?

What are you just mad it's not about a Steelers player or something? If you don't like it, don't partake in the discussion. Right?
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:11 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh really? Proof?

watch the first game they played the chargers and that would be enough proof for anybody, Floyd burned him for 213 yard on 8 catches, should have 12 catches for 300+ yards but Nnamdi got smart and started yanking him to the ground instead of letting him burn him some more...it happened all year long against whoever the raiders played.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:12 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh really? Proof?

watch the first game they played the chargers and that would be enough proof for anybody, Floyd burned him for 213 yard on 8 catches, should have 12 catches for 300+ yards but Nnamdi got smart and started yanking him to the ground instead of letting him burn him some more...it happened all year long against whoever the raiders played.

I did watch the SD game, and yes Nnamdi did have an off day, and yes he did get flagged. But does that mean he sucked for the other 15 games of the season? Obviously not...

I guess if we are judging by one game, then Revis sucked too, did you see him get worked by Randy Moss and then leave the game?! He couldn't even force a penalty because Randy Moss left him in the dust.

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 25th 2011, 2:14 am

maybe there should be a rule that disallows discussion of Nnamdi Asomugha and/or Darrell Revis together...

This is fucking ridiculous...

@Jermike and SNA: just shut the fuck up already... no body likes to read you two guys having bitch fits about what the other person says...

tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:15 am

your just a Jet hater..its cool...Nnamdi caused 4 PI penaltys against the Chargers in 1 game, where did the OTHER 12 PI penaltys come from? lol, i will help u out and tell you..THEY CAME FROM OTHER GAMES WHEN HE WAS GETTING BURNED AND DECIDED TO PAD HIS STATSHEET AND YANK THE WR TO THE GROUND!!!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 25th 2011, 2:18 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:your just a Jet hater..its cool...Nnamdi caused 4 PI penaltys against the Chargers in 1 game, where did the OTHER 12 PI penaltys come from? lol, i will help u out and tell you..THEY CAME FROM OTHER GAMES WHEN HE WAS GETTING BURNED AND DECIDED TO PAD HIS STATSHEET AND YANK THE WR TO THE GROUND!!!!

im gonna go against my own personal rules when dealing with a Aso v. Revis topic....

I'd rather have a CB get a penalty than give up a TD.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:21 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:your just a Jet hater..its cool...Nnamdi caused 4 PI penaltys against the Chargers in 1 game, where did the OTHER 12 PI penaltys come from? lol, i will help u out and tell you..THEY CAME FROM OTHER GAMES WHEN HE WAS GETTING BURNED AND DECIDED TO PAD HIS STATSHEET AND YANK THE WR TO THE GROUND!!!!

Okay? He still didn't give up a TD and his team still had the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL. It's not like they sucked as a direct result of him. I still don't see where this holds any merit at all. If he doesn't give up 7 points because he got beat, he gives his team another chance to stop the other team, and obviously it worked, seeing as how they had their best season in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:22 am

tubbs51 wrote:

im gonna go against my own personal rules when dealing with a Aso v. Revis topic....

I'd rather have a CB get a penalty than give up a TD.

check this out Tubb, was the penalty even neccesary? maybe the WR drops the pass? or maybe if you give up a 60 yard penalty but on the very next play your teamate gives up the 10 yard TD? BINGO!!! and the entire time your statsheet looks squeeky clean Rolling Eyes ...Nnamdi is a BUM, he gets his defense into more trouble but yet walks away "scott free" from any blame Cool
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next