Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2011 NFL DRAFT!

+14
Soarindude02
tubbs51
HurpDurpHurray
BaltRavensFan20
TRU11
Mutant
CaptRCG2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
SteelersJMB
JermikesHere
PhantomReturns93
KWicK78
Pintsizedjark
MaddMatter
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2011 NFL DRAFT! - Page 5 Empty Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT!

Post  tubbs51 April 30th 2011, 3:29 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Ravens taking Torrey Smith = HELL TO THE YEAHHH

Nice pick. Funny thing is Puppets didnt think he'd last til then Razz

Yeah that was actually just me, why are you bringing puppetz into it?
And I never thought Smith would be there for Baltimore.. but my point was actually that no mocks had him falling to the Ravens in the 2nd round and that sna was wrong about that. I wasn't and am still not wrong about that. The Ravens made a nice pick there, good value imo.. but I don't really think he's going to be that great. I think they had a nice draft so far.. high risk, high reward kind of players. Could go either way. J. Smith could be a very good corner or he could go to jail (I think he will be good). T. Smith could be a good speed receiver, or he could be Darius Heyward-Bey (I think the latter).

The teams I think did the best were the Giants and Lions.. on the flip side, I don't know what the hell the Patriots were doing the past 2 days, but I love it. 2 running backs, a backup qb, an overrated offensive lineman (imo), and a solid corner. No pass rushers or help on the d-line. Real nice to see.

Patriots always know what they're doing.

So says the media. Check their draft history.. they clearly don't always know what they're doing.

Making the playoffs pretty much every year with talent that no one has heard of clearly means they aren't reloading their team with young guys/rookies.
exactly. THats what makes them so good. they dont rebuild they just reload with no name players. all they have at WR is Welker this year i bet you a no name WR they have will step up and play like a pro.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 30th 2011, 11:29 pm

Making the playoffs < Making it past the 1st round of the playoffs < Winning the Superbowl.

The Packers know what they are doing. They just won THE SUPERBOWL with players no one knew of. The Patriots got whooped in the 1st round.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 1st 2011, 12:30 am

draft winners: Browns, Lions, and Bengals

Browns- Awesome picks, nothing too bold but also not too safe. I believe them trading down to collect picks along with getting a few players that really fell to them. no reached picks

Lions- Past few drafts, the lions have collected a ton of talent and have been getting it on the field early. Same here. all the 1st and 2nd day picks will start or at least play a ton this year.

Bengals- Steals, AJ Green and Andy Dalton should have went higher than they did but they fell right to them. Should provide a good combo for years to come. AJ is a freak athlete who can go up and get the ball while Dalton is a brilliant QB, no mistakes and is an angry ginger.

draft losers: Falcons, Cowboys, Panthers

Falcons- gave up way to much for Jones to go along with questionable picks later on. They obviously think they have a perfect team that doesnt need much improvement

Cowboys- Took to many luxury picks, not to improve their team but to add value for trades.

Panthers- No clue what these dudes are doing. They might as well throw out last 3 draft classes because they covered their tracks. Some people shouldnt be drafted, half their draft were those guys.

interesting picks:
G. McElroy to the jets. Smart guy, good arm, really underrated. Should be a steal to any other team but will have a quality career as a backup or as trade bait later on down the road.

N. Fairley to the Lion. The idea of 2 gifted tackles that are explosive and strong bring back memories of classic Dlines like the fear some foursome, steel curtain, and purple people eaters.

K. Rudolph to the Vikings. Love this kid. Watched him for 3 years. Good hands and can go vertical

M. Herzlich to no one. I am surprised that he wasnt even drafted. His junior year, he was the number 1 defensive prospect. got cancer. 1 year off from football. No one even in the 6th or 7th wanted to take this kid? Makes no sense to me.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 12:43 am

Call me a homer but I definitely think the Ravens are winners in this year's draft, among many other teams.

