Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Tom Brady

+10
tubbs51
SteelersJMB
CaptRCG2
Browns
Nef77
BaltRavensFan20
MaddMatter
66-Pittsburgh-43
Soarindude02
EPICxPENGUIN69
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tom Brady Empty Tom Brady

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 12th 2011, 8:50 am

but how do you guys feel about Brady, put fan bias aside.

Cant stand him. The whole pointing to a ref for a flag really annoys me.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady Empty Re: Tom Brady

Post  Soarindude02 April 12th 2011, 9:53 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:I am curious to see this Brady 6 thing tonight. I am not sure how to feel about Brady as a guy though.

I am a notre dame fan and a jets fan so we already have some bad blood off the start. I am not jealous of his wife or life style and all that. In the interviews he seems like a cool dude but still something about him i am not a big fan.

but how do you guys feel about Brady, put fan bias aside.

Well, ive never liked him. Something about him makes me want to punch somebody. Just the way he represents himself is rather annoying, compared to a guy like Peyton Manning.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 10:49 am

His recent remarks on being drafted were comical...

Eleven years later, Tom Brady still get emotional about draft snub
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT

We mentioned last night, while scrounging for any NFL-related stories, that ESPN will debut on Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. The Brady 6, a look at the inexplicable 198-spot free-fall one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history experienced during the 2000 draft.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald already has seen it (that bastard), and he has written a couple of items about it.

Most significantly, Rapoport says that Brady gets extremely emotional about being passed over for six other passers, and 192 other players.

“I remember taking a walk with my mom and dad around the block,” Brady says, and then he chokes up, taking a full 11 seconds to compose himself. “They were just so supportive of me. They took it as emotionally as I did. Finally, when the Patriots called, I was so excited. ‘I don’t have to be an insurance salesman. Thank God I got picked here.’”

And, of course, the blunder by so many teams (including the Patriots on every pick they made before picking Brady — Adrian Klemm, J.R. Redmond, Greg Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott, and Antwan Harris) gives the NFL a perpetual strategy for getting folks to watch the latter rounds of each draft.

The ultimate irony, of course, is that Brady is now one of 10 players whose antitrust lawsuit against the NFL will, if lawyer Jeffrey Kessler gets his way, permanently end the event that gave Brady the motivation that helped make him become the player he became.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/09/eleven-years-later-tom-brady-still-get-emotional-about-draft-snub/

Cry me a river, he was drafted late. Can he get over it already? Does he realize how many guys go undrafted and never even sniff the NFL? On top of that, he was an average QB at best in college, what in the hell was he expecting to happen? To go in the first round?

Hines Ward does the exact same thing in just about every one of his interviews. He talks about how "nobody gave me a chance" and he was drafted in the 3rd round. The 3rd round! It's not like the guy went undrafted and we took a chance on him. Again, what does Ward have to cry and complain about these days? He's almost at God-like status in this city. Get over it.

With that being said, there is a difference between Ward's harping on the past and Brady's remarks in the above article. The idiotic "I don’t have to be an insurance salesman" comment came off as arrogant and condescending. Wait, you mean he would've had to get a regular job like the rest of us 'simple' folk? Tom, it's called the real world and it does exist outside of your little bubble.

Get over yourself. Rolling Eyes

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 12th 2011, 11:16 am

Love 'em.

Went to Michigan. Late round pick that became a star. I don't like him as much as I used to. I liked the "younger Brady," you know his first 4-6 years. Lately, ehh not so much. Maybe it has to do with that fucked up haircut.

But to the people that hate him because he's still upset because he complains about being drafted late. Don't you think James Harrison is still pissed that he went undrafted and cut by like 3 different teams? I think it just helps keep guys motivated.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 12th 2011, 11:20 am

Quietly using it for motivation is one thing. Vocally crying over it and coming off as a condescending prick in the process is a completely different story. Thankfully, I don't have to listen to James Harrison cry about it ten years after the fact. If I did, I would say the exact same thing I said about fellow Steeler Hines Ward...

