Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The Offseason

+6
HurpDurpHurray
RSoxGuy
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
10 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Offseason  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Offseason

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 30th 2015, 9:21 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:So the falcons pump in crowd noise and they lose a 5th round pick...

dufuq?

Take away 3 1st rounders, make that shit hurt

Lol come on that's a little much. I would take away a 3rd round pick or something, up the fine to a mil
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 30th 2015, 10:56 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:So the falcons pump in crowd noise and they lose a 5th round pick...

dufuq?

Agreed. Not enough and its a 5th rd in 2016 lol and a 350k fine which is not even vet minimum while the Browns received a little bit of a harsher one at a 250k fine plus the loss of their decisionmaker for 4 games for what I think is a lesser violation. You think the coaches were actually listening to his texts while piping in crowd noise actually affects the game.

Deflategate?? Pushed under the rug by NFL commisioner,czar and grand pooba Kraft.

I'd be a better commish. I'd make a panel for punishment, get some former coaches/players/admins to review cases and shit and find a good punishment for what ever. I'd shorten games, find a way to make a 3 1/2 hour game down to 2 - 2 1/2. Get rid of recreational drug tests, only PEDs and HGH blood test. Teams would be more heavily punished when shit happens like this.
You get fired, gotta make that commercial money, all the owners care about.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 31st 2015, 1:58 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

dufuq?

Agreed. Not enough and its a 5th rd in 2016 lol and a 350k fine which is not even vet minimum while the Browns received a little bit of a harsher one at a 250k fine plus the loss of their decisionmaker for 4 games for what I think is a lesser violation. You think the coaches were actually listening to his texts while piping in crowd noise actually affects the game.

Deflategate?? Pushed under the rug by NFL commisioner,czar and grand pooba Kraft.

I'd be a better commish. I'd make a panel for punishment, get some former coaches/players/admins to review cases and shit and find a good punishment for what ever. I'd shorten games, find a way to make a 3 1/2 hour game down to 2 - 2 1/2. Get rid of recreational drug tests, only PEDs and HGH blood test. Teams would be more heavily punished when shit happens like this.
You get fired, gotta make that commercial money, all the owners care about.

do what nascar does with having the screen in screen commercial. While you have the race going on in the corner, most of the screen is playing commercials. During timeouts, challenges, etc, you'd probably get more commercials because instead of taking a few time breaks, you add a bunch of little 15-30 second breaks.

You can also make the revenue up, sell ad space on the field like arena football does, ad those 3d field graphics like soccer has and maybe sell those small patches for uniforms, people would think it's sacrilegious but fuck them

If you increase the flow of the game, more people will tune in and become fans and buy merch. That's my logic.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 5th 2015, 11:14 am

Yep slow time in football right now. I've been hearing so much talk bout the draft I'm shitting draft picks.

The Tony Romo restructuring for like the umpteeth time is like how the hell can the Cowboys keep doing that. Are they angling for Peterson? Are they really that stupid?
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 5th 2015, 12:42 pm

Willbacker wrote:Yep slow time in football right now. I've been hearing so much talk bout the draft I'm shitting draft picks.

The Tony Romo restructuring for like the umpteeth time is like how the hell can the Cowboys keep doing that. Are they angling for Peterson? Are they really that stupid?
Good thing they moved the draft back so we have all this time to talk about other important things going on in the NFL, like.....hmmm......uhhh...

Aaron Hernandez! Yeah that's right!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 5th 2015, 1:37 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:Yep slow time in football right now. I've been hearing so much talk bout the draft I'm shitting draft picks.

Good thing they moved the draft back so we have all this time to talk about other important things going on in the NFL, like.....hmmm......uhhh...

he didn't do it though, he only had a motive, witnesses, a possible previous crime / gang history, an incident in Florida that showed he was prone to violence, destroyed evidence before handing it to police, etc etc etc

The draft is in chicago...because, that's cool?

NY I get, it's always been there. Why not Miami? LA? Dallas? A city that's like...interesting and fun
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 5th 2015, 2:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

I do have something to say good about the Lions tho. A reporter asked Steve Bicotti bout whether the Ravens would sign Ngata if he became a free agent and Biscotti said yeah sure and then of course they're trying to get the Lions to file tampering charges and the Lions said fuck you nonstory.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 5th 2015, 4:41 pm

@Epic, when one of my friends gets murdered, I always ask the person he was last with if he killed him. And when he says "no"I believe him.

@Will: I feel like ever since KC fucked us in 2011, the Lions are like "we ain't bout dat action boss" on the moral side I agree with it, on the competitive side I think the Lions are pussies .

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy April 5th 2015, 4:43 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

dont forget Hernandez has another double murder charge (drive by shooting) to face once this one is done so its gonna be awhile....
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy April 5th 2015, 4:47 pm

MaddMatter wrote:@Epic, when one of my friends gets murdered, I always ask the person he was last with if he killed him. And when he says "no"I believe him.

u say this like ur buddys get knocked off all time...
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 11th 2015, 1:35 pm

Polamalu retired. Unfortuntly a former Raven can't seem to do the same thing lol.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 13th 2015, 7:31 pm

Was on the Ravens website and found a pretty interesting article about how hard it is for safeties to get into the hall. Only one true safety(their whole career) has made it in the last 35 yrs and its also interesting that a hell of a lot of good safeties haven't made it yet.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-413-Ed-Reed-May-Not-Be-Hall-Of-Fame-Lock-Everyone-Thinks-He-Is/7d9fcf7a-7b66-45ce-9618-01ef6ba9498c
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 13th 2015, 8:45 pm

Willbacker wrote:Was on the Ravens website and found a pretty interesting article about how hard it is for safeties to get into the hall. Only one true safety(their whole career) has made it in the last 35 yrs and its also interesting that a hell of a lot of good safeties haven't made it yet.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-413-Ed-Reed-May-Not-Be-Hall-Of-Fame-Lock-Everyone-Thinks-He-Is/7d9fcf7a-7b66-45ce-9618-01ef6ba9498c

isnt Ronnie Lott in the HOF? maybe this dude forgot who he was
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy April 13th 2015, 11:16 pm

Rams are "aggressively" shopping #2 overall pick according to Sports radio
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 13th 2015, 11:33 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Rams are "aggressively" shopping #2 overall pick according to Sports radio

Pats should send Brady,BB and the # 32 for it
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 14th 2015, 12:34 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
RSoxGuy wrote:Rams are "aggressively" shopping #2 overall pick according to Sports radio

Pats should send Brady,BB and the # 32  for it

...someone should let the titans know considering they own the 2nd overall pick and the rams own the 10th
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 14th 2015, 3:05 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Willbacker wrote:Was on the Ravens website and found a pretty interesting article about how hard it is for safeties to get into the hall. Only one true safety(their whole career) has made it in the last 35 yrs and its also interesting that a hell of a lot of good safeties haven't made it yet.

isnt Ronnie Lott in the HOF?  maybe this dude forgot who he was

lol. You right.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy April 14th 2015, 8:09 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Pats should send Brady,BB and the # 32  for it

...someone should let the titans know considering they own the 2nd overall pick and the rams own the 10th
i must have heard it wrong. My fault.

I did hear Tenn offered that pick to SD for Rivers.

Also deflate-gate is still on going. Part time Pats employees took part in a conference call w NFL last week. Who knows where this is oing....
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 21st 2015, 1:30 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486519/article/alex-boone-jim-harbaugh-wore-out-his-welcome

This is by far the dumbest fucking story line in the history of the NFL

1. SF is shit
2. Harbaugh builds 2 schools from nothing
3. Goes to SF and goes to 3 straigh NFC championships, 1 super bowl loss
4. He wears out his welcome by pushing guys too hard
5. Gets fired and goes home to Mich

....WTF? why is so bad to have a coach push you to be great? Coaches know when they're being unreasonable and when we're right. I'll give you an example.

We were playing millville and they ran a HB pass and we were in cover 3, my corner bit and tried to step up to stop the run but saw it was a pass but still was able to get back and make a play on the ball but it still was caught and was a TD.

he came off the field and I got into him about playing his fundamentals with read steps but then when he was sitting on the bench, it dawned, this kid played the play right, just how I wanted him to, aggressive and picking a direction and going full speed, it was a trick play and you don't really plan for those.

So I swallowed my tongue and went over, clapped him up and say, "you're still my guy, it was a tough play, you don't plan for trick plays, just forget it and go get me the ball next time on D", but he was still down in the dumps. It's the one time I regret getting on a kid, every other time I knew what the kid did was wrong, this case was me getting emotional over giving up a big play.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker April 21st 2015, 5:05 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486519/article/alex-boone-jim-harbaugh-wore-out-his-welcome

1. SF is shit

....WTF? why is so bad to have a coach push you to be great?

Boone is real classy talking bout a man after he's done left the building. Jim H is hard edge but its been a winning formula but he seems like a coach thats gonna be well traveled. Smoking gun for hire. I give him 3 yrs at Michigan. Tops.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 21st 2015, 7:23 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486519/article/alex-boone-jim-harbaugh-wore-out-his-welcome

1. SF is shit

Boone is real classy talking bout a man after he's done left the building. Jim H is hard edge but its been a winning formula but he seems like a coach thats gonna be well traveled. Smoking gun for hire. I give him 3 yrs at Michigan. Tops.
Alex Boone went to Ohio State
Harbaugh left for Michigan.

Boone just has sand in his vagina that his coach made him work.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 22nd 2015, 12:10 am

MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

1. SF is shit

Alex Boone went to Ohio State
Harbaugh left for Michigan.

Boone just has sand in his vagina that his coach made him work.

another angle to add but seriously, Harbaugh demands greatness and pushes players to be great, I haven't heard anything about him hitting or being unfair with players.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 22nd 2015, 11:04 am

Yeah, Boone should be embarrassed.

"He made us work to hard."

Are you fucking kidding me? How about you actually get a real job you little bitch. You do realize you are playing football for a living right?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 4th 2015, 12:55 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 4th 2015, 2:11 pm

Well the only Browns fan here is Browns, but he never comes on anymore.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next