Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

HOW THE FUCK?

+18
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
Mutant
KWicK78
Nef77
TRU11
SteelersJMB
Pintsizedjark
BaltRavensFan20
MaddMatter
CaptRCG2
MyDirtyDangles
ccdog23
HurpDurpHurray
RJAfan6
66-Pittsburgh-43
JermikesHere
PhantomReturns93
EPICxPENGUIN69
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

HOW THE FUCK? - Page 4 Empty Re: HOW THE FUCK?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 22nd 2011, 9:35 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Okay so a child/young aduly who totures animals and grows up to become a killer of human beings is the same as a grown man who tortured animals went to prison(hence the went to prison part since he went through the consequences unlike the pre-serial killer who never gets pushed in the right direction and keeps going on the demented path he was on) and has come out and been on his best behavior since??

I can't believe this is all because of a fucking video game cover.

there were a few serial killers that actually were caught several times. do some research (no sarcasm or dickishness), forget the website but, there are some interesting stories about killers.

but when you think madden cover, you think of guys who had great seasons, good guys off the field, and have some POPULARITY in everyday life.

Ray Lewis - thought to have been responsible for a man's death. acquitted

Difference between the two. Ray's situation was a hazy, everybody at fault, bad place bad time, what ever cliche sayings you wish to use. Mike Vick has exactly every fact in the open. There are photos and videos of him killing dogs or the aftermath of doing so. There are testimony of a ton of people. Records of how much money he was making from the gambling ring. We know exactly what happened with Vick, who what when where why and how.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 9:56 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Okay so a child/young aduly who totures animals and grows up to become a killer of human beings is the same as a grown man who tortured animals went to prison(hence the went to prison part since he went through the consequences unlike the pre-serial killer who never gets pushed in the right direction and keeps going on the demented path he was on) and has come out and been on his best behavior since??

there were a few serial killers that actually were caught several times. do some research (no sarcasm or dickishness), forget the website but, there are some interesting stories about killers.

but when you think madden cover, you think of guys who had great seasons, good guys off the field, and have some POPULARITY in everyday life.

Difference between the two. Ray's situation was a hazy, everybody at fault, bad place bad time, what ever cliche sayings you wish to use. Mike Vick has exactly every fact in the open. There are photos and videos of him killing dogs or the aftermath of doing so. There are testimony of a ton of people. Records of how much money he was making from the gambling ring. We know exactly what happened with Vick, who what when where why and how.

I meant the child who was torturing the animals to begin with, from what I read from Ccdog's post he was making it sound that ppl who torture animals are also known to become serial killers. Which are usually children or young adults and are never put into jail and aren't shown the light sorta speal.

Vick is a celebrity and is in the spotlight whenever he goes out, he's not going to become a serial killer by any means/

Okay so lemme see:
1) Great season: 21 TDs 6 Ints 3,018 yards and a QB Passer Rating of over 100.
2) Well they determine the cover guy from the past season correct? And for the past season he's been a pretty great guy off the field.
3) He has a lot of popularity in everday life, whether its good or bad you can't argue that its less than Peyton Hillis.

Okay, well this was over 5 years ago that this happened...get over it(And no I don't mean get over the deaths of those animals, I mean bringing up Vick and him being a future serial killer/animal torturer) just let him be.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 22nd 2011, 11:06 pm

Again, I am not saying Vick hasnt reformed himself or what ever. I am talking about making a smart choice here for once in this dudes life. You got caught doing an awful crime which most people hate you for and will never let go of it. He needs a taste of humble pie and just say "Hey, I get people aren't comfortable with my on the cover because of what my image brings up, I think I should decline being on the cover."

It will save a ton of time on my TV. since hypotheticals are popular lets try two both including ESPN coverage.

Say he declines the cover and lets "The Dozer" get the cover. ESPN will talk about it for maybe 1, 2, hell 3 days tops. "Well what do you make of Vick turning down the cover?" on sportscenter to some asshole that knows nothing about games, on Around the Horn to 3 of 4 people who know nothing of video games, and on PTI where both hosts hate vick.

Say he does take the cover. I am sure there will protests, bloggers, famous people speaking out against it, some sort of controversy in which EA decides to keep or remove vick off the cover. Not only will you have 1 to 3 days per event, it will piss me off and I am sure piss you off no matter what side you take on the fence. Why keep the controversy if madden sales are already tumbling, people for the most part do not like Vick, and there are more deserving guys statistically and visually.

