Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Most Under-rated NFL QB in history?

+3
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
Mutant
7 posters

Go down

Most Under-rated NFL QB in history? Empty Most Under-rated NFL QB in history?

Post  Mutant May 27th 2011, 11:43 am

Going thread crazy today haha

But anyway, who do you think are the most under-rated QB's in the history of the NFL? I know this is the sort of list BleacherReport does but BR seem to get most things wrong.

I'd have to say Drew Bledsoe.

Everyone seems to forget him. Might be because he had his glory years at the same time as Brett Favre and John Elway. Favre even beat him in 1997. And I also think his injury in 2001 also seems to have had an effect because it unleashed a guy called Tom Brady on to the NFL and we all know what Brady achieved.

WHat about you guys?
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Most Under-rated NFL QB in history? Empty Re: Most Under-rated NFL QB in history?

Post  MaddMatter May 27th 2011, 1:35 pm

Otto Graham and Bobby Layne. The 2 best QB's of the 50's. They each won multiple championships during the 50's.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Most Under-rated NFL QB in history? Empty Re: Most Under-rated NFL QB in history?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 27th 2011, 2:14 pm

i dont know how Bledsoe was ever "underated" , from what i remeber he was the 1st overall pick in the 1993 Draft,cant be underated and be the 1st overall pick.....

i would have to say, in recent memory i would go with Jon Kitna being very underated, he has thrown for 30,000 yards and has a couple 4,000 yard seasons ...also has thrown more TDs than INTS in his career
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 27th 2011, 2:44 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i dont know how Bledsoe was ever "underated" , from what i remeber he was the 1st overall pick in the 1993 Draft,cant be underated and be the 1st overall pick.....

i would have to say, in recent memory i would go with Jon Kitna being very underated, he has thrown for 30,000 yards and has a couple 4,000 yard seasons ...also has thrown more TDs than INTS in his career

How many games did he win?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 27th 2011, 2:56 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i dont know how Bledsoe was ever "underated" , from what i remeber he was the 1st overall pick in the 1993 Draft,cant be underated and be the 1st overall pick.....

How many games did he win?

lets not get it twisted, Kitna has played for some bad teams, key word there is "Team" ...i mean Trent Dilfer has more Wins than Losses but is he considered "good" ? when its all said and done, Kitna didnt lose all those games by himself, he had plenty of help from his teamates
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 27th 2011, 3:03 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

lets not get it twisted, Kitna has played for some bad teams, key word there is "Team" ...i mean Trent Dilfer has more Wins than Losses but is he considered "good" ? when its all said and done, Kitna didnt lose all those games by himself, he had plenty of help from his teamates

But was the team "bad" because he couldn't win the game? I've seen Kita throw Interception after Interception in the 4th quarter. The biggest one was Green Bay AT Detroit 2008. He THREW that game away for us. Literally.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 27th 2011, 3:11 pm

Boomer Esiason
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 27th 2011, 4:07 pm

Yeah, but how come no one talks about him? He's never in those Top QB's Ever lists. I think people over-look him because he lost to Favre in '97 and Brady winning the Super Bowl for the Pats when he was injured in '01.

Everyone talks about Favre and he was drafted at around the same time.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 27th 2011, 5:21 pm

Matt Hasselbeck...

*waits to get flamed*
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 27th 2011, 6:25 pm

Kyle Orton anyone???? This guy doesn't get nearly the amount of credit he deserves...

Jim Plunkett, Jeff Garcia, Chad Pennington, Jim Zorn, Shaun Hill, Bernie Kosar, Earl Morral, Ken Anderson.

I'll agree on Jon Kitna if though I am a Lions fan and he did make some boneheaded plays, we wouldn't have went 0-16 if he wasn't shelved so early in the year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 27th 2011, 7:31 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Matt Hasselbeck...

*waits to get flamed*
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 27th 2011, 7:41 pm

MUTANT! wrote:

Yeah, but how come no one talks about him? He's never in those Top QB's Ever lists. I think people over-look him because he lost to Favre in '97 and Brady winning the Super Bowl for the Pats when he was injured in '01.

Everyone talks about Favre and he was drafted at around the same time.

i guess the way a player is percieved by others is where he was picked in the Draft, and with Bledsoe being a former 1st overall Pick the expectations for him were sky high and he never achieved anything really remarkable..he basically had an "average' career...sure his numbers arent bad but when we are talking about "underated" players, Bledsoe's name doesnt even cross my mind.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 May 27th 2011, 8:10 pm

My pick would be Danny White. The unfortunate guy that had to replace Roger Staubach.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 27th 2011, 9:29 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:Matt Hasselbeck...

*waits to get flamed*

Personally i dont think he's as bad as others make him out to be. He's never really had any pieces outside of the 2005 team which revolved around Shaun and the running game rather than Matt and the Passing game.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down