Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Nnamdi vs Revis

+3
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
JermikesHere
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nnamdi vs Revis - Page 2 Empty Re: Nnamdi vs Revis

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:23 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:your just a Jet hater..its cool...Nnamdi caused 4 PI penaltys against the Chargers in 1 game, where did the OTHER 12 PI penaltys come from? lol, i will help u out and tell you..THEY CAME FROM OTHER GAMES WHEN HE WAS GETTING BURNED AND DECIDED TO PAD HIS STATSHEET AND YANK THE WR TO THE GROUND!!!!

im gonna go against my own personal rules when dealing with a Aso v. Revis topic....

I'd rather have a CB get a penalty than give up a TD.

check this out Tubb, was the penalty even neccesary? maybe the WR drops the pass? or maybe if you give up a 60 yard penalty but on the very next play your teamate gives up the 10 yard TD? BINGO!!! and the entire time your statsheet looks squeeky clean Rolling Eyes ...Nnamdi is a BUM, he gets his defense into more trouble but yet walks away "scott free" from any blame Cool

Well, there goes all of your credibility.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:24 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:your just a Jet hater..its cool...Nnamdi caused 4 PI penaltys against the Chargers in 1 game, where did the OTHER 12 PI penaltys come from? lol, i will help u out and tell you..THEY CAME FROM OTHER GAMES WHEN HE WAS GETTING BURNED AND DECIDED TO PAD HIS STATSHEET AND YANK THE WR TO THE GROUND!!!!

Okay? He still didn't give up a TD and his team still had the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL. It's not like they sucked as a direct result of him. I still don't see where this holds any merit at all. If he doesn't give up 7 points because he got beat, he gives his team another chance to stop the other team, and obviously it worked, seeing as how they had their best season in a while.

i am responding to the Raiders having the #2 Pass D...your team would have the best Pass D also if your Run D was ranked 29th in the League .... Shocked
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 2:25 am

tubbs51 wrote:maybe there should be a rule that disallows discussion of Nnamdi Asomugha and/or Darrell Revis together...

This is fucking ridiculous...

@Jermike and SNA: just shut the fuck up already... no body likes to read you two guys having bitch fits about what the other person says...

Awwww I'm sorry I've upset you, bud! You seem worked up.. go take a midol.

And sna, why are you referring to a play in which Revis pulled his hamstring and had to miss almost 3 weeks of action? You know DAMN WELL if Ray Lewis pulled his hamstring and got trucked on a play you'd make a billion excuses for him and tell everyone how wonderful he is and what a great body he has, almost as good as Ray Rice's.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:26 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

im gonna go against my own personal rules when dealing with a Aso v. Revis topic....

check this out Tubb, was the penalty even neccesary? maybe the WR drops the pass? or maybe if you give up a 60 yard penalty but on the very next play your teamate gives up the 10 yard TD? BINGO!!! and the entire time your statsheet looks squeeky clean Rolling Eyes ...Nnamdi is a BUM, he gets his defense into more trouble but yet walks away "scott free" from any blame Cool

i HOPE to god that the Ravens are stupid enough to sign him for almost 20 million a season...if that happens you guys can single handily thank him for ruining any chances you may have had to actually "improve" your team.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 2:28 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Okay? He still didn't give up a TD and his team still had the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL. It's not like they sucked as a direct result of him. I still don't see where this holds any merit at all. If he doesn't give up 7 points because he got beat, he gives his team another chance to stop the other team, and obviously it worked, seeing as how they had their best season in a while.

i am responding to the Raiders having the #2 Pass D...your team would have the best Pass D also if your Run D was ranked 29th in the League .... Shocked

Bingo. Great point that gets overlooked way too easily. When teams run all over you and pass less frequently, it's mighty easy to give up fewer yards. Not saying the Raiders secondary sucks ass or anything, but stats can be misleading when another aspect of the D is so awful.

And sna, don't tell anybody they lost credibility.. it means less than nothing coming from you. The next time you are right about something will be the first.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:29 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh so now they have a good pass defense because their run defense sucks? That explains a lot, especially why Nnamdi/Routt were one of the most effective CB combos in the league last year in forced-incompletions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:30 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

i HOPE to god that the Ravens are stupid enough to sign him for almost 20 million a season...if that happens you guys can single handily thank him for ruining any chances you may have had to actually "improve" your team.

I do too. Then we will actually be able to tell how good he is. If he's not worth it, then so be it. But I think he's more than proven he can be a shutdown corner, despite what you say.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:36 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh so now they have a good pass defense because their run defense sucks? That explains a lot, especially why Nnamdi/Routt were one of the most effective CB combos in the league last year in forced-incompletions.

Look, its simple math...if your Run D is awful then the opposing team will RUN more than PASS, therefore creating an illusion that you actually have a GREAT Pass D when in FACT it really just wasnt tested as much due to your other aspect of Defense that was giving up yardage for free....IMO i think a Defense needs to be evaluated on BOTH areas and if they can make Top 10 in BOTH, then thats something special.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 25th 2011, 2:37 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

I do too. Then we will actually be able to tell how good he is. If he's not worth it, then so be it. But I think he's more than proven he can be a shutdown corner, despite what you say.

I think he'd be good there... The Ravens have a good Defensive line which tends to help CBs...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:38 am

tubbs51 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

I think he'd be good there... The Ravens have a good Defensive line which tends to help CBs...

Yeah I think he would too. And it would open things up for our other corners to make plays because they KNOW no one is going to throw at Nnamdi, which allows us to double other guys and thus force more turnovers and sacks as long as Sizzle brings the heat like he can.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 3:01 am

MaddMatt wrote:I feel like I should start this thread, I feel a debate coming on. Laughing

Let's be honest it goes

Nnamdi-1
Revis-A

TIED for #1 in the league. If I had to choose ONE? I'd go Nnamdi, just because he's done it a couple years more and he has a sweet name. But would I complain if we got Revis over Nnamdi? Not one fucking bit.

Too bad they're both in the AFC..for now. I enjoyed watching Revis last year...although Calvin DID beat him a couple times, we just didn't throw to him Sad.

OK, thank you for making my point for me...Revis covered Megatron for the entire game and gave up 1 catch 13 yards 0 TDs 4 pass defended ...now the last time the Lions played against the Raiders, Megatron had 4 catches 70 yards and 1 TD with Kitna throwing the ball , what im saying is that Revis takes away the opposing teams #1 WR therefore making them go to other WRs and if you dont have good depth, your done..Nnamdi and the Raiders dont play to thier opponents strengths and try to eliminate them, so Nnamdi may actually cover the #1 WR maybe 7-10 plays per game, thats pretty ridiculous considering all the other team would have to do to get a better matchup is to move the WR to other side of field and throw to him,lol...personally i would be loving it as a Offensive coordinator to get a guy like Megatron matched up with my opponents #2 or #3 CB....for Nnamdi to get any "street cred' from me, he better be playing at a #1 level just like Revis does, until then, this little contest isnt even close...Revis in a landslide.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 3:30 am

Funny, even with Megatron being "locked up" the Lions still almost beat you guys.

Oh and Stafford got injured in that game too...

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 25th 2011, 7:13 am

somethings never change lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 10:47 am

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Okay seriously? First stfu^ You know exactly what he meant when he said giving up 7 points instead of saying 6.

Why do we keep having this discussion, whether it's on this forum or back on EA?

What are you just mad it's not about a Steelers player or something? If you don't like it, don't partake in the discussion. Right?

Like I care if we talk about a Steelers' player Rolling Eyes

You guys rarely even have a discussion, all you guys do is go back and forth with throwing the whole "fake stat" arguement or some shit like that. If you guys argued about this shit for almost a year last year and no one agreed to anything, what makes you think we will now? Especially since we can openly say here, we just Don't Give A Fuck Very Happy
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 12:43 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Okay seriously? First stfu^ You know exactly what he meant when he said giving up 7 points instead of saying 6.

Why do we keep having this discussion, whether it's on this forum or back on EA?

What are you just mad it's not about a Steelers player or something? If you don't like it, don't partake in the discussion. Right?

Like I care if we talk about a Steelers' player Rolling Eyes

You guys rarely even have a discussion, all you guys do is go back and forth with throwing the whole "fake stat" arguement or some shit like that. If you guys argued about this shit for almost a year last year and no one agreed to anything, what makes you think we will now? Especially since we can openly say here, we just Don't Give A Fuck Very Happy

I like the capitalization there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 1:07 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Funny, even with Megatron being "locked up" the Lions still almost beat you guys.

Any given Sunday a team can be beaten...as far as stafford getting hurt? it was very late 4th qtr, dont act like he didnt play 98% of the game Rolling Eyes
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 1:25 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Funny, even with Megatron being "locked up" the Lions still almost beat you guys.

Any given Sunday a team can be beaten...as far as stafford getting hurt? it was very late 4th qtr, dont act like he didnt play 98% of the game Rolling Eyes

And the Ravens got embarrassed by the Bengals this year. But that's ok I guess.. it's better to lose than to "almost" lose.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 1:42 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Idk who would've won that game had Stafford not been injured but he was hurt with about 5 min left in the game, ya never know what could've happened.

Although idk what Sna was trying to prove by saying Megatron got "shut down" by Revis and Lions almost won the game, they key word is ALMOST, at the end of the day the Lions were the losers.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 2:00 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Idk who would've won that game had Stafford not been injured but he was hurt with about 5 min left in the game, ya never know what could've happened.

Although idk what Sna was trying to prove by saying Megatron got "shut down" by Revis and Lions almost won the game, they key word is ALMOST, at the end of the day the Lions were the losers.

Especially when the point at hand was that Revis shut down Calvin. The outcome of the game isn't the main point when discussing individual performance.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 5:22 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

And the Ravens got embarrassed by the Bengals this year. But that's ok I guess.. it's better to lose than to "almost" lose.

Flacco threw 4 INT's and we lost by 5 and gave up 15 points...

Not sure how that is "embarrassed".

My point was that Nnamdi takes away one side of the field, not just one WR. Even with CJ being "shut down", Stafford threw for 240 yards and 2 TD's. Had he not gotten hurt, who knows what could have happened. Just because Revis shuts down #1 receivers for "most" of the games doesn't mean he's any better than a guy who shuts down an entire side of the field for an entire season and RARELY gets thrown at.

And don't forget that the Raiders' defense was on the field for over a minute longer on average than the Jets last year based on TOP.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 6:02 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

My point was that Nnamdi takes away one side of the field, not just one WR. Even with CJ being "shut down", Stafford threw for 240 yards and 2 TD's. Had he not gotten hurt, who knows what could have happened. Just because Revis shuts down #1 receivers for "most" of the games doesn't mean he's any better than a guy who shuts down an entire side of the field for an entire season and RARELY gets thrown at.

And don't forget that the Raiders' defense was on the field for over a minute longer on average than the Jets last year based on TOP.

lol please explain how Asomugha takes away an entire side of the field and not just 1 receiver? So you are saying if 3 receivers line up on one side of the field, and Aso is covering one of them, the qb can't throw to that side of the field with any success because that's the side Aso is on? lol.. WHATEVER you say bud!

And just to show once again how ridiculous your posts are.. what exactly does being on the field longer per game have anything to do with Asomugha or Revis? You know why the Raiders D was on the field longer per game? Because they can't stop run plays and teams milk the clock against them. Guess who had the least passes thrown on them all year? That's right.. the Oakland Raiders! Is it because of Asomugha? No that's the most ridiculous notion of them all.. it's because their run D is awful and they were often losing, leading to more runs, less passes. FURTHERMORE, while the Raiders gave up less yards through the air than the Jets, they allowed a much higher yards per play than the Jets. Raiders were 19th, Jets were 5th. Which shows again that the Raiders being #2 in total pass defense is a joke of a stat. It's because they have so few passes thrown on them because their run D sucks so bad.

Care to throw any other retarded points out there so I can quickly PROVE you wrong?
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 6:03 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

that is another ridiculous FALSE claim that was manufactured by Raiders Homers about Nnamdi shutting down an entire side of the field Laughing Laughing Laughing ...to be honest do you see teams ALWAYS throwing to the opposite side as him ? NO you dont, they may not always target him but in no way shape or form do they purposely avoid the only side he can play on, that is a myth...as far as Stafford throwing for 240 yards goes, how about Kitna shredding the Raiders D with Nnamdi? 27/36 289 and 3 TDs? and you seriously think Nnamdi wasnt near the ball when the Raiders got smoked for 431 yards last season against the Chargers? Laughing ..actually Nnamdi was so mad in that game he started to flagrantly Pass Interfere with Malcolm floyd who had 8 catches for 213 yards and yes most of that yardage was against Nnamdi and it shoukldve been ALOT more but Nnamdi resorted to collecting penaltys instead of getting beaten yet again Neutral
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 6:38 pm

Well we can argue this all year long, or we can say they are both 1 and 1a, which is exactly what they are.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 25th 2011, 6:49 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Well we can argue this all year long, or we can say they are both 1 and 1a, which is exactly what they are.

This could have been said 4 pages ago... Wink
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 6:54 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Well we can argue this all year long, or we can say they are both 1 and 1a, which is exactly what they are.

Yeah I mean it's better to just say something like that than for you to continue making insane posts that make no sense only to be proven wrong with facts time and time again.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next