It is to save everyone's time and effort over the summer and onward

I am happy that we have actually remain relatively civil throughout this whole discussion. I may not agree with everyone's views nor do you with mine but we can keep each others respect high. We don't need one thread dividing the whole forum, we shouldn't hate Vick, We should focus our anger on EA.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 22nd 2011, 11:15 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:Again, I am not saying Vick hasnt reformed himself or what ever. I am talking about making a smart choice here for once in this dudes life. You got caught doing an awful crime which most people hate you for and will never let go of it. He needs a taste of humble pie and just say "Hey, I get people aren't comfortable with my on the cover because of what my image brings up, I think I should decline being on the cover."

It will save a ton of time on my TV. since hypotheticals are popular lets try two both including ESPN coverage.

Say he declines the cover and lets "The Dozer" get the cover. ESPN will talk about it for maybe 1, 2, hell 3 days tops. "Well what do you make of Vick turning down the cover?" on sportscenter to some asshole that knows nothing about games, on Around the Horn to 3 of 4 people who know nothing of video games, and on PTI where both hosts hate vick.

Say he does take the cover. I am sure there will protests, bloggers, famous people speaking out against it, some sort of controversy in which EA decides to keep or remove vick off the cover. Not only will you have 1 to 3 days per event, it will piss me off and I am sure piss you off no matter what side you take on the fence. Why keep the controversy if madden sales are already tumbling, people for the most part do not like Vick, and there are more deserving guys statistically and visually.

I am happy that we have actually remain relatively civil throughout this whole discussion. I may not agree with everyone's views nor do you with mine but we can keep each others respect high. We don't need one thread dividing the whole forum, we shouldn't hate Vick, We should focus our anger on EA.

Agreed completely. Your post is basically what I want to write, but couldn't get all my thoughts down in such a organized manner without the occasional, DOG HATER comment.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 11:31 pm

I do agree with some of what you were saying

But to make it sound like MOST people hate vick is absurd or the fact that celebrities will come out and speak against such a crime..all were doing is putting a player on a video game cover.

That may be true that other players do deserve this honor but the way they had it set up this year, Vick apparently is loved by a lot of the community to the point where he's in the Finals sorta speak of making it to the cover of M12.

But like you said, we can respect each others opinions none the less.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 23rd 2011, 12:05 am

SteelersJMB wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:

I meant the child who was torturing the animals to begin with, from what I read from Ccdog's post he was making it sound that ppl who torture animals are also known to become serial killers. Which are usually children or young adults and are never put into jail and aren't shown the light sorta speal.

Vick is a celebrity and is in the spotlight whenever he goes out, he's not going to become a serial killer by any means/

Okay so lemme see:
1) Great season: 21 TDs 6 Ints 3,018 yards and a QB Passer Rating of over 100.
2) Well they determine the cover guy from the past season correct? And for the past season he's been a pretty great guy off the field.
3) He has a lot of popularity in everday life, whether its good or bad you can't argue that its less than Peyton Hillis.

Okay, well this was over 5 years ago that this happened...get over it(And no I don't mean get over the deaths of those animals, I mean bringing up Vick and him being a future serial killer/animal torturer) just let him be.
I wasn't implying that he's going to use his extra free time he will probably get from the lockout this year to take up murdering,I was just directing it at people who are saying it's not a big deal because they are animals and humans aren't getting hurt.I was trying to say that they shouldn't ride it off just because it was dogs,because someone who can do that to an animal has to have something wrong with them in the head.I also have to disagree with you saying that going to jail can help people that have these kinds of problems,everyone I know who has done time comes out a darker and colder person from what they experienced inside and the horrors of prison.I know a lot of people who went in normal in the head that just were caught at the wrong time at the wrong place and were perfectly normal,who after being in prison are screwed up in the head and get angry very quickly.Prison rehabilitation changes people,but not always for the better.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 12:23 am

I've known people that have gotten out and have been a completly changed person, not a saint or anything but still a greater being to society than before. Guess it goes both ways.

Well being caught at the wrong place at the wrong time is completly different than a serial killer or person who tortures animals.
Your friends or whoever you were mentioning were not messed up in the head so obviously prison isn't helping in anyway besides locking them behind bars for whatever crime they commited.
Plus if you saw them once their time was over I'm guessing they weren't even in there for that long which means their crime wasn't all that serious, obviously I don't know the entire story but assuming that if you saw them before they went in and when they came out should mean they weren't in there for all that long, also I think you said your like 16-17? Unless im mistake, and if I am then my arguement for this entire conversation about your friends or whoever would be in fact nullified in a sense because I'd be basing it off of your age being around the previously mentioned ages.