First of all, we got a shutdown corner and put him into the perfect Off-The-Field situation to keep him in check. We got a better cover corner than Patrick Peterson and didn't have to go 5-11 or whatever to get him. Great luxury for the Ravens.

Second of all, we addressed every single need on our team. Corner, Wide Receiver, Offensive / Defensive Line and then finally depth at Quarterback. We got Jah Reid who will compete immediately for the RT spot (which I still don't understand because Michael Oher OBVIOUSLY should be on the right side...), and we added depth at defensive line and added a solid rookie QB in Tyrod Taylor who can add another dimension to our offense, much like Troy Smith did, especially considering that he only wants to be a quarterback so we can use his strengths to our advantage and get him into some exotic packages with Torrey Smith. I also like Tyrod Taylor because rumor has it that Marc Bulger is going to the Arizona Cardinals once the lockout is over and trades can happen, so we needed a backup.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 1st 2011, 1:03 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Call me a homer but I definitely think the Ravens are winners in this year's draft, among many other teams.

First of all, we got a shutdown corner and put him into the perfect Off-The-Field situation to keep him in check. We got a better cover corner than Patrick Peterson and didn't have to go 5-11 or whatever to get him. Great luxury for the Ravens.

Second of all, we addressed every single need on our team. Corner, Wide Receiver, Offensive / Defensive Line and then finally depth at Quarterback. We got Jah Reid who will compete immediately for the RT spot (which I still don't understand because Michael Oher OBVIOUSLY should be on the right side...), and we added depth at defensive line and added a solid rookie QB in Tyrod Taylor who can add another dimension to our offense, much like Troy Smith did, especially considering that he only wants to be a quarterback so we can use his strengths to our advantage and get him into some exotic packages with Torrey Smith. I also like Tyrod Taylor because rumor has it that Marc Bulger is going to the Arizona Cardinals once the lockout is over and trades can happen, so we needed a backup.

ok man, i will say this about the Ravens Draft..they got good "prospects" ..not sure where you can legitimately claim Jimmy Smith as a "shutdown" corner when he hasnt taken 1 snap in the NFL..also about his character issues, you claim hes in "the perfect situation" ,if you mean in between 2 murderers then i guess you are correct....i like Tyrod Taylor as a player and im sure he may even compete with Flacco for the starting job, Taylor gives the Offense an extra threat to run the ball instead of just being a Sack Magnet like Flacco....Torrey Smith is IMO a excellent route runner that can get deep, lets see if Flacco can find him on the field though...GL next season Smile
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 1:57 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Call me a homer but I definitely think the Ravens are winners in this year's draft, among many other teams.

ok man, i will say this about the Ravens Draft..they got good "prospects" ..not sure where you can legitimately claim Jimmy Smith as a "shutdown" corner when he hasnt taken 1 snap in the NFL..also about his character issues, you claim hes in "the perfect situation" ,if you mean in between 2 murderers then i guess you are correct....i like Tyrod Taylor as a player and im sure he may even compete with Flacco for the starting job, Taylor gives the Offense an extra threat to run the ball instead of just being a Sack Magnet like Flacco....Torrey Smith is IMO a excellent route runner that can get deep, lets see if Flacco can find him on the field though...GL next season Smile

Well Jimmy Smith is regarded as a better cover corner than Patrick Peterson and all the "analysts" considered P.P. to be a shutdown corner, so yeah...Not saying he is right now but he certainly has the capability to be one.

And I was talking about him being in the perfect situation being placed on a defense with guys like Suggs, Ngata, R. Lewis and Ed Reed. Guys that set great examples in the locker room and on the field for him and also being placed on a team with great management and a team that is a perennial Superbowl contender. But I guess if you want to be ignorant and say he's on a team with 2 murderers as well, then so be it.

As for Tyrod Taylor "competing with Flacco for the starting spot.", I can just laugh at that.

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 1st 2011, 3:13 am

Mark Herzlich went undrafted. Wow. I feel really bad for him especially since he ATTENDED the draft in New York.

