Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2011 NFL DRAFT!

+14
Soarindude02
tubbs51
HurpDurpHurray
BaltRavensFan20
TRU11
Mutant
CaptRCG2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
SteelersJMB
JermikesHere
PhantomReturns93
KWicK78
Pintsizedjark
MaddMatter
18 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2011 NFL DRAFT! - Page 4 Empty Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT!

Post  George_the_Kat April 29th 2011, 1:07 pm

tubbs51 wrote:I like the Seahawks pick. We get a guy that can play LG, RG, or RT.
Carpenter was probably the most underrated player on the 2009 National Championship team. I think he will end up at RT.
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 29th 2011, 2:00 pm

Christian Ponder: F

lmfao..

Oh man Vikings, have fun in last place. We held that spot FAR to long. Laughing

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 29th 2011, 3:42 pm

George_the_Kat wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:I like the Seahawks pick. We get a guy that can play LG, RG, or RT.
Carpenter was probably the most underrated player on the 2009 National Championship team. I think he will end up at RT.
Yeah. One of his major strengths is the run game and with the Seahawks transition (back) to a west coast offense we'll be keying on our running backs quite often and Carpenter was arguably the best run blocker in this years draft.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 29th 2011, 4:21 pm

The Steelers better trade up for Ras-I Dowling tonight or I am gonna flip.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 29th 2011, 5:37 pm

at23steelers wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:Someone please tell me why I shouldn't be pissed bout our pick...

Why would you be?? One of the best pass-rushing prospects in the draft. Who cares he played 4-3 DE in college? So, did 90% of the other 3-4 LB's in the NFL. Woodley played 4-3 and is now a great 3-4 LB. I don't see what's wrong with it. Most people projected him to go to Texans at 11, and he goes 7. A slight reach, but how can you hate your pick before seeing him step on the field with your team?

CB is more important and Prince is proven to be effective. Why wouldn't we grab him?
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 5:54 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Why would you be?? One of the best pass-rushing prospects in the draft. Who cares he played 4-3 DE in college? So, did 90% of the other 3-4 LB's in the NFL. Woodley played 4-3 and is now a great 3-4 LB. I don't see what's wrong with it. Most people projected him to go to Texans at 11, and he goes 7. A slight reach, but how can you hate your pick before seeing him step on the field with your team?

CB is more important and Prince is proven to be effective. Why wouldn't we grab him?

Exactly. The 49ers already have a somewhat decent pass rush, and certainly they could have acquired Akeem Ayers or someone else in the 2nd round to give them a shot there, but they honestly needed Prince Amukamara or Jimmy Smith more than they needed Aldon Smith.

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 29th 2011, 6:20 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Exactly. The 49ers already have a somewhat decent pass rush, and certainly they could have acquired Akeem Ayers or someone else in the 2nd round to give them a shot there, but they honestly needed Prince Amukamara or Jimmy Smith more than they needed Aldon Smith.

I mean, yeah we need to improve the pass rush. But Lawson, Justin Smith, and Ahmad Brooks can do it when they want to. They're just inconsistent. Did you see Donald Driver run all over our secondary? We need young, physical guys in our secondary. Clements is getting old. Spencer is just an average guy in every way.

I just really hope Aldon Smith comes out like a hurricane and proves me wrong. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like him and after doing some research, I think he can be good. I just don't know why we passed on some other great talent like Prince.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 29th 2011, 9:08 pm

MaddMatt just announced the Lions pick ...Mikel Lashoure Shocked ...didnt they just take Jahvid Best last year?
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 29th 2011, 9:15 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:MaddMatt just announced the Lions pick ...Mikel Lashoure Shocked ...didnt they just take Jahvid Best last year?

Now I'm not that white lmao. Yeah but we needed a power back to gain the tough yards.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 9:50 pm

Ravens taking Torrey Smith = HELL TO THE YEAHHH

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 29th 2011, 11:14 pm

Im more excited about the Jets 3rd round pick Kenric Ellis than i am about thier 1st rounder Shocked ...Ellis is a BEAST 6'4 350lb NT that is going to replace BIG JENKS, holy shit i cant believe he lasted til the 94th pick Very Happy

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 29th 2011, 11:29 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Ravens taking Torrey Smith = HELL TO THE YEAHHH

Nice pick. Funny thing is Puppets didnt think he'd last til then Razz
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 11:54 pm

tubbs51 wrote:

Neither did Jermike.

Funny how the tables turned Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 11:56 pm

DRAFT SHOCKER!!!!!!