Pretty much what I mean is if you're between ages 16-17 that means they couldn't have been in there for like 10+ years or whatever the avg jail time is for a murderer.(depending on the case)

Where as a serial killer or murderer of any kind was already demented and just a little "crazy" if you will so that being in jail actually helped their thinking patterns to the point where they were a normal person, or atleast a much much improved person than when they first went in.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 12:43 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:Again, I am not saying Vick hasnt reformed himself or what ever. I am talking about making a smart choice here for once in this dudes life. You got caught doing an awful crime which most people hate you for and will never let go of it. He needs a taste of humble pie and just say "Hey, I get people aren't comfortable with my on the cover because of what my image brings up, I think I should decline being on the cover."

This is a great post right here, and like Soarin said below, it's what some of us have been thinking but couldn't put down on paper.

And yes, I do also like how throughout this whole discussion / debate, everyone has stayed civilized. Nice change of pace from the EA forums.

But the only thing we can do (and I see we as in Anti-Vick-Madden-Cover-People) right now is just vote for Hillis and hope he wins, and if he doesn't then we have to sit back and watch the aftermath of having the face of Dog Killing be on the cover of the most popular NFL game in the world. *cracks knuckles* Yup, I'm ready.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 23rd 2011, 12:55 am

SnA If you really are against Vick being on the cover then, as I said before, boycott the game, send a letter to EA saying that you and others that you know will refuse to buy Madden if Vick is on the cover.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 1:00 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:SnA If you really are against Vick being on the cover then, as I said before, boycott the game, send a letter to EA saying that you and others that you know will refuse to buy Madden if Vick is on the cover.

What's that going to do? Honestly...

There are people every day that post on the EA boards saying they will never buy this game again, and that they've sent letters to EA and such. Some of these people are very educated and respectful, and some of them are kids who don't know shit about anything.

But honestly that's not going to do anything. The only way to "stop" Vick from being on the cover is simply to vote against him and hope that Hillis wins. I'm not sure what the percentages are right now, but if Vick wins, I guess it's just game over unless there are too many protesters and such that EA eventually changes the cover, but I doubt that will happen.

Like I said before, if EA wants to further destroy their image by putting Vick on the cover, then I'm all for it! I would love to see their sales plummet to the point where they have to give up the exclusive license or get it taken away and then open up for more competition on the market.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 23rd 2011, 1:08 am

Honestly, this went totally wrong for EA. EA thought the fans would pick something good, but what we end up with is some little-known RB from the BROWNS (no offense Browns fans), and a dog-killer. Madden is going to get fucked over either way.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 23rd 2011, 1:10 am

Jetsown08 wrote:Honestly, this went totally wrong for EA. EA thought the fans would pick something good, but what we end up with is some little-known RB from the BROWNS (no offense Browns fans), and a dog-killer. Madden is going to get fucked over either way.

Yeah I'm willing to bet they thought it would come down Aaron Rodgers vs. like Patrick Willis or something like that.

But yeah this went TOTALLY fucking wrong for them, but that's what you get when you don't THINK about the people you put up for nomination of the Madden Cover.

To think, this whole situation would be entirely different if Joshua Cribbs and Desean Jackson were nominated instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 23rd 2011, 1:10 am

Jetsown08 wrote:Honestly, this went totally wrong for EA. EA thought the fans would pick something good, but what we end up with is some little-known RB from the BROWNS (no offense Browns fans), and a dog-killer. Madden is going to get fucked over either way.

well I may have to edit my videos now and insert EA marketing into the "attitude" episode of "jimmy corrects the universe"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 1:16 am

I don't think sales will drop THAT much if Vick's on the cover.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 23rd 2011, 1:21 am

SteelersJMB wrote:I don't think sales will drop THAT much if Vick's on the cover.

I dont know? people are really retarded. If 40 something percent of the nation can be swayed to believe that Obama is a muslim/born in another country, I believe they can be swayed to be offended by Vick on the cover of a game.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 1:54 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:I don't think sales will drop THAT much if Vick's on the cover.

I dont know? people are really retarded. If 40 something percent of the nation can be swayed to believe that Obama is a muslim/born in another country, I believe they can be swayed to be offended by Vick on the cover of a game.