I wish him the best, if anyone signs him they're gonna get a MAJOR steal, I think he'll be back to the pre-cancer first round lock prospect he was in a couple years.

Really wish the Steelers took him and I hope we at least sign him to our practice squad whenever free agency begins.

Also, godammit Ravens why did you have to go and take Tyrod Taylor. I wanted to be able to root for him. I wish he went to Philly because I think Vick would have helped him develop into Vick 2.0 but I think in Baltimore he'll just ride the bench and never amount to much.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 3:24 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:Mark Herzlich went undrafted. Wow. I feel really bad for him especially since he ATTENDED the draft in New York.

I wish him the best, if anyone signs him they're gonna get a MAJOR steal, I think he'll be back to the pre-cancer first round lock prospect he was in a couple years.

Really wish the Steelers took him and I hope we at least sign him to our practice squad whenever free agency begins.

Also, godammit Ravens why did you have to go and take Tyrod Taylor. I wanted to be able to root for him. I wish he went to Philly because I think Vick would have helped him develop into Vick 2.0 but I think in Baltimore he'll just ride the bench and never amount to much.

Now he can be Troy Smith 2.0 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 1st 2011, 6:43 am

I'm happy with the Cards picks.

And I'm more than happy we didn't draft a QB. What a lot of people seem to forget is that we drafted a QB last season who the Cards seem to like and want to develop into a starter. The problem is, our current QB corps are garbage and we really need a real veteran to show him the way - much like Warner did with Leinart (except Leinart was a bum and didn't take any notice, that's why he's 3rd sting QB for the Texans instead of the starter for the Cardinals). That's why there's been a lot of talk of us getting McNabb, Palmer, Bulger, etc.

1st Round - Patrick Peterson CB - Really happy with this pick. I wanted us to either get him, Von Miller or if neither were available, trade-down with another team. Our secondary is now loaded.

2nd Round - Ryan Williams RB - At first, I was unsure of this pick. I was set on us getting a pass-rushing LBer so when I saw we got a RB I questioned Whiz's pick. It wasn't until I looked at some YouTube highlights that I warmed to him. The guy is a flat out monster. He can find his own holes to run through so our shit OLine shouldn't faze him.

3rd Round - Robert Housler TE - I forgot to research this guy but from what other Cards fans tell me he's a brick shit house on legs. 6-5, 248lbs. A good pass-blocking TE, I just hope he can catch. He also did the 40 in 4.40 so we have fast TE.

4th Round - Sam Acho OLB - AT called this. We were in the chatbox and he said "you guys should go for sam acho". Lo and behold, we got him. It was partly this pick which made me forget to research #3 (I'm a bit lazy). We needed a pass rusher. This guy is also fast as hell (he did the 40 in like 4.60 which is fast for a LBer). He also won some kind of classroom award so we know he's not a bum. Love this pick.

5th Round - Anthony Sherman FB - This pick is the one which made me realise Whiz wants to improve the run game. You haven't got a run game if you haven't got a tank on legs to smash through the D. Our full backs seem to be guys who went undrafted so it's nice to have a guy who's talented enough to use a pick on. Can't wait to see how our run game improves with this pick.

6th Round - Quan Sturdivant ILB - This guy, along with Acho, is another late draft steal. From what I've read he was projected to go as high as the mid-2nd round. He;ll help stuff the run game. Like this pick.

6th Round - Dan Carter DT - I don't believe this pick is anything more than for depth. At DT we have Dan Williams and that's it. Our other two guys who can play DT - Robinson and Watson are F/A's so it makes sense to get a guy to pad the depth chart out.

7th Round - Demarco Sampson WR - Haven't yet researched this but I'm not sure if I'm keen on the pick. Our WR corps are already pretty loaded so I'm wondering why we added another one instead of getting a much needed Tackle or Guard.

Verdict: I'll probably give this draft a B. The BPA thing Whiz seems to have done has worked but I really do wish we'd got at least one OLine player. Added to what we got last season, it's shaping up to be a pretty formidable team he's creating.

On D we have Dockett, Williams, Campbell, Schofield, Washington, Stundivant, Acho, Peterson, Rodgers-Cromatrie, Wilson, Rhodes and Toler.

On O we have Fitzgerald, Wells, Williams, Doucet, Roberts, Sherman, Breaston (if we can resign him), and Peyton Manning <- lol j/k.

The next couple of years will be interesting to watch as a Cardinals fan.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers May 1st 2011, 9:44 am

I agree with what you said Mutant, although I think you need a #2 WR on your team, and Breaston in the slot. I would give your draft a C+ because you should have gotten an offensive lineman early. Maybe G Ben Ijuana instead of Ryan Williams, but still you got best player in draft, and some solid 3rd day picks.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 1st 2011, 10:18 am

at23steelers wrote:I agree with what you said Mutant, although I think you need a #2 WR on your team, and Breaston in the slot. I would give your draft a C+ because you should have gotten an offensive lineman early. Maybe G Ben Ijuana instead of Ryan Williams, but still you got best player in draft, and some solid 3rd day picks.

We could get one off F/A. Someone who could actually take some of the coverage off Fitz. I thought Ochocinco would be a good fit. I'm not sure a 7th round guy and a few undrafted people we picked up last year can really do that, but who knows? (I think Roberts is a slot guy too). There's always Doucet but he's always injured it seems.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed we didn't get an OLine man at any point in the draft. I was set on Gilbert but even if he'd have been avaliable I doubt we'd have got him. You got him at the end of the 3rd round didn't you? So that means we'd probably not have got Acho if we'd picked Gilbert (assuming the Steelers hadn't picked him first).
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 1st 2011, 1:43 pm

Adrian Clayborn: I like this pick a lot. There was very little choice at this point for any other player besides Clayborn or Bowers, and lucky for us we got both of them. I think Clayborn will be a solid lock at starting this year, and getting us plenty of pass rush.

Da'Quan Bowers: Bowers was a steal to get in the second round. You have to remember, before his injury, Bowers was the TOP prospect in the whole draft! Thats amazing. If we can get Bowers back to what he was before his injury, and have Clayborn, I think are D-line will be set for the next 10 years. (We just drafted McCoy and Price last year as well) Of course its tough not seeing us grab a CB or a OLine man, but I am hoping we can grab those postions in Free agency.

Mason Foster: A tackling machine and will probably get plenty of playing time. The Bucs do a interesting rotation at Linebacker, and getting Foster was perfect. This guy can play any postion among the Linebacker core, and I love his ability to HIT! If we do not resign Ruud, I can see a drop off between him and Foster, but I think Foster could be a legit starter.

Luke Stocker: Not sure about the need in a Tightend (we've got Kellen Winslow) but i'm guessing we are going to try more two Tightend packages this year. Gilmore was are only other tightend, and he was below average. I have a feeling Luke can rack up at least 15 catches this season.

Ahmad Black: I dont see this guy making a big name for himself. He is way to small to play Safety, so I could see him playing possibly Corner back a little this year? I think he'll be able to be one of those, third String Safety/6th corner guys.

Allen Bradford: I was really low on this pick. From what I know of Bradford, not much, is that he is a larger guy who plays in between the tackles. Hello? We have Blount? I dont know if they plan on moving Bradford to FB but its still and off move.

Anthony Gaitor: I dont know much about this guy, but playing at FIU pretty much tells you hes not a beast. Im hoping for the best.

Daniel Hardy: What?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 1:53 pm

Jimmy Smith: Smith was widely-regarded as a top-10 talent because of his elite size (6-foot-2) and speed (in the low 4.4s). His character concerns dropped him down the board, but Smith hasn't had any transgressions over the past two years and the Ravens are confident with his heart and maturity. Smith didn't have an interception last season because teams rarely threw in his direction. Due to his size and speed, he's adept in press coverage and is a solid tackler against the run.

