Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Ed Reed inflated stats?

+8
poshmidget
MaddMatter
MyDirtyDangles
PhantomReturns93
KWicK78
EPICxPENGUIN69
BaltRavensFan20
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ed Reed inflated stats? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ed Reed inflated stats?

Post  BaltRavensFan20 June 25th 2011, 8:42 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well I just watched the highlights from the NO game, and for the most part it looked like they tried to throw away from reed, for all but 2 throws, and they were deep. I know its just highlights, but it could bring some insight as to how the saints threw.

its not really a question of "who they threw to"...Ed Reed is a SAFETY , hes not a CB that is gaurding his WR on every play, ED REED's job is to ROAM THE SECONDARY and make plays without being assigned to any specific player, therefore he should be able to adjust and make plays on the football when its thrown..why didnt ED REED make these plays when faced with a better QB? i mean anyone can INT St.Pieere from Carolina twice, or rookie Colt Mcoy from the Browns twice...what im saying is that without an assigned player, Reed should be all over the field, he got 8 INT last season and everyone hootin and hollerin that hes the best, but he didnt do jack shit against the best.

And thats the thing, you cant expect EVERY safety to make plays, not even the greats did. If a QB knows that there is a Top 5 FS/SS back there, hes going to throw away from them, or try to. Theres also the matter that Reed wasnt back 100% when he played, due to the fact he came out this past day or two and said he still isnt 100% physically, Ive had hip surgery and you cant expect to just come back and be awesome. It took me months to come back and be completely normal and I was about 7-8 yrs old when I had it done. Think about someone whos in his early 30s or close to it. -

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-23/ed-reed-says-hes-still-not-100-percent-physically

And do you really think at times Safeties dont have "assigned" players once in awhile? Think about this, do you think if Reed sees Calvin Johnson or Sidney Rice on one side of the field, with his CB covering, that he wont go help cover him to give his CB extra coverage? Theres also another hypethetical question. FSs play deep, since they are the last line of Defense, if a QB keeps throwing short passes or dump offs, that doesnt give much plays for reed to make does it?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ June 25th 2011, 8:54 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well I just watched the highlights from the NO game, and for the most part it looked like they tried to throw away from reed, for all but 2 throws, and they were deep. I know its just highlights, but it could bring some insight as to how the saints threw.

its not really a question of "who they threw to"...Ed Reed is a SAFETY , hes not a CB that is gaurding his WR on every play, ED REED's job is to ROAM THE SECONDARY and make plays without being assigned to any specific player, therefore he should be able to adjust and make plays on the football when its thrown..why didnt ED REED make these plays when faced with a better QB? i mean anyone can INT St.Pieere from Carolina twice, or rookie Colt Mcoy from the Browns twice...what im saying is that without an assigned player, Reed should be all over the field, he got 8 INT last season and everyone hootin and hollerin that hes the best, but he didnt do jack shit against the best.

And thats the thing, you cant expect EVERY safety to make plays, not even the greats did. If a QB knows that there is a Top 5 FS/SS back there, hes going to throw away from them, or try to. Theres also the matter that Reed wasnt back 100% when he played, due to the fact he came out this past day or two and said he still isnt 100% physically, Ive had hip surgery and you cant expect to just come back and be awesome. It took me months to come back and be completely normal and I was about 7-8 yrs old when I had it done. Think about someone whos in his early 30s or close to it. -

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-23/ed-reed-says-hes-still-not-100-percent-physically

And do you really think at times Safeties dont have "assigned" players once in awhile? Think about this, do you think if Reed sees Calvin Johnson or Sidney Rice on one side of the field, with his CB covering, that he wont go help cover him to give his CB extra coverage? Theres also another hypethetical question. FSs play deep, since they are the last line of Defense, if a QB keeps throwing short passes or dump offs, that doesnt give much plays for reed to make does it?

so what position do you think is MORE important? FS/SS or CB? ...seeing as you just said that FS gets to relax and play deep field and SS may have to help in Run Support, in your honest opinion, whos job is tougher..FS/SS or CB?...would YOU say its easier for a FS/SS to make INTs? how about be in great position to INT tipped pases? , do you think a FS/SS could ever cover a WR of Andre Johnson or Megatrons calibur 1 on 1 ?
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 June 25th 2011, 9:35 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

so what position do you think is MORE important? FS/SS or CB? ...seeing as you just said that FS gets to relax and play deep field and SS may have to help in Run Support, in your honest opinion, whos job is tougher..FS/SS or CB?...would YOU say its easier for a FS/SS to make INTs? how about be in great position to INT tipped pases? , do you think a FS/SS could ever cover a WR of Andre Johnson or Megatrons calibur 1 on 1 ?

For me Id say CB. The CB is the one covering the WR, thus its their job to shut them down. As I said, a FS is the last line fo defense. And yes I said that becasue thats the truth, a FSs job is to protect the deep ball, thus why I also said they are the last line of defense. And I cant really answer those questions, due to the fact there are no guidelines as to how good of a safety we are talking about or how good of a CB we are talking about as to how easy it is. And how many times do you see ints off of tipped passes? Alot less imo than straight up ints.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2