The people who believe the Obama situation and this whole Vick cover probably aren't the same person and will be more than intelligent enough to understand that deciding the President of the United States is a lot different than picking a video game cover.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 23rd 2011, 2:12 am

At JMB,yeah I'm 17 but I've lived around idiots my entire life and like to think I'm along with my mom and a couple of my 8 sisters,had 9 but one got murdered,are the only sane ones.I have had cousins/uncles/in laws do time and while some I've never met because of their incarceration,couple cousins and a Brother in law for murder,I have seen the before and afters of people who have spent time in.It's kinda hard to explain,my brother has been a big user at times which has naturally brought me around a bunch of other losers who can't stay off of the crap,and many times the people have spent time inside say and act similarly to people who have been hooked on that stuff.They often have crazy stories and are just not all there anymore.Most of the in laws I mentioned were involved in an organized crime burglary ring that was all over the news when they got busted around 5 years ago,and many of them have been in and out on similar amounts of time Vick got,about a year and a half to two years.They just act differently,I can't say I like them as much as before they went in.They're usually quicker to think someones disrespecting them,quicker to get angry,and generally just more hostile.I'm young,but I can remember these people up to about 8 years ago,and some of them have served a couple of sentences in that time and I could tell the difference between and before and like I said,to me prison just makes the person more dark and angry at the world.At the end of the day though,we're talking about a video game cover,a shitty video game at that lol..
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 23rd 2011, 2:40 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:

(not saying he wasn't born here because honestly I don't care about that)..but still, why would he go through all the trouble of sealing his birth certificate if there wasn't something to hide?

/thread hijack, sorry

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 3:10 am

ccdog wrote:At JMB,yeah I'm 17 but I've lived around idiots my entire life and like to think I'm along with my mom and a couple of my 8 sisters,had 9 but one got murdered,are the only sane ones.I have had cousins/uncles/in laws do time and while some I've never met because of their incarceration,couple cousins and a Brother in law for murder,I have seen the before and afters of people who have spent time in.It's kinda hard to explain,my brother has been a big user at times which has naturally brought me around a bunch of other losers who can't stay off of the crap,and many times the people have spent time inside say and act similarly to people who have been hooked on that stuff.They often have crazy stories and are just not all there anymore.Most of the in laws I mentioned were involved in an organized crime burglary ring that was all over the news when they got busted around 5 years ago,and many of them have been in and out on similar amounts of time Vick got,about a year and a half to two years.They just act differently,I can't say I like them as much as before they went in.They're usually quicker to think someones disrespecting them,quicker to get angry,and generally just more hostile.I'm young,but I can remember these people up to about 8 years ago,and some of them have served a couple of sentences in that time and I could tell the difference between and before and like I said,to me prison just makes the person more dark and angry at the world.At the end of the day though,we're talking about a video game cover,a shitty video game at that lol..

This right here^ is exactly why im fuckin happy to be able to come to this site and actually have a real discussion about a topic, yea EA we had our threads that sometimes went somewhere positive but if you had put this paragraph on EA, im sure someone would've just locked it or trolled the entire thing.

I have a better understanding now because you've explained to me why you have the outlook you do in terms of prison and I respect you for that.

And yes I realize we're talking about a video game cover...although some might be taking this a whole lot more serious than it should be lol
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 23rd 2011, 9:12 am

Well, I think we can all get a generalized conclusion that most of us here dont agree with Vick being on the cover?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 23rd 2011, 11:39 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well, I think we can all get a generalized conclusion that most of us here dont agree with Vick being on the cover?
If you hate Vick,you shouldn't want him on the cover.If you support Vick,you shouldn't want him on the cover because of all the negative attention he will bring to himself.So yeah,I agree that that is the generalized conclusion.And agreed JMB,we would have gotten a "This thread has run it's course,locked" on page 2 on EA and as always I respect your opinion as well.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 23rd 2011, 1:10 pm

ccdog wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well, I think we can all get a generalized conclusion that most of us here dont agree with Vick being on the cover?
If you hate Vick,you shouldn't want him on the cover.If you support Vick,you shouldn't want him on the cover because of all the negative attention he will bring to himself.So yeah,I agree that that is the generalized conclusion.And agreed JMB,we would have gotten a "This thread has run it's course,locked" on page 2 on EA and as always I respect your opinion as well.

How is he bringing himself negative attention if he is voted by gamers onto the cover? If anything EA is the one bringing negative attention upon itself.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 1:37 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
ccdog wrote:

How is he bringing himself negative attention if he is voted by gamers onto the cover? If anything EA is the one bringing negative attention upon itself.

Exactly^

Im not so sure that most of us don't want him on the cover, it seems like the 4 of us are the one's who are willing to discuss this so I think its kinda even right now.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 1:38 pm

How do you turn off the BBcode permanetly?

Everytime I quote someone I have to keep unchecking it.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 23rd 2011, 1:52 pm

I don't want him on but it has nothing to do with his conviction. He already was on it in '04.

Your actions define you. Since being out, he has done all the right things. If in his mind he wants to kill dogs again, fine. As long as he doesn't do it, I don't care.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum