Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

HOW THE FUCK?

+18
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
Mutant
KWicK78
Nef77
TRU11
SteelersJMB
Pintsizedjark
BaltRavensFan20
MaddMatter
CaptRCG2
MyDirtyDangles
ccdog23
HurpDurpHurray
RJAfan6
66-Pittsburgh-43
JermikesHere
PhantomReturns93
EPICxPENGUIN69
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

HOW THE FUCK? Empty HOW THE FUCK?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 19th 2011, 7:14 pm

Why? Mike Vick is one of two men, the other being Peyton Hillis, who are left in this bracket bullshit for the cover of madden 12. But what the fuck did I miss?

Mike Vick tortured, killed, electricuted, and fought an illegal gambling ring with dogs.

do not say the "he served his time" bullshit.

I don't normally step up on to a soap box and voice a strong opinion for or against an ideal because I find enjoyment out of watching stupid people argue with other stupid people over stupid issues but this shouldn't happen.

He is back in the NFL which should suffice enough but to "reward" the ability to throw a ball over the fact he tortured and killed dogs is completely and utterly retarded (apologized to anyone offended by retarded)

I own dogs, grew up with dogs, and will continue to own dogs. I am not a PETA nut who are crazy about animals but I have enough of a soul and brain to see that a dog does not have the mental capacity to understand good and evil, right and wrong, but it feels pain. To torture a living thing for just being a dog is horrible. To look into the eyes of a dog right before you hang it or shoot it with out even feeling a thing for it...that is fucking cold.

Mike Vick should not be on Madden 12.

Not normally my thing to take a real stand on anything but this pisses me off beyond belief
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

HOW THE FUCK? Empty Re: HOW THE FUCK?

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 7:30 pm

Everyone deserves a second chance, and honestly Vick has done EVERYTHING right since being released from jail and, at least on the surface, seems to be a changed man. I guess you can hate him all you want for his past misdeeds but the past is the past and the present is the present, and I don't think he should be forever viewed as a "monster" because he was raised in a bad environment and had to make some mistakes before he learned his lesson and changed his lifestyle. I have no problem with it.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 19th 2011, 7:38 pm

Michael Vick is garbage. EA shouldn't be using convicted felons to sell games.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 19th 2011, 7:40 pm

I'm a HUGE dog lover, so my position on this topic speaks for itself.

Last edited by 66-Pittsburgh-43 on April 19th 2011, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 19th 2011, 7:41 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:Everyone deserves a second chance, and honestly Vick has done EVERYTHING right since being released from jail and, at least on the surface, seems to be a changed man. I guess you can hate him all you want for his past misdeeds but the past is the past and the present is the present, and I don't think he should be forever viewed as a "monster" because he was raised in a bad environment and had to make some mistakes before he learned his lesson and changed his lifestyle. I have no problem with it.

He has his 2nd chance. We could have black balled him from football. He has a good season and we are supposed to forget he is a convicted animal abuser. I don't hate him, I respect his athletic abilities but the fact he is able to get on the cover after doing that shit? The world shouldn't work like that.

He did do a monster act. He killed a defenseless animal for nothing.

The environment? I grew up in a black culture and in a poor area. That whole claim is shit.

To the changed stuff. He has done everything right, that's the problem. There is nothing to show me that he has changed. That's why he and other people hire PR people. You think he personally did everything on his on volition?

you are entitle to your opinion but it is completely stupid
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  RJAfan6 April 19th 2011, 7:46 pm

I know im in the big minority here, but im honestly not at all offended about what he did. Yes it was very, very stupid and very very unneccesary but would you rather have Dante Stallworth kill a man and get away with his crime (which is what happened)? Mike Vick has always been one of my top 5 favorite players to watch and he was easily my second favorite player to watch this year (behind Troy Polamalu). Like previously said he seems to have learned from his mistakes so good for him. I especially hate the PETA bullshit that want him to be trown in jail for life and for him to get all this and that done to him. In no way are animals more important than people, but thats how these people feel. This will sound hypocrtical and contradicting but i love animals and dogs especially but id much rather save a human than a dog. Sorry, but thats how i feel.

I could honestly care less who gets the cover as i havent played madden in this will be the 4th year so if he gets it good for him.
RJAfan6
RJAfan6

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 19th 2011, 7:50 pm

Just because you don't think he's repented for his crimes doesn't mean everyone agrees with you.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 19th 2011, 7:50 pm

RJAfan6 wrote:I know im in the big minority here, but im honestly not at all offended about what he did. Yes it was very, very stupid and very very unneccesary but would you rather have Dante Stallworth kill a man and get away with his crime (which is what happened)? Mike Vick has always been one of my top 5 favorite players to watch and he was easily my second favorite player to watch this year (behind Troy Polamalu). Like previously said he seems to have learned from his mistakes so good for him. I especially hate the PETA bullshit that want him to be trown in jail for life and for him to get all this and that done to him. In no way are animals more important than people, but thats how these people feel. This will sound hypocrtical and contradicting but i love animals and dogs especially but id much rather save a human than a dog. Sorry, but thats how i feel.