Torrey Smith: Smith has big-play speed and enough size to develop into a starting NFL receiver who can stretch a defense. Shows great burst off the line and the top-end speed to consistently get behind the secondary but is susceptible to press coverage and is still improving his ability to make over-the-shoulder grabs and come down with jump balls. Not a refined underneath route-runner. Loses speed in transition and doesn't have a real natural feel for finding creases in zones. Has leadership qualities, is a hard-worker, and is a physical run blocker. Smith's speed, upside and mentality make him an early second round prospect.

Jah Reid: Reid's a physically gifted prospect who needs some technical refinement and to improve his recognition skills but has a chance to become a starter down the line. Good pass blocker who uses his size well, forcing rushers wide past the pocket. Has pretty good feet and flashes the ability to slide back inside and get to the second level to pick off linebackers. Main issue is he plays high. Doesn't jar defenders off the ball and can be knocked backwards by the bull rush. Has proven to be very durable and has a solid work-ethic. Reid's a potential Day 2 pick with upside.

Tandon Doss: Doss has the size and speed measurables, hands, savvy, and mentality to develop into a starting NFL wide receiver and potentially a go-to guy. Gets open underneath with polished route-running and good quickness. Eats up cushions in a hurry with elite burst off the line, has the straight-lined speed to get vertical, and the ball skills to track the football. Can make some plays in space. Very willing and productive over the middle and can catch the ball in a crowd. Hard-working, mature player who lets his play on the field do his talking. Doss is an early second round prospect.

Chykie Brown: Brown is a well built cornerback with great speed, but he is a liability in run support. He can run with anybody on vertical routes and quickly closes when the ball is in the air. However, he lacks the hip fluidity to mirror shiftier wide receivers and he will not be a lock down corner at the next level. He misses a lot of tackles by diving at ball carriers and is pushed around by wide receivers and loses contain too often in run support. Brown's top end speed is alluring, but his limitations as a tackler make him a later round pick.

Pernell McPhee: McPhee brings a hard-working, run-stopping presence and can fit in both the 4-3 or 3-4 defensive fronts. Holds his ground but can struggle to get off blocks. When he disengages, makes plays at him and in pursuit on the backside. Can get to the quarterback with a no-nonsense, straight-lined bull rush approach, but isn't going to beat NFL offensive tackles with speed and burst. Durable, tough and relentless but limited by his lack of explosive athleticism. McPhee could become a starter during his career and likely comes off the board in the mid rounds.

Tyrod Taylor: Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.

Anthony Allen: Allen has a combination of burst, power and toughness that should be able to gain yardage on the ground in the NFL. Future role could depend on how smoothly he can transition from a triple-option offense to a pro-style attack. Was productive at Louisville before transferring. Gets through the hole quickly, battles for extra yards and protects the football. Not going to break too many big ones, but a guy who can move the chains. Lacks experiencing catching the football and pass blocking but has the makeup and skills to succeed in both areas. Allen currently carries a late-round grade.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 1st 2011, 1:58 pm

Tyrod Taylor: Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.

............that is basically Cam Newton Twisted Evil
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 2:00 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Tyrod Taylor: Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.

Except we took him in the 6th round instead of #1 overall Smile WOOHOO!

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 1st 2011, 4:10 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Making the playoffs < Making it past the 1st round of the playoffs < Winning the Superbowl.

The Packers know what they are doing. They just won THE SUPERBOWL with players no one knew of. The Patriots got whooped in the 1st round.

Patriots have 3 SBs from the past decade, why are you just looking at this past season?

WTF? Really? Nobody knew about Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Matthews, Woodson, Shields(if you had watched him in college), Collins, just to name a few?
Its not like the Packers were nobodies
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 May 1st 2011, 4:12 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:Tyrod Taylor: Taylor is a hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. He also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback. His greatest asset is his athleticism and he should be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man. A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes, has helped his draft stock and he could sneak into the third round.

