Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

+3
PhantomReturns93
Browns
66-Pittsburgh-43
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread Empty Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 5:35 pm

Steelers preseason schedule announced
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Provided the lockout ends before then, the Steelers will open the preseason at the Washington Redskins Aug. 13 and follow five days later with a game nationally televised at Heinz Field, against the Philadelphia Eagles Aug. 18.

Their remaining two exhibition games will be played Aug. 27 at home against the Atlanta Falcons and Sept. 1 at Carolina.

The home game against the Eagles will start at 8 p.m., the only time announced for any of the Steelers games by the NFL, which released all 32 teams' preseason games this afternoon.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11102/1138812-66.stm#ixzz1JLKjzVok

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread Empty Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post  Browns April 12th 2011, 6:14 pm

Only 2 steelers i've respected: Kordell Stewart, Jerome Bettis
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 7:06 pm

Glad to hear it.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns April 12th 2011, 7:09 pm

You should be
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 7:10 pm

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:You should be

Oh, I am. I can now sleep better at night. Very Happy

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns April 12th 2011, 7:12 pm

66-Pittsburgh-43 wrote:
Brownsxfanx31 wrote:You should be

Oh, I am. I can now sleep better at night. Very Happy
Laughing
Browns
Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 7:14 pm

Anyway...

A DT visited today...

Defensive prospect visits Steelers
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Phil Taylor, a huge defensive tackle from Baylor, is visiting the Steelers today. A possible first-round draft choice, Taylor weighs 330 pounds and stands a little over 6-foot-3.

Also, Marshall linebacker Mario Harvey is scheduled for a visit to the Steelers, according to the National Football Post.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11102/1138794-66.stm#ixzz1JLjjxuNj

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 13th 2011, 5:13 am

Brownsxfanx31 wrote:Only 2 steelers i've respected: Kordell Stewart, Jerome Bettis

I realize your a Browns fan, but only two Steelers since 1933?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting you to respect any past or present Steelers, but I'm sort of surprised there are only two and those two in particular.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 14th 2011, 2:56 pm

Dates and times announced for Steelers preseason games
Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two days after the NFL released all of their preseason schedules with most of the dates left blank, the Steelers have listed dates and times for all four games.

They will open the preseason with a game Aug. 12 at Washington at 7:30 p.m. Their next two will be at Heinz Field, vs. Philadelphia on Aug. 18 at 8 p.m. and vs. Atlanta Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m. They will close at Carolina Sept. 1 at 8 p.m.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11104/1139384-100.stm#ixzz1JWO3xVEW

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 17th 2011, 11:43 am

"Ben Roethlisberger has your typical game room for a pro athlete, complete with memorabilia that includes the two nameplates over his locker from each Super Bowl victory.

The nameplate from his most recent Super Bowl appearance also has a place of honor -- in his bathroom.

"The day I got back, I took my nameplate from my locker -- 'Ben Roethlisberger, Super Bowl XLV' -- and it's sitting underneath my mirror in my bathroom. I want to see that every day. It hurts a lot.

"To see that every day is just motivation for me to work out, to bust my butt to not let it happen again because I want to be a champion. And, right now, I'm not a champion."

For more than two months, he has had to look at the loser nameplate, to think about how close he and his teammates came to winning a third. He does not want the pain from that loss to subside.

"The first loser, and that kills me. Until I can get back to that point, I want to remember the pain, and it's going to burn in me until we can get back and win one. If it never happens, I'll be killed, but I'm going to do my best to get back there."

The two Super Bowl rings Roethlisberger already owns did not salve the pain of losing his shot at a third. He wants to go down as the quarterback with the most championship rings, and there are only so many chances to add to it.

"I want to get one more than anybody else,'' he said. "This would have been a great step, but now I feel I took a step back. This will haunt me until I can win another one. And it'll still probably haunt me a little bit. But until I win another one, it'll haunt me a lot."

Terry Bradshaw wrote in one of his many books that fear of losing a Super Bowl drove him more than the desire to win one. He and Joe Montana are the leaders in the quarterbacks' clubhouse with four Super Bowl victories apiece.

Roethlisberger figures he is in the middle of his career -- that's seven seasons down, seven or eight or maybe even nine to go. He turned 29 last month. If he's lucky, he could squeeze out a career until he's 38, especially the way he takes a pounding.

"Lord willing, I hope so. This will be my eighth. I mean 16 years is a long, good career. Eight years is long considering the normal life expectancy in this game. If I'm lucky enough and my body's still intact and that's what I'm supposed to do, I'll play as long as I can. I'd like to call it halfway."

If it is, and if he continues the phenomenal success he has had in his first seven seasons, he would wipe out all the Steelers passing records -- and add to those he already owns. The passing records are not the ones he wants.