You're here now. You're making millions. Get over it already.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 12th 2011, 4:30 pm

Personally to me he comes off as a snobb and arrogant, but I try not to judge people.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 12th 2011, 6:19 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Personally to me he comes off as a snobb and arrogant, but I try not to judge people.

You're not really judging him, you are describing him. Laughing

And that is a solid description of Tom Brady.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 April 12th 2011, 7:17 pm

I don't see a problem with him bringing up that draft. A lot of guys, when they make it, forget what fuels them and just fade off in the sport. That doesn't seem to be the case just by looking at the passion this guy has in his game. He does rub off as an arrogant prick but I would rather have an accurate QB who is sure of himself at all time than one who freezes under pressure. Perhaps that's the reason why this guy is clutch.

On another note, I hope Goodell takes out all these stupid QB rules just to send a message to Brady. Don't sue the company that protects your ass.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns April 12th 2011, 7:32 pm

I hate the whole "Point to ref for a flag" thing. Comes off as an arrogant pretty boy who cant get dirty. He seems like one of those guys
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 12th 2011, 7:41 pm

Obviously I don't know him as a person, but his teammates seem to love him. So I'd guess that he's a good teammate. He's an incredible QB. That's pretty much all I can judge him on.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 12th 2011, 11:02 pm

When I think of Tom Brady, I think of this play:

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 12th 2011, 11:24 pm

I hate how when Tom Brady or any QB does something he is a "competitor" but if T sizzle or any other player says or does something he is considered a douche or something
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 13th 2011, 1:34 am

He's a winner and a great QB, many don't like him but I simply love to see him play against everyone other than the Steelers.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 13th 2011, 4:49 am

He's a competitor and a winner but one thing i hate is that he launced the full blown crybaby trend with NFL players and possibly even a reason behind Goodell's severe rule changes.

So he's partially on my shit list which means if i see him on the street i'm not gonna punch him like i would Cortland Finnegan but im not gonna ask for an autograph either.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 13th 2011, 10:44 am

I don't have an issue with him. Living in England has it's benefits I suppose. I don't have to put up with him on TV doing whatever it is that annoys people so much.

I would say he's one of my favourite players. He's a great QB who'll be a first-ballot HOFer in a couple of years. Last season proved that he can win with no offensive weapons and no awesome defense (which critics of his SB winning years seem to bring up - "oh he had an awesome d in those games innit".
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 13th 2011, 12:11 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:When I think of Tom Brady, I think of this play:

SnA do we really want to go through this again?
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 13th 2011, 12:15 pm

I think he's the best QB in the league. Also, I think cockiness is allowed to those who can back it up. TO and Randy Moss (in his prime), for instance, were trash talking mofos that caught 10+TDs EVERY year.

He's the best. If he wants to act like it, fine by me.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 13th 2011, 12:21 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:When I think of Tom Brady, I think of this play:

SnA do we really want to go through this again?

No, I'm just saying this is what I think of when someone mentions Tom Brady; him being a huuuuge cry-baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 13th 2011, 2:24 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
No, I'm just saying this is what I think of when someone mentions Tom Brady; him being a huuuuge cry-baby.

Yeah. But a lot of players cry when they win the SB.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 13th 2011, 4:29 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Tears of Joy, thats different....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 13th 2011, 4:53 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm talking more along the lines of crying whenever a defensive player comes within your "personal bubble" and attempts to lay a finger on you.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 13th 2011, 6:00 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm talking more along the lines of crying whenever a defensive player comes within your "personal bubble" and attempts to lay a finger on you.

depends where that finger is going and how far into the personal zone
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 13th 2011, 7:39 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

depends where that finger is going and how far into the personal zone

CHA-CHING! Nice! Touche, man. Touche.

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 13th 2011, 8:12 pm

He's kind of a bitch,but a winner
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 13th 2011, 10:07 pm

ccdog wrote:He's kind of a bitch,but a winner

I equate him to manning on the scale of overrated. he is the benefit of good coaching. everyone talked about his 4 interceptions this year. he played in an offense adapted from the college air raid type of system. put the tape up, he threw the ball under coverage. when he pushed it down field, more batted balls than a gang of polio victims trying to rape Xenia warrior princess.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next