And Tyrod actually led his team to victory and had them finish in the top ten for four straight years, Newton has only had one legitimate collegiate season.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 1st 2011, 4:14 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Two wasted picks Very Happy
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 5:31 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Making the playoffs < Making it past the 1st round of the playoffs < Winning the Superbowl.

Patriots have 3 SBs from the past decade, why are you just looking at this past season?

WTF? Really? Nobody knew about Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Matthews, Woodson, Shields(if you had watched him in college), Collins, just to name a few?

Where are they now? They haven't won a playoff game since their last Superbowl title. And yeah, the Packers have some superstars but so do the Patriots with Brady, Welker, Wilfork, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 1st 2011, 6:16 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

Where are they now? They haven't won a playoff game since their last Superbowl title. And yeah, the Packers have some superstars but so do the Patriots with Brady, Welker, Wilfork, etc.

You mean they haven't won a playoff game since their last SB title.. EXCEPT those playoff wins against the Jaguars in 2005, Jets in 06, Chargers in 06, Jaguars in 07, and Chargers in 07?

Besides for those FIVE playoff wins, you're totally correct as usual! And what exactly is your point? That the Packers have no good players and the Patriots do? I don't get it. I assume your whole point was to in some way say the Ravens are the best in some way.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 6:44 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

You mean they haven't won a playoff game since their last SB title.. EXCEPT those playoff wins against the Jaguars in 2005, Jets in 06, Chargers in 06, Jaguars in 07, and Chargers in 07?

Besides for those FIVE playoff wins, you're totally correct as usual! And what exactly is your point? That the Packers have no good players and the Patriots do? I don't get it. I assume your whole point was to in some way say the Ravens are the best in some way.

Meh, Superbowl titles.

My point was that people are saying "Oh god the Patriots do such a great job winning with nobodies on their team!", when in fact they didn't even win a playoff game this year and haven't won a Superbowl in many years, and the Packers just won a Superbowl with essentially their JV team and a few starters.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 1st 2011, 6:50 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

Meh, Superbowl titles.

My point was that people are saying "Oh god the Patriots do such a great job winning with nobodies on their team!", when in fact they didn't even win a playoff game this year and haven't won a Superbowl in many years, and the Packers just won a Superbowl with essentially their JV team and a few starters.

The Packers have a more talented roster than the Patriots do. The Pats did so well this year because of their superior coaching and a Hall of Fame quarterback. And if you're going to try and put down a team like the Pats, you can at least bother to post correct stats or information instead of being insanely wrong as usual. Wink
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 1st 2011, 7:19 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

Meh, Superbowl titles.

So 4 SB Berths don't mean anything at all? The Pats do a better job than anyone else with "no name" players on their team. They aren't goin to win a SB every year but they are a contender year in and year out.

A few starters? Stop makng it sound like they just came outta nowhere with a bunch of rookies and FAs and surprised everyone..
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 1st 2011, 7:20 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

Meh, Superbowl titles.

The Packers have a more talented roster than the Patriots do. The Pats did so well this year because of their superior coaching and a Hall of Fame quarterback. And if you're going to try and put down a team like the Pats, you can at least bother to post correct stats or information instead of being insanely wrong as usual. Wink

Seriously^
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 1st 2011, 8:24 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:

Meh, Superbowl titles.

So 4 SB Berths don't mean anything at all? The Pats do a better job than anyone else with "no name" players on their team. They aren't goin to win a SB every year but they are a contender year in and year out.

A few starters? Stop makng it sound like they just came outta nowhere with a bunch of rookies and FAs and surprised everyone..

I'm not trying to say they don't do much, but as of right now the Packers are doing a much better job.

And I won't say they came out of nowhere, but they did win the Superbowl with 15 or so guys on IR and in the Superbowl they lost Sam Shields and Charles Woodson...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next