"I couldn't tell you right now how many yards I had last year, how many touchdowns. I can't tell you. I don't know those things. I don't know what my career touchdowns or yards or anything are. I'd have to look them up.

"The records I want to have are Super Bowl wins and wins in general. If I can have more wins than any other Steelers quarterback -- I should say Terry because he's so high -- but those wins are huge to me."

After his four-game suspension to start last season, he guided the Steelers to a 9-3 record. That brought his regular-season record to 69-29, a .704 percentage that ranks second among active quarterbacks behind Tom Brady's .776. The youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl is 10-3 in the post-season.

Bradshaw's record as a starter was 107-51 from 1970 through 1983, ninth best in NFL history. Brett Favre has the most victories with a record of 186-112 in 20 seasons. Roethlisberger is tied for 46th.

If this is the halfway point in Roethlisberger's career, getting to another three Super Bowls and winning two of them would go down as quite an accomplishment.

"That's what I want to be known for," Roethlisberger said, "winning games, winning Super Bowls.""

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11107/1139833-66-0.stm#ixzz1Jmap2ovN
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 17th 2011, 1:11 pm

Im glad to know they're still remembering what happened, not to make them feel like shit but that they ahve the desire to go out there and win another SB. Hmm half way point of his career huh? That ain't to bad, I kept thinking he'd go to about 33-34. Going till he's 38 would be a really great achievement for him but I also hope he doesn't take a "favre" mentality when making decisions in a game once he gets to that point down the road.

As for that DT from a couple posts ago, Phil Taylor is a monster and I would love to have him on our team. I really like Baldwin Wr outta Pit as well, hopefully we can add one if not both to our roster.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 17th 2011, 1:51 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Im glad to know they're still remembering what happened, not to make them feel like shit but that they ahve the desire to go out there and win another SB. Hmm half way point of his career huh? That ain't to bad, I kept thinking he'd go to about 33-34. Going till he's 38 would be a really great achievement for him but I also hope he doesn't take a "favre" mentality when making decisions in a game once he gets to that point down the road.

As for that DT from a couple posts ago, Phil Taylor is a monster and I would love to have him on our team. I really like Baldwin Wr outta Pit as well, hopefully we can add one if not both to our roster.

I think Ben's not gonna last past 35, he takes some serious beatings because of his playing style and that's gonna add up sooner rather than later.

IF Phil Taylor is there at 31, I would strongly consider him, but I really doubt he will last that far, his stock his rising and there are too many 3-4 teams in front of us who would love to have him. I like Baldwin but I would have to seriosuly question our front office if we took him in the first 2 rounds, there are way too many other glaring needs that need to be addressed.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 17th 2011, 3:46 pm

How did you quote my post like that, was wondering because I still do it the messed up way from time to time

On Topic:
Yeaa I could see his career being cut short due to taking hits and such, I hope once Ben hits 30-31 that the Steelers look into getting some real good O-line for him, most of the hits as due to Ben running around or just holding onto the ball too long but theres always room for improvement on our offensive line.

Ya Baldwin is a really good prospect but like you said we have other important needs that need to be adressed. I'd strongly consider getting a WR only if Ward had retired, whats going on with Randle El? Is he staying, I don't remember the contract that we signed him to.
I really like the WR from Boise St and Vincent Brown(sp?) from SDSU is a monster as well, both will likely be gone by the 3rd round so I dont think either will be a Steeler.

Taylor is looking really good, but this is a defensive draft in terms of talent, if he's gone that would suck because of the talent that man has but hopefully we can find someone that can come in and become an anchor for our D-line for years to come once Hampton is gone.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 19th 2011, 11:26 pm

The 2011 regular-season schedule:

Sept. 11 at Baltimore, 1 p.m.

Sept. 18 Seattle, 1 p.m.

Sept. 25 at Indianapolis, 8:20 p.m.

Oct. 2 at Houston, 1 p.m.

Oct. 9 Tennessee 1 p.m.

Oct. 16 Jacksonville 1 p.m.

Oct. 23 at Arizona 4:05 p.m.

Oct. 30 New England 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 6 Baltimore 8:20 p.m.

Nov. 13 at Cincinnati 1 p.m.

Nov. 20 -- Off

Nov. 27 at Kansas City 8:20 p.m.

Dec. 4 Cincinnati 1 p.m.

Dec. 8 Cleveland 8:20 p.m.

Dec. 19 at San Francisco 8:30 p.m.

Dec. 24 St. Louis, 1 p.m.

Jan. 1 at Cleveland, 1 p.m.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 22nd 2011, 6:22 pm

It's funny, from talking ot other Steelers fans I think Steeler Nation is just about completely split on the draft. 50% thinks we absolutely MUST take a corner and would be appalled by an offensive or defensive lineman that isn't named Pouncey (this is the camp I fall into), and the other 50% is the exact opposite and thinks we MUST take an offensive lineman and would be devestated if we take a corner.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 8:10 pm

[quote="PhantomJB93"]It's funny, from talking ot other Steelers fans I think Steeler Nation is just about completely split on the draft. 50% thinks we absolutely MUST take a corner and would be appalled by an offensive or defensive lineman that isn't named Pouncey (this is the camp I fall into), and the other 50% is the exact opposite and thinks we MUST take an offensive lineman and would be devestated if we take a corner.[/quote]

They must've not seen how effective our offense was even without Ben for four games, o-line being banged up left and right, and losing our starting C just before the SB and yet still in the game the entire time.

Our Cbs have been abused for a very very long time, its time for a change in that secondary.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 May 2nd 2011, 1:05 pm

While it's not a Steelers related post, having 5 out of 254 from the Western Pa taken isn't bad. In the 2011 NFL Draft 5 WPIAL players were drafted out of the 254 draft choices. Not bad for a small region of the country with a 148 high schools.

This group includes WR Jonathan Baldwin from Pitt (Aliquippa HS) who went in the first round to Kansas City. Next was OC/OG Stefen Wisniewski from Penn State(Pittsburgh Central Catholic) who was chosen in the 2nd round by the Oakland Raiders. Next was OT/OG Jason Pinkston from Pitt (Baldwin HS) who was selected in the 5th round by the Cleveland Browns. Next was OC Brandon Fusco of Slippery Rock(Seneca Valley HS) who was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the 6th round, and finally SS Tommie Campbell from California U.PA (Aliquippa HS) who was selected by the Tennessee Titans in the 7th round.

Aliquippa really pumps out players especially players to the NFL. Brandon Fusco was a 245 pound OT at Seneca Valley in high school and worked his way into a 6'4.5"/308 pound OC in college. This area is very productive even during population decreases coinciding with tough economic times in the Western PA. region.

Also, Steelers #1 choice Cameron Heyward was born and raised in Monroeville and would have been ticketed to Gateway HS but moved to Atlanta at a young age. Another Western PA guy would have been Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub who was ticketed to go to Pittsburgh Central Catholic but moved to West Chester, PA and attended East HS and then U. of Virginia.

You have to love the fact that we are truly a football oriented area.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 2:20 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 May 2nd 2011, 7:57 pm

Steelers news today:

1- Mendenhall continues to make a complete ASS out of himself in this city. Today, he made some moronic tweets dealing with Osama bin Laden and the 9/11 attacks. This guy should do himself a favor and shut his mouth and run with the football. I saw this guy and said hello to him not too long ago at the Grand Concourse during brunch, but I am now thoroughly convinced this guy is a complete dope away from the football field.

2- After hearing about this kid's backround, I am absolutely pulling for Baron Batch to make any NFL team. Read about his history and you will see what I'm talking about. I have more respect for him as a person than I do our starting HB who is a complete asshole, that's for sure.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 8:06 pm

His tweets were a little "out there" but he has the right to his opinion.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 May 2nd 2011, 8:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:His tweets were a little "out there" but he has the right to his opinion.

That he does. I don't recall ever saying he doesn't have the right. The Westboro church "has the right" to say what they want, but that doesn't mean they are not complete tools.

Unfortunately for his stupid ass, the majority of folks with a brain in their skull will agree that this guy is a complete moron.

If I'm his agent, I would shut him down on twitter and tell him to focus on catching a ball and running around on a field rather than making the idiotic remarks he has made over the last three weeks now.

Again, he has the right, but that doesn't make him any less of a d-bag. Do you think the Rooney's are jumping for joy over one of their employee's idiotic remarks? I don't think so.

Last edited by 66-Pittsburgh-43 on May 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 2nd 2011, 8:18 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:His tweets were a little "out there" but he has the right to his opinion.

Totally agree. We have a freedom here to speak our mind. Why does the media feel like everyone should just to be politically correct all the time. What's wrong with sharing how you really feel, and not how the media wants you to feel?
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 May 2nd 2011, 8:23 pm

Point completely missed, but okay.

Good luck Rashard. Keep making those asinine remarks. Rolling Eyes

66-Pittsburgh-43

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 8:26 pm

66-Pittsburgh-43 wrote:Point completely missed, but okay.

Good luck Rashard. Keep making those asinine remarks. Rolling Eyes

So because me and AT don't see what's wrong with putting your opinion out for people to see makes us miss the point YOU were trying to make?

I don't see this on NFL.com or anything so like it really matters, its not like he can get in trouble for something like this.

He's not going to get released or even talked to for that matter because he did nothing wrong

Who cares if a few ppl don't like what he has to say, they aren't going to stop watching him on Sundays.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next