Raiders took the fastest player in the draft with Van Dyke from The U.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 30th 2011, 12:13 am

tubbs51 wrote:

Whoa!!! i never said anything about Torrey Smith, i said CB Jimmy Smith wouldnt get past the Jets if he was there at # 30
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 30th 2011, 1:57 am

tubbs51 wrote:

Yeah that was actually just me, why are you bringing puppetz into it?
And I never thought Smith would be there for Baltimore.. but my point was actually that no mocks had him falling to the Ravens in the 2nd round and that sna was wrong about that. I wasn't and am still not wrong about that. The Ravens made a nice pick there, good value imo.. but I don't really think he's going to be that great. I think they had a nice draft so far.. high risk, high reward kind of players. Could go either way. J. Smith could be a very good corner or he could go to jail (I think he will be good). T. Smith could be a good speed receiver, or he could be Darius Heyward-Bey (I think the latter).

The teams I think did the best were the Giants and Lions.. on the flip side, I don't know what the hell the Patriots were doing the past 2 days, but I love it. 2 running backs, a backup qb, an overrated offensive lineman (imo), and a solid corner. No pass rushers or help on the d-line. Real nice to see.

JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 30th 2011, 2:15 am

JermikesHere wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

Yeah that was actually just me, why are you bringing puppetz into it? You should just stick to your misinformed foolishness with politics or something if you are gonna just be wrong about things.

And I never thought Smith would be there for Baltimore.. but my point was actually that no mocks had him falling to the Ravens in the 2nd round and that sna was wrong about that. I wasn't and am still not wrong about that. The Ravens made a nice pick there, good value imo.. but I don't really think he's going to be that great. I think they had a nice draft so far.. high risk, high reward kind of players. Could go either way. J. Smith could be a very good corner or he could go to jail (I think he will be good). T. Smith could be a good speed receiver, or he could be Darius Heyward-Bey (I think the latter).

The teams I think did the best were the Giants and Lions.. on the flip side, I don't know what the hell the Patriots were doing the past 2 days, but I love it. 2 running backs, a backup qb, an overrated offensive lineman (imo), and a solid corner. No pass rushers or help on the d-line. Real nice to see.

Sorry i got the two of you mixed up... easy to do when both of you are assholes in the same way and style.

And if we're gonna nit pick with mixing up names. You werent 100% right. only partially right. Most mocks (except for two of the major ones) had T. Smith going before the Ravens could get him. But you also said that he'd be gone late 1st round to early 2nd round in every mock draft. However thats not true, only one of them had Smith going in the late 1st-early 2nd round area. Now you cant say that you dont pull shit out of your ass either Smile .

See, i can point out tiny incorrect things you say Smile
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 30th 2011, 3:07 am

Why was my post deleted here??

I was just pointing out that tubbs is an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. What's the big deal??
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 30th 2011, 3:49 am

Meh, I think the Ravens did a very good job drafting so far.

We addressed the needs that we needed to, and in the correct order of importance: CB, WR, and OL.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 30th 2011, 8:03 am

So far, only 2 picks I don't like.

Newton and Miller. I think both were reaches and do not fit the particular systems they will be playing in the pros.

I love the fairly pick and the bowers pick. both steals

every other pick doesnt surprise me. people are making a big deal about the top 4 qbs taken. who ever thought that teams with losing records would take safe picks in the 1st round is insane. there is a reason why they are in the top 12 draft picks year after year.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 30th 2011, 2:11 pm

I'm in love with the Jets picks. Excellent DT/DE in Muhammad Wilkerson at 6'4, 317, can play DE on 1st/2nd down and play NT on 3rd down (instead of having Shaun Ellis play NT on 3rd). Then Kenrick Ellis, who is a massive NT at 347 lbs., and can actually give us a young NT for once! He's pretty athletic for his weight too, ran a 5.04 40 at the combine. We have our D-Line of the future for now.

I've actually had some fun watching the draft. Lots of reaches, interesting picks, suspenseful ones, surprises. Christian Ponder at 12?!? What a draft.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 30th 2011, 2:46 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

Patriots always know what they're doing.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 30th 2011, 2:49 pm

I think the Browns should stick with the 3-4, Phil Taylor is a pure nose tackle and Jabaal Sheard will be a better 3-4 OLB than he will be a 4-3 end.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 30th 2011, 2:51 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

So says the media. Check their draft history.. they clearly don't always know what they're doing.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 30th 2011, 2:55 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

So says the media. Check their draft history.. they clearly don't always know what they're doing.

Making the playoffs pretty much every year with talent that no one has heard of clearly means they aren't reloading their team with young guys/rookies.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next