I could honestly care less who gets the cover as i havent played madden in this will be the 4th year so if he gets it good for him.

The donte stallworth thing is a completely different situation though and he would never get on the cover. Donte was drunk (possibly high also) so he was not completely in control of himself and the pedestrian he ran over actually was J-walking. Not completely defending him and his issue but...

...Mike Vick knew exactly what he was doing

again, people can believe what they want, just voicing my opinion
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 19th 2011, 7:55 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:I don't think he should be forever viewed as a "monster" because he was raised in a bad environment and had to make some mistakes before he learned his lesson and changed his lifestyle. I have no problem with it.
This is the problem with this country,anytime someone does something they can blame it on their roots.I've grown up in Pleasant Grove,I've had people in my family murdered,people in my family murder,I've helped my grandma deal with the stress of having her house shot up because it was mistaken for a dope house,I've seen my dad throw my brother through a fucking window when I was very young because because my Dad's such a dumbass and my brother's a alcoholic/dope user at times,I've had family members on the news for what they've done,my sister is near deaf in her ear because when her abusive ex boyfriend hit her in the ear and I remember as a kid seeing her ear bleeding and it continues to this day at times.You don't see me using this shit as an excuse when I make mistakes,you don't see me killing and torturing animals and saying "Oh it's ok I grew up in a black neighborhood" like people say aout this worthless piece of shit.Fuck Vick,he's a piece of shit and it's bullshit he's getting considered for this when he's lucky he was even allowed back in the NFL.And yes,I'm a huge dog lover.Just my opinion.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 8:14 pm

I didn't mean to say that his "roots" are 100% responsible for what he did, but socio-economic background can have a major impact on a person's personality and lifestyle, and even though there are certainly exceptions like you guys said, statistics will clearly show that a person growing up in a relatively poor, predominatly black, and crime-stricken neighborhood is much more likely to commit crimes in the future. I'm not saying it's any kind of "excuse" for what he did but it certainly may have affected his life and given him the impression that it was "normal" or "okay" to do. While growing up in such a setting may not have directly affected you or someone you know in that way, it does not mean that the same is true of everyone.

I get that you don't want to immediately believe that he has just "turned a new leaf" but honestly what is he supposed to do? He will always have skeptics, like yourselves, and literally nothing he can do between now and the end of his career is going to solidfy the fact in any of his skeptics' minds that he has changed. He can do all the charity work, fan outreach, and just genuine niceness in the world, and until the day he dies anyone that doesn't want to accept him as a changed man is just going to say "His PR department told him to do it" or "He's just acting" or something. There's no tangible way to "prove" he has changed, you just have to go buy instinct, by the vibe he gives off and what you sense about his character, and as far as I can tell I do truly believe he learned a lesson from his experience and has honestly changed. I can't make you feel the same way but I just feel he deserves a second chance and doesn't deserve to be permanently labeled as a "dog killer" and be denied from every exciting opportunity that comes his way because of such a label.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 19th 2011, 9:10 pm

im all for it..he did the time...he goes around teaching people the horrors of dog fighting..he knows he did wrong and now he's doing right.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 19th 2011, 9:20 pm

Madden curse... Maybe this is how Vick gets paid back. bom

Actually, I don't have anything against Vick. He did a terrible thing and he went to jail. He was publically dragged through the mud and is doing what he can to turn his life around. With that being said, I think it's very poor of EA to even be considering giving him the "honor" of being on the cover. If I were Vick, I would've asked to be removed from this circus as I would think that he would not want this kind of publicity. At least I wouldn't if I were in his position. .
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 19th 2011, 9:26 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Madden curse... Maybe this is how Vick gets paid back. bom

Actually, I don't have anything against Vick. He did a terrible thing and he went to jail. He was publically dragged through the mud and is doing what he can to turn his life around. With that being said, I think it's very poor of EA to even be considering giving him the "honor" of being on the cover. If I were Vick, I would've asked to be removed from this circus as I would think that he would not want this kind of publicity. At least I wouldn't if I were in his position. .

wise words
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 19th 2011, 9:26 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Madden curse... Maybe this is how Vick gets paid back. bom

that is a great point! I would've have done the same thing.
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 19th 2011, 9:49 pm

Epic, I completely agree with you.

In the past there have been some "debatable" candidates for the Madden cover (Ray Lewis, Brett Favre, etc.), but none of them have done anything close to what Michael Vick did.

Like you pointed out earlier, he did some really fucking EVIL (yes, real EVIL) shit and this is what happens when you serve minimal time in prison and then come back and be good at a game, the entire country bows down to you like you did nothing wrong.

It's fucking stupid. But hey, EA Tiburon (the dept. that makes Madden) is already a god damn joke so if they want to further destroy their credibility and reputation then I'm all for it!

But my vote goes for Peyton Hillis, and I advise everyone who respects animals and wants to see a GOOD player and a GOOD human being on the cover vote for Peyton Hillis to make a statement.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 19th 2011, 9:58 pm

JermikesHere wrote:Michael Vick is garbage. EA shouldn't be using convicted felons to sell games.

Well their game is a piece of shit, so they just want the player to match it. Laughing

That being said, Vick does deserve a second chance, but not like this. I mean he should be a guy that just quietly disappears, then I think no one will care. But because he may be on the cover of Madden more likely more people are going to hate him. He should just disappear, except for 16 Sundays a year.

On the other hand...Hillis is a white RB.....that's actually good. This is like a once in a lifetime thing. GO HILLIS!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 19th 2011, 11:22 pm

Personally I dont think either of the final two deserve it. What has hillis even done? So he had one good season last year? Nothing against you browns fans, but they couldnt find a better browns player that has been a more consistant player? Winning a SB (aka Rodgers) to me is bigger than doing what hillis did last season. I find it hard to believe that the browns fan base is apparently bigger than the people who voted for rodgers. Unless people didnt vote for rodgers for fear of the curse.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 19th 2011, 11:36 pm

I agree with ravensfan,Rodgers should be running away with this one.And this just further shows the stupidity of the people in charge of EA,hopefully if Vick wins it it will be another big blow to their credibility and help get competition back.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 20th 2011, 1:07 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:The donte stallworth thing is a completely different situation though and he would never get on the cover. Donte was drunk (possibly high also) so he was not completely in control of himself and the pedestrian he ran over actually was J-walking. Not completely defending him and his issue but...

...Mike Vick knew exactly what he was doing

again, people can believe what they want, just voicing my opinion

what the fuck? Donte drank and got high on purpose and then retardedly got into a vehicle and proceeded to drive...if you say its worse to kill a dog then it is to run over a person then you are a peta-nut and all of your arguments are invalid.

so I guess if I get drunk and high right now and then go kill your family its ok because "I couldn't control myself", and your post is annoying me so its perfectly reasonable for me to do so anyway right? Neutral

I love dogs, but crimes against humans are worse then crimes against animals..and Mike Vick did his time and overcame tremendous adversity while he exceeded all expectations on the field...nobody deserves to be on the cover more than he does.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 20th 2011, 1:47 am

I could give a rat's ass about the cover actually/
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 20th 2011, 3:10 am

Pint, you need to get your story straight bro.

I don't remember reading anything about him being high, first of all.

Second of all, the guy walked out onto a highway at 5 am or whatever in the morning not in a crosswalk, what did he expect to happen?

Yes, Donte' is completely 100% at fault for being drunk, but he didn't get drunk and decide to go run over people Grand Theft Auto style, whereas Michael Vick was completely in control of his actions and if he had never been caught by the authorities, who knows if he would have ever turned himself in.

Donte', on the other hand stopped the car, called the police and waited at the scene and turned himself in immediately.

Putting him on the same level as Michael Vick is pretty hysterical, honestly. Comparing a drunk driver who hit a pedestrian on a highway out of the crosswalk to a murderer who killed hundreds of animals KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY for gambling profits? Really?

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 20th 2011, 5:06 am

this crap again.

the man paid his dues not let him have his shine again.

TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 April 20th 2011, 8:34 am

As much as you won't like to see this, I'll say it anyways. The guy paid his time and he's never going to get those years back. What is this 2006? C'mon the guy has done what he could to fix the problem and continues to be ridiculed. Should we continued to be punished for our own wrong doings in 2006 and before regardless of what we have done to fix it?

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 20th 2011, 10:30 am

Nef77 wrote:As much as you won't like to see this, I'll say it anyways. The guy paid his time and he's never going to get those years back. What is this 2006? C'mon the guy has done what he could to fix the problem and continues to be ridiculed. Should we continued to be punished for our own wrong doings in 2006 and before regardless of what we have done to fix it?

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone"

Careful. All the Vick haters here will use the "I've never killed dogs" argument.

This is a pointless debate. What's done is done. He paid the punishment that we as a people assigned him. We as a people gave the judge the power to do the job. It's fine. I don't want to be a dick to everyone, but they are animals. Not people. That's all that's it.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 20th 2011, 10:42 am

Christ.

It's for a video game cover.

It's not like he's been made the UN Ambassador for Animal Welfare or something.

This debate is old.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum