Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

+7
TRU11
JermikesHere
Thadden
KWicK78
SteelersJMB
EPICxPENGUIN69
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity? Empty Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 22nd 2011, 8:26 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity? Empty Re: Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 22nd 2011, 8:32 pm

Even rome needed the games to quench the thirst for blood, when the games ended, the thirst moved to the streets

the NFL is todays version of romes gladiator games. you take that away, who the fuck knows what idiots will do
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity? Empty Re: Ray Lewis foresees Criminal Activity?

Post  SteelersJMB May 22nd 2011, 10:03 pm

Yeah that makes sense...if I can't watch the Steelers play on Sunday that means I'm gonna have to rob a bank or commit a murder Rolling Eyes

Or I could just simply find something different to do for THREE WHOLE HOURS of the day...

I want football to continue as much as the next person but seriously?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:16 pm

What's shocking about it? It makes perfect sense...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:18 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Yeah that makes sense...if I can't watch the Steelers play on Sunday that means I'm gonna have to rob a bank or commit a murder Rolling Eyes

Or I could just simply find something different to do for THREE WHOLE HOURS of the day...

He's not talking about people like you. He's talking about people who live through football or people who turn to football and the NFL as a way to stay off the streets and such. If those people don't have NFL games to go to every Sunday and don't have a team to keep their interests, it makes perfect sense that the crime rate will rise, and so will gang violence and that stuff.

He's not talking about people like you, he's talking about kids who live through the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 22nd 2011, 10:28 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Yeah that makes sense...if I can't watch the Steelers play on Sunday that means I'm gonna have to rob a bank or commit a murder Rolling Eyes

He's not talking about people like you. He's talking about people who live through football or people who turn to football and the NFL as a way to stay off the streets and such. If those people don't have NFL games to go to every Sunday and don't have a team to keep their interests, it makes perfect sense that the crime rate will rise, and so will gang violence and that stuff.

He's not talking about people like you, he's talking about kids who live through the game.

The nfl season is 17 weeks long...do you see on the news "OMG FOR THE NEXT 35 WEEKS THE CRIME RATES WILL BE SHOOTING UP!!!" No because we can go without football for 35 weeks of the year without committing crimes and such since theres no NFL but sudeenly once we get to Sept-Jan, the crime rate will suddenly raise?

Not talking about me, im talking about people in general
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The nfl season is 17 weeks long...do you see on the news "OMG FOR THE NEXT 35 WEEKS THE CRIME RATES WILL BE SHOOTING UP!!!" No because we can go without football for 35 weeks of the year without committing crimes and such since theres no NFL but sudeenly once we get to Sept-Jan, the crime rate will suddenly raise?

What happens in the off-season when there is no football? The crime rate rises because NFL players and other people have nothing to do but make stupid decisions. If that period is extended due to a lockout, it's only logical to assume that the normal crime-rate during this period where there would generally be football would rise.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 22nd 2011, 10:31 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

What happens in the off-season when there is no football? The crime rate rises because NFL players and other people have nothing to do but make stupid decisions. If that period is extended due to a lockout, it's only logical to assume that the normal crime-rate during this period where there would generally be football would rise.

LIKE WHEN???
Where do you have numbers that show that the crime rate in the U.S jump up just because there is no NFL during the off-season?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:33 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

LIKE WHEN???
Where do you have numbers that show that the crime rate in the U.S jump up just because there is no NFL during the off-season?

Wait until the season starts and the lockout is in effect...Then we will be able to tell.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 22nd 2011, 10:35 pm

Well you made it sound like its already happened before, where the crime rate goes up once the NFL season is over.

That people who use the NFL to stay off the streets suddenly run amuck during the off-season.

I wanta know where you got this from?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:37 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Well you made it sound like its already happened before, where the crime rate goes up once the NFL season is over.

That people who use the NFL to stay off the streets suddenly run amuck during the off-season.

I wanta know where you got this from?

No I'm saying it's logical that if a season starts with no football, it's likely that the people who would be watching football or playing football will likely be out on the streets or whatever getting intro trouble and what not.

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 22nd 2011, 11:09 pm

Before Jermike gets here, I'm just going to say: Look up some numbers before you start claiming that crime rate goes up because of a lockout.

It's insane. Logical? Idk. It was logical to say that only gay people get AIDS at one time. Or the world was flat.

There is no evidence to support this claim, and it's foolish for you to continue to try.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 22nd 2011, 11:11 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:Even rome needed the games to quench the thirst for blood, when the games ended, the thirst moved to the streets

the NFL is todays version of romes gladiator games. you take that away, who the fuck knows what idiots will do
I mean this in the most respectful way possible, I get that you enjoy history, but is everything a history analogy for you? This forum is like the U.S.A, football like roman gladiators lol
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 11:12 pm

KWicK78 wrote:Before Jermike gets here, I'm just going to say: Look up some numbers before you start claiming that crime rate goes up because of a lockout.

It's insane. Logical? Idk. It was logical to say that only gay people get AIDS at one time. Or the world was flat.

There is no evidence to support this claim, and it's foolish for you to continue to try.

I tried finding crime rates based on seasonal periods, but couldn't.

But when you think about how many NFL players have been arrested since the season ended (13 as of right now), and how many possibly are going to get arrested once the would-be season does not start due to the lockout, combine that with people committing crimes that would be at or watching football games, it's not insane to say the crime rate will go up. It's just what Ray "thinks". It's his opinion. Let's just see if it happens or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 22nd 2011, 11:21 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Before Jermike gets here, I'm just going to say: Look up some numbers before you start claiming that crime rate goes up because of a lockout.

But when you think about how many NFL players have been arrested since the season ended (13 as of right now), and how many possibly are going to get arrested once the would-be season does not start due to the lockout, combine that with people committing crimes that would be at or watching football games, it's not insane to say the crime rate will go up. It's just what Ray "thinks". It's his opinion. Let's just see if it happens or not.

The face that crime rate goes up amongst players is documented. That occurs. And it makes sense. But the general population? No way. Any difference is negligible and can hardly be attributed to the fact that games aren't happening. By that logic, there should be data that would indicate that there is less crime on Sundays. But there are also other things on Sunday that could contribute to that aka a vast majority of church meetings in the U.S.

But this is all moot point, there is no data. Researchers are constantly looking to make a dollar with new data. This would be very easily sold data. There is no data because there is no correlation.

Ray can "think" whatever he wants. It's insane for this discussion to even be occurring.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 11:28 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The face that crime rate goes up amongst players is documented. That occurs. And it makes sense. But the general population? No way. Any difference is negligible and can hardly be attributed to the fact that games aren't happening. By that logic, there should be data that would indicate that there is less crime on Sundays. But there are also other things on Sunday that could contribute to that aka a vast majority of church meetings in the U.S.

But this is all moot point, there is no data. Researchers are constantly looking to make a dollar with new data. This would be very easily sold data. There is no data because there is no correlation.

Ray can "think" whatever he wants. It's insane for this discussion to even be occurring.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens and see if more crimes happen amongst NFL players than the normal average would if the lockout goes into the time where the regular Pre-Season or Regular Season would be starting up.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 22nd 2011, 11:56 pm

or MAYBE...Ray Lewis is worried about himself and all the extra time he will have on his hands, maybe he has some "urgings' to commit some crimes so he already knows the crime rate will rise...but when its all said and done, he DIDNT kill no muthfkin Lion!!! Shocked
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 1:49 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:or MAYBE...Ray Lewis is worried about himself and all the extra time he will have on his hands, maybe he has some "urgings' to commit some crimes so he already knows the crime rate will rise...but when its all said and done, he DIDNT kill no muthfkin Lion!!! Shocked

Mmm, yeah or he's busy running his football camps and visiting children who have disabilities or doing interviews for NFL Network and ESPN and working out. You know, he could be doing those things, like he always does.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 23rd 2011, 2:14 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:or MAYBE...Ray Lewis is worried about himself and all the extra time he will have on his hands, maybe he has some "urgings' to commit some crimes so he already knows the crime rate will rise...but when its all said and done, he DIDNT kill no muthfkin Lion!!! Shocked

Mmm, yeah or he's busy running his football camps and visiting children who have disabilities or doing interviews for NFL Network and ESPN and working out. You know, he could be doing those things, like he always does.

I'll get a bitch a child with handicaps

Yea, bitches love kids with handicaps
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 23rd 2011, 11:27 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You always make Lewis sound like a saint...
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 12:41 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Lol, just because I say what he does during the offseason? Sorry?

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 23rd 2011, 1:30 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Lol, just because I say what he does during the offseason? Sorry?

You do it all the time, I'm not one to call out someone for just ONE post
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 23rd 2011, 2:01 pm

Why would Ray Lewis expect more crime from players? Didn't he mentor 97% of the NFL and teach them that crime is bad?
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 23rd 2011, 2:03 pm

No
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 23rd 2011, 4:08 pm

When asked why crime would increase, the 12-time Pro Bowl player said "there's nothing else to do."

I hope he isn't talking about himself. Because that would be just sad. Seriously crime rates increase with no NFL. Cmon